Seattle Cancer Care Alliance Employee Reviews

Health care field
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 30, 2012
I have been working in the healthcare field for the last 12 years, I have done multiple duties in both jobs. I worked at Virginia medical Center for 8 years and during that time, I have done checkin,schedualing, Medical durable equipment fitting as well as removed cast, I have roomed patients, updated their insurance, I have been a PBX operator and well as coordinated Travel Medicine immunizations. I have maintained a outpatient chemo therapy flow board for up to 15 nurses at a time as well being in a very high stress enviroment. I am a very fast learner and can multi-task to the fullest. I would love to continue to work in the health field but am also very qualified for the Customer Service field as well.
Pros
great raises
Cons
they do not value their employees at all, no employee incintives. high turnovers.
A very healthy workplace
Phlebotomist/Specimen Processing /Bone Marrow Tech (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 4, 2014
When I was working at SCCA, I always look forward going to work with a smile on my face.
I grew and mature intellectually and socially. The level of trust that was given to me is self assuring and really helped me a lot to become efficient in my field of expertise, it was a pleasure giving my contribution to the company.
My co-workers and managers and I interact very well. We care about each other. Conscious and sensitive of each other's thoughts and words.
The hardest part was when I told them I am moving away and going to different country due to family decision.
Everyday was fun and enjoyable at SCCA. I really had a wonderful time working with them.
A challanging / fun place to work amoung great coworkers.
Phlebotomist/Specimen Processing Tech I (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 8, 2014
I spent most of my time drawing blood using venipuncture phlebotomy. I also worked in the laboratory processing specimens and learning the functions. I enjoyed all of my co-workers. Even though our job was serious and saddening, we all found time to be pleasant to each other. The hardest part of the job was watching patients going through difficult periods of time through their treatment. The most enjoyable part of the job was the patients giving you a smile and saying great job, because you did your job well.
Pros
exceptional staff
Cons
many per diem positions with no benifets
Needs Alot of Improvement
Team Coordinator (Former Employee) –  SeattleSeptember 25, 2012
Patients are the main focus. However, if you dont take care of the employees the patients eventually suffer. This has not been recognized by the organization. As long as they can blame someone else they don't have to be responsible. Henceforth, high turnover. I would never work there again. The environment is high stress and you have to constantly be on the defensive.
Pros
patients are well taken care of
Cons
bullying and harassment techniques are used against employees
Better than most
Patient Access Specialist (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 3, 2015
Having worked at other health care facilitates, Seattle Cancer Care Alliance does provide a better work environment than most larger hospitals. Advancement opportunities are available but they are seldom outside of the department you work for. Would stay here as an employee if they were not downtown. I live so far away now that traffic is forcing me to locate closer to home.
Pros
comfortable work environment
Cons
hard to advance to different departments
cancer care review
Customer Service/Collector (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 20, 2015
The company at a whole is a great place to work for and a great place for patient's to get excellent cancer care. Ive learned so much about the different cancers and the technology and resources there are now to beat some cancers that were once considered fatal. Over all great company!
Pros
nice compensation.
Cons
short breaks, management can be rude!
A fast paced oncology clinic with lots of wonderful people.
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 26, 2015
Working here at the SCCA has been a wonderful experience for me. I really enjoyed my co workers, they are the nicest people I have met.
By far the best Supervisor I have experenced and I have became close to most of the patients.
Pros
Meeting lots of new and different people
Cons
Very busy clinic
Productive healthcare teamwork resulting in excellent patient care.
CLINICAL TECHNICIAN II (Former Employee) –  Seattle WashingtonMay 2, 2014
Schedule allowed for minimal stress while focusing on the daily tasks that required attention to detail and accuracy. Respect for team member's contribution helped to achieve goal for decrease in turn around times. Management very supportive of all contribution's.
SCCA Making a Difference, One Patient at the Time
IT Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 30, 2015
SCCA is a great organization with a great goal and amazing people. It is a rewarding job, everyday is important in helping out patients fighting diseases.
Pros
Great cause, benefits, pay, working hours
Cons
Weird management mind, which have hard time to recognize great workers
Exceptional organization to work for.
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 15, 2014
Seattle Cancer Care Alliance is an exceptional organization to work for. Each and every staff member, regardless of their title or position, is genuinely kind. They are very understanding of family obligations and the need for time off to take care of them.
Fun work place
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 18, 2015
SCCA is a very fast pace environment. MA's room about 150-200 patients a day and work with different providers daily. Co-workers are very friendly. You learn as you go with the job. The hardest part of the job is working with a million providers and not getting to know each one and the way they work!
it's an enjoyable place to work
Cash Applications specialist (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 13, 2015
Nice office setting. good people to work with.Reasonable hours to work. The bedefits or good. Typical day checking the daily depost posting payments to customers accounts and making sure i balance at the end of the day
Cons
No room for growth
Seattle Cancer Care Allaince
Radiation Oncology Team Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 22, 2015
This is the best team that I've been on. My co-workers in this department are amazing. Our focus is to treat the patient with outstanding care.
Pros
Teamwork, outstanding care, fun and flexible
Cons
commute and moral
World-renown cancer center
Charge Nurse, Infusion Suite (Current Employee) –  Seattel, WAFebruary 14, 2015
Excellent care of patients. Top MDs, nursing staff second to none. Supportive environment of staff and ancillary services. Exciting, cutting-edge atmosphere with many patient care opportunities
Great company
Clinical Histotechnian I (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 9, 2015
Great company to work for, amazing benefits and great people who care about their patients. Employer cares about their staff, encourages employees to take advantage of education opportunities on campus.
Superb management and a wonderful place that exemplified teamwork
Radiation Therapist (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 2, 2014
Seattle Cancer Care Alliance is a wonderful atmosphere to work in, focusing on teamwork and delivering top patient care with state of the art equipment.
Sterile Technician (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 18, 2015
Great company to work for. Management and staff were always pleasant to work with. Not just a job but a career. Great to work here and know you are helping people in their fight against cancer.
CNC
Clinical Nurse Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 8, 2014
Great management but some of clinical cultures had a bad attitude towards managers and how everything was run. I thought the nurses needed to be better handled
Pros
new clean environment
Cons
per diem
World Class Cancer Care Facility
Therapist Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 24, 2014
Excellent company to work for. On the leading edge of research based medicine and the newest technologies available.
Pros
benefits, colleagues
Cons
hard to get parking
Umbilical Cord Blood Bank
Cellular Therapy Technologist (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 21, 2014
Manufacturing stem cells for cryopreservation and treatment for certain cancers.
Pros
challenging environment daily
Cons
challenging environment daily