Seattle Cancer Care Alliance

Seattle Cancer Care Alliance Employee Reviews

Don't even bother!
Specimen Technician/Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 31, 2017
The Manager plays favoritism and has no idea what they are doing. They always drop the ball and will flat out have no accountability for what they say and do. On your last day of work. There will be an email sent out to everyone in the lab saying you are no longer with the company!

The work in the lab is very easy. The coworkers are fun and amazing people.
Pros
Good pay and benefits!
Cons
Short breaks, favortism, badly managed, horrible schedules.
Teamwork, Professional, Fun
Associate Director (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 13, 2016
Great teamwork in the department I managed, met goals, decreased A/R days and credits. Very professional, but did through in some fun.
SCCA was under the University of WA umbrella, so had some great contacts. Attended meetings with all partners and kept each other in the loop with insurance, claims, etc issues.
Pros
Managed 38 great staff
Cons
I was in an accident and had to leave an amazing company
high stress, no process/standars
Financial Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 20, 2017
There are no documented processes for anything, you have to make it up as you go. Job can be stressful at times because we are always short on staff. Co-workers are great, they make coming into work enjoyable.
fun busy environment
Medical Assistant Lead (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 7, 2016
Challenges always happening to make us a better and stronger team. The patient panel diverse which made it interesting and better place to work.
Pros
great team to be around.
Cons
heartbreaking to work with young patients and their diagnosis
Nice place for a mid-level nurse
Clinical Nurse Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 16, 2016
If you've been in nursing for 5-15 years, and are looking for a place that will allow some schedule flexibility, this is a great place to work. My coworkers are a great team.
Great company with poor management
Team Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kirkland, WAOctober 6, 2016
SCCA is a great organization, however the managers I worked for kept all the wrong people, so if you came to work every day you had to pick up the slack for everyone else.
Mostly a great place to work
Project Manager II (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 20, 2016
Seattle Cancer Care works hard to give a work life balance in a very difficult industry. Overall, they are a great place to work.
Caregiver
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 3, 2016
Being a caregiver for 2 years I have really learned a lot, care giving is a daily task. We were always going to treatments and receiving his chemo treatment. We had to go to several buildings in one day for several hours at a time. I learned how to properly take care of someone going through chemotherapy and I learned how to change and clean a port.
Pros
Caring for another person
Cons
Very long days
A fast paced oncology clinic with lots of wonderful people.
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 26, 2015
Working here at the SCCA has been a wonderful experience for me. I really enjoyed my co workers, they are the nicest people I have met.
By far the best Supervisor I have experenced and I have became close to most of the patients.
Pros
Meeting lots of new and different people
Cons
Very busy clinic
Better than most
Patient Access Specialist (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 3, 2015
Having worked at other health care facilitates, Seattle Cancer Care Alliance does provide a better work environment than most larger hospitals. Advancement opportunities are available but they are seldom outside of the department you work for. Would stay here as an employee if they were not downtown. I live so far away now that traffic is forcing me to locate closer to home.
Pros
comfortable work environment
Cons
hard to advance to different departments
Sterile Technician (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 18, 2015
Great company to work for. Management and staff were always pleasant to work with. Not just a job but a career. Great to work here and know you are helping people in their fight against cancer.
Seattle Cancer Care Allaince
Radiation Oncology Team Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 22, 2015
This is the best team that I've been on. My co-workers in this department are amazing. Our focus is to treat the patient with outstanding care.
Pros
Teamwork, outstanding care, fun and flexible
Cons
commute and moral
A very healthy workplace
Phlebotomist/Specimen Processing /Bone Marrow Tech (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 4, 2014
When I was working at SCCA, I always look forward going to work with a smile on my face.
I grew and mature intellectually and socially. The level of trust that was given to me is self assuring and really helped me a lot to become efficient in my field of expertise, it was a pleasure giving my contribution to the company.
My co-workers and managers and I interact very well. We care about each other. Conscious and sensitive of each other's thoughts and words.
The hardest part was when I told them I am moving away and going to different country due to family decision.
Everyday was fun and enjoyable at SCCA. I really had a wonderful time working with them.
A challanging / fun place to work amoung great coworkers.
Phlebotomist/Specimen Processing Tech I (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 8, 2014
I spent most of my time drawing blood using venipuncture phlebotomy. I also worked in the laboratory processing specimens and learning the functions. I enjoyed all of my co-workers. Even though our job was serious and saddening, we all found time to be pleasant to each other. The hardest part of the job was watching patients going through difficult periods of time through their treatment. The most enjoyable part of the job was the patients giving you a smile and saying great job, because you did your job well.
Pros
Exceptional staff
Cons
Many per diem positions with no benifets
Needs Alot of Improvement
Team Coordinator (Former Employee) –  SeattleSeptember 25, 2012
Patients are the main focus. However, if you dont take care of the employees the patients eventually suffer. This has not been recognized by the organization. As long as they can blame someone else they don't have to be responsible. Henceforth, high turnover. I would never work there again. The environment is high stress and you have to constantly be on the defensive.
Pros
patients are well taken care of
Cons
bullying and harassment techniques are used against employees
cancer care review
Customer Service/Collector (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 20, 2015
The company at a whole is a great place to work for and a great place for patient's to get excellent cancer care. Ive learned so much about the different cancers and the technology and resources there are now to beat some cancers that were once considered fatal. Over all great company!
Pros
Nice compensation.
Cons
short breaks, management can be rude!
it's an enjoyable place to work
Cash Applications specialist (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 13, 2015
Nice office setting. good people to work with.Reasonable hours to work. The bedefits or good. Typical day checking the daily depost posting payments to customers accounts and making sure i balance at the end of the day
Cons
No room for growth
Health care field
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 30, 2012
I have been working in the healthcare field for the last 12 years, I have done multiple duties in both jobs. I worked at Virginia medical Center for 8 years and during that time, I have done checkin,schedualing, Medical durable equipment fitting as well as removed cast, I have roomed patients, updated their insurance, I have been a PBX operator and well as coordinated Travel Medicine immunizations. I have maintained a outpatient chemo therapy flow board for up to 15 nurses at a time as well being in a very high stress enviroment. I am a very fast learner and can multi-task to the fullest. I would love to continue to work in the health field but am also very qualified for the Customer Service field as well.
Pros
great raises
Cons
they do not value their employees at all, no employee incintives. high turnovers.
Fun work place
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 18, 2015
SCCA is a very fast pace environment. MA's room about 150-200 patients a day and work with different providers daily. Co-workers are very friendly. You learn as you go with the job. The hardest part of the job is working with a million providers and not getting to know each one and the way they work!
Very Active
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 19, 2015
A typical day at work is very busy. I learn to better prioritize. co-worker are difficult to deal with at times but does not effect your work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Seattle Cancer Care Alliance. Our community is ready to answer.

Seattle Cancer Care Alliance Reviews by Location