Seattle Cancer Care Alliance Employee Reviews

Great place to work!
PROGRAM ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 4, 2018
I was given many opportunities to learn different things. Definitely helped me in advancing my healthcare experience and career as a whole. I was able to work with a variety of people in different areas and gain extensive knowledge of healthcare and oncology specifically.
All departments work towards the amazing cause of helping cancer patients and their families.
ADMINISTRATIVE COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 13, 2017
Parking is a complete nightmare and commuting from the eastside is terrible, but the job itself is rewarding. Each person in the company has an impact on the care delivered to cancer patients and their families, which is amazing.
Pros
mission, values
Cons
parking, commute
Psr
Medical Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 8, 2017
I loved my job worked there for 8 good years. but I am no longer employed there.I was a front desk person so I loved interacting with all the patient's I never took anything personal because I knew what these patient's were going through with their sickness. I bonded with quit a few of the patient's . they were dear to my heart and when you find out they lost the battle to cancer it hurts. No one will never know what these people go through unless you have actually come in contact and see them almost every day. their lives change so fast.
stressful place of employment
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 23, 2017
no opportunity for advancement at Seattle cancer care alliance. irresponsible practices at Seattle Cancer care alliance, including: poor management and taking on too many patients with improper staffing.
Good people
Pharmacy Technician/ Chemotherapy/ IV (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 6, 2017
Everyone was very friendly and helpful. Management was knowledgeable and helpful. Everyone is a vital part of the team. This was my favorite job and I regret that i had to quit.
Mission driven company.
Education Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 31, 2017
Mission driven company focused on building programs and opportunities for patients. The company is still in the beginning stages, so it runs like a start-up. This gives employees a lot of opportunity for growth but well established processes are not in place yet.
Needs Improvement
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 22, 2017
At first I thought it was just my group, however, I witnessed throughout the organization poor leadership and communication that rewarded team players who had passive aggressive behavior and favorites acted entitled.

Good transparent and supportive employees were overpowered by management and seniors with poor work ethic, integrity and mission of own agenda who are consumed by their egos. As a result of the underlying tension among staff there is high turnover.

Really, even if pay was fair or good, would anyone feel truly successful or motivated coming to work feeling deflated daily.
Pros
Few good people and some good science
Cons
Toxic work enviornment
bad management
Clinical Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  SeattleOctober 20, 2017
Your co workers are awesome and supportive. However, management does not pretty much care about your well being. You have to find your own coverage when requesting day off.
It was stressful to see patients especially young ones in pain
Receptionist, Main Floor (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 17, 2017
I enjoyed working at SCCA although it broke my heart to see patients suffering from cancer. The teams worked in collaboration and the place was quite clean. You would never see dust or dirt anywhere.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Sometimes people stole your lunch!
productive and fun work environment
Team Coordinator - Image Scheduling (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 12, 2017
While being fast paced, we always find a few minutes to laugh. The company is very supportive and appreciative of it's employees. Changes are constant which enables further learning.

Want to know more about Seattle Cancer Care Alliance?

Ask a question
Lots of ideas but not a lot of movement
Financial Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 9, 2017
SCCA is a good place to work but it could be great if it enabled employees to work modified schedules, telework.
The location is extremely difficult to get to and parking is limited.
If a shuttle was implemented it would make things easier.
Management very bad
Storeroom (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 1, 2017
Hard to work at a place where management doesn't trust their workers
Management takes workers ideas for their own and get all the credit
Upper management looks down on workers and doesn't back them in any situation
benefits
Cons
bad management; no job work/life balance; advancement is null;
Good workting environment.
Medical Assistant/Surgical Tech (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 28, 2017
I start out my day by getting the rooms ready and make sure all the computers are working in each rooms. Then I move into the doctors office and wipe down their rooms. My day start when the patients arrive and I will room the patient.
Good job- terrible management
Inventory management (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 20, 2017
Work rigid. Constant collective punishment. Rigid rule structure . Upper management is built on bullying and intimidation. Despite have ample sick time, management discouraged workers from using it despite risks to patients.
Manager
Clinical Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 19, 2017
Wonderful work culture and employees. Great management and room for growth within the organization. Great mission and patient care. Excellent benefits.
Courier (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA 98109September 15, 2017
Delivered Specimens, to Fred Hutch Cancer Research center. Great place to work. I felt a part of a team, and provided fast services to the Doctors and Nurses.
Pros
being a part of a team
Cons
facing cancer everyday
Busy but rewarding
Mammographer (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 7, 2017
I only worked here for a few months before moving south and staying on as per diem tech but I loved my job and the radiologists were wonderful. The clinic was extremely busy and exhaustion hit when the day was over. That being said, it was very rewarding to know how many people you helped. One of the rads would come back to our area everyday and ask, "what are we doing today?" Just to hear us say "SAVING LIVES!"
Pros
Good pay, great benefits
Great place to work.
Insurance Follow-Up Specialist (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 23, 2017
Great place to work. Looked forward to going everyday. Great pay. Great benefits. Parking could be better/cheaper. Great company culture. Plenty of opportunity for advancement.
Fulfilling and rewarding place to work.
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 12, 2017
I have a great deal of autonomy at work where I set my work schedule and daily tasks based on the priorities of the work I need to accomplish. I work with a diverse group of highly trained and educated individuals who have their own vision of how they want things done. Through working with them I have learned how to direct and lead stakeholders to achieve a common goal despite opposing viewpoints. Management allows for ideas to flow and encourages creativity in finding ways to improve processes which are result driven. The culture is team oriented with a value placed on helping each other be successful. The hardest part of my job is managing with no authority. I am responsible for achieving the goals set for the service line, however no one directly reports to me. I need to get support and buy in through trust and ability to consistently deliver results. The most enjoyable part of my job is being successful at engaging with and encouraging stakeholders to achieve set goals. I believe the best way to promote change is to engage and collaborate with the people who are doing the work. If you encourage people to come up with solutions to problems and direct them toward resolution rather than give them the solution you will have better results that are sustainable.
Pros
Autonomy, Team based, Leaders in Healthcare
Cons
Paying for parking
Amazing Job
Senior Executive Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 2, 2017
Working at Seattle Cancer Care Alliance was a amazing company to work for. This company cares about their employees. I would highly recommend anyone to work for this company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Seattle Cancer Care Alliance. Our community is ready to answer.

Seattle Cancer Care Alliance Reviews by Location