Seattle Children's Hospital

Seattle Children's Hospital Employer Reviews

Rewarding experience!
Rehabilitation RN (Former Employee), SeattleJuly 19, 2013
I have not had a better career to date than when I worked at Seattle Children's Hospital. If I did not move to continue my education, I would still be there.
Although I worked on the rehabilitation floor, working with children and families managing brain and spinal cord injuries, watching children improve and adapt to limitations was very rewarding. – more... I especially enjoyed when the families would return to visit after discharge to say hello.
The rehabilitation team made up of medical staff, nurses, and therapists is very strong, cohesive group that works well together to provide optimal care for patients and families. Families acknowledged the teamwork and always appreciated the care provided. – less
Good Healthcare for kids, but not good for employees
Program Asst. (Former Employee), Seattle, WAJuly 3, 2013
Pros: fairly good salary and benefits plan
Cons: personal job satisfaction is a real problem here, and no one seems to be in your corner.
I spent several years working at SCH for different departments. There are too many inept, rude and frankly "unstable" managers at this place.

Try to bring an issue to HR regarding the behavior and unethical practices of a boss and that conversation might end up in your boss's email. HR has really changed from when I was there.

They do care about the – more... health of children, and that is good, but improving employee morale does not seem to be a big priority here, even though this is addressed each year in the Gallup polls they do for job satisfaction. Non-clinical employees generally get the worst treatment. Tread carefully, and know that managers and some administrators are not always on your side. I'd look elsewhere first before considering a position with Children's, unless all you are looking for is a decent salary and benefits plan. Your satisfaction and happiness is not a given in this organization. – less
Patient and Family oriented hospital
Sr. Clinical Systems Analyst (Current Employee), Seattle, WAJune 15, 2013
Pros: supportive of patient safety
Cons: slow development and unnecessarily complex request
The IS Department is challenged by very demanding users of the EHR. However, solutions are often times bogged down in committee after committee meetings that often result in effort and time wasted.
Partner u will work with is abrasive
Purchasing (Former Employee), Seattle,waFebruary 6, 2013
There are 2 purchasing positions. The lady that will train you is very abrasive and rude

June 2, 2013

I LOVE working at Seattle Children's and would hope anyone who happens upon this comment to consider two things: that the source of the comment is a FORMER employee and secondly abrasiveness and rudeness would not be tolerated at Children's because of our policy of ART (accountability, respect and teamwork.) The department where this FORMER employee worked is one of the most positive, fun places I've ever worked. I am starting my 3rd year in the Pharmacy at Seattle Children's (my 5th year at Children's) and my analogy is that it feels like everyone is in a well maintained vessel rowing in the same direction with the destination being helping children! It's great work!

Wonderful place to work
Credentialing Specialist (Former Employee), Seattle, WAJanuary 28, 2013
This hospital is a great place to work and has great benefits. The only thing is the work/life balance. Seattle is extremely busy and expensive to live there.
ask about mandatory call
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee), throughout the hospitalJanuary 23, 2013
Pros: you get to work with children
Cons: you are expected to work harder than is safe for the patients
The HR dept. is underhanded. If you are a Resp. Ther. I would look elsewhere. The hospital is currently taking advantage of the RT's here. There is mandatory call in effect, problems with pay for overtime and contract manipulation by the payroll and HR departments. Be warned
Productive and very busy work place. The kids are awesome!
FSC-Flu Room (Former Employee), Seattle, WAJanuary 4, 2013
A typical day in the flu room would be; setting up the stations getting ready for the employees, patient and family members to come in a receive the yearly influenzia vaccine. The employees would also need to have their Hep B, fit testing, and PPD done to be compliant. My job was to make sure that everyone that came through our door was up to date and – more... compliant.

My co-workers was awesome! We worked well together as a team. Everyone pitched in when needed without hesitation. There was nothing hard about the job. If I had to choose a hard part it would be seeing the kids not being active due to their illness. The enjoyable part was making them smile. It brought out the kid in me. – less
Its all good accept HR
Engineering (Former Employee), Seattle, WADecember 11, 2012
Pros: care for patients, collaborative environment
Cons: hr not business partners
Great place to work if you don't work in HR. Coffee is the focus of leadership in HR since they come from Starbucks and brought folks over from starbucks that do not fit the team or culture. HR is unethical, the rest of the Hospital is amazing.

January 22, 2013

This hospital could be a good place to work but wait until management does something unethical and then try going to human resources for support and watch it back fire on you. This is a hospital that does not work to better the employee relationships or managers.

Seattle Children's
Nurse (Current Employee), Seattle, WANovember 12, 2012
Cons: union controls pay/parking charges
great management, team work, teaching facility. Positive work environment.

January 23, 2013

Um, the hospital has a secret pact with the City of Seattle and the Laurelhurst Community regarding parking and charges. The Union has nothing to do with it. And if you weren't in a Union, chances are you would be making 20 to 30% less than you are now.

Amazing company!
Radiology coder (Current Employee), SeattleOctober 18, 2012
Pros: great benefits.
Children's Hospital is an amazing company that truly cares about the community and it's employees.
Quality Assurance/Image Librarian (Current Employee), Seattle, WAJuly 26, 2012
Pros: you are compensated for alternative commuting
Cons: you can't park on site.
Working for the childrens hospital is very inspiring as you see kids who are very sick but yet still have the biggest smiles on their faces. I learn so much here daily, not only in my profession but personally. The management staff always wants to know what can be done to make you job simple but yet still satisfying. The hardest part of the job is some – more... days could be overwhelming with the amount of work to be done in one day and not being able to complete all task. THe most enjoyable part of the job is we are all here to accomplish one gold and that is to help kids get well. – less
Great Place to work.
Network Engineer (Current Employee), Seattle, WAMay 30, 2012
I thoroughly enjoyed my time working at Seattle Children's hospital. I would recommend it as a place to work.
Excellent work environment, very team focus care.
Clinical Supervisor (Current Employee), SeattleApril 24, 2012
Pros: autonomy, and team focus
Cons: management economic focus, needs to be more patient.
Great work environment. Everyone helps each other and supports each other. Terrific teaching hospital.
Great Place to work
Interim Director, Seattle Children's (Current Employee), Seattle, WAMarch 21, 2012
Great Place to work. No complaints. I highly recommend this employer.

March 30, 2012

I was not very well organized and the nurses are nice, but over worked. It was not ran well at all.

Private organized medical instution with quality food services from the dietary department
FSS & Formula Technician (Current Employee), 4800 Sand Point Way NE, Seattle, WA, 98105November 27, 2011
Pros: quality services
Cons: may require more employees
Seattle Children is a large medical instution with all aspects of medical services, including the nutrition services. Seattle Children has an outstanding dietary department as well as clinical nutrition services that connects all dietary employee, diet techs, and dietary supervisors together to provide quality nutrition cares to clients.
Alot of high school drama
ED Security Officer (Former Employee), EDDecember 14, 2013
At first the position was great but then quickly turned into a good ol boys club.

About Seattle Children's Hospital

Children's Hospital and Regional Medical Center was a big name for little kids, so they changed it to what everyone already used: – Read more

Seattle Children's Hospital Photos