Seattle Pacific University Employee Reviews in United States

Enjoyed the people I worked with, built great friendships!
Assistant Director, Alumni & Parent Relations (Former Employee) –  Queen Anne/Seattle, WAFebruary 24, 2016
I learned how to work with various people in other departments (facilities, catering, security) to build good relationships and to always let others know how much I appreciate their hard work.

I am a people person and enjoy working with others, my co-workers were amazing and it was hard to leave my last position at Seattle Pacific, but I'm ready for new challenges beyond event planning.
Pros
Working in higher education
Cons
Planning all Alumni/Parent events
Great Community
Catering (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 17, 2016
Provides great opportunities and a great work environment. I enjoy each day at work. I have supportive managers and coworkers. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing more students get involved in outdoor recreation.
Creative and fun workplace
Lab Prep (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 14, 2015
I was able to attain this job through my school SPU. my typical day at work is when I come in and prepare chemicals needed for a chemistry class. I ensure that the class have to right chemicals need to perform experiments in class. I enjoyed this job because I get to apply what i have learned from my chemistry class
Amazing students...tough work place
Development Assistant (Major Gifts) (Former Employee) –  seattleJune 20, 2012
This is a tough place to work if you didn't attend school here. Even the staff community feels very closed off. There has been a lot of turn over in the alumni/development offices due to poor management.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
hard to move up unless you are an alumni
Masters in Management
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Seattle Pacific UniversityFebruary 10, 2014
Industry Analysis: Our team researched a holistic analysis of industry conditions and presented the results to a panel of Seattle business owners and industry leaders. Our team voiced the direction of the Outdoor & Recreational Equipment Industry and showed how a business could align with current and future trends.

Leadership
Economics
Managerial Accounting
Microsoft Excel
Managerial Finance
Legal Environment, (Business Law)
Marketing
Operations Management
Wonderful Culture and Values
Residence Life Administration Intern (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 10, 2013
I loved being at SPU both as a student and an RA. The positions I held at this university were educational and life giving for me.
The other RA's and my Supervisor were amazing and I wouldn't trade anything for this experience.
Pros
life lived with passionate and caring people
Caring and relaxed environment
Assistant Manager/Collegium Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 12, 2015
A great place to develop and create lasting friendships through the provision of a home-like environment for commuter students and one in which they feel genuinely connected to the people who go there.
I enjoyed working with students and fellow coaches. I'm very much a team player
Track Coach (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 19, 2014
I ran the intramural program for the college students, I offered 35 activities for the students I was in charge of budget, supervisors, training officials, and supevisors
I ran the equipment room. Made sure the athletes were ready for road trips and home games. Made sure I train students to open and close the gym. do laundry, check out equipement from the cage and lockers.
I was also in charge of set up crew for home volleyball games, basketball games and gymnastic meets. set up and clean up train students
I also coached track and worked with throwers had 13 all Americans
Retired in fall of 2012 I worked there for 34 years.
Pros
my children got 90 percent off tutiion
Cons
worked many six or seven days a week
Very Productive, some times fun to work in
Trainee Chef (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 2, 2013
Find out from Executive Chef what is needed to be done for the day, read and prerare menus for the day prepare and cook differant foods, and prepare sandwiches.
Pros
free lunches, good people to work with
Cons
no healthcare at all
Great school that provides a well rounded education.
STUDENT ENGINEER- WATER SYSTEMS (Former Employee) –  Blakely Island, WANovember 9, 2014
Small, Christian school that provides a variety of majors to choose from. Great connections and resources provided for each new grad.
Good place
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 14, 2012
I had a blast, wish I could have stayed longer. It was only for a student employment position, but it was still one of the best jobs I had in college.
It's a good school
Information desk (Former Employee) –  seattle, waFebruary 25, 2014
Here are my thoughts: I only worked here doing low level duties (i.e., information desk, RA assistant), but it was a great university to attend.
Great University
Adjunct Instructor of Communications (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 12, 2013
A wonderful private institution located in a great urban setting.
Productive and fun work place
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 4, 2012
I like working w/students at Seattle Pacific University .I feel younger...

4.5