Seattle Pacific University Employee Reviews

Very good place to work for Temp and Longterm employees.
Data Analyst, Finance & Budget Analyst (Contract) (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 22, 2017
This place really wants you to succeed and focuses on building the employee.

The flexible career options and the quality of the campus environment is the best part.
Pros
Easy going
Cons
Na
n/a
Microsystems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 20, 2017
Loved the people I worked with.The company is privately owned and does not show great appreciation for its employees.Medium sized company with a family atmosphere, flexible work hours.
Excellent Work Environment
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 15, 2017
Friendly staff, excellent work environment. Perfect for someone who is starting his/her first job.

I get to leave work on time, which is great in today's world.
Great atmosphere but could improve academic rigor
MA Student in Industrial-Organizational Psychology (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 30, 2017
My time at SPU while pursuing my master's in Industrial-Organizational Psychology was great as I made great friends and learned practical knowledge that has carried me far. The only factor I would change is to improve the academic rigor of the program, as I felt that compared to other programs in the US it was a little lacking.
Pros
Great connections
Cons
Lack of academic rigor
Excellent working experience
Student Union Board Programmer (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 30, 2016
Working as a programmer at SPU, I learned the true art of balancing multiple tasks. Working full time while also being a student, managing event budgets, working on multiple teams... it was an excellent learning experience.
Faith centered Institute
Server (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 4, 2016
SPU is a christian university which focus its teaching on to love of christ and working toward reconciliation for all. Students and teachers alike are loving and want to see others grow an become version of themselves an live for Christ.
Welcoming office community
OFFICE ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 9, 2016
I enjoyed working at Seattle Pacific University for the kind and warm office community each department has. I learned a lot about a traditional office setting while in school and have been able to apply the skills I gained from this job into my current endeavors.
Flexible hours and gaining new experience with Mechanical equipments
Engineer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 31, 2016
My typical day during work was focusing on organizing labs and take an inventory about all the equipment that we have for probably 5 Labs or more. after finishing that work. we started disassemble multiple printers and use some of its parts in building robots, all of that work was before school started during the summer working full time from 8am to 5pm.
When school start, I have been assigned by the Mechanical professor to take an engine apart and then fix a couple part in it and reassemble it in a way that he could explain to the class how this engine works.
I learned how to weld during my free time. Also, gained some experience by using multiple mechanical equipment to building something or for drilling.
My time was neat there was no problem start working at 8am - 5pm including 15minutes break.
My co-workers were seniors and juniors as well as I am during Fall 2014.
There was no hard time of the job really but it was fun to work with seniors and graduate students from that year as well and I gained some experience by just talking with them including cleaning nevertheless it takes a lot of time but it is easy.
Pros
gaining new experience
Cons
there was a lot of unorganized Material.
Enjoyed the people I worked with, built great friendships!
Assistant Director, Alumni & Parent Relations (Former Employee) –  Queen Anne/Seattle, WAFebruary 24, 2016
I learned how to work with various people in other departments (facilities, catering, security) to build good relationships and to always let others know how much I appreciate their hard work.

I am a people person and enjoy working with others, my co-workers were amazing and it was hard to leave my last position at Seattle Pacific, but I'm ready for new challenges beyond event planning.
Pros
Working in higher education
Cons
Planning all Alumni/Parent events
Great Community
Catering (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 17, 2016
Provides great opportunities and a great work environment. I enjoy each day at work. I have supportive managers and coworkers. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing more students get involved in outdoor recreation.
Creative and fun workplace
Lab Prep (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 14, 2015
I was able to attain this job through my school SPU. my typical day at work is when I come in and prepare chemicals needed for a chemistry class. I ensure that the class have to right chemicals need to perform experiments in class. I enjoyed this job because I get to apply what i have learned from my chemistry class
Caring and relaxed environment
Assistant Manager/Collegium Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 12, 2015
A great place to develop and create lasting friendships through the provision of a home-like environment for commuter students and one in which they feel genuinely connected to the people who go there.
Great school that provides a well rounded education.
STUDENT ENGINEER- WATER SYSTEMS (Former Employee) –  Blakely Island, WANovember 9, 2014
Small, Christian school that provides a variety of majors to choose from. Great connections and resources provided for each new grad.
It's a good school
Information desk (Former Employee) –  seattle, waFebruary 25, 2014
Here are my thoughts: I only worked here doing low level duties (i.e., information desk, RA assistant), but it was a great university to attend.
I enjoyed working with students and fellow coaches. I'm very much a team player
Track Coach (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 19, 2014
I ran the intramural program for the college students, I offered 35 activities for the students I was in charge of budget, supervisors, training officials, and supevisors
I ran the equipment room. Made sure the athletes were ready for road trips and home games. Made sure I train students to open and close the gym. do laundry, check out equipement from the cage and lockers.
I was also in charge of set up crew for home volleyball games, basketball games and gymnastic meets. set up and clean up train students
I also coached track and worked with throwers had 13 all Americans
Retired in fall of 2012 I worked there for 34 years.
Pros
my children got 90 percent off tutiion
Cons
worked many six or seven days a week
Masters in Management
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Seattle Pacific UniversityFebruary 10, 2014
Industry Analysis: Our team researched a holistic analysis of industry conditions and presented the results to a panel of Seattle business owners and industry leaders. Our team voiced the direction of the Outdoor & Recreational Equipment Industry and showed how a business could align with current and future trends.

Leadership
Economics
Managerial Accounting
Microsoft Excel
Managerial Finance
Legal Environment, (Business Law)
Marketing
Operations Management
Very Productive, some times fun to work in
Trainee Chef (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 2, 2013
Find out from Executive Chef what is needed to be done for the day, read and prerare menus for the day prepare and cook differant foods, and prepare sandwiches.
Pros
Free Lunches, Good people to work with
Cons
No Healthcare at all
Great University
Adjunct Instructor of Communications (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 12, 2013
A wonderful private institution located in a great urban setting.
Wonderful Culture and Values
Residence Life Administration Intern (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 10, 2013
I loved being at SPU both as a student and an RA. The positions I held at this university were educational and life giving for me.
The other RA's and my Supervisor were amazing and I wouldn't trade anything for this experience.
Pros
Life Lived with Passionate and Caring People
Good place
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 14, 2012
I had a blast, wish I could have stayed longer. It was only for a student employment position, but it was still one of the best jobs I had in college.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Seattle Pacific University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5