Seattle University Employee Reviews

Great place to work, highly diverse and interesting job.
Administrative Coordinator to Dean of Education (Current Employee) –  Seattle,August 18, 2015
Busy and fast paced job, once you come in, it is already time to leave. Meet and work with many interesting people. Enjoyable place to work - both management and coworkers are great to work with.
Pros
Best benefits of any company I know of.
Cons
My commute is too long.
Working at School
INDEPENDENT LITERATURE RESEARCH (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 17, 2015
It was accommodating to class schedules and projects. Since the job was on campus it was easy to manage the work day. Managements was cool and working there you get to know the chemistry department really well.
Productive and fun place to be
Adjunct Regular Faculty (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 10, 2015
Great university, great exposure to a great curriculum. Great nursing program, very nurturing environment, awesome faculties to collaborate and receive support. Great place to get expose to caring program.
Pros
Across from Swedish
Cons
Limited teaching hours
Customer Service
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 16, 2015
In Seattle University book store, it was my part time job in the university life. Here, i learned a lot how to assist customers need and communicate either customers or co workers.
Very productive; there was always something new to do
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 2, 2015
A typical day was usually challenging and caused me think of new and different ways to approach problems. The students were great to work with.
A fun work environment to meet new transfer students and to help them with their new life at Seattle University
President of Tau Sigma Transfer Honor Society (Former Employee) –  SeattleAugust 7, 2014
I was able to help many student getting over the phase of adapting to their new home - Seattle University. It's a really fun work place because I had an amazing team who were there to support and work together towards a common goal.
Pros
networking, public speaking, free lunches, event coordination
Cons
unpaid
Laid back, enjoyable work environment
Electrician's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 25, 2014
I spent the work day walking around campus surveying electrical equipment, usually lights. If I wasn't surveying, I was going directly to locations on campus to complete a work request. I learned a lot about maintenance and lighting during my employment, as well as how important it was for coworkers to get along. It was a very friendly environment, which made working and talking with supervisors very easy. Everyone was approachable, and willing to help out and answer questions. And working in pairs or groups was never a problem.

For me, personally, the hardest part of the job was climbing ladders to change lights, at least early on. I had a fear of heights that lasted a year into the job. Thanks to the work I mostly got over it, but it wasn't easy to climb 8 to 15 feet above ground, or get on a Genie lift and go over 20 feet in the air in a shaky basket, and still operate. But I'm happy I did it, as it improved me physically and mentally.

As for what was the mostly enjoyable part of the job, it's a toss up between all the free food that was shared between my coworkers and I, or the coworkers themselves. I made some great friends and ate some great food while employed there. It was definitely a good experience.
Excellent Culture
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 12, 2013
Seattle University has an excellent culture evident on its campus that includes staff, faculty, and students. A certain amount of pride can be taken from working for an organization that extends a mission of, "empowering leaders for a just and humane world."

Excellent benefits, including full medical and continuing education benefits, excellent commuter program/transit discounts.

Working security, I met most of the staff on campus at one point or anther - most people are very friendly.
Pros
great culture, great benefits, flexibility
Cons
long hours, some communication gaps between certain departments
Easy enough job that allowed you to get close to the business school administration.
Business School Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WashingtonAugust 3, 2013
Responsible for scheduling appointments between academic advisors and students, filing student paperwork, recording documents, and forwarding to the schools registrar’s office, as well as any other small tasks and special projects the administrators needed completed. Co workers were also other students, most of the time business students so we all got along well. Hardest part of the job was during registration week when we would have to serve over 300 students in a week for problems that they had.
Pros
often got free food from administrative meetings
Liberal Jesuit Values
Undergraduate Academic Advisor - GA (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 28, 2013
Great school in a great location. Students are driven and are excited to change the world.
Not a bad company
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 4, 2013
Seattle U is a good school and have quality people, but a lot of your experience will be depend on the depart in which you work.
Positive atmosphere with timely schedules and lots of group work
Division I Track Athlete (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 3, 2013
Lots of running in the rain (it is Seattle)
Perseverance to excel and push others
Volunteer service to local Children's groups
Very physically difficult but extremely beneficial and outcomes you could see
Security
Public Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Seattle UniversityMay 17, 2013
Patrol the University campus on foot, bike, or by truck. Lock the exterior of the buildings, and call the cops if any real crimes were committed.

I learned that security is a transition job.

Management had been too comfortable in their positions for too long.

Co-workers were largely in transition to other things. About half were graduate students, the other half were happy to have a job paying above minimum wage.

This was one of the easiest jobs I've ever had, and the hardest part was trying to convince myself that what I was doing mattered at all.

Most enjoyable part was getting plenty of exercise, and interacting with the college girls.
Pros
decent pay for unskilled work
Cons
transition job, no real sense of fulfillment
This was a very flexible position and I was able to learn about DOMA.
Temporary Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 23, 2013
My typical day included researching how the different states interpret DOMA and surrounding issues. I really enjoyed the flexibility and easy going nature of my co-workers.
productive and fun
Desk Assistant (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 22, 2013
I enjoyed my time at Seattle University. They ensure that you will gain over arching skills that can be used in any work environment. The employment was amazing and very flexible to meet my schedule with school. Overall good place to work.
Educating the Whole Person
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WashingtonJanuary 21, 2013
Seattle University is a mission driven institution where the staff, faculty and students develop their passion for social justice.
one of the best schools in the US,
Senior Design (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 26, 2012
Great school, with great instructors to help the students have the privilege of having the best studying experience, while being able to gain real world experience through senior design project.
Pros
senior design project, being able to have real world experience in the school.

4.4