Seattle University Employee Reviews

Great for polishing barista and customer service skills
Bon Appetit Part Time Barista/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 22, 2017
Working at Seattle University part time, I was able to manage my time better balancing school and work. I learned how to make all kinds of drinks from different coffees to Italian sodas, and I was able to communicate effectively with my co workers. The culture is about efficiency and the best customer service.
Pros
Effectient operations
Relax and fun
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 26, 2017
Awesome team dynamic and management.
Can be busy depends on the time of school year, some quarter tends to have more classes than other.
Great learning environment.
Great environment of growth and work life balance
Financial Planning Analyst (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 11, 2017
I have had a great experience at Seattle University so far and I don't foresee that changing. I have gained some incredibly valuable skills and learned a lot while I've been here. My manager is appreciative and a great leader. I feel like I am treated as an adult with the respect we all deserve.
Cons
No paid maternity or paternity leave
Self-paced
Adjunct Faculty in College of Nursing (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 24, 2017
Independent for the most part, a few meetings, not much on-boarding for adjunct faculty. Overall it was fine but not sustainable for something to do without another source of income.
Great job for student who wants to work during college
Administrative Assistant / Campus Operator (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 29, 2017
When I first started, I got trained to answer many lines as the college's operator. That was quite fun. Then I helped with purchase order with the IT department.
Review Summary
Student (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 24, 2017
This is the school I attended. They taught me a huge amount of information in a very short time. It was a challenge to learn assimilate and use this amount of information.
Incredible people
Assistant Coach (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 4, 2017
Despite resource and financial challenges, this place dreams big and works hard for those goals. Incredible people with a passion for building, everyone chips in to support and grow the department.
Focuses on the mission
Academic Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 24, 2017
The mission of Seattle University is to prepare leaders for a more just and humane world, and that mission is kept in the forefront of the faculty and staff more than at any other place I've worked.

Individuals' experiences working there will, as with any employer, vary based on their own supervisor and/or the leadership of their department. The university in and of itself is a great place to work.
Pros
Excellent benefits including tuition remission for the employee and family
Cons
Working in higher education can be challenging, everything is decided by committee
Great place as a work study student!
Interim Registration Representative (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 2, 2017
Started as a work study student at the Office of Registrar and Operations and got promoted after graduation.Flexible when needed and very supported from all members of the office.
Work Study is a wonderful thing
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 26, 2017
I only took this job because any money I made would go directly to my tuition. It wasn't terrible, but besides the work study benefits I didn't have any reason to stay
Very peaceful
Volunteer Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 25, 2017
I enjoyed volunteering at Seattle University. I enjoyed reorganizing students files and typing up events happening on the campus. Not to mention the festivals they had were really fun.
Pros
Friendly environment
Senior Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 14, 2017
Mission focused, student centered organization. Going through growth changes. Typical day involves working with students and other departments to resolve issues or make arrangements for events.
Senior Project for Graduation
Software Developer (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 30, 2017
Developed software for mobile application for clientele including a android application for those with diabetes to track and manage. Did the front end UI and
Great Job
PUBLIC SAFETY MONITOR (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 5, 2017
Worked with university as student and the staff were very friendly and did a great job with public safety. Good job for students.
Excellent Opportunity for Educational and Career Development
Teaching/Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 25, 2017
Working with one of my professors as an undergraduate research assistant was one of the greatest opportunities I took advantage of while in school.
Teaching at SU
Linguistics Instructor (Current Employee) –  School of EducationFebruary 14, 2017
I taught at SU as an adjunct faculty. I taught a variety of graduate-level courses: Linguistics, Sociolinguistics, Methods of Teaching a Foreign Language.
Pros
Freedom
Cons
Job is not always available.
Graduate assistant
Graduate Assistant Marketing and Advising (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 12, 2017
I worked in many departments in athletics and Recreational sports. I learned a great deal and enjoyed my time there while I was pursuing my graduate degree.
Pros
Excellent learning opportunities
Cons
Graduated and moved back to Colorado
Good On Campus Job
Student Telephone Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 21, 2016
This job was an excellent way for me to balance my work and school life. The job was on campus and hours were extremely flexible, which was imperative due to my class schedule.
Management is slow and disorganized.
Communication Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 17, 2016
There wasn't a lot of transparency between administrators and staff in regards to work related logistics. And there's a struggle for unionization at the school for staff and the people that work above won't really tell the staff why. I learned a lot on the job I had, made some social connections but overall it's a very in and out type of job to pay bills. The hardest part of the job was trying to make sense of all the errors I had been witnessing and experiencing. Computer systems and programs were unruly and out dated, decades out dated. The only enjoyable part of the job was that I had some few social connections with co-workers and typically 3-4 days off every other week.
Pros
Multiple days off every week.
Cons
Administration and managers need to be more connected and communicate better and more efficiently.
Could be worse
Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 19, 2016
Somewhat difficult University in which to be an adjunct professor. See local news stories regarding University treatment of adjuncts. However, work environment varies greatly depending on college and department.
Pros
Beautiful campus, mission of social justice
Cons
Execution of mission is less than complete.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Seattle University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4