SeaWorld Orlando Employee Reviews

fun
Vendor (Former Employee), Orlando, FLAugust 6, 2015
it was fun working there. I learned how to count cash and how to talk to people. The management was nice. The coworkers where ok.
Productive and fun workplace.
Costumer Service Rep (Former Employee), Orlando FLJuly 11, 2015
The managers at SeaWorld Orlando are great at doing their job. I enjoyed working for SeaWorld because I loved going to work every single day to do what I did. I enjoyed every single part of my job and specially enjoyed getting to know our guest.
Good place to broaden customer service skills
Food and Beverage Assistant (Former Employee), ORlando , FLJune 19, 2015
On a typical day at Seaworld, I reported to Seaport Pizza. I would help open the restaurant and clean before guests arrived. Next, I would help with food preparation and display. Then I would either keep helping with food preparation or I would be put on the line to serve food to customers.
Fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), OrlandoJune 12, 2015
Cons: no permanent positions
Nice place to work and the work life balance is great. I enjoyed working there the staff was always helpful. The pay isn't that great but you get raises.
A go no where, make no change job
Ride Operator (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMay 15, 2015
Pros: Get into Park free
Cons: Everything else
The management is the worst. You can't move up let alone become full or part time. They don't care about their employees at all. You don't get hours. They treat the animals better then they treat there employees, good for the animals I guess but employees should be treated better.
Educational Workplace
Educator III (Former Employee), Orlando, FLApril 25, 2015
It has been quite rewarding to work for SeaWorld Orlando. The opportunity to educate people every day and encourage them to celebrate and appreciate our environment is amazing.
It is a really fun job
Assistant Supervisor (Current Employee), Orlando, FLApril 22, 2015
SeaWorld is a good company to work for, it has a lot of benefits and they really care for their employees. You get to work very closely with animals regardless of what department you work in.
Enjoyable place to work and attending to food service
Food Service Attendant (Current Employee), Orlando, FLMarch 4, 2015
Great opportunity to gain experience. Serving food, cashier, custodial work, busser/dishwashing. Management is quite flexible. Co-workers work great together as a team. Most enjoyable part is the schedule flexibility. Most hardest part of the job is the nothing.
it was a fun place no chance for advancement free ticket for friends to come to park
ticket seller (Former Employee), orlando FLMarch 2, 2015
Pros: free passes
Cons: no benifits or advancement
Collecting and selling tickets and providing great customer service to all of out guests all th people at worked acted as a family and the hardest part of my day was collecting trash at the end of the day i loved talking and meeting new people every day
Stepping Stone
Theatrical Services Technician (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 19, 2015
SeaWorld was an amazing experience and I was surrounded by people who were friendly and very knowledgeable. I learned so much in a short amount of time and I really enjoyed working with multiple different teams and in different locations throughout the park. My managers were friendly and worked with me and my schedule excellently as I am a student as well. The hardest part was being surrounded by professionals who have been working at SeaWorld and other theme parks for many many years and trying to keep up and learn on the go. But everyone was kind and helpful and I quickly picked up the skills and knowledge I needed to do my job. As this is my first theatrical job at a theme park, I hope this will serve as a stepping stone to other theatrical theme park jobs and I am confident that I will re-apply next season.
Sales Ambassador (Current Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 19, 2015
Loved the managers and coworkers, great friendly environment. Managers are helpful and knowledgeable and they value balancing life and work.
Depressing Place to work
Attractions Host for Wild Arctic (Current Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 11, 2015
Not a fun place. The company has gone down hill quick. Ever since Blackfish, the company is paranoid about its day to day functions and there is not hours enough to go around.
Sr Scenic Craftsperson
Sr. Scenic Artist (Current Employee), Orlando, FLDecember 14, 2014
Repairing and maintaining props, themed environments, animal habitats and theatrical elements.
NOT A GOOD JOB
SALES LEAD (Former Employee), Orlando, FlNovember 10, 2014
Get to interact with all kinds of people everyday, which is fun and amazing. Not a good place to be if you want a career and want to move up and learn.
Horrible place to work
FOOD CART ATTENDANT (Former Employee), NORTH CARTSOctober 26, 2014
YOU ARE OVERWORKED AND EXTREMELY UNDER PAID. THERES NO ROOM FOR ADVANCEMENT AND THE HOURS ARE ALMOST NON EXISTENT. THEY DON'T LIKE TO WORK AROUND YOUR SCHOOL SCHEDULE.
Productive and fun workplace where I was Able to work and site see the new things I've never seen before and meet new people from all over the world.
Cashier and Stock Room (Former Employee), Orlando, FLSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: the lunches, the benefits
My typical work day at sea world I would say was very busy. I worked at a very fast pace being that I was In a gift/souvenir shop I was kept very busy. I learned how debit/credit cards were to be authorized and how a cash register worked. My co-workers were oh so nice to me they were definitely a big help when I needed them. My hardest part of working for sea world I would say was the stocking. Sometimes if we needed something out on the floor and it wasn't in the back we would have to then figure out what we were going to put out so that what ever theme we were with those items would blend in. My most enjoyable part when working for sea world I would say was meeting and greeting new people from all over the world, And also getting to see all the different animals and attractions too.
All around great place to work
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee), Discovery Cove, Aquatica and SeaWorldAugust 13, 2014
Many once in a life time opportunities and great co-workers.
Great job
Park Operations - Seasonal (Former Employee), Orlando, FLAugust 12, 2014
Seaworld Orlando, was actually one of them fun great places to work for. Was a job you woke up happy to go to. thanks for the opportunity Seaworld
Rating depends on department
Associate (Former Employee), Orlando, FLAugust 10, 2014
Pros: cool coworkers, free admission to parks and other attractions, cool team member events, pay was solid
Cons: poor communication, lack of transparency, poor organization, non-realistic expectations, medical benefits not to par
At first glance, this is a great company and I would definitely recommend it to anyone looking to be anyone part of something big. However, that recommendation would come with a disclaimer of "be wary of the department".

The department I was in was not an "in-park" job. It seemed great from the onset but I quickly learned it was going to be a long ride. There was no transparency throughout the department, upper levels had no idea what their managers and lower level employees did, communication in the department was murky at best, and everything was entirely segmented. It is preached that everyone is "team members" but in reality you can see who is favorites and who isn't.

This was the first job in which I truly saw sexism from the top down. The upper level was very misogynistic and spoke down at some female employees beneath him (see favorites above).

Employees get along with each other for the most part, but as with any job/situation there is gossip aplenty, and there are definitely "clicks".

Could be a great job for you, could be a bummer. Unfortunately for me it was the latter.

Good luck.
Fast paced resturant.
Food Preparation Worker (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJune 25, 2014
Very busy environment. I was a Food Preparation Worker. I really enjoyed working for this company.