SeaWorld Orlando

SeaWorld Orlando Employer Reviews

Sales Ambassador (Current Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 19, 2015
Loved the managers and coworkers, great friendly environment. Managers are helpful and knowledgeable and they value balancing life and work.
Depressing Place to work
Attractions Host for Wild Arctic (Current Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 11, 2015
Not a fun place. The company has gone down hill quick. Ever since Blackfish, the company is paranoid about its day to day functions and there is not hours enough to go around.
Sr Scenic Craftsperson
Sr. Scenic Artist (Current Employee), Orlando, FLDecember 14, 2014
Repairing and maintaining props, themed environments, animal habitats and theatrical elements.
NOT A GOOD JOB
SALES LEAD (Former Employee), Orlando, FlNovember 10, 2014
Get to interact with all kinds of people everyday, which is fun and amazing. Not a good place to be if you want a career and want to move up and learn.
Horrible place to work
FOOD CART ATTENDANT (Former Employee), NORTH CARTSOctober 26, 2014
YOU ARE OVERWORKED AND EXTREMELY UNDER PAID. THERES NO ROOM FOR ADVANCEMENT AND THE HOURS ARE ALMOST NON EXISTENT. THEY DON'T LIKE TO WORK AROUND YOUR SCHOOL SCHEDULE.
Productive and fun workplace where I was Able to work and site see the new things I've never seen before and meet new people from all over the world.
Cashier and Stock Room (Former Employee), Orlando, FLSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: the lunches, the benefits
My typical work day at sea world I would say was very busy. I worked at a very fast pace being that I was In a gift/souvenir shop I was kept very busy. I learned how debit/credit cards were to be authorized and how a cash register worked. My co-workers were oh so nice to me they were definitely a big help when I needed them. My hardest part of working for sea world I would say was the stocking. Sometimes if we needed something out on the floor and it wasn't in the back we would have to then figure out what we were going to put out so that what ever theme we were with those items would blend in. My most enjoyable part when working for sea world I would say was meeting and greeting new people from all over the world, And also getting to see all the different animals and attractions too.
All around great place to work
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee), Discovery Cove, Aquatica and SeaWorldAugust 13, 2014
Many once in a life time opportunities and great co-workers.
Great job
Park Operations - Seasonal (Former Employee), Orlando, FLAugust 12, 2014
Seaworld Orlando, was actually one of them fun great places to work for. Was a job you woke up happy to go to. thanks for the opportunity Seaworld
Rating depends on department
Associate (Former Employee), Orlando, FLAugust 10, 2014
Pros: cool coworkers, free admission to parks and other attractions, cool team member events, pay was solid
Cons: poor communication, lack of transparency, poor organization, non-realistic expectations, medical benefits not to par
At first glance, this is a great company and I would definitely recommend it to anyone looking to be anyone part of something big. However, that recommendation would come with a disclaimer of "be wary of the department".

The department I was in was not an "in-park" job. It seemed great from the onset but I quickly learned it was going to be a long ride. There was no transparency throughout the department, upper levels had no idea what their managers and lower level employees did, communication in the department was murky at best, and everything was entirely segmented. It is preached that everyone is "team members" but in reality you can see who is favorites and who isn't.

This was the first job in which I truly saw sexism from the top down. The upper level was very misogynistic and spoke down at some female employees beneath him (see favorites above).

Employees get along with each other for the most part, but as with any job/situation there is gossip aplenty, and there are definitely "clicks".

Could be a great job for you, could be a bummer. Unfortunately for me it was the latter.

Good luck.
Fast paced resturant.
Food Preparation Worker (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJune 25, 2014
Very busy environment. I was a Food Preparation Worker. I really enjoyed working for this company.
Great for students, bad for everyone else.
Part-time Team member Park Hostess (Current Employee), Orlando, FLMay 22, 2014
Pros: tickets to sea world bush garden and aquatica.
Cons: too many to name all, most of it on the review.
Great for students only looking to work 28 hours for that is the hour cap for ALL part timers. Very difficult to advance , little to no full time jobs for those who need it. Horrible management, no communication. The only enjoyable part of working your coworkers treat you like family which management frown upon and try there hardest to ruin that morale which makes working there very miserable. No benefits at all, tickets non withstanding. Cannot survive living and working only for 28 hours a week, cannot go over or they fire you.
Amazing workplace
Ride Operator (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMay 17, 2014
My first real job and i stood here for 4 years amazing people and upper management
Great
Games Attendant (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMay 14, 2014
it was Great eally suckedeally suckedeally suckedeally suckedeally suckedeally suckedeally suckedeally suckedeally suckedeally suckedeally suckedeally suckedeally suckedeally sucked
good
Security Officer (Former Employee), Orlando, FLApril 21, 2014
great environment and people are very friendly good place to work
loved working here
Guest Relation/Ticket Attendant (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMarch 24, 2014
ok job not much to do in the winter good coworkers great managers
Fun place to work
SPECIALES GAMES SALES CLERK (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 8, 2014
Loved working here but management was horrible.
Employees get treated horribly. You barely get a bathroom break.
But everyone is friendly and everyone gets along.

GREAT EXPERIENCE !
SeaWorld
Enviornmential (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 2, 2014
Security
1 Working security gates, overseeing guests and employee safety
2 Accident and security incident reports and Safety, Control room operator.
3 Supervisor of others
4 Setting up the MSDS program and audits of all fuels and water usage
5 seeing the end results of successful programs and frendships I made over the years
reliable
CASH CONTROL CLERK I (Former Employee), orlando, floridaOctober 30, 2013
is only and always seasonal jobs so no really room for improvement. is good for collegekids
productive workplace
Photographer (Current Employee), Orlando, FLOctober 26, 2013
Pros: acess into various theme parks
Cons: not a lot of work to do during the slow season
the value of teamwork.
learned how to operate various camera equipment
understanding guest outside the u.s. there can be a language barrier
getting onto the parks would be the most enjoyable and also meeting new people
Family fun area
❸ Food Attendant (Current Employee), OrlandoAugust 26, 2013
A typical dat at work is get area setup,cash handling.
I learn different cultures and how to handle different situations
MAnagement is okay
Most of my Co-workers are nice,many of them are college students or high school student.
HArdest part of my job is the pay
Most enjoyable part of the job is making the guest happy and providing good service

About SeaWorld Orlando

Swimming with the fishes takes on a whole new meaning at these parks. SeaWorld Entertainment is one of the US's largest theme – Read more