SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment

SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment Employer Reviews

Great Company
Corporate Sourcing Specialist (Current Employee), Orlando, FLJune 11, 2014
Great culture. Engaged senior leadership. Long term employees. Good benefits.
A memorable experience
Sales Associate/ Seasonal (Current Employee), Temple Terrace, FLJune 5, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: seasonal
A typical day at work includes using a cash register to ring up customers, assisting customers with questions, finding merchandise, and stocking merchandise. As this job was very similar to my previous one, rather than mostly learning, I have strengthen my skills in retail and in customer service.

Being able to aid customers with their questions and – more... even finding merchandise that suits their interests is one of the most rewarding parts of this job.

With an amazing staff that is very supportive and kind, I have found working here to be a very memorable experience. – less
Fast paced environment
eCommerce Sales Manager (Current Employee), Orlando, FLJune 1, 2014
Corporate environment
Fast paced
Flexible schedule
Great benefits in regards to visiting the parks and allowing friends and family into the parks to experience them
fun
BUSSER (Former Employee), OrlandoApril 23, 2014
Working at SeaWorld was an experience. Especially working in the shark tank. I never knew how sharks mate until I worked at SeaWorld.
Great job, but prospect to advance to full time status.
Guest Correspondence Specialist (Former Employee), Williamsburg, VAApril 2, 2014
Great job, but prospect to advance to full time status. No advancement potential.
Fun and Flexible hours
Team Member (Former Employee), San AntonioMarch 16, 2014
Pros: fun, friendly, decent advancement opportunities.
Cons: favoritism, small breaks, no recognition
Had a lot of fun meeting new people, everyone is easy to talk to and willing to help new employees out. Management is firm, and that's great. Advancement is always open, but there are some favoritism when applying. Long hours, small lunch breaks, and being outside in any weather condition is the only quips.
fun day at seaworld
Park Services Host/Hostess (Female Attendant) (Current Employee), Orlando, FLFebruary 27, 2014
get to visit Shamu often.
meeting new people with great guest interaction
seaworld
Park Operator (Former Employee), orlando flDecember 9, 2013
learned a lot of animals
great co workers
loved the kids
didn't like working outside
tourist enviroment with lots of entertainment
Customer service to a variety of tourist (Former Employee), Tampa, FLOctober 26, 2013
Working here I learned that the customer is the first priority. good communication and customer service skills are needed in this type of work place. dealing with a wide variety of people can be difficult at times but never to overwhelming.
Productive and great environment to work in.
Sales Merchandise Clerk (Former Employee), san diego, ├žaSeptember 5, 2013
Sea World parks and entertainment was an amazing company to work with. I learned more than just how to work in a fast pace business. Sea World makes sure employees are educated with the company how everything works as well as what employees can do to better the environment. Caring for the customers is always a priority making their experience at Sea – more... World a memorable one. Co workers were like family to me. The most enjoyable part of the job is making a customer/visitor happy with their time at Sea World. – less
Flexible work schedule with many unique coworkers
Part-Time Assistant Supervisor (Current Employee), Tampa, FLAugust 26, 2013
Offers a wide range of job opportunities for various levels of education and experience. Great company to work for.
open communication which feels like a family
Entertainer (Current Employee), Tampa, FLJuly 18, 2013
wonderful place to work! benefits are excellent, pay can be great if you stay with the company, there are opportunities for advancement, when working as an entertainer it doesn't even feel like Im going to work.
Great Company and Enviroment to work for.
Orlando Contact Center Team Leader (Current Employee), Orlando, FLJuly 13, 2013
My typical day at work consists of reveiwing agent files from the previous day and motivating or maintain a productive work enviroment for them. I make sure to do any effective coachings that need to be done. I review my agents attendance files. I am also the safety coordinator for the office which includes attending meetings at a park level every month. – more... I also oversee our vacation reservation department and oversee reservations for our parks in Orlando, Tampa, San Antonio and Longhorn Pennsylvania. I enjoy my job to the fullest. – less
Enjoyable and has many opportunities
Assistant Supervisor Guest Arrivals (Current Employee), Orlando, FloridaJune 13, 2013
I work four different areas throughout the week supervising the team members and providing world class guest service. I interact with various departments and look for ways to improve the area and processes. I work well with the team and when asked to do something they are always willing to help. The hardest part of the job would be my perfection; I – more... always want to make sure the areas are organized and clean at all times. I enjoy working with people and that makes my time go by fast. I don't manage, I ask my team to complete their tasks. – less
There is no job security. The IT department is a chaos place to work.
IT (Current Employee), Orlando, FLApril 12, 2013
Pros: good money
Cons: unfriendly environment. very hard to understand what is expected from you.
I personally feel there is a buddy system within the IT group. It is very hard to bypass that. You will be praised for your work only when your boss is your friend. New employees are unable to make good relation with boss. It is very hard to please. Moreover if you are a contractor you are in a bigger mess. There is no job security or assurance that – more... your project will get extended till the last minute. If they decide to extend your contract it will be done either on your last day or a day before your contract is extending. On your last day your badge will stop working from that morning. It is very inconvenient.
Place where you will be seated as a temporary employee is very tight. Its actually a corridor. I do not see any professionalism and any courtesy towards new employee. Its very hard to work in this type of environment.
The only good thing is the salary or compensation that you will receive plus free tickets to the theme park if you are full time employee.
Hope this helps in making your decision. – less
Productive and Fun Workplace
Day Park Quality Assistant Supervisor (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXMarch 25, 2013
Great opportunity to meet new people from all cultures. Learned how to be a better leader for a team as well as had great leadership that supported and valued you as a team member. Great team of people made the job fun and enjoyable.
Great learning environment that surrounds you with the opportunity to meet many contacts in the hospitality industry.
SeaWorld Amabassador (Current Employee), Orlando, FLOctober 19, 2012
Currently, I am employed with SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment and my position as a brand ambassador for Tourism Sales has created numerous opportunities to gather insight into theme park operations, marketing strategies, and even destination marketing. My primary focus is to visit reseller clients such as Expedia, Marriott, Hilton Grand Vacations, and – more... Westgate in order to promote attractions, ticket specials, and events for SeaWorld, Busch Gardens, Aquatica, and Discovery Cove. I also help to plan/organize promotional events, tradeshows, blitzes, and grand openings to support attractions like our newest addition, TurtleTrek. – less
Seaworld OCC Review
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Orlando, FLOctober 10, 2012
Working for Seaworld Parks and Entertainment has truly been a blessing. I Enjoyed all of my co workers as well as the job duties. The management truly valued each and everyone of their employees.
productive workplace
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJune 20, 2012
Sea World was a very energetic angst productive place to work. Learning ask aspects of human resources was a priority at the company.
The supervisors do not care about their employees
Cashier (Former Employee), Tampa, FLMay 21, 2012
Since its easy for you to be replaced i feel like they treat the employees as trash. The only perks are the discounts in all honesty.

Kaylee – May 29, 2012

I work at Busch Gardens (Williamsburg) and they are the same way here. It is horrible.