SEAWORLD SAN ANTONIO

SEAWORLD SAN ANTONIO Employee Reviews

productive
Life Guard (Former Employee), San Antonio 78227April 7, 2015
it was a fun experience as a teenager having my first job as a lifeguard, got to meet lots of cool diverse individuals. Helped me improve my communication skills and my swimming skills.
sw
Customer service (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXOctober 28, 2014
Pros: new people, good pay, benefits
Cons: management, rude guest
its a fun job you met allot of new people and experience something allot of people don't get to see everyday. learning to work in times and how to give great service to customers. i love my job my co workers were all easy to get along with expect management they didn't make the best decisions and they sometimes took advantage of you or didn't even give you breaks when you needed them because we were to busy.
A Positive Place to Work, With Good Perks...But Have a Second Job
Merchandise Photographer (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXSeptember 28, 2014
Pros: caring upper management, free visits to the park, allotted tickets, big discount, preview nights, fun quarterly meetings, check your schedule/information online, environmentally friendly, highly respects the military, affordable lunches
Cons: exposed to mother nature, only open weekends except during spring break/summer/holiday breaks from school, 6 months working 6 months off, doesn't pay much, a bit of a hike to your location
SeaWorld is a place that cares about its animals especially, the environment, and also about its team members. The HR staff, managers, and assistant managers, and even the park president, listen to your concerns and keep team members in the loop with engaging, quarterly meetings, and a daily newsletter. The park president also sets up a specific times periodically where you can specifically tell him about concerns you'd like addressed directly. Team Members also have special preview nights for particular events for themselves and their family members to enjoy before the general public gets to enjoy it. Not only that, but you get a good discount, and have an all access pass and can come and enjoy the park on your day off without cost.

Working there can be fun, but if you don't work in the restaurants or in the shops, or in the administration building, you are subject to Mother Nature's whims, as you will be working outside.The attendance is also affected by Mother Nature. If the weather is rotten, not many people will be there, and it will be a really slow day. Always carry sunblock and a water bottle. It is also slow on weekdays.

SeaWorld also HIGHLY respects the military, and when the anthem plays at 9:00 a.m. everyday, ALL team members are required to freeze, and put their hand/hats over their heart, and face the flag.

You can also log in online and check your schedule and make requests at least 2 weeks in advance, and check out all your employee information.

The hardest parts of the job are working only weekends during the season you're there (last I heard, it's 6 months – more... on, 6 months off), except during spring break, summer, and holiday vacations. You have to take a second job, or maybe even a third. You don't make much. True, you get raises each year, but only in small increments. You may also apply for an on the job trainer, assistant supervisor, supervisor, and manager. About 2/3 of the staff, maybe more, are in high school or college.

The weather during the summer can be oppressive.

The park is big, and it can be quite a hike to work from security (at least you'll get exercise), or you can wait for the shuttle.

If you take the bus, give yourself a couple hours or so to get to the security stop. If you drive, leave the house 45 minutes or more before your shift. You have to find parking, then either wait for the tram or to give yourself time to walk to your location.

Sometimes the guests can be tough to please and can be quite rude, especially on holidays. – less
Non Productive mostly sitting around .
SHOW OPERATOR II (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJuly 20, 2014
Learned a good deal about show production and having hands on experience. During the weekdays i would work with tech services and most of the time i didn't learn anything, sitting around a lot, management kept not being on top of things.
Great organization to collect job experiance (customer experiance)
Park Operations Host (Stadiums) (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJuly 1, 2014
Pros: free park rides and games
Cons: seasonal job
I learned a lot from this organization. It was my third job and I would say I learned the most from it. It quickly can break any fears if you have a fear of talking to people. Overall great job :)
dangerous
electrician (Former Employee), San AntonioJune 22, 2014
Pros: great coworkers
Cons: dangerous, no material, benefits, mgnt
Management is more interested in saving money than the safety of its employees. On a regular basis they will instruct tradesman to install against code and with out the proper material. As a new hire you will hear how safety conscience this company is. But it is totally different once you start working and get settled in your job. If you do work for this company don't be afraid to speak up if you have a safety concern. Go straight to HR. And have a back up plan for employment. Remember your license and integrity are on the line. Good luck. You're gonna need it.
Guest Relations
Guest relations (Former Employee), San Antonio TxMarch 27, 2014
Pros: discounts of lunches good
Cons: dont remembr breaks took them with no problems
I haved worker here before at the Guest Relations department, I have taken the abuse from the customers But the not the Managenment, I loved it and tryin to go back I love the whole enviroment its fun, Any job you will not get rich at it, it s extra spending money.yhats How I see it

I worked pn Mach 2006 thru December 2006
Pay isn't good.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), San AntonioFebruary 6, 2014
For the work you do you don't get payed alot of money. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with marine life.
over worked and under paid
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJuly 17, 2013
Cons: you always out in the sun with no shade
If your looking to work at Sea World stay away from the wear house they don't care if your a min late or if your kid is sick you will have a write up for everything. Management treats you worse then dirt.
Productive and good place to work
Assistant Store Supervisor (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXAugust 25, 2012
I've learned a lot through all of my managers over the years. A typical day is opening stock in the stock room and putting it on the floor as well as staying on the sales floor to assign my employees register bags and provide customer service to all of our guests.
food hostess, knew how to sekl merchandises
Culinary Department Hostess (Seasonal) (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJuly 17, 2012
I had lots of fun with coworkers and the employer were nice. Everything was fun and you can go in the park for free

SEAWORLD SAN ANTONIO Salaries