SeaWorld San Diego

SeaWorld San Diego Employer Reviews

Okay place to work
Educator I (Current Employee), San Diego, CANovember 13, 2014
Okay place to work, fun environment but no company direction
great work environment
Hostess (Former Employee), San Diego, CASeptember 8, 2014
I enjoyed working at SeaWorld it was a very enjoyable environment got along with my coworkers and management team they made sure we were set and ready to work always help out
Productive work place, great for a summer job
Games Attendant (Former Employee), San Diego, CASeptember 6, 2014
Pros: great pay for a first job, discounts in park and on movie tickets and other park tickets
Cons: mostly seasonal positions
A typical day of work consisted of opening up the games areas, filling up the balls, bins and other areas that needed to be refiled. Taking inventory of stock, and sweeping area to ensure cleanliness. I learned how to work with different people everyday and with a vast amount of different personalities from the guests to my co-workers. I learned how to stay calm in stressful situations and how to be quick on my feet. Management was great, they always took care of the employees and made us feel like they cared and were listening to our concerns. My co-workers were also great, lots of fun and great people to work with. The hardest part of the job was trying to make sure that people knew the rules and to keep guests from becoming upset when they didn't win. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people of a daily basis and being able to create a memorable visit for them.
Favortisim at work, no ability to advance
Rides Operator (Former Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 14, 2014
Pros: good hours
Cons: short breaks, no free lunches
Long day with a little bit of rest, Not a lot of leaning going on and most of the time you get no help when you need it. Co-workers are fine very one get along sometimes and people help each other when they have to but not always. Hardest part about the job is the times that they give you they don't like to work around the schedules that you give them when your in school or have asked for time off. The most enjoyable part of the job was the friends that I made.
Fast pace, and outgoing workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJune 9, 2014
It was a great job from the people to the environment. Everyone got along with each other and we did everything as a team.
Productive and fun workplace.
Customer Service (Current Employee), San Diego, CAApril 23, 2014
On a normal day I see roughly around 500 guest and its wonderful. I enjoy talking to and helping people find whatever they may need. On an eight hour shift my job could vary between being on the register or in the back making churros and or popcorn. All my co-workers and leads are awesome, they are the type of people who strive for something better.
Great Co-Workers, Bad Managment
Server (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZMarch 18, 2014
I only stayed so long at this job because I became good friends with my coworkers. We all put up with the management but it made work a hassle everyday. Luckily, I think the previous GM that I worked with has left the establishment.
Poor
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee), San Diego, CANovember 25, 2013
Cons: all
How can you enjoy your work when you dont get any hours you cant live with that, also other people get promoted who have no experience no qualifications but one that is qualified that is capable of doing the job get left behind seaworld has favorites doesnt promote competent people i use to love my job now coming in is unbearable if things would change i would learned to enjoy it again but i dont see that happening its getting worse and worse everyday and its sad really so in short seaworld is a poor job.
I actually didn't mind coming in to work on days off or in general, overall.
Crew Operations/ Theatre Tech III (Current Employee), San Diego, CAOctober 21, 2013
The company speaks for itself in Entertainment Excellence.
good first job
Security Ambassador Asst. Lead (Former Employee), San Diego, CAOctober 5, 2013
Pros: free tickets
Cons: politics
nice first job to work. you get to meet people all over. great start out pay for security i would not want to work anywhere else other than security.
Good benefits, room to advance, lots of experience with customer service
Park Hostess (Current Employee), San Diego, CASeptember 17, 2013
Pros: free entry into seaworld for myself and family and friends, cheap lunches, friendly people, raffles and prize giveaways, close to where i live
Cons: pay, short breaks, uniforms, sometimes you don't feel appreciated, unpredictable weather conditions
I love working at SeaWorld but I currently I would like to get more experience in the field I am studying, such as working with children in foster care and schools. A typical day for me at work is go to a stadium and I greet guests for the show, make sure that people are safe and after the show we would clean. The people I work with are a great group of people and we have fun but are also able to get the job done. Although the park is quite busy we often don't see upper management and sometimes I feel like they may not see all the hard work we put into our job. The hardest part about my job is dealing with guests who are unhappy. Since working here I have developed new and better communication skills with unhappy guests and overall I am able to help them with the problems or concerns they may have. The most enjoyable part of my job is making sure our guests at SeaWorld are having an amazing time and helping them out in any way that I can, guest service is a huge part of working there.
Fun workplace, ideal for a beginning job.
Sales Clerk (Former Employee), San Diego, CASeptember 12, 2013
It was a fun environment that allowed interaction with different type of people. Pay was descent, although there is not much room for advancement and the managerial team is not the best.
High energy place with tons of sun
Ride Operator (Current Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 25, 2013
I go in check in with the ride I am at, see what part of the ride a half to relieve and staff. Then answer guest questions and or measure guests or maintain cleanliness or oversee ride and the sending of it depending on which position I am at. Continually entertain guests while keeping the ride safe under seaworld guide lines. Have knowledge of park and of San Diego for tourists.

Hardest part is keeping track of all safety procedures while working and speaking with crowds of people.

Co-workers are mixed, mostly high energy and social.
Great job for students. Flexible hours. No benefits unless upper management. Nearly impossible to obtain management position.
Ride Operator Lead (Former Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 19, 2013
Fast paced work environment dealing with many guests.
Guest Arrival Assistant Supervisor (Current Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 14, 2013
A typical day consists of managing the entry process into SeaWorld, which requires a variety of skills, specifically high levels of communication, the ability to be flexible and highly reactive based on a variety of factors.
Productive work environment with High energy and a bunch of happy customers on Vacation.
Culinary Operations Hostess (Former Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 5, 2013
Pros: free lunch, cute animals, celebrity sitings, worked near the beach
Cons: i sometimes had to stand out in the hot sun and i would get a farmers tan from the uniform
A Typical day at work is pretty exciting, there's always something new, either a celebrity comes at our restaurant to eat or something goes wrong like a seagull steals a kids churro out of his hands. Everyday I worked with completely different employees and I learned that can be really fun and I learned how to build rapport. The hardest part of the job was one day all the employees had to come in to test the new roller coaster, Manta, when it first opened I was really scared because we were the guinea pigs, but then I got over it. The most enjoyable part of the job was the Candy, ice cream, kettle corn and hot chocolate during Christmas.
Fun place to work
Business Analyst (Current Employee), San Diego, CAMay 24, 2013
Sea World is a great place to work if you are just staring in the workforce and still going to school or if you are an experienced professional. I would highly recommend it.
Seaworld
Assistant Supervisor (Current Employee), San Diego, CADecember 12, 2012
Great place to work hard to move up. Loved working closly with guest and team members. Love the benifits Seaworld gives you regarding tickets
Professional and fun work environment
Beverage Host (Former Employee), San Diego, CAOctober 18, 2012
Served the guests with a positive attitude in a great environment. Time management skills were necessary to complete tasks along with good communication among supervisors and coworkers. Overall a great place to work with mostly happy people enjoying their day.
Shady at times
Beverage Host (Current Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 28, 2012
On the whole working at SeaWorld is great. However there are times when I have been forced to go five and a half hours being allowed a break. I wouldn't say anything if it only happened once, but in reality it happens almost every week.

About SeaWorld San Diego

About SeaWorld San Diego Swimming with the fishes takes on a whole new meaning at these parks. SeaWorld Entertainment is one – Read more