SeaWorld San Diego Employee Reviews

Fast-paced, stressful, but great people to work with
SeaWorld and Aquatica Human Resources Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 25, 2017
I love all my team members but I dont feel like i get paid enough for all the work I do. I am very proficient at my job and i dont feel like i get enough credit
Pros
free tickets and flexible with schedule
Cons
inefficient and poor communication
Don't do it to yourself
Merchandise Photo Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA 92109November 20, 2017
When I first started working here two years ago it was amazing. I loved it and the company was busy so we always had things to do to help pass the time. After two years the company is on a downhill slope that I don't know if they'll be able to recover from. They focus too much time on making money than anything else. They make cuts that are unnecessary and make you do jobs outside your job title without the raise.
Pros
Good cafe food, discount
Cons
Slow, rude people, stressful, low hours
I made a whole new family here
Assistant Supervisor - Park Operations (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 22, 2017
I truly enjoyed my time at SeaWorld, mostly for my coworkers. The days could be long, stressful, and unforgiving (mostly referring to our busy seasons) but the people I worked with made it a joy to come to work every day. The place gets a bad rap but the people who work here are truly wonderful.

I had some issues with management (overly nitpicky, very snarky over the walkies) but it wasn't mad enough to deter me from working there. If anything it kept us on our toes!
Pros
Gratifying, great employees, generous breaks, high energy
Cons
Off season has very few hours, micromanagement
Excellent!
Medical Technologist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 19, 2017
This was one of the best jobs I ever had, Everyday was something different. Getting to work with all these animals was the best part of the job. It was a wonderful adventure. I cant wait to be a part of the team again one day!
They fire people
Merchandise Photographee (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 17, 2017
They fired a couple of friends of mine because of their disability and because they didn't like how their employees communicated with them. They dont care about their employees.
Pros
Long lunches
Cons
Short breaks
fun place to work
Park Operations Ambassador (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 3, 2017
I enjoy the 4 years I worked at Seaworld. the only reason I left was cause I had to relocate to Tennessee. Great working environment and fellow workers were awesome.
Pros
lots of free time
Cons
no healthcare
Just a high school job
Photo Merchandise Supervisor (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 25, 2017
SeaWorld is a fine place to work while you are in high school or college. After that it is time to move on. The culture is very immature and petty. There is little room for advancement as full time positions rarely open.
fun
STADIUM SALES CLERK III (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 15, 2017
very fun place to take your kids or hangout with friends
the foods are very good
staffs are friendly
the job duties are hard because youve to lift of to 50 ibs
Pros
huge discounts
Cons
lots of walking
Productive fun work place
Guest Service Ambassador (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 6, 2017
My first summer job as seasonal ambassador was great! Met new people and some from grade school. Enjoyed and learned a lot. Team leads are great leaders very responsive
Pros
Free complimentary tickets
Cons
Work 1 weekend day
Great first job for high school students
CULINARILY CARTS OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 3, 2017
This is a perfect starter job for individuals that love animals and a beginners employment environment. I personally prefer a position where there is more opportunity for growth.
Diverse Workplace
Photographer, Retail (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 12, 2017
Did not particularly care for the job, as I had many problems with management and availability, they were not flexible with my schedule as they said they would be, with me attending school at the same time as showing up to work.
Fun, but hours are very limited
Assistant Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CaAugust 8, 2017
Always the same routines, just new guests each day. Consistent policy and scheduling, good and constant guest flow
Learned more management skills in regards to large scale guest service and large inventory demands
Management was solid. Knew what they wanted and needed. Always practiced what they preached.
Culture was always fun and light spirited, but urgency was always the focus.
Hardest part was the fluctuating hours, and the slow time hours dropping way under part time hours in a pay period. Not much room to move up the ladder.
It was always great to take a lunch and hop on a ride, or go to a show or attraction.
Pros
Free entry and discounts
Cons
Limited hours/mobility
It's my favorite job
Team Member/Cashier (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 7, 2017
I love this job ! It was one of my first jobs and I loved it so much I came back 2 years later. Everyone is friendly and I never have any problems here . And the employee food is amazing!!
I've made the best of friends here.
Assistant Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Shamu VendingAugust 3, 2017
I've been working at SeaWorld for two years now and I obviously enjoy it a lot. I've made life long friends and learned life long skills. Being in vending is the best. Everyone in our department gets a long. We have the best Sups and leads there hands down. As a lead, there is a lot of physical work but nothing that can't be done. I enjoy my job because of all of the people there.
good environment, somewhat hard work
Vendor (Former Employee) –  SeaWorld San Diego, CAJuly 13, 2017
Free tickets and over minimum wage are definitely good parts of this job. the environment is fun and relaxed and the supervisors are great. I only didnt like the cotton candy factory and being sore from carrying heavy food trays.
Pros
Free tickets, good lunches, positive environment
Cons
Carry heavy food trays up stairs, soreness
The work itself I enjoy and interacting with the guests.
Gardener and Irrigator (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 1, 2017
The corporate decisions don't make much sense for the future or even the current situations at Seaworld. They definitely care about the animals and not the people.
Pros
Flexibility and the atmosphere of being at Seaworld
Cons
Management, Bureaucracy, and pay
great job
Culinary Operations Purchaser (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 30, 2017
Great company to work for and the way they treat there staff is just as great. A great way to treat the animals and a way to connect with people and families
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short work hours in the off season
Productive and fun place to work
Park quality (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 30, 2017
When i was employed at sea world it was really fun always learning new things about animals and the park it self employees were awsome always helping out
Productive and fun work place
Server (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 23, 2017
Very fun people, fast pace, good management . Very loving people that are around you . Take care of the work place and environment very well. Everyone works together and managers mange very well
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Labor
Fast-paced structured area
Hostess (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 19, 2017
Meeting new people everyday. Management didn't handle things well, but good coworkers and good pay. Perfect break times and great break areas to lounge in.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SeaWorld San Diego. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2