SeaWorld San Diego Employee Reviews

Good for a first job
Culinary Vendor (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 13, 2017
Working at SeaWorld was my first job so I wasn't sure what to expect. Working there definitely made me want more for myself. It was cool as a first job but I wouldn't make it a career working in the field that I did.
Coworkers play a big role
Assistant Supervisor (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CA 92109December 9, 2016
Honestly if I didn't work with the people I did, I probably would have left a lot sooner. Management isn't the best, but with the right coworkers and supervisor you can find enjoyment in your job.
Great place for someone with little to no experience to start.
Park Operations (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 9, 2016
Working as a park host was a great experience as my first job. From the start I was given full time hours during the summer and holiday season. All workers are rewarded with complementary tickets to Sea World and the San Diego Zoo. The people that work here are very organized and friendly.
Pros
Free tickets to the park, discounted memberships
Cons
Long work hours
Amazing people and overall joy to work at
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 27, 2015
I love coming into work whenever i am scheduled and having a good day. I could be in one of the worst moods and my co workers and the guests around me will brighten my day and make me feel better. I also enjoy helping people with things and what they need and that is what this job is all about!
Pros
co workers, the guests, free tickets
Cons
no healthcare coverage or benefits
Great
Safety Representative (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 3, 2016
Great Work environment, friendly employees, amazing atmosphere for someone to work in. I have enjoyed my time at Seaworld but I wish to pursue my goals as a firefighter and move on in my career. I don't know what else to tell you. You have yet to let me make an account until I write more which for that I have no clue what your wishes are.
Cons
Fun place to work always see something new
Toll's Clerk/Janitorial duty (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 19, 2016
A typical work day at seaworld consisted of going to my booth and taking money for people to park. Management was very lenient and it was very enjoyable to work there.
Great place to improve customer service and experience a lot of new things
Team Member (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 20, 2016
It's a great place to see a lot of different things and talk to guests and make people's much more better and making them feel welcomed
Pros
Free lunch, complementary tickets
Cons
Short breaks, not enough hours
Activties
Cafe Server (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 9, 2016
Co-Workers was always fun to be around. Hardest part working there was it was to far from where I lived. The most enjoyable part of the job was I can always bring food home
seaworld sd
Customer Service/Ticket Sales (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 28, 2016
SeaWorld was a great starter job and was always willing to work with me and my schedule as needed. great pay great hours and amazing staff/team members to work with.
Wonderful place to visit
Park quality (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 6, 2016
Love working here meeting new people from different cultures and backgrounds.
My typical day herected for me is keeping the park clean for guess makes sure there taking care of when theres a problem or they need assistance getting somewhere in the park
Great Starting Place
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 18, 2015
Seaworld is a great place to get experience for those who have none. From various departments one can move up (pending on the success of the company), one can jump to other departments closer to their field in the company, or move on to those not in the company.

Part-time benefits are minimal. Full-time benefits are substantial. A majority of mid-level management are reasonable. Senior level is a notch down as you will encounter those who have worked their way up through seniority with no education.
Fun Place to Work
Seasonal Merchandise Photographer (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 17, 2012
My typical day at work is just taking photos of guests. That's the constant in everything I do, except clerking. I've learned to interact with guests in positive environments and to handle problems when guests aren't always the happiest. The management is broken down into 3 tiers: Assistant Supervisors, Supervisors and Managers. It's not very hard to get into an AS position and it gets your foot through the door.
Pros
seasonal employees get a lot of benefits, long breaks and long lunches, free tickets are included after a 30 day period!, management is really good about giving requested time off.
Cons
heat! overhiring! not enough hours and it's almost impossble to get full time.
Fun Worrkplace
Beverage Host (Former Employee) –  SeaWorld San Diego, CASeptember 21, 2016
Learned how to cook and serve a beverage properly. Made many new friends there and without my co-workers I wouldn't have enjoyed my time there =.
Very Productive Workplace
Light cleaning, and retail/sales duties (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 13, 2016
I loved the constant high paced work and experience of SeaWorld San Diego. Even for a seasonal position, learning the trade was fun. My coworkers where amazing and made the day a great experience. The best part was meeting with many different people from all over the world. The hardest part was the constant standing.
Great job for students. Flexible hours. No benefits unless upper management. Nearly impossible to obtain management position.
Ride Operator Lead (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 19, 2013
fun
Assistant supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 19, 2016
amazing place to work, always meet new fun people, a typical day at work is busy and fun. It is never boring and always fun. the hardest part of the job is not getting enough hours
Seaworld
Assistant Supervisor (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 12, 2012
Great place to work hard to move up. Loved working closly with guest and team members. Love the benifits Seaworld gives you regarding tickets
Fun Place to Work if you like high school
Guest Services (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 9, 2016
Good company, many workers are still high school orientated hours aren't so flexible, some leads think that they can do whatever any no repercussions are to be taken towards themselves,
Parks Ops not every day is the same.
Park Operations Host (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 1, 2016
Being in Seaworld and working park ops, was an adventure. Some days I work janitorial, patios, or trash/sweeper. Not any two days were the same a lot of variety and varies busy work, a avery fun environment.
productive and exciting work place
Ride Operator (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA 92109March 22, 2016
workers are friendly and you get really close since it isn't a big store and you end up doing more then what you were hired for.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SeaWorld San Diego. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2