SeaWorld Employee Reviews

Found 1,157 reviews matching the search
Fun Place
Guest Services Lead (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 16, 2017
One of the funnest and challenging jobs I had. Would love to see them up the wages for park staff. It was awesome when AB owened them after other companies bought it has become more about making money than a family atmosphere.
Great work space
Assistant Supervisor (Stadiums) (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 16, 2017
Helpful teammates and pretty nice scenery always kept hydrated through the blazing summers, have great outfits for the winter also kept employees fed even if they didnt have enough money
Pros
fun workplace
Cons
schedule is sometimes in the middle of the day
Awesome Place
Educator III (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 15, 2017
SeaWorld is an awesome employer and treats their employees well. All the people are really nice and its a great place to go everyday. I would highly recommend it to anyone and would return if the chance is given
work conditions
Ride Operator (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 15, 2017
A typical day at SeaWorld consisted of large crowds of people who are challenging to work with. Working out doors in sever weather conditions can affect your work performance. By working at sea world I learned to have more patience, to work a cash register,the meaning of team building and to work in a fast pace environment.
Pros
free tickets
Cons
payrate and weather conditions
fun and very challenging work place
Food server (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 14, 2017
it is exciting to go to work everyday , meet a lot of people with different expressions , love to see kids playing around. I learned a lot in working at seaworld, from a very shy person i managed to be more confident. for me there is no hardest part of my job because i enjoy what im doing.
Pros
free lunch, free entrance in some of the theme parks
Cons
none.
Very Busy
Assistant Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 12, 2017
Busy theme park atmosphere. Almost always standing up, management can be terrible depending on where you are working. Great benefits though with free admission to the parks.
Fun atmosphere
Ride Operator (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 11, 2017
Seasonal jobs in the holiday are the best. Very fast paced job doesn't matter where you are gonna be located at. They have a variety of positions available as well as growth opportunities.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
No lunch pay
Fun workplace
Hostess (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 10, 2017
I had a great time working here, it's was the best first job that I could have. Coworkers were very nice and supervisors. It was a great experience working for them.
Nice first job.
Team Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 10, 2017
Very generous during the hiring process this company really does give everyone an equal opportunity. As far as the work, management and pay, I disagree with.
Dream job
Husbandry Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 10, 2017
Sea world gives you the opportunity to work with many different animals and connect guests to animals and help them learn about them and fall in love. We love what we do because we love our animals.
Pros
Animals
Cons
Work holidays and weekens
Rewarding with limited benefits
Husbandry Assistant (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 9, 2017
Everyday I start my shift at 4am and prepare the daily food for the marine mammals in the park. Once the food is prepped I load the buckets and deliver them to the mammal areas and stadiums. After deliveries I clean the prep area then proceed to assist in any rescued manatee procedures. My day is usually fast paced and very physical, lifting around 3000 pounds multiple times in different ways. I have learned how to tube manatee for fluids and meds and give injections. Recently the zoological department has undergone restructuring and everyone has been forced into roles that might be difficult to adjust to. The hardest part of the job would be the hours. I'm only part time so I only work 28 hours with no benefits. The shift time is also hard. Waking up at 3 is never fun. The most enjoyable would be the feeling of what I'm doing is making a difference. I mainly work with rescued and sick manatees with the hope of one day all of them getting released back into the wild. It's hard work but very rewarding in the end.
Pros
Feeling like I'm making a difference helping these animals
Cons
no benefits/part time, no opportunities for career development
Good atmosphere
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 8, 2017
Being a retired veteran Seaworld was the first place to hire me. The manger is a great guy who goes out of his way to help his teams. I really enjoy my time at Seaworld.
Pros
Free tickets and 30% discount when you visit the parks.
Cons
No dental benifits.
Awesome place to work if you don't mind the 100+ degree weather.
ASSISTANT SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  san antonioAugust 7, 2017
Super hot if you work outside, so be prepared to get a few shades darker. Also the environment is always fast paced, during the summer there is so much people that there's always something to do. Management is okay, they don't really interact with you, just boss you around. Employees are mostly teenagers.
Pros
Discount on food, 30% employee discount, free entrance to park, free tickets for your family
Cons
Hot weather, working with teenagers
Does not deserve one star
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 7, 2017
No room for advancement, upper management has no idea what "digital" or "innovation" even means-they are very journalism mindset. Not digital-first. Benefits? Only benefit is getting to go to the park for lunch. Still gotta pay for it though.
best people you will ever meet!
Camp Counselor (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 6, 2017
Working at SeaWorld has been the best experience of my life. I have gained lifelong friends and a vast expanse of experience. Working at a company that is fully dedicated to helping our worlds oceans is something I will cherish forever.
Love the company, difficult to move hp
Zoo Ops (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 6, 2017
I worked in Zoo Ops in an entry level position, and loved that I got to work around animals all day. The only thing that ever bothered me that advancing my career from the position was almost impossible. Other than that it's a great company to work for in a great environment.
Pros
Good employee discount, lots of comp tickets, tuition help
Cons
Difficult to move up
my first job working in the united state
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Sea World, FLAugust 5, 2017
fun, crazy and busy all the times. i love working there the break hours are not that much and sometimes you have to work more than the hours that you are schedule because of the busy and most of the employees are students or old people so they either have class or sick. so usually like me since that my only job they always call me or ask me to stay until closing..
Pros
good food in the Park
Cons
but short breaks
seaworl
Ride Attendant/Operator (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 4, 2017
During my seasonal work at seaworld of orlando i learned a lot. Team work and fun were always a number one priority when working with fellow employees. when it comes to guest we always have to put a smile on our face and put a smile on theirs to.
Not Bad
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 4, 2017
I enjoyed my time at Sea World. I was asked to stay on but only part time. I would of stayed but needed more hours. An average work day was building orders and palletizing for delivery. We would deliver pallets and break down certain pallets to put in freezer and things that needed to be refrigerated. Clean warehouse, make sure all freezers and refrigerators were clean and in proper order.
Pros
free lunch, free tickets, work uniforms
Cons
no benifets, seasonal
It's was hard work worth the pay
Merchandise Associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 4, 2017
I'd say be prepared to work in the heat at a constant paste they dont let up on you . But the pay make it worth it for most at least there big on safety so expect that.
Pros
Free water, and energy drinks
Cons
Not breaks if your part time, and you in the heat