SeaWorld Employee Reviews in United States

Interesting
Park Operations (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 15, 2016
It was an interesting job experience. you can only work 28 hours part time max so they can avoid healthcare. but they are willing to work with you as an employee.
A fun place to work if you enjoy animals
Culinary warehouse (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 9, 2016
A regular day at work would be unloading delivery truck stocking the cuinary overstock by the dates they arrived. i would also load delivery truck with pallets and deliver them to different parts of the park.

while working at seaworld i learned alot about food and animals.

management was great very helpful and understanding.

workining at Seaworld i was blessed be assigned to work with very helpful co-workers.

The hardest part of the job would be getting through the park with a load of freight, too many people
The most enjoyable part of the job would be full access to the park and free passes for family.
Pros
free lunches and drinks and all access to the park
Cons
A lot of traffic on the way back home and it was only seasonal.
Productive, Fast Paced and Fun
Culinary Hostess (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 9, 2016
Sea world was a great job for me because it challenged me in very stressful situations to remain calm and not let my emotions consume me. Sea World is a great opportunity to test your skills and grow as an individual in the work force and outside the work force.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Short Breaks
Unorganized, inconsistent
Assistant Supervisor, Operations (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 7, 2016
Disciplinary actions, employee training very unorganized and inconsistent. Frequently was affected negatively by an inappriopriate relationship between my Manager and one of my co-Assistant Supervisors.
Fun place to work
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 6, 2016
I worked at Aquatica and I absolutely love it there. It was my first job and honestly over the past year I felt like it was my home. You could easily move up in the company if you wanted to. Everyone is so friendly. All the "leads" and supervisors. I highly recommend it. It's an awesome job.
Pros
Free/ discounted tickets
Cons
some guest like the argue
Fun, but not approachable...
Merchandise Vender (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 4, 2016
I am a seasonal employee at SeaWorld and I love working here, but after my season is up I have to wait another three months to apply again and the only jobs I can apply to while still with the company are full-time which are few and far between making it hard to move forward within the company. The head honchos are extremely caring, anytime anything happens in the community they send out letters letting everyone know what is going on and what they are going to do to help.
Pros
Free and Discount Tickets
Cons
Florida Heat!
fun, energy driven, fast paced
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 1, 2016
working at Seaworld was a joy, the people were nice, the workers are very friendly. I learned how to accomplish a goal in a timely manner especially in the main gift shop where the sales floor had to be cleaned and restocked before a certain time every night. the management was outstanding they take good care of employees. the hardest part was having to leave the floor to try and find an item for guest and the most enjoyable part would just be the overall environment, its peaceful.
Pretty good company
Guest Correspondence Sr. coordinator (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 30, 2016
I enjoyed most of my time working for Seaworld. I worked in the cooperate office as a call center rep for three months. Then, I got a promotion which was great. I was pregnant during my time at Seaworld. Only negative is it's extremely hard to get a FT position which allows full benefits. They purposely don't offer them which is ridiculous. I had 6 weeks of maternity leave. Unpaid.
Pros
Free tickets, promotions
Cons
No FT opportunities to get full benefits
Productive work place
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 28, 2016
Great place to work for. Very fun especially if u like to meet new people,especially people from all around the world.managenent team is awsome always willing to work with you no matter what situation.they show you a d help u a lot in training.
Pros
Free entrance to sea world, aquatica, & bush garden
Retail sale associate, dealing with customers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 27, 2016
Be aware of the customer requirements and try to satisfy the client,
Deal with money when customers had to check out.
Cash out at the end of the day
Pros
Good environment to work in
Cons
In general, it was good working for them
productive and fun working place to work
Guest Services Representative (Former Employee) –  10500 sea world Dr.July 26, 2016
the job was more mentally demanding than most, but the team was incredibly fun to work with. the only bad part of the job was the people that yelled at guest services
Was fun While it lasted.
Electronic Systems Technician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 26, 2016
Management is what pushed me away from this job. My coworkers were amazing and I was lucky to get the opportunity to interact with some amazing animals. Towards the end of my career with this company management took a dive and work became more of a burden. Once I started having more bad days at work than good ones it was time to leave.
one of the best places to work
Internship (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 25, 2016
i loved my internship ant seaworld. i learn allot about the field of work i want to to start a career in. the people i got to work under were very passonate about what they do.
love working at theme parks
Cook (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 20, 2016
it was a good job after high school. great company I'm a huge fan of theme parks, fun work environment, stress free and a lot of interaction with people.
Productive work envrionment and very friendly workers.
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 18, 2016
worked on cashiers
served ice-cream to many customers
heavy cash handling
management was always on top of what needed to be done
work environment was always clean and presentable
My first positon but loyal commitment
MERCHANDISE SALES CLERK (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 17, 2016
I have learned so much within this position working for Seaworld for 6 years, I have learned customer service experience, how to be proficient in cash handling, being able to multi-task on a daily, as well as mend the area being in charge as the supervisor or assistant supervisor needing to step away from the area. It is a great start to my profession I can honestly say that It has helped and benefited my work experience for the better.
Life
Lifeguard/ Intern (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 16, 2016
I think that it was amazing to work for the school I studied at and it gave me insight into different aspects of the school as a whole
Park Ops
Seasonal Team Member (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 16, 2016
Seasonal team member: it was a great place to experience the amusement park world. It is a great way to make some money and enjoy the summer.
Pros
great environment
Cons
seasonal
Great Company
Merchandise Assistant (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 15, 2016
I think that that the outlook for seaworld is promising. Yes, Blackfish hurt their attendance but, I think that they will turn it around .
Employee-Oriented Company
Assistant Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Photo MerchandiseJuly 12, 2016
My typical day at work consists of managing a team of photographers and sales clerks. I begin with scheduling and opening procedures and maintain a proficient and safe work environment for my employees throughout their shift and the day.

I enjoy the responsibility of managing a small team and the challenges I'm presented with daily. I am a problem-solver and very results-oriented.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SeaWorld. Our community is ready to answer.