SeaWorld Employee Reviews

Great management, Bad team members
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 26, 2016
I have some of the roughest days at sea world when I come in and half of the work that should have been done is not complete, because my team members knew I was going to come in, and they would just have me do it. I would ask them to do a task, but most of them would say no because they didn't feel like doing anything.
Pros
Free lunch, free tickets, great starting pay, and crazy discounts, plus free admission to any sea world park and Universal.
Cons
The interview process might have to just change to fix the bad team member situation.
A good first job.
Food Service Attendant (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 6, 2016
Your day at SeaWorld first off is interaction with guest and you WILL be asked a million questions and please know what you are talking about. It can be overwhelming on our busy days but it's either you love it or hate the busy rush. The employees you come in contact with are friendly. Some of the leadership can be very helpful and nice to you in your first couple weeks. But you will run into some of those co-workers who just don't care, which can be very frustrating. The best thing about the job for me was getting out of my shy zone and was able to communicate with guest in a strong, professional and confident way.
Pros
Free lunch, meet cool new people, satisfying guest
Cons
unorganized, rude guest, limited to only 28 hours a wekk
Fun, but not approachable...
Merchandise Vender (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 4, 2016
I am a seasonal employee at SeaWorld and I love working here, but after my season is up I have to wait another three months to apply again and the only jobs I can apply to while still with the company are full-time which are few and far between making it hard to move forward within the company. The head honchos are extremely caring, anytime anything happens in the community they send out letters letting everyone know what is going on and what they are going to do to help.
Pros
Free and Discount Tickets
Cons
Florida Heat!
fun, energy driven, fast paced
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 1, 2016
working at Seaworld was a joy, the people were nice, the workers are very friendly. I learned how to accomplish a goal in a timely manner especially in the main gift shop where the sales floor had to be cleaned and restocked before a certain time every night. the management was outstanding they take good care of employees. the hardest part was having to leave the floor to try and find an item for guest and the most enjoyable part would just be the overall environment, its peaceful.
Interesting and eventful days
Assistant Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 31, 2016
There was never a dull moment working at SeaWorld. Everyday brought a new experience and a new event to talk and reminisce about. At the end of the day, no matter what happened, big or small, good or bad, there was always a lesson to be learned. There were always great people to talk to and exciting things to do.
Pros
Free lunches, free tickets, great people, fun activities
Cons
Benefits only for full time employees
Pretty good company
Guest Correspondence Sr. coordinator (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 30, 2016
I enjoyed most of my time working for Seaworld. I worked in the cooperate office as a call center rep for three months. Then, I got a promotion which was great. I was pregnant during my time at Seaworld. Only negative is it's extremely hard to get a FT position which allows full benefits. They purposely don't offer them which is ridiculous. I had 6 weeks of maternity leave. Unpaid.
Pros
Free tickets, promotions
Cons
No FT opportunities to get full benefits
A fun place to work if you enjoy animals
Culinary warehouse (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 9, 2016
A regular day at work would be unloading delivery truck stocking the cuinary overstock by the dates they arrived. i would also load delivery truck with pallets and deliver them to different parts of the park.

while working at seaworld i learned alot about food and animals.

management was great very helpful and understanding.

workining at Seaworld i was blessed be assigned to work with very helpful co-workers.

The hardest part of the job would be getting through the park with a load of freight, too many people
The most enjoyable part of the job would be full access to the park and free passes for family.
Pros
free lunches and drinks and all access to the park
Cons
A lot of traffic on the way back home and it was only seasonal.
My first positon but loyal commitment
MERCHANDISE SALES CLERK (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 17, 2016
I have learned so much within this position working for Seaworld for 6 years, I have learned customer service experience, how to be proficient in cash handling, being able to multi-task on a daily, as well as mend the area being in charge as the supervisor or assistant supervisor needing to step away from the area. It is a great start to my profession I can honestly say that It has helped and benefited my work experience for the better.
productive in fun for family oriented environment
CULINARY COOK/CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 22, 2016
the company has been around and growing for several years you cant go wrong by choosing this area of interest. the family would love to ride the rollercoasters as well as hang out with others I think that it is always a pleasure to visit.
Pros
its best to purchase the all day dininig it is well used
Cons
take plenty of water breaks and stay hydrated
Pretty fun experience
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 1, 2016
Typical day at SeaWorld was trying not to give under the unforgiving Texas heat. Ha ha, but on a serious note, a day's work entailed restocking the goods I was selling either on my canoe of ice, or kart. We were able to exemplify the product by playing with the tourists, and children! It was so much fun! We were on the clock, but playing with our guests! I learned that physical labour can be trying on your patience when dealing with others who refuse to help you, but the team was still marvelous.
Playing while being paid was awesome, the fun coworkers were cool, and the managers were just as awesome.
Boring but very interesting.
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 29, 2016
The only reason why I took this job was just make a little extra cash and plus my friend talked me into it. Overall i didn't really like working there, but the people i've worked with there was an amazing group of individuals. The management was fairly decent. The hardest part of being a lifeguard there was how boring it was, which was a good thing. However the most enjoyable part of working there was meeting new people and thats how i met a couple of my ex's.
Pros
meet new people and fun working with my friends.
Cons
short breaks, dull and boring.
Seaworld
Seasonal Theater Tech III (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 2, 2016
Seaworld San Diego is a great place to work. The people are great, you receive free tickets to the park. The enviroment is clean and the cafeteria has good food. However, it's very hard to get a permanent position, and seasonal pay is much lower than the industry standard for theatrical techs.
Pros
Modern work environment, good people.
Cons
Inflexable, low pay, split shifts, seasonal work
Very nice managers and team members. And a great opportunity to experience how to handle and manage food
FOOD ATTENDANT (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 29, 2016
Working for Sea World was a great opportunity to enhance my learning on how to be a team member and work as a team. It also taught me how managing people food is very important, you always want to make sure if a customer is allergic to something before you serve them. I was kind of afraid to be a cashier because I didn't know if I was going to mess up people money. I would have to say that was the hardest part of my job at first. My most admirable part of my job was when we had a lot of customers in our restaurant, I love to see business flowing great.
Incredible Company to Work For!
Full Time Supervisor (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 29, 2016
SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment is a great company to work for. They support all their employees life events. They have competitive salaries and benefits. Management is easy to talk to and has a standard open door policy. There is a lot to do and you get to talk to people from all over the world every day! You get to work surrounded by professional and fun co-workers! You get to work in a beautiful environment and surrounded by awesome animals!
Pros
Many Growth Opportunities
Cons
A LOT OF WORK
work with friends. you get see shows before anyone else.
Assistant Supervisor/ on the job trainer (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 20, 2016
This job is fun. If you like to meet new people. Learning how to work any culinary positions. Working as bartender, cook, line server, curving meat, using fryer, Learning how use register.
Pros
getting free tickets, free family pass, 30 percent off
Cons
variable, seasonal, work long hours, sometimes working outside is hot or cold.
Employee-Oriented Company
Assistant Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Photo MerchandiseJuly 12, 2016
My typical day at work consists of managing a team of photographers and sales clerks. I begin with scheduling and opening procedures and maintain a proficient and safe work environment for my employees throughout their shift and the day.

I enjoy the responsibility of managing a small team and the challenges I'm presented with daily. I am a problem-solver and very results-oriented.
Amazing work place
Call Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 22, 2016
Working for sea world was one my favorite places to work. Not only was everyone super friendly but it was a family. The management is always willing to help and will never leave you without making sure you got all the tools you need. They are very understand with life, the schedule is very easy to work with. I would love and be honored to work for them again.
Quiet,fun environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VASeptember 9, 2016
I loved doing retail for Busch gardens/SeaWorld. The customers/guests were pretty awesome. I would clean my store every morning to make sure no furry creatures took our cotton candy and that it was nice and neat for the guests. Anytime I didn't have customers I would sweep, dust or walk around to see what needed to be restocked.
Pros
Breaktime, discounts
Cons
Healthcare
A fantastic place to work if you don't like money
Lighting & SFX Technician III (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 15, 2016
My Time at Seaworld was an interesting one. While i loved the overall job and what we were doing, and getting to see the animals every day. The compensation was horrendous, underpaid, working seasonally (so 60-70 hours a week with no time and a half during busy season and 10 hours a week when its slow) 10 months a year. with little to no warning when the 2 months off will be.

If the compensation matched the job, i would go back in a heartbeat.
Pros
Amazing team members, a great park, fantastic experience, good management
Cons
Compensation, job security
Easy going workplace
Food Service Attendant II (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 16, 2016
A typical day at work required making pizza, washing dishes, cleaning the kitchen, bussing tables, or managing a register. Everything is fairly easy fun.
Working at SeaWorld definitely taught me to have excellent customer/guest service skills.
My management and supervision team were very easy going and understanding.
The hardest part of the job was the heavy lifting and stock replacement.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the people, everyone that I worked with had a really great work ethic and always got every job done well and we all had fun doing it.
Pros
The benefits SeaWorld provided for their employees.
Cons
They had to cut hours a lot if we didn't meet projection.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SeaWorld. Our community is ready to answer.