SEB Security Employee Reviews

Multiple locations
Security Officer / Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 10, 2017
Unorganized there is a lot of miscommunication the company's part with scheduling. No morning shifts are available.The headquarters for the company is located in Chicago which is confusing since I work and live in Philadelphia and they are an hour behind PA time wise but are responsible for giving employees their schedule.
Pros
A job
Cons
no benefits not enough hours or pay
stressful
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 27, 2016
The office are bunch of idiots very disorganized they have sent me to wrong locations and try to make it my fault not enough hours noot enough pay if you need to reach them they don't open till 11am and every time you try to reach them they are always busy and i have to call back the scheduler forgets to put people on the schedule for the week one supervisor tells you your off on monday and another supervisor tell you your working on monday no communication at all if you have to attend training you don't get paid for it no medical no raises no union they don't people on the payroll they hire as a independent contractor so they don't have to pay taxes on their workers so when go do your taxes you have to pay a self employment tax if your looking for a job this company is the worst of the worst .
Pros
when i'm able to go home
Cons
when i have to go to work
I did really enjoy my time with SEB security
Security Guard (part time) (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIDecember 21, 2016
SEB security could use new management the staff and the overall job it self was very unsteady may I say I Dont really have much to say about the company
S.E.B. Security
Law Enforcement for Wal-Greens in bad areas (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 16, 2017
I was working 50-60 hours weekly making 18.00 hours, a independent company got the contract and offered me 12.00 dollars an hour, I live 45 miles away and I resigned with 2 weeks notice.
Pros
Cons
got bought out offering nothing
Quality company that provides great opportunities for hardworking individuals.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chicagoland Area, ILDecember 28, 2016
Great Company to work for. Was able to develop myself professional and mentally. Have been able to use expierience to augment my professional capabilities.
Productive Fun Work Place
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Ossining, NYFebruary 9, 2017
Pretty good experience, pay is great great start up security company would recommend any to this company & they are very flexible with schedules
there manager just hung up on me 10 minutes ago
client (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 1, 2016
Manager or hiring manager very rude and dosent care if your dealing with problems blah blah blah unprofessional by farthest
Pros
him hanging up and not quit my current more paying job
Cons
getting a call from him
Bad management
Undercover Investigator (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsMarch 22, 2016
Very unprofessional company lack of communication they lie about pay etc. U try to get higher up on the phone they dont return calls. They talk about workers need to be professional but they are not. They trick you thinking things are great but they are not.
Pros
meet good people not of seb
Cons
lack of good qualified management
It's good.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 8, 2016
The people were great and the sites that I worked at was fun and exciting. A typical day at work is just greeting customers and watching for shoplifters and panhandlers. I learned that you have to have patience and a positive attitude when dealing with the customers. My boss always gave me extra hours because I was a hard worker. The co-workers were always there to help out when I needed them. The hardest part of the job is catching shoplifters and confronting them or telling panhandlers to not sell their products in front of the store. The most enjoyable part of the job is you get to meet different people at different store locations.
the Job a one star
Retail Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PA 19106March 12, 2016
the job had no path for advancement and they stab you in the back and the front the job is not worth working at and they will sell you out in a second
Pros
paid lunch
Cons
healthcare sucks

Want to know more about SEB Security?

Ask a question
not bad
dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 28, 2013
this company is not a long term stop. The management is wishy washy, and the compensation is well under fair. But over all I appreciated the job ad learned a lot about management and security while working there.
Pros
mostly easy work
Cons
long hours, poor pay, no unity, cut-throat environment.
productive and great enviorment
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 24, 2016
SEB security company was good work place for me, I learned a lot working there. It taught me discipline and how to think outside the box.
productive work enviornment
SECURITY PROFESSIONAL (Former Employee) –  West Allis, WIAugust 10, 2012
A typical day at work includes signing in, calling in, meeting the store managment and surveying the property. I learned how to deal with various situation involving employees and customers. Management is usually helpful and polite and so were my coworkers. The hardest part of my job at work was not having the nessicary tools to properly protect my self. The most enjoyable part of my job was the customer appreciation.
Pros
employee discount
Cons
short breaks, lack of benefits, low pay, lack of defensive weapons
Good Job with low benefits
Security guard (Former Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 17, 2015
Consistent work in good locations, low pay overall. Management can be difficult at times. You can be transferred from a site with short notice.
Pros
Good Sites
Cons
Low Pay
Not a Well Managed Company
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Monroe, NJJuly 8, 2014
My individual location was great, had great coworkers, and everyone worked as a team. Unfortunately, whenever asked to cover at other locations the management was poor if even existent, the payroll was a consistent problem, and the communication was also non-existent.
Cons
no benefits, late pay, consistent payroll mistakes
Very professional and and flexible job
Field Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Quincy, MASeptember 26, 2013
A typical work day would be checking in with my concierges to see if everything was flowing according to plan. Check in with the managers for complains or changes from my staff. The hardest part of my job is being everywhere at once. The thing that I most enjoyed about my job where my co-workers there where very polite and care about me and everyone has a certain respect for professionalism. I learned to implement a time management system to get more things done In a fast time while working for S.E.B. I'm a team member as well as a manager. I don't expect my team to go it alone; I am very much the type of person who pitches in to ensure the work gets done when needed. At the same time, however, I make sure that people are doing their role to their best ability and to find out why they might not be if things are going wrong for them. I consider myself to be very open-minded and approachable - I love hearing new ideas from my team and will try to implement them if they benefit the firm and the team as a whole. I'm a good listener and I am always ready to listen to staff when they experience problems and need help. I am highly ethical and will always ensure that my team is well briefed on accountability needs. I believe that it's important to reach consensus wherever possible, rather than laying down the law but I am not averse to using authority where it is needed, for the common good of the firm and team.
Pros
benefits and a positive work environment
Cons
lack of growth
It's work but not that enjoyable
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 11, 2014
A typical work day can vary but essentially you'll either be standing around a door or a metal detector/x-ray machine.
You pickup customer service skills at most locations but only one location has given me several certifications from trained professionals such as NYPD, CPR-AED etc. The co-workers at my last site were childish at best and put personal relationships before work responsibilities. Employees that have been with the company for more than 8 years are rewarded with managerial positions such as "Shift or Site Supervisor". Supervisors are very nonchalant and unreliable when usually faced with decision making due a lack of training and usually cannot make decisions or take responsibility without constant consulting their chain of command. Getting a hold of payroll as they are never available, switching your site and or schedule, obtaining new uniforms and getting in contact with the head office is laughable because they're rarely available and NEVER return phone calls. The most enjoyable part of this job is dealing with the general public. Last thing, this job has absolutely NO BENEFITS. no medical or dental full or partial but they do give you the option to choose your own. Picking up your pay check is also a hassle and rather than do direct deposit like every other company they use a pre-paid card (sort of like a Rush card). I wouldn't refer anyone to this company, not even if they were fresh out.
Pros
Able to network at sites
Cons
management, pay rate, no support, no benefits, unreliable.
have to have another job tohelp family
Armed Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 13, 2014
there is no chance for advancement not a job to raise a family
Alternating workplace
Armed Guard (Former Employee) –  Quincy, MAJanuary 15, 2016
The job required to move to different locations per shift needed bases. Personal interaction was very interesting, as the environment could be hostile. Always a learning experience due to the change of situation at hand.
my current work place
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 5, 2015
a typical day a work is long i learned how to be a better security officer the management can you better training the hardest part of my job is being there the most enjoyable part of my day is when i get off
Pros
is very close to home
Cons
there is no benfits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SEB Security. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9