Sebastian River Medical Center Employee Reviews

Great staff but poor management
Receptionist/Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sebastian, FLJune 9, 2017
Promised annual pay increases that never come. A lot of promises that are made that never pan out. Understaffing the clinics and refusing to allow overtime. Underpaid compared to SEVERAL other companies and offices. Health insurance is costly for premiums and more costly to use. The employees must work here because they genuinely love to help people because there aren't many other reasons to stay.
Pros
The BEST and most caring staff around.
Cons
Numerous
Unfair Wages
Unit Secreatry/Monitor Technician (Former Employee) –  Sebastian, FLJune 4, 2017
Employees are under paid at this hospital. As long as the CEO, executive management, and the board get their money, the company doesn't care about the employees. The nursing Manager, is extremely rude and talks down and/or at the employees.
Pros
Employees are nice
Cons
Underpaid, horrible benefits
Productive and fun work place
Student Nurse (Former Employee) –  Sebastian, FLApril 30, 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Sebastian River Medical Center. The staff are very welcoming to the students and provided excellent teaching during our time there.
A great place to work!
Emergency Room Registrar (Former Employee) –  Piscataway, NJMarch 11, 2017
I worked the 4:00 pm to 11:00 pm shift. The previous shift would update us on who is the Doctor on our shift, number of patients in emergency room and which ones that will most likely be admitted, who is still waiting to be seen and which ones are priority, who is the triage nurse (we had direct contact with her). We also had to collect copays (if any), and anything to apply to their bill if they did not have insurance. Management on our shift was non-existent. Workplace culture was every pleasant. No one was boss and everyone helped everyone when we were busy. I believe, the hardest part of our job was when the waiting room was super busy (especially in snow bird season) and keeping everyone happy. I loved that challenge. I worked very hard to keep everyone happy by keeping everyone updated on who is next and also, I was in constant communication with the triage nurse to let her know of anyone with serious symptoms that were occurring in the waiting room. I also had crayons and paper for the patients who come in with children. Too keep them happy as well. This might have been the hardest part of our job but I found it the most rewarding of all.
This is a stressful job and the floor I work on is not managed very well
Full Time License Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Sebastian, FLDecember 18, 2016
I enjoy taking care of sick patients but the management is not supportive at all. I have been employed here for many years and seen many changes, some good some not so good.
Pros
I enjoy the staff.
Cons
many cons
Former ER employee
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sebastian, FLDecember 3, 2016
Employees are awesome but manager and leads are the worst. Expect disrespect and confusion. The leads are not knowledgeable at all and the supervisor does not care. The hardest part of this job was getting wrote up for not being forceful in getting copayments from ER patients and also being talked down.
Pros
Employees are great, free drinks, barbeque every year just to say thanks.
Cons
Registration management is the worst, there system for collecting money is a rip off.
Charge nurse
RN (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 24, 2016
preparing Infusion for chemotherapy patients, sickle cell, RA and numerous infusions. These where organized and scheduled so we always knew a head of time who the patients where. Hardest part of job was trying when a patient died, mostly for the remaining patients. I enjoyed this job more than any other job I have ever had, you bond with the patients and their families. I found this type of close nurse to patient care rewarding. As a charge nurse in this particular facility your duties are numerous from family and patient education to hospice coordination. Follow up daily and usually after hour patient calls, weekend call.
Pros
bonding with patinet
Cons
the office managment
Gather up for the daily meetings. Clean OR prior to case. Set up case, assist with patients.
Surgical Technician (Former Employee) –  Sebastian, FLNovember 19, 2015
Teaching facility that aspires students or peers to become a better asset to the team, Very accomodating to ones abilities and personal lifestyle. Would return back in a heartbeat if relocated.
Intern
Level II Fieldwork (Former Employee) –  Sebastian, FLAugust 24, 2015
Worked with professional within the field, I help client reach their max rehab potential through strength and ADL training.
Pros
Great hospital
Summray attached
REGISTRAR (Current Employee) –  Sebastain, FloridaJuly 15, 2015
The priority of Patient Access in the Diagnostic Center is the patient comes first at all times. The goal is to register a patient as quickly and efficiently as possible for medical testing such as EKG, Mammograms, MRI, Labs and more.

I have learned some medical coding and how to call the insurance company for authorizations.

Management is always focus on the climate of the workplace.

My coworkers have a great sense of teamwork and have a good relationship between us.

The most difficult part of the job is having to call the insurance companies as there is usually a long wait time.

The best part of my job is being involved with the patients themselves. I very much enjoy registering them and speaking with them.
A productive workplace.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sebastian, FLAugust 8, 2014
A very busy office with lots of hours to work. I learned how to use a new EMR system. The office managers were all great people. The hardest part of the job was when it was slow. I prefer to be busy at all times. I enjoy getting to know new patients.
Great Team Work
Radiologic Technologist Intern (Former Employee) –  Sebastian, FLApril 29, 2014
AWESOME!!! great team. Pleasant management. State of the art equiptment.
Great support staff of nurses to work with.
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Sebastian, FLFebruary 19, 2014
Every one worked well together to get the job done. Hardest part was in critical situations the lack of instant availability of anesthesia and pediatricians.
Pros
small family atmosphere
Cons
lack of critalcal care staff in emergency
One Call Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Sebastian, FLJanuary 19, 2014
Would not have been looking for work, but they are out sourcing the scheduling department to an off site facility.
enjoyable and friendly enviornment
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Sebastian, FLMay 7, 2013
I enjoy working for Sebastian River Medical. Everyone is kind and respectful. Patient care and satisfaction is top priority for all who are employed there.
Not a bad place to work at. Small hospital that is growing.
MEDICAL TECHNOLOGIST - HEMATOLOGY LEAD (Current Employee) –  Sebastian, FLDecember 8, 2012
Overall I like working at SRMC. It can be busy during season, but when its slow, it is slow and your hours often get cut during your two week pay period.
Pros
free bbq about 4 times a year for employees, free soft drinks and coffee everyday, great shift and weekend differential.
Cons
not a place to come work if you are looking for career advancement.
Fun co-workers
Staff Nurse / Charge Nurse - Emergency Room (Current Employee) –  Sebastian, FLSeptember 28, 2012
Work is productive and challenging making you feel rewarded.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sebastian River Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8