SEC Employee Reviews

Foreman (Current Employee) –  MontogomeryJanuary 7, 2018
Good place to work, good management. learned a lot of different aspects of construction, would like better benefits.. and better pay..Hardest part was weather
Sec
Provide Administrative (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INNovember 6, 2017
I enjoyed the work relating to this job. I was interviewing and processing cases for eligibility for government assistance. I felt I was contributing to the community .

the management in allen county is competitive and biased. I was still in training period and was advised I did not meet expectations.
Pros
service work providing government support for public
Cons
competitive with bias
productive work enviornment
Painter/sandblaster/lead foreman (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 13, 2017
I actually like the job been there for a long time started as a helper and worked my way up to a foreman I have been that for 3 years just feel like I'm not being treated fair because of my race. I can do everything paint, sandblast, manage, forklift, train, paperwork. I get great reviews but for some reason I can't get base painter pay. The company hires temps with no experience but a different race and pays them more than me I been there for almost 5 years.
Eye opening and enjoyable
Samsung Experience Consultant (SEC) (Former Employee) –  Hurst, TXMay 9, 2017
I was a sales representative for Samsung inside of Best Buy, with my official title being "Samsung Experience Consultant", or SEC. I really enjoyed this job and learned so much, it truly enabled me to grow important skills both personally and professionally.

Inside of most Best Buys there are Samsung stores that are managed by 1-4 SECs. My job primarily consisted of pushing Samsung phones, tablets, smartwatches, mobile accessories, and promotions inside of Best Buy. I also taught instructional classes to customers on how to use their Samsung devices, as well as dealt with product troubleshooting and basic software repair. SECs are also responsible for maintaining and cleaning the Samsung store and ALL Samsung products and displays. This job was not commission based, however we still had daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and yearly performance goals we were required to meet.

SECs are stationed at one particular store for an extended period of time rather than traveling to various locations as most third party sales representatives do. At high volume locations - one of which I was located at - there are usually teams of 3 to 4 SECs with one of them being a supervisor, or Lead SEC. There are managers that oversee a grouping of about 8 stores that visit each store once per week on average. Higher ups from Samsung corporate would also visit 2-3 times per month as well. Visits from management and corporate were usually random and unannounced.

Because of the limited staff, I was often working without leadership present and often completely alone as well. This helped me to
  more... learn a lot about responsibility and accountability. Being a third party employee inside of someone else's store also enabled me to learn a lot about collaboration and team work as well. I was teaming up with Best Buy employees on a daily basis and really enjoyed the nature of that. This job helped me to become more confident and out going and massively improve my sales skills.

I got along well with my coworkers, including the Best Buy staff. I had a great relationship with my managers and it was so nice to have them trust me and commend me. The Samsung end was very up-beat and positive and encouraging. However, the Best Buy atmosphere wasn't much like that at all. The most enjoyable part of this job was making sales. It's so rewarding and exciting when you make a sale, and the competitive nature of it made it more fun as well. The primary problem I had with the job was the limited nature of what I was doing. Since I only worked with a specific set of Samsung products, weekdays were often painfully slow and with little (Samsung) customer interaction. I'd often find myself filling the hours with cleaning over and over and helping Best Buy customers with things completely unrelated to Samsung.

Overall, I loved this job very much and reflect on it with mostly positive memories and feelings. Unfortunately, Samsung made cuts all across the country for 2017. Lay offs went completely by tenure and very sadly my coworker and I were affected.
Pros
Independence, fun, interactive, competitive, good managers
Cons
Slow, lay offs, poor training, repetitive
productive and enjoyable work environment
Scaffold Foreman (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 18, 2017
Daily activity included supervising crews of scaffold builders and insulators, on maintenance and outage activities. Conducting daily safety meetings, obtaining and reviewing permits.
Pros
good place to work
Very calm environment
State Eligibility Consultant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 6, 2017
Helping Customers and providing Support to Clients. Great Management and Workplace Environment. Most enjoyable is knowing that your work help aid the public.
great pace to work and a great opportunity.
Butler Ga (Former Employee) –  Butler, GAFebruary 10, 2017
I had a great experience working there and honed my skills working on solar panels and having to work with DC power.
I want to thank everyone whom worked with me and look to the future and hope to have the opportunity of working with some of them again.
Cut throat employees, no benefits.
Driver (Current Employee) –  Dexter, MONovember 30, 2016
One of the easiest jobs I've ever had but one of the worst. No pay raises....ever. No benefits. No state tax withheld. No management. It's a fly by night operation. Trucks are neglected.
i dont work at SEC
Compliance Financial Specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 19, 2016
i dont work at SEC

RRD - a typical day at work

i am currently looking for employment within a law firm or company that processes their own SEC submissions.
productive
Warehouse Lead & Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 18, 2016
Responsible for unloading shipments, arranging storage room areas, stocking shelves, and organizing. Material handler, order picking, ship & receiving.
Pros
compay paid for lunch
Cons
language barrier problems at times
N/a
Compliance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJAugust 9, 2016
Worked with regulators including SEC, FINRA, CBOE. It was a learning experience working with regulators on different inquiries and subpoenas. It was a rewarding experience
Fun to work with
Wire Managment (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAAugust 8, 2016
Every body was like a family I will recomend the company to go and apply the only problem is that they dont respect the flag system
Pros
many hrs
Cons
short brakes
Productive Agency
Program Associate (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 12, 2016
SEC is a wonderful place to work. I enjoyed there for the 10 months of my employment as a Contractor. I would love to continue working at SEC but my contract ends on July 22, 2016.
Attending events in DC and keeping the public safe in security
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 27, 2016
I enjoyed my time in Security and going to different events in DC. There was very flexible hours and was able to learn new things and network with new people in the area.
Pros
The pay was great
Cons
No benefits, can take up to 3 weeks to get paid
Fun,you get dirty, and you get a chance to meet people from everywhere
Labor Hand (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GAMarch 14, 2016
Overall it was a good job because get to travel and learn a lot of new things because every job we've done was hardly ever the same
N/a
Guard (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, WALOctober 23, 2015
N/A

Fun work place with supportive management. Not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop. Decent amount of red tape and politics, but this is expected of a big company.
a good day
dispatcher (Current Employee) –  biloxi msJuly 20, 2015
its a good
long nights
good people
the most enjoyable part of my night is my coworkers
management is good
ive never been a dispatcher so the hardest part was keeping up with the more experienced dispatchers but I did a good job
fun workplace stayed busy
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJuly 23, 2014
My day at work was mostly fun. I learned how to take criticism a lot better especially by being on the phones. You have so many different attitudes. My manager was laid back but he would tell you when you were doing something wrong, and he was also good about telling you when you did things right. The co- workers were all in all good people they were down to earth. At times it did get hard to handle customers on the phone, some would not cooperate with getting their bill and calling out the account number. Simply because they thought it was a trick and would get burned, just because we were calling them helping the residents lower their electricity bill. Most residents would hang up in your face multiple times because they thought it was a scam. Then it would be hard on us with not enough sales to make our pay for the end of the week. The most enjoyable part of my job was actually getting sales throughout the day it gave me a sense of happiness and relief that I was doing my job correctly and getting the savings applied to my customers account. Helping save the residents money and making sure they were happy with the savings really put a smile on my face.
Company shut down
Work hand (Former Employee) –  Flowood, MSJune 17, 2014
I am happy I started off with this company before I even graduated from high school. Taught me alot of things. Job shut down
Pros
friends
Cons
shut down
Bad place
Work Group Leader (Former Employee) –  PAMay 7, 2014
Don't let the field peoples reviews lead you to this company. I personally gave them 11 years and they took $5 an hour of pay away and shipped me to another company 25 minutes away from their plant. Horrible management that is only interested in making their bonuses bigger. They don not care about anyone at this company. Ask anyone that works for DLM east. They suck. Stay away.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list