Second Harvest Food Bank

Second Harvest Food Bank Employee Reviews

Fast-paced food distribution that requires teamwork.
Volunteer Food Distributor (Former Employee), Allentown, PAJune 22, 2015
Pros: Teamwork and rewarding
The volunteers are wonderful and easy to get along with. It feels very rewarding to see how grateful the agencies are during distribution.
Nonprofit Company for the community
Receptionist (Former Employee), Amherst, OHJune 16, 2015
Answered and directed all incoming calls to a 10 person office, distributing food to low income/in need residents in the community.

I enjoyed working there, as it gave me an opportunity to feel as though I was "giving back" and helping those less fortunate. Was very difficult having to deny someone in need because our offices was unable to provide services.

We worked as a team, to ensure that the community needs was met, on a daily basis.
a happy workplace
Volunteer crew member (Former Employee), Daytona Beach, FLJune 1, 2015
Pros: the people are nice and outgoing
Cons: their aren't any at all
i like how while your working they ask you are you okay? how's the job going? is there any help that you need? they actually care about their employees well being the breaks are good and so are the people.
Great mission and Friendly people
Information Technology Specialist (Current Employee), New Orleans, LAMay 29, 2015
Pros: Great benefits and helping others
Cons: No room for a full time IT specialist anymore
• Identify and solve technical problems on the user end and network level
• Install, inspect, test and repair personal computers and peripheral equipment
• Install, troubleshoot, and resolve problems with key operating systems and applications (e.g. Microsoft
Office Suite, Microsoft Lync)
• Assist Feeding America and Archdiocese of New Orleans troubleshoot and configure switches, routers, ASA
and all other networking equipment.
• Designer in Jet Reports
• Assist in the effort to address reporting needs through use of technology solutions
• Manage and account for all – more... technology assets by performing routine equipment and software
inventories, including tracking of warranty and software licensing to ensure compliance
• Maintain our Active Directory assuring all accounts are active and working properly
• Develop and execute I.T. replacement schedule for all equipment as needed
• Manage the Microsoft SCSM Service Manager Console
• Help manage all Cisco networking equipment and networking environments
• Oversee and support VoIP phone system
• Oversee and support mobile platforms: Windows, Android and I-Phone
• Oversee and support postage equipment
• Oversee and support Outlook functionality, connection to exchange, archiving, unique needs for users and
mailbox size
• Manage network share drives, network printers, and remote desktop client – less
Great Teamwork and a great boss.
Volunteer (Former Employee), Erie, PAMay 16, 2015
Pros: Everything
Cons: None
The work that I did helped feed the hungry and that was all the motivation I needed. There was no pay or benefits. My part of the team was to take cases of food off the pallets and break them open so the other team members could bundle them with other items. My co-workers were a local high school Air Force ROTC platoon. They were very intelligent and hard working. I don't remember anything difficult about working there. What I enjoyed the most was the boss's sense of humor.
Very layed back work flow. No one played around or groof off.
Volunteer Work (Former Employee), Fayetteville, NCMay 11, 2015
I enjoyed my time with this company. Their were some very loveable people out there, also they was a sour patch there too.
Beautiful experience
Volunteer Work (Former Employee), Riverside, CAMay 6, 2015
Pros: Free snacks
Cons: None
Great environment to do volunteer work in.
Loved my fellow volunteers because most of them were classmates and we all got along very well.
Supervisors were friendly and helpful whenever we needed anything.
Learned how to work with nothing in return except the joy of giving to others.
Good
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNApril 17, 2015
This job was really good for me; I enjoyed meeting new people every day. My coworkers were also friendly to me. The hardest part was lifting so many pounds per day.
Very comfortable enviorment
Volunteer (Former Employee), Riverside, CAApril 11, 2015
Pros: community uplifting
Cons: not to many cons
Allows me to not only learn the importance of community , but also shows the strength behind giving rather than focusing on gaining. also a very structured place.
The type of work that keeps me busy.
Administrative/Clerical Assistant (Current Employee), San Jose, CAMarch 20, 2015
The duties vary from day-to-day, depending on what projects are currently assigned. I deal with a lot of confidential files and documents. As of late for example, I am working on scanning, printing, and filing documents in order for the organization to go paperless.
fun place for me to volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee), Allentown, PAFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: helping others
I loved volunteering at this place. It was full of fun people who had a love for helping others. All they asked was for you to help and enjoy giving back to the community.
Productive, pleasant place to work
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee), Nashville, TNJanuary 14, 2015
The short time there was a valuable experience for me in regards to the caring personalities of employees and volunteers. How everyone expressed the love of their position whether getting paid for it or just volunteering. All my encounters with management and staff had pleasant dispositions that relaid in their speech and work ethics. I would love to work there as a permanent employee. Hated that my position ended.
Handed out event t-shirts
Volunteer (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAJanuary 12, 2015
It was fun to meet the people that participated in this worthy event to help feed the hungry, I would mark off that they received their event t-shirt and then instructed them to the next location if needed.
An enjoyable experience full of hard work but rewarding benefits.
Food Inspector (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJanuary 7, 2015
I would come in and had volunteers to train. I trained them on how to sort good foods from bad or recalled foods. I trained them on the correct safety procedures needed to work at Second Harvest so they didn't get injured. My co-workers were always friendly and uplifting. The hardest part of the job was that it was a very fast-paced environment and you had to think quick, and the most rewarding was the fellowship everyday working with people who truly liked each other.
Great company
Team Leader / Food Sorter (Volunteer) (Former Employee), San Jose, CADecember 10, 2014
Pros: they help out in many ways for those in need.
Cons: there is none
Second Harvest Food Bank is a great company to work for and volunteer. Lots of fun time at company party's
Second Harvest food bank
Order Selector (Former Employee), Manteca, CAOctober 17, 2014
They taught me how to order select. The co-workers were cool easy to work with.
very productive job
Warehouse/Driver Inventory Clerk (Former Employee), Allentown paJuly 29, 2014
Pros: able to work at my own pace
Cons: too high school
I loved my job there was just a lot of favoritisim I was fired over racisim and not because of my work performance.
Great place to work.
Administrative Assistant Intern (Former Employee), Lorain, OHJuly 20, 2014
Pros: caring people.
Cons: didn't have an opening.
Great people to work with. First day learned to answer phones direct and help people when they came in. Did mail ,scanned documents, filed. Help with the fiscal audit, and redid files for the beginning of the fiscal year. Help make a Excel spreadsheet for tracking employees hours and time off. The hardest part was knowing exact answers to questions when I only worked for three weeks. The most enjoyable was the people were fantastic.
Volunteer
Volunteer Experience & Organization Involvement (Former Employee), Lorain, OHJuly 15, 2014
Volunteering, went through food and packaged them for donations
order picker
production/quality and control (Former Employee), Madison, WIJune 11, 2014
Pros: giving back to the community
Cons: seansonal
prepared orders for food banks across the Wisconsin area.
Pick and prepared orders, weight produce and check dates on product

1 2 3