Second Harvest Food Bank Employee Reviews

great place
Volunteer Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CASeptember 23, 2017
temporary job that I loved . took it when I was unemployed as a volunteer and was hired for 3 days a week. wonderful experience and wish I could have experienced more
Pros
everything
Productive place
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 22, 2017
I learned how to sort food and products from different stores around charlotte. Which was given to people in need. I also learned how to communicate with other people to get the job done.
Pros
Felt like i was doing something beneficial to people in need.
Cons
Non
It was a place that help feed communities
Distribution Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCAugust 29, 2017
People and companies would come to get food to provide help for churches, food pantries, etc. They would give us their orders, and we would fill the orders and the wrap up the pallets and load the trucks. The hardest part was the long hours, and the most enjoyable part was helping the people feed the communities.
Pros
free lunches
Giving
Social Work Intern (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 11, 2017
Giving is the first thing you learn here. They are welcoming and make it feel like a family from day one. The company has a great way of connecting with the community and surrounding companies to help those needing nutrition and support. There are programs that teach people how to cook the food they are being given and how to grow their own food. This company is making great changes in our community!
Good Volunteer Enviroment
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 9, 2017
You are sorted into groups and you are put to work sorting food, packaging food items, and throwing away unwanted food. The people that work there are dedicated to helping the less fortunate and are willing to help you.
Fun working environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAAugust 8, 2017
I was there to donate my time and I got a lot more out of it than I thought. I stocked all types of food. The workplace culture was nice. Everyone gets along really well.
Productive fun family orriented employer.
Event Coordinator/Banquet Captain (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 3, 2017
Love working for this company. Being able to help the community is an amazing feeling.
Day would consist on reviewing BEO'S getting the proper staff and equipment to execute and great event.
Excellent benefits, good management and coworkers.
Warehouse Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 2, 2017
To be acknowledged for a job well done and appreciated by management. Supportive supervisor and manager and listened to any concern or suggestion. A good place to work.
Pros
Excellent benefits and great manager and supervisor.
Cons
work under two department head
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJuly 16, 2017
I was able to provide administrative service to two head of the department. I coordinated volunteers and set up companies' volunteer days at the food bank. I problem solved in the distribution sites that we supported.
Pros
I know the supervisor because I worked for them
Cons
I was filling up for a pregnant employee
Good experince
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJuly 1, 2017
Overall I had a good experience working there as the people were fun and lively. They made my experience working there great as the time flew by while packing cans and cleaning machines.
Pros
the people
Cons
dirty environment
Good and Bad
VOLUNTEER COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAJune 29, 2017
SHFB is a great organization that serves a community that is very much so in need. My position was not long term and the team knew this. If they had extended more interest in making me long term, I might be more interested in staying. Maybe just invite me to a staff meeting or 2.

They paid me well and my time off was flexible- though unpaid.
Positive people and very productive envirment
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJune 28, 2017
Very up beat and and positive co-workers and customers. Not a hard job easy work and very friendly co-workers who will help you the best way they can.
Pros
free lunches
Nice Place to work
Warehouse worker (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CA 95134June 28, 2017
I felt good working here. I enjoyed putting things into boxes and helping others. The other people at this employment were friendly. The manager was good and helpful.
Volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJune 19, 2017
Cleaned and organized such as food, toys, and clothes. Load or unload materials into containers or onto trucks. Clean contaminated equipment or areas for re-use, using detergents or solvents. Operate machines or equipment to remove, package, store, or transport. Obtain, move, and sort products, materials, containers, and orders. Sealed containers or materials using glue and tape.
great volunteer oppty! great company!
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJune 9, 2017
Great volunteer opportunity for San Jose residents. The branch is huge and can always use more volunteers on a daily basis. There is a great deal of contentness when you can help others less fortunate and the Second Harvest gives that feeling.
I learned alot while there and the people where helpful
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJune 9, 2017
It was a good place to learn new task. The people there were very nice and willing to help you learn. It could be fun when working with others. I worked there while in school. We would go and assist the staff in what ever they needed. I was able to learn how to do many different task. And learn the right way to do them. The staff likes us being they,so they were able to teach of many things.
amazing place to work for.
Driver/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Thomasville, GAMay 31, 2017
Great place to work for
Great environment
Great people
Amazing boss
I love the company compassion for the community and just a general care for the people.
Excellent Community Resource
Research Development Associate (Former Employee) –  Youngstown, OH 44509May 9, 2017
Second Harvest Food Bank does a great job in the Tri-County area in Ohio. That county area Is Trumbull, Mahoning and Columbiana. The Food Bank provides over sixty agencies of service. Very good environment for social service professional.
Pros
Excellent service organization
Cons
Good to work there not enough money
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Harahan, LAMay 2, 2017
It's a good place to work not enough money the company I work the folklift all day my hours are 5 to 1 everyday
I take orders very well the company is great
Pros
Cons
1 hour lunch 15 break
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Abingdon, VAApril 24, 2017
Second Harvest offered an invaluable service to the geographic areas that were serviced by them. The overall culture and service was tremendous and well worth while.