Secondary School

Secondary School Employer Reviews

great
Magwi Senior (Former Employee), Magwi, South Sudan.May 31, 2014
Pros: teaching
Cons: exhusting, due to the large number of students per class.
It was a wonderful experience teaching in a foreign country.
High School
Computer Training Instructor (Former Employee), Cuenca - EcuadorMarch 4, 2014
Computer programming classes for upper classes (High School). In charge of managing and maintenance of computer lab facilities.
productive and fun workplace
Maths Teacher (Former Employee), georgetownFebruary 25, 2014
Pros: long lunches
Cons: no healthcare
The school i worked at the students were excelling every school year especially in the maths and english department. the teachers there were very helpful and kind.
A good first job that taught me alot about leadership and the workplace
Teacher (Former Employee), Riverside, CAFebruary 12, 2014
As a teacher my workday consisted of early meetings and the teaching of 6 class periods in various subjects throughout the day.
This position was teaching at the University Level.
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee), MOJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: the pros in this position were that i had an experience of teaching at the unversity level.
Cons: the cons were that i over extended myself by compromising my other responsibilities.
I discovered that I am not suited to teaching at the University Level when I am not certain of the information. I drove 90 miles to teach in the evening while keeping my teaching job. I had over extended myself with my family and my job.
Productive, secure and suitable workplace
Teacher of English language (Former Employee), Secondary/High school of #30, village Sist,December 10, 2013
Pros: good conditions
Cons: short of opportunity to do more
my work day started at 8:00. what I did was preparing productive,, interesting and up to date lesson plans from grades 2 till 11, prepared, typed and printed all school documentations, translated many materials from English to Tajik, Tajik to English, Russian to English and English to Russian.
Did IT job in class as well, checking and fixing computers.
Grade – more... 7th supervising instructor, prepared and conducted varous school events and cultrual events also.
my co-workers wer very nice and responsible people.
till end did not face up with any hard part of work.
i almost enjoyed all my job, but the most enjoyable when I did my task at time and when my stundents were proud of me and my teaching. – less
It was a productive work place tha I got Experience.
Director and secondary School Supervisor (Former Employee), Afar and west ShewaDecember 6, 2013
Here I got experience of how to educate, train and supervise the the secondary schools.
Day in Day out
Counselor (Current Employee), Costa Mesa, CAApril 23, 2013
I prioritize my day and have a plan of the task and students I'd like to meet with throughout my day. However, I am flexible with situations that can happen at a moments notice that might need my attention at that time. I work with some amazing people and that is priceless to me. The support I recieve from then is great.
productive and fun to be with.
Data Encoder (Former Employee), Cagayan de Oro City, PhilipinesMarch 12, 2013
Pros: aircon, good service
Cons: salary below the minimum
i was a encoder at Department of Social Welfare and Development. i encoded all the names of beneficiaries and making payroll as well. i
full of cultural and moral values
Sefoe Senior (Former Employee), The Gambia, West AfeicaFebruary 22, 2013
Pros: no free lunch
Cons: short break without healthcare care
Working environment very conducive and students appreciate teacher's values
very good ambition in work and successeful experience
Mathematics teacher (Former Employee), SousseFebruary 2, 2013
Pros: free transport
Cons: health care social security
I ‘m very passionate about teaching mathematics and would be very excited to obtain a position at an institution that strongly values education
Helping students navigate their own learning process is one of my primary goals as an educator. I balance such explorations with direct instruction to ensure that course objectives are met. I infuse my classroom – more... with a sense of joy and love of mathematics.
During my time as teacher in a diverse school I have developed a series of improvisational comedy games and exercises for use in my mathematics classrooms.
I firmly believe that it is vital to the success of my classes to create an atmosphere where everyone feels comfortable participating.
The goals of this are to help synthesize concepts in an engaging and dynamic way.
In the future, I will continue developing more improve techniques and games for use in the mathematics classroom
I have seen that students learn most effectively when they are engaged and participating in the learning process.
As such I often deviate from a more traditional lecture style format in favor of collaboration and discussion
For example the goals of the first classes were to explore what is meant by an equation.
I began by writing several expressions on the board
Such as 3 x+4=8 and 3=4 …. And I asked the student to vote on which were equations.
I asked I various students to explain the reasoning behind their votes and as a class we discussed some of the more contentious issues
I think that leading discussions and group work requires a great amount of preparation and leadership.
When my students are working in groups I am always circling through the room listening to conversations asking leading questions and guiding groups when necessary I paid attention to the group dynamic and draw out the timid students
I anticipate possible questions to fuel the discussion. I moderate this in such a way that everyone feels comfortable participating
In the future I would like to hone my skills as a moderator and have strategies to deal with this situation less abruptly. – less
A typical Day at work
Advisor I, San Joaquin County Office of Education (Current Employee), San Joaquin County Office of EducationOctober 28, 2012
Pros: good working co-workers, that help each other as a team
Cons: information of overtime can conflict with staff.
A typical day at work is to start the day on a positive note
communicate on daily tasks for the day, confirm required
day by day work requirments with managment. Ask
questions clarify, doubts about a situation or deadline to
be accompished.
Ask if day by day work hours are consistant or may change
to be able to be flexable if overtime is required.
Communicate – more... with co-workers to keep open tasks clarified.
The hardest part of the job would be to satisfy customers
not happy with the regualations the company has posted.
I would stride to keep the customers happy with their purchase
and accomidate them to keep them satisfied.
Be honest to management when a conflict arrises and I may
need their help. – less
It is a good place as we can interact with each other particularly with other staff, we also having interclases competition at the end of the week day
Teacher (Former Employee), Kigoma Mucipality in Tanzania.July 21, 2012
Pros: provision of tea, there is time for doing other activities after finishing school activities.
Cons: very easy to be terminated from work, embarassing when you work without payment for a long time, when the set goals are not met.
I normally attend at work at 7.00 am sharp whereby i co-ordinate the student for cleanliness in the classroom and outside. At 8.00 am the studies commence. I learned a lot of things including interaction with my fellow teacher through sharing ideas. The School management is good as it provide equal opportunity in participating in various issues for – more... both females teachers as well as male teachers.
In our school we have 14 teachers but my department (Biology & Chemistry) we are only four teachers. The hardest part of the job is during preparation of teaching and learning materials as mostly I want to make my student updated, therefore i normally spend most of he time studying various reference books, internet and other journals. The most enjoyable part of the job is when the set objectives have been met. – less
I had created joyfull work environment together with my Colleague
Head of the department of Mathematics (Former Employee), Addis AbabaMay 7, 2012
I have been working for long period of time with different people of different thinking ability,attitude,and passion.What I have learnt is how much advantageous being with different people to share their idea,living practice,social and academic backgrounds.

If a good management system has been established for certain company or organization,all members – more... are in a position to apply their potential to the work situation to be productive.

The difficult thing that one may face through life is that to provide satisfaction for all,though unlimited potential is supposed to applied.However,Anybody who wants to change his/her carrier need to work hard.This intern my enjoyable trip in my life. – less
fun workplace
St. Andrews Scots Senior (Former Employee), Delhi, DLSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: no stay backs
Cons: salary was less
It was my second job.. I was excited to join it.. I have learnt a lot from it... I have gained a lot of experience from this school.... Learnt how to tackle small kids.... How to teach them... Management was good. Co-workers were good...
School teaching Secondary
teacher in both Christchurch and in United Kingdom (Former Employee), Christchurch, SSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: free lunches christmas time really nice food
Cons: marking papers and student's books and assignment sometimes till over midnight in the weekends
Arriving at school around 8 am attending meeting at 8.30 am in the staffroom. School teaching starting at 8.55 am with periods of 55 min, having a morning break after the first two periods at around 10.45am, and lunch after the 4th period around 12.50 pm till 13.20pm there would be another two periods after that.
so about 6 classes to teach in a day – more... but usually one would be free for us teachers for training or for preparation time.
Learned greatly how to manage people students in the class how to keep the class activity rolling and interested and to give enough work and motivation.
It allowed me to get quickly organized so greatly improved my organizational skills as well as my management.
Wonderful for meeting new people whether it was meeting with parents or other teachers, the support given to staff members was always great, and generally students loved in joining to help with class duties which helped greatly.
The hardest part was to get there in the morning as I had to catch the train in London early at 6.30 am to get to the other side of town in time.
The most enjoyable part of the job when students came to me and told me that they really enjoyed the class and they wanted to have more time with me in lunch time! Sometimes I would allow them to sit in the classroom and finish their work and help them if they needed it. I often felt like I was mother goose so to speak but it made my day more worthwhile and I really enjoyed getting up early looking forward to the next day and its challenges. – less
EARLY NEURODEVELOPMENTAL SCREENING
PEDIATRICIAN, NEURODEVELOPMENT (Former Employee), BETHLEHEMAugust 29, 2014
I HAVE WORKED 6 DAYS PER WEAK IN MY WORK I SEE DIFFERENT KIND OF DISEASES SYNDROME CHILDREN
AUTISTIC CHILDREN
ADHD
NOCT. ENURESIS
DELAY OF MOTOR DEVELOPMENT
DELAY OF COGNITIVE DEVELOPMENT T
PASYCHO SOCIAL CHILDREN
LEARNING DISSABILITIESE
SPEECH DIFFICULTIES

I HAVE ALSO DONE A NEURODEVELOPMETAL SCREENING CONCENTRATING THE NEWBORN --12 M OF AGE THEIR – more... COOGNITIVE AND MOTOR DEVELOPMENT – less
this is not applicable
Teacher of the English Language (Former Employee), YerevanAugust 26, 2014
I lied my work as a teacher giving knowledge to my students and guiding them through that process.
Hindu Sabha Senior Secondary School
Hindu Sabha Senior Secondary School (Former Employee), Amritsar, PBAugust 19, 2014
Pros: 1st job good experience
Cons: no chances of growth and promotion
First Job in life
Did my schooling from 8th to +2 in this school
Got an option to work in school where I studied
Computer department was run on private basis so there was no scope of growth
Hard working, focused workplace.
Teacher of Mathematics (Former Employee), Martham, ENGAugust 13, 2014
Pros: good holidays, working with young people.
Cons: long hours and you work in the holidays
Start at 7:45 finish school at 15:00 but work in your own time until 21:00. I have learned that no matter how many hours I work I will never get everything done. The hardest part is dealing with unruly children the best part is seeing the children succeed.

1 2 3 4