Secondary School Employee Reviews

very good ambition in work and successeful experience
Mathematics teacher (Former Employee) –  SousseFebruary 2, 2013
I ‘m very passionate about teaching mathematics and would be very excited to obtain a position at an institution that strongly values education
Helping students navigate their own learning process is one of my primary goals as an educator. I balance such explorations with direct instruction to ensure that course objectives are met. I infuse my classroom with a sense of joy and love of mathematics.
During my time as teacher in a diverse school I have developed a series of improvisational comedy games and exercises for use in my mathematics classrooms.
I firmly believe that it is vital to the success of my classes to create an atmosphere where everyone feels comfortable participating.
The goals of this are to help synthesize concepts in an engaging and dynamic way.
In the future, I will continue developing more improve techniques and games for use in the mathematics classroom
I have seen that students learn most effectively when they are engaged and participating in the learning process.
As such I often deviate from a more traditional lecture style format in favor of collaboration and discussion
For example the goals of the first classes were to explore what is meant by an equation.
I began by writing several expressions on the board
Such as 3 x+4=8 and 3=4 …. And I asked the student to vote on which were equations.
I asked I various students to explain the reasoning behind their votes and as a class we discussed some of the more contentious issues
I think that leading discussions and group work requires a great amount of preparation and leadership.
When my students are working
  more... in groups I am always circling through the room listening to conversations asking leading questions and guiding groups when necessary I paid attention to the group dynamic and draw out the timid students
I anticipate possible questions to fuel the discussion. I moderate this in such a way that everyone feels comfortable participating
In the future I would like to hone my skills as a moderator and have strategies to deal with this situation less abruptly.
Pros
free transport
Cons
health care social security
It is a good place as we can interact with each other particularly with other staff, we also having interclases competition at the end of the week day
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Kigoma Mucipality in Tanzania.July 21, 2012
I normally attend at work at 7.00 am sharp whereby i co-ordinate the student for cleanliness in the classroom and outside. At 8.00 am the studies commence. I learned a lot of things including interaction with my fellow teacher through sharing ideas. The School management is good as it provide equal opportunity in participating in various issues for both females teachers as well as male teachers.
In our school we have 14 teachers but my department (Biology & Chemistry) we are only four teachers. The hardest part of the job is during preparation of teaching and learning materials as mostly I want to make my student updated, therefore i normally spend most of he time studying various reference books, internet and other journals. The most enjoyable part of the job is when the set objectives have been met.
Pros
provision of tea, there is time for doing other activities after finishing school activities.
Cons
very easy to be terminated from work, embarassing when you work without payment for a long time, when the set goals are not met.
Work activity
Naval Architect (Former Employee) –  GenoaOctober 28, 2014
- Intact and Damage Stability for Commercial Vessels
- Inclining tests on Commercial Vessels
- CE Certification on pleasure boat under 24 m
- Basic Yacht Design (GA Plans, repair modification drawings, scantling calculations)
- Checking of designs for compliance with Class Rules
- Repair Supervision (mainly structural repairs)
- Malta Flag Commercial Yacht Coding: Survey, Statutory Certificates, Plan Approval, MLC on behalf of Transport Malta.
- Surveys on behalf of Charterers, including on-hire and off-hire surveys, damage surveys, and investigations. (Container Ships, Ferries and Tugs).
- Draft Surveys
- Loading-unloading Surveys of Special Heavy Cargos on Container Ships
- Cargo Surveys
- Assistance on Flag Surveys (Liberian, Marshal Island flags)
- Assistance on Insurance Damage and Accident Investgation
- Assistance on Pre-Purchase Survey of Commercial Vessels
- Construction Inspection of Oil Storage Tanks and x-ray interpretation
A typical Day at work
Advisor I, San Joaquin County Office of Education (Current Employee) –  San Joaquin County Office of EducationOctober 28, 2012
A typical day at work is to start the day on a positive note
communicate on daily tasks for the day, confirm required
day by day work requirments with managment. Ask
questions clarify, doubts about a situation or deadline to
be accompished.
Ask if day by day work hours are consistant or may change
to be able to be flexable if overtime is required.
Communicate with co-workers to keep open tasks clarified.
The hardest part of the job would be to satisfy customers
not happy with the regualations the company has posted.
I would stride to keep the customers happy with their purchase
and accomidate them to keep them satisfied.
Be honest to management when a conflict arrises and I may
need their help.
Pros
good working co-workers, that help each other as a team
Cons
information of overtime can conflict with staff.
I had created joyfull work environment together with my Colleague
Head of the department of Mathematics (Former Employee) –  Addis AbabaMay 7, 2012
I have been working for long period of time with different people of different thinking ability,attitude,and passion.What I have learnt is how much advantageous being with different people to share their idea,living practice,social and academic backgrounds.

If a good management system has been established for certain company or organization,all members are in a position to apply their potential to the work situation to be productive.

The difficult thing that one may face through life is that to provide satisfaction for all,though unlimited potential is supposed to applied.However,Anybody who wants to change his/her carrier need to work hard.This intern my enjoyable trip in my life.
Productive, secure and suitable workplace
Teacher of English language (Former Employee) –  Secondary/High school of #30, village Sist,December 10, 2013
my work day started at 8:00. what I did was preparing productive,, interesting and up to date lesson plans from grades 2 till 11, prepared, typed and printed all school documentations, translated many materials from English to Tajik, Tajik to English, Russian to English and English to Russian.
Did IT job in class as well, checking and fixing computers.
Grade 7th supervising instructor, prepared and conducted varous school events and cultrual events also.
my co-workers wer very nice and responsible people.
till end did not face up with any hard part of work.
i almost enjoyed all my job, but the most enjoyable when I did my task at time and when my stundents were proud of me and my teaching.
Pros
good conditions
Cons
short of opportunity to do more
PF,ESI,PT,LABOUR ACT
CLIENT CO ORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  CLIENT CO ORDINATORApril 2, 2015
PF, ESI, Shops and Establishment Act, Statutory record (Registers) maintenance, attending pf,esi,labour inspections, Professional tax, payroll as well.

PF: Registration to closure end to end activity
ESI: Registration to closure end to end activity
Shop & Estt: Registration to closure end to end activity
Labour: Both act (Central & State) handling end to end process like registration, renewal, half yearly return submission, Annual return submission, register maintanence.
PT: Registration and payment process once in six month.
Payroll: I can do a payroll without TDS deductions.
Productive teaching methods,4 floors,18 classrooms,one gym,one library
English Language Teacher (Former Employee) –  Kocani,macedoniaJuly 8, 2015
I start working at 7 in the morning till 1.30 in the afternoon when first shift,and when second shift I start working at 1.15 in the afternoon till 8 in the evening.I get along with all the employees in the school and I enjoy working as an English language teacher.The reason why I'm applying for this job is because I'm workaholic and I want to make my children's future better.For me there is no hard part of the job when you love your job.I enjoy teaching and this is what makes me happy.
This position was teaching at the University Level.
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  MOJanuary 16, 2014
I discovered that I am not suited to teaching at the University Level when I am not certain of the information. I drove 90 miles to teach in the evening while keeping my teaching job. I had over extended myself with my family and my job.
Pros
the pros in this position were that i had an experience of teaching at the unversity level.
Cons
the cons were that i over extended myself by compromising my other responsibilities.
progressive workplace and fun
head of agric (Former Employee) –  classroom and field workSeptember 3, 2014
i like to be occupied by work,i always learn a new things,i use to be very good at management,very friendly with my co-workers,the hardest part of the job is when my students are very large in number,and the most enjoyable part is that i learn new things while teaching.
Pros
i like free lunches
Cons
i also like short break and do take very good care of my health.
Good workplace
TAKSHILA MODEL SENIOR (Former Employee) –  INAugust 22, 2015
Busy day at work.
New teaching methods and teamwork
Management was strict.
Friendly and supportive co-workers
Workload was high. Too much pressure to deliver good result in board exams.
Was teaching 10th grade which was state board class. That was an enjoyable experience for me.
Pros
Free tea during lunch breaks
Cons
No free periods.
Day in Day out
Counselor (Current Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAApril 23, 2013
I prioritize my day and have a plan of the task and students I'd like to meet with throughout my day. However, I am flexible with situations that can happen at a moments notice that might need my attention at that time. I work with some amazing people and that is priceless to me. The support I recieve from then is great.
productive and fun workplace
Maths Teacher (Former Employee) –  georgetownFebruary 25, 2014
The school i worked at the students were excelling every school year especially in the maths and english department. the teachers there were very helpful and kind.
Pros
long lunches
Cons
no healthcare
productive and fun to be with.
Data Encoder (Former Employee) –  Cagayan de Oro City, PhilipinesMarch 12, 2013
i was a encoder at Department of Social Welfare and Development. i encoded all the names of beneficiaries and making payroll as well. i
Pros
aircon, good service
Cons
salary below the minimum
A good first job that taught me alot about leadership and the workplace
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAFebruary 12, 2014
As a teacher my workday consisted of early meetings and the teaching of 6 class periods in various subjects throughout the day.
It was a productive work place tha I got Experience.
Director and secondary School Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Afar and west ShewaDecember 6, 2013
Here I got experience of how to educate, train and supervise the the secondary schools.
full of cultural and moral values
Sefoe Senior (Former Employee) –  The Gambia, West AfeicaFebruary 22, 2013
Working environment very conducive and students appreciate teacher's values
Pros
no free lunch
Cons
short break without healthcare care
great
Magwi Senior (Former Employee) –  Magwi, South Sudan.May 31, 2014
It was a wonderful experience teaching in a foreign country.
Pros
teaching
Cons
exhusting, due to the large number of students per class.