SECRETARY OF STATE

SECRETARY OF STATE Employer Reviews

Monday thru Friday and mostly enjoyed the jobs.
liance TechComp (Former Employee), Helena, MTNovember 17, 2014
Pros: the staff and residents
Cons: not enough communication from management
The hardest part was the stress when state would come in to evaluate the nursing home on a yearly basis and when a complaint was filed against the nursing home.
The most enjoyable part was interacting with staff and the residents.
The Best Place to work!
Accounting Technician II (Current Employee), Nashville, TNOctober 22, 2014
Pros: fitness walk for 30 mins
Cons: na
A Great place to work. Take time out to enjoy fellowship with each other at the Company picnic and always willing to give a helping hand to make Tennessee a great State to do business.
Nice place to work.
Processing Assistant III (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCAugust 5, 2014
Stable environment with friendly staff and job security. Great place to work downtown.
Benefits, Flexible supervisors & peaceful work space
Image Processing Specialist (Former Employee), Boston, MAJune 18, 2014
There were highs & lows as with anything in life... I shall say working for the Commonwealth was a great learning experience. I shall carry the wisdom & experience with me for the rest of my life.
Was able to learn a lot at a fast pace
Database Coordinator (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 30, 2014
Pros: lots of work
Cons: micromanagement, too many meetings repeating the same things, asking staff to do work for outside entities
The work itself was great, but there was a lot of unnecessary pressure placed on the IT people. Nothing was ever right according to management, but yet they were able to get their work done after not being able to use the system(s) before we came on board.
Secretary of State
Summer Associate (Former Employee), Springfield, ILMarch 17, 2014
I learned a lot when I worked here because everyone was nice to help you along with your work.
Busy and Fun place to work at.
State Worker (Former Employee), Shelby Township, MIJanuary 24, 2014
Pros: always busy, time was flying by so fast.
Cons: the only bad thing was that my contract expired.
Very busy workplace, which I loved. I always like to be in motion and be busy. I loved working with customers, I have been in the banking business for over 23 years and then at Secretary of State and I was always in contact with customers. I have extensive customer service experience and I think with my customer service experience and language skills could be a valuable asset to any company.
Obtained a License
Notary Public (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 8, 2014
I would uphold the United States Constitution with regard to all legal signatures and verifying identity of signature.
challenging
Office Manager/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Springfield, ILOctober 27, 2013
Pros: good healthcare and chances for advancement
Cons: a little stressful at times
Worked closely with supervisors in other departments for a common goal. to assist customers.
productive and fun work place and learn new things
Motor Vehicle cashier/StoreKeeper (Former Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 22, 2013
Pros: networking with other people, etc
Cons: benefits
good customer service,learn how to make customers happy,manger is a great leader,love my co-workers,hardest part of my job is when computers break down,love being around fun people
Learned about registration and licensing
State Clerk (Former Employee), Sterling Heights, MISeptember 17, 2013
Growth in communication and issue resolutions in sensitive situations.
its a fun relaxing admoshere
Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee), Austin, TXSeptember 3, 2013
Pros: there is no one looking over your shoulder
A typical day at work is coming sorting mail and scanning incoming Fed-Ex, UPS and other carriers.
State Agency
HR Coordinator (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 11, 2013
Perks state holidays and flexible family time. Several state agencies for networking.
Very fast paced and fun place to work
Public Service Representative (Current Employee), Niles, ILApril 8, 2013
Pros: great work hours
Cons: short breaks
A typical day at the Secretary of State usually includes working with a large amount of seniors. They are always so nice and friendly. I learn something new everyday, The hardest part about the job is dealing with the many language barriers that come up.
productive and fast pace
Clerk (Former Employee), Bethalto, ILJanuary 9, 2013
Pros: 1 hour lunch breaks
Cons: the smell of the building
Typical day at work working at the DMV, handling a crowd of people, dealing with a wide variety of different types of people, making license, state ID's, and selling license plates.
I learned how to communicate better with others
Management was great and made the day go by quicker
Co-workers helped make the day go by faster. They were outgoing
Hardest part of this job was the long hours. It was my first time working for longer than 4 hours at a time
Most enjoyable part of the job was getting customers who were in good moods that lifted everyone's spirits,
Public Information Officer (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LADecember 12, 2012
The Secretary of State office is a very diverse and a place to work, grow, and give great service to the citizens of Louisiana. At the Secretary of State, you can utilize your talents in a variety of fields, including legal, commercial, human resources, elections and election support and outreach. The management at the Secretary of State requires the best from you and rewards often. Co-workers at the Secretary of State are friendly and team oriented, and are willing to help out one another in times of need.
Great Place to work.
Imaging Specialist (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAOctober 5, 2012
Somewhat tedious but I liked it because it was quiet and you can get your work done.
SLOW AT TIMES EXCEPT DURING ELECTIONS
Administrative Coordinator 3 (Current Employee), Ville Platte, LASeptember 26, 2012
A typical day at work consists of registering the public to vote, making changes to their records, working reports from various institutions in the state, and constantly preparing for elections. I have learned that in the working field it is best to keep an open mind and to take advantage of any new learning opportunities that present themselves. In addition to keeping an open mind when it comes to the workplace, it is also important to do so when it comes to co-workers. It is important to work closely with others, on the other hand, personal space and frame of mind is necessary to make it through the workweek and it continues to help relationships flow smoothly. The hardest part of my the job is during early voting and elections. Ten hour work days for seven days a week for early voting followed by a fourteen hour day for the actual elections makes it difficult when it comes to having small children at home and a husband that works away. Not to mention we have more than one election in a year. Dependable family and friends is a must when it comes to this time. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to work and interact with the public. Also, the excitement of the voting process and awaiting the election results gives that much more value to my job.
good
Account Revenue Manager (Former Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 21, 2012
overseeing projects and customer accounts making sure everything was correct.
Very quiet and conservative workplace
Student Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 3, 2012
Pros: long lunches and award ceremonies
Cons: i gave that department up to work in a facility :-(
I really enjoyed working at the downtown office of the Secretary of State. The managers and co-workers were always pleasant. I worked in personnel with a team of 3 of my peers, everyone else in our office was older so they spoiled us. We had plenty of office parties and work recognition. I enjoyed working hard and late hours for our department because I felt the appreciation in return. The hardest part would have to be the job deadlines, it seemed as if they were impossible to meet, but we did, so I guess it was inevitable stressful thinking.