SecTek, Inc

SecTek, Inc Employee Reviews

Its Great
(Captain) Site Supervisor (NASA (Former Employee), Chantilly, VAApril 7, 2015
SecTek is an excellent place to work. Excellent opportunities for growth, fosters team work and team environment. Training is second to none and opportunities for growth are endless.
GREAT COMPANY
Sergeant/Post (Current Employee), Washington, DCJanuary 23, 2015
NEEDS BETTER TRAINERS OVER ALL OK COMPANYWe offer a full range of benefits, including competitive salary, comprehensive health plan including dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance...
Great "people" job
Security/Corrections Officer (Former Employee), Seattle, WAJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: breaks and mealtimes are buily into a straight eight hour shift
Cons: not all posts are five days a week, some must be staffed 24/7
This is the kind of job you want to do if you like constant change and exposure to many different people. Atypical day for me begins when I catch the bus to the train station, already seeing new and familiar faces. Arriving at work I see about half of my colleges and get started right away. First I see the boss to receive the morning briefing, then its off to the various officer posts to distribute memos and, office supplies or fresh batteries for their two-way radio.
I meet many clients as I patrol the campus and provide relief for officers on break or lunch. The most exciting times are when a school field-trip comes to the National Weather Center for a tour. Each student is on a pre-approved list. Each must be signed in and given a visitor badge.
see alutiq
NASA (federal) Armed Security Officer (Former Employee), Greenbelt,MDJuly 2, 2014
Pros: see alutiq
Cons: contracted ended
please refer back to the alutiq response.Sectek governmant contract ended and alutiq took over
Educational and challenging experience.
Security Officer (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJuly 2, 2013
Pros: learning the inner workings of a federal government institution.
Cons: healthcare benefits, short breaks.
Interacting with various employees, contractors and customers. The best part of the job was the training and learning opportunities.
Military friendly
Special Police Officer (Former Employee), Washington, DCMay 18, 2013
Pros: good training
Cons: loss of contracts
I enjoyed working for Sectek. Warm people and an understanding for newly seperated military.
Various (Former Employee), Moffett Field, CAApril 30, 2012
Pros: pay was great
Cons: took attendance like you were in grade school
Often in the dark; just goes through the motions of work and never gets anything accomplished.

HR is there to support the powers that be and is not interested in the welfare of the employees

June 3, 2012

Ha Ha yeah that was the biggest joke I ever saw! I don't know too much about Sectek the company, but that crew of so called Lt's at Beal AFB were a Joke!

Beale AFB, yes very productive and fun place, I only used there gym several times.
My job Title: ( Entry Control Specialist). (Former Employee), Beale Air Force BaseJanuary 25, 2012
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Sectek Inc, very interesting company to work for very good people, excellent management crew always making sure we were all taken care of. I would work for them again if asked to do so no Question asked.