SecTek, Inc Employee Reviews

Decent place to work
Armed Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 1, 2017
Normal for Security company
Plenty of work hours , Not a very big company. Good with uniforms pays twice a month 10 & 25 . Paid holidays. Hiring process is smooth
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
SecTek is a good company to work for
Sergeant (Former Employee) –  Reston, VA 20190October 31, 2017
SecTek is a good company to work for. Management was ok
I never had any problems with Management. Workplace is a fun place to work. lunches was 30 minutes
had 15 minutes breaks. Healthcare was good
Pros
Healthcare is good
Cons
short breaks
Productive job an it's a stressfree work environment
Patrol Services, Security Escort (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAOctober 16, 2017
It's a good security company for a erson to just getting there feet wet in the carrer feild and the pay was good as well for parttime people but you could'nt do overtime at the site they place you on thats the part I didnt like
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Short breaks an no benifts for parttime emp
Great Place to Work
Protective Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Reston, VASeptember 29, 2017
I worked as an armed security officer for this company. The company is a great company to work for. They treat their employees very well. Compensation was accurate with the current job market.
overtime always available but never any set shifts.
Special Police Officer (Current Employee) –  Reston, VA 20190August 6, 2017
The supervisors do not know how to do schedules. they either never schedule enough people for a shift or over schedule people for shift.
Management is completely disorganized
Pros
lots of hours
Cons
disorganized management
Great Place
Armed Federal Contract Officer (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 22, 2017
One of the best work places. All for employees and great experience for people looking to get into law enforcement for a career.. Chance for advancements are quick.
Terrible Management
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  DC/VaMarch 24, 2017
Good luck working for this circus. If you have a problem, it will never get taken care of. Management is nowhere to be seen. Try calling HR/Payroll/Operations. You can leave a message everyday and never get a return call. They have lost 80% of their contracts, some because of the CEO being clueless and saying things to clients. Other just because they don''t know how to price a proposal. This is a sinking ship. They have managers overseeing other projects so they can save money, and think that their clients don't know. Grab a life jacket and head for the lifeboats.
Pros
Ha Ha
Cons
everything
do not work with them
Special Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAFebruary 10, 2017
Horrible pay thats if you get paid on time. Pay attention to you paychecks they do not like to pay overtime. Avoid company at all costs
No Stability
Unarmed Security Police Officer (SPO) (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 29, 2016
The companies contract workers and site managers can initially appear to be cool and professional. You find out very soon, they are the exact opposite
Pros
Scheduling can be accommodating but relief is habitually late without consequence.
Cons
No healthcare, perform full-time hours and kept at part-time employee status
Challenging work place.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 17, 2016
After getting to know the complex and atomospher knowing the tenants. Getting people to obey the rules of the complex made the job run with less tension.

I learned that the tenents were always right in almost any given situation.

Having my co-workers all working together and not against each other made the shift run smother.

The hardest part of this job was dealing with the all types of outsiders trying to gain access into the building.

Having a job to come to everyday and proctecting the tenants.
Pros
Working at a place where people respect you.
Cons
Health Insurance
A good company to work for
Security Officer/Instructor (Current Employee) –  Reston, VANovember 30, 2016
I have worked for sectek for eight years. I have found them to be a decent organization that treats the employees pretty well. The pay is competitive and the checks are always on time.
The company healthcare policy is pretty poor. But they now allow us to shop outside and get better (or cheaper) coverage. So they did fix my biggest complaint with this company.
Pros
consistent and reliable.
Cons
The company health care
Physical Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Washington City, DCSeptember 12, 2016
Sign in go to my post read my post orders and start work. I greet all the employees that's arriving to work signing in visitors if I'm at the desk at that time.
Pros
Good team to work with
Cons
Not the company it used to be.
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Reston, VASeptember 6, 2016
Once SecTek was a great company to work for. You felt that they cared for you as a employee, unfortunately not anymore. There is no room for advancement. The management for SecTek has completely fallen apart. Employees/managers are allowed to submit poor work and are not held accountable for their actions.
Excellent Company and work site.
Armed Protection Officer (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAAugust 23, 2015
A typical 8 to 10 hour day good working atmosphere. The hardest part of the jobs is just the inclimate weather we were one of the few companies who worked outside around the clock all year. I really enjoyed the visitors and the nature of the job itself along with my co- workers. The company was very professional. I enjoyed working for Secteck they are a very productive company
Pros
Good paying Good atmosphere.
Cons
Short breaks
Hard work standing all day with only to 30 minuet breaks to sit down
Armed Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Independence Hall in PhiladelphiaJuly 15, 2015
Outside in all kinds of weather dealing with the visitors at Independence Hall answering all their questions My co workers are very fine people and good to work with.
Its Great
(Captain) Site Supervisor (NASA (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAApril 7, 2015
SecTek is an excellent place to work. Excellent opportunities for growth, fosters team work and team environment. Training is second to none and opportunities for growth are endless.
No comment
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAFebruary 8, 2015
Enjoyed my job
How most of the jobs are the same, nothing new.
Management all the same
Co-workers all the same
Not being appreciated
Having a job to go to
Pros
Working
Cons
No respect
Great company
Sergeant/Post (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 23, 2015
NEEDS BETTER TRAINERS OVER ALL OK COMPANYWe offer a full range of benefits, including competitive salary, comprehensive health plan including dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance...
Great "people" job
Security/Corrections Officer (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 12, 2015
This is the kind of job you want to do if you like constant change and exposure to many different people. Atypical day for me begins when I catch the bus to the train station, already seeing new and familiar faces. Arriving at work I see about half of my colleges and get started right away. First I see the boss to receive the morning briefing, then its off to the various officer posts to distribute memos and, office supplies or fresh batteries for their two-way radio.
I meet many clients as I patrol the campus and provide relief for officers on break or lunch. The most exciting times are when a school field-trip comes to the National Weather Center for a tour. Each student is on a pre-approved list. Each must be signed in and given a visitor badge.
Pros
breaks and mealtimes are buily into a straight eight hour shift
Cons
Not all posts are five days a week, some must be staffed 24/7
see alutiq
NASA (federal) Armed Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Greenbelt,MDJuly 2, 2014
please refer back to the alutiq response.Sectek governmant contract ended and alutiq took over
Pros
see alutiq
Cons
contracted ended