SecTek, Inc Employee Reviews in United States

Excellent Company and work site.
Armed Protection Officer (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAAugust 23, 2015
A typical 8 to 10 hour day good working atmosphere. The hardest part of the jobs is just the inclimate weather we were one of the few companies who worked outside around the clock all year. I really enjoyed the visitors and the nature of the job itself along with my co- workers. The company was very professional. I enjoyed working for Secteck they are a very productive company
Pros
Good paying Good atmosphere.
Cons
Short breaks
Hard work standing all day with only to 30 minuet breaks to sit down
Armed Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Independence Hall in PhiladelphiaJuly 15, 2015
Outside in all kinds of weather dealing with the visitors at Independence Hall answering all their questions My co workers are very fine people and good to work with.
Its Great
(Captain) Site Supervisor (NASA (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAApril 7, 2015
SecTek is an excellent place to work. Excellent opportunities for growth, fosters team work and team environment. Training is second to none and opportunities for growth are endless.
Great company
Sergeant/Post (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 23, 2015
NEEDS BETTER TRAINERS OVER ALL OK COMPANYWe offer a full range of benefits, including competitive salary, comprehensive health plan including dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance...
Great "people" job
Security/Corrections Officer (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 12, 2015
This is the kind of job you want to do if you like constant change and exposure to many different people. Atypical day for me begins when I catch the bus to the train station, already seeing new and familiar faces. Arriving at work I see about half of my colleges and get started right away. First I see the boss to receive the morning briefing, then its off to the various officer posts to distribute memos and, office supplies or fresh batteries for their two-way radio.
I meet many clients as I patrol the campus and provide relief for officers on break or lunch. The most exciting times are when a school field-trip comes to the National Weather Center for a tour. Each student is on a pre-approved list. Each must be signed in and given a visitor badge.
Pros
breaks and mealtimes are buily into a straight eight hour shift
Cons
not all posts are five days a week, some must be staffed 24/7
see alutiq
NASA (federal) Armed Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Greenbelt,MDJuly 2, 2014
please refer back to the alutiq response.Sectek governmant contract ended and alutiq took over
Pros
see alutiq
Cons
contracted ended
Educational and challenging experience.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 2, 2013
Interacting with various employees, contractors and customers. The best part of the job was the training and learning opportunities.
Pros
learning the inner workings of a federal government institution.
Cons
healthcare benefits, short breaks.
Military friendly
Special Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 18, 2013
I enjoyed working for Sectek. Warm people and an understanding for newly seperated military.
Pros
good training
Cons
loss of contracts
Various (Former Employee) –  Moffett Field, CAApril 30, 2012
Often in the dark; just goes through the motions of work and never gets anything accomplished.

HR is there to support the powers that be and is not interested in the welfare of the employees
Pros
pay was great
Cons
took attendance like you were in grade school
Beale AFB, yes very productive and fun place, I only used there gym several times.
My job Title: ( Entry Control Specialist). (Former Employee) –  Beale Air Force BaseJanuary 25, 2012
Sectek Inc, very interesting company to work for very good people, excellent management crew always making sure we were all taken care of. I would work for them again if asked to do so no Question asked.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SecTek, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.