SECU Employee Reviews

Good look on your resume for a young person.
Video Teller Specialist (Current Employee) –  Linthicum Heights, MDOctober 16, 2017
Growing call center type of environment. For the job, and the amount of calls they expect you to pick up, they pay is terrible. Pay for me is what drove me out of this place. The chance for growing at SECU, this company will rather hire from outside.
Pros
Flexible if you are a student
Cons
The pay, the environment, overworked!
Decent job
Teller Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Linthicum Heights, MDSeptember 19, 2017
The people that work here are all very nice but it is a call center environment and the calls are timed. you'll basically have the same conversation 100+ times a day over 3 minutes with different customers. Some people really love it but it just isn't for me.
Great place to start your career
TELLER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Linthicum, MDJuly 30, 2017
A typical day is coming in and taking calls from members across MD. I've learned a lot about the banking industry. Management really works with you to get you acclimated with the job. I love my co-workers. The hardest part I sitting down all day. The enjoyable part is the people you work with.
Its ok
Branch Staff (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 7, 2017
I have worked for better, but I have worked for worse. Over worked and underpaid. Things change all the time. Good benefits, upper management doesn't know how it is to be a branch staff employee
Entry Level Position
Teller Services Rep (Current Employee) –  Linthicum, MDMarch 1, 2017
Great place to start a career in banking or finance. Schedules are flexible and very accommodating for college students. A typical work day is non stop busy but you get to engage with interesting people.
Family Oriented Environment
Items Processing Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Linthicum, MDDecember 22, 2016
SECU is very family friendly as well as understanding. They promote their employees to excel in life by offering Tuition Reimbursement.
Toxic
Manager (Former Employee) –  Linthicum, MDAugust 4, 2016
I was in the HQ office. The employees in the branches seemed happy, although frequently complained about the unattainable level of their goals. The HQ employees, however, were not happy. Many managers and senior managers could not be trusted to do what they promised. Salary increases were small or non-existent. Senior managers frequently tried to get employees to gossip about co-workers to get "dirt" to use against them. Employees often were fired with no reason or notice, therefore people worked in an environment where they feared for their jobs and would not take risks. Turnover was very high -- voluntary and involuntary. A toxic environment with toxic leadership.
Pros
Cons
Management cannot be trusted
Overwhelming workplace
Customer Advocate (Current Employee) –  Linthicum, MDJuly 12, 2016
Days are filled with back to back calls with little to none management availability. Everyday is a new day with a new learning experience. Coworkers are always energy filled and ready for a long day of work.
Decent work enviroment
Banker (Current Employee) –  Greenbelt, MDMay 3, 2016
Decent work environment. Long hours. Go for branches that are smaller in size .less competition for sales. Great place to learn how to sale in a consulting style.
Pros
Great co workers
Cons
Very low pay for job your doing, retail type banking goals
Avoid or you will regret
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDDecember 17, 2015
Worst Management. Majority of the Sr. people have been there for 20+yrs so they don't care. Day 1 of your job they will bring all the Sr. leaders to show they care but they don't. You won't get treated like human being. You have to work sometimes 55+ hrs a week. They do not care about your personal life. You get micromanaged almost every single hour of your life. If you are in a supervisory role then forget it, Working for them is like signing your life away. Just find out the details on how many people leave within a year( Make sure you ask for the # of people who have left and not for the %of people who have left). Hopefully this is more then enough information for anyone to make a simple decision.
Pros
You will start looking for jobs as soon you join this Org.
Cons
Too Many too list here
Productive fast paste call center job
Telephone Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 4, 2015
A fun fast paste job in a call center. Taking Banking calls from clients
and trouble shooting accounts. Co-workers help with trouble shooting
process. The hardest part of the job was working with clients about
overdrafts and loans.
Cons
No short Term Disability
Different classroom every day. It was an excellent job while my father was ill because it was flexible.
Financial Services Consultant (Former Employee) –  Lavale, MDOctober 25, 2015
Fair compensation, with flexible work. The staff at all of the schools were very helpful and accomodating. It worked for me when I needed a flexible schedule due to family illness.
was able to build a great relationship with staff and public
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  baltimore mdSeptember 23, 2015
very rewarding place to have worked learned not only from colleagues but the general public as well.
learned how to assist an array of people on different levels and assisted the company with feed backs on how to establish a better relationship with staff and pulblic.
Pros
it was a great opportunity
Cons
company was down sized
Great company to learn from and work for.
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 11, 2015
Very high volume of member attending the bank everyday. Great place to learn banking skills and the other employees where great to work with.
unpredictable work environment
Financial Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDJuly 28, 2015
The company has a great culture but a lot of changes are in effect that are impacts the work environment. Such as cutting back on employees causing a stressful and overloaded work day for underpaid employees
Pros
culture, benefits
Cons
short staff, poor management
I currently work here
Teller (Current Employee) –  Annapolis, MDMay 11, 2015
I currently work here and it is a nice place to work. Met many great and wonderful people. Many great people and is a fun place to work.
Call Center
Contact Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Linthicum MDApril 22, 2015
Answering Member questions about their accounts. I learned about the different loans and accounts they had to offer during the training.
Cons
low pay, had to work weekends when they wanted you to.
SECU get the job done.
Quality Control Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Linthicum, MDApril 20, 2015
During the time I started working for SECU, they cared about the welfare of the employees they made sure they had activities going to encourage us, we worked hard and learned a lot, (believe in cross training).
Teller (Current Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDMarch 18, 2015
....... SUCKED..... coworkers were pretty nice they just take a while to let you into there circle. Pay raise is like 10cents a year if that.. There are some bonuses if you meet quarterly goals, but for tellers they arnt that good. They just keep getting more and more strict on everything they do here even cutting back on giving kids loli pops.
Cons
manangment, short lunch
I enjoyed the pleasant work environment
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Linthicum, MDMarch 10, 2015
It was great company to work for. I enjoyed the people I worked for it was a great work environment and the company really cared about their employees

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SECU. Our community is ready to answer.