SECU

SECU Employee Reviews

I currently work here
Teller (Current Employee), Annapolis, MDMay 11, 2015
I currently work here and it is a nice place to work. Met many great and wonderful people. Many great people and is a fun place to work.
Call Center
Contact Service Representative (Former Employee), Linthicum MDApril 22, 2015
Cons: low pay, had to work weekends when they wanted you to.
Answering Member questions about their accounts. I learned about the different loans and accounts they had to offer during the training.
SECU get the job done.
Quality Control Coordinator (Former Employee), Linthicum, MDApril 20, 2015
During the time I started working for SECU, they cared about the welfare of the employees they made sure they had activities going to encourage us, we worked hard and learned a lot, (believe in cross training).
Helping the needs of SECU Members
Financial Services Representative (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCApril 4, 2015
Pros: Great benefits with a competitive 401k match
Cons: Location and drive to and from work
Monday through Friday the Credit Union is open 8:30-5:30. Much of the daily interactions with members as a Financial Services Representative is spent completing monetary transactions. These transactions include withdrawals, deposits and various payments to personal loans, mortgage loans and credit cards. Another role that I fill at the Credit Union is as the ATM custodian. As an ATM custodian I am responsible for balancing and making sure there is enough cash available for the 24/7 service time. As the day nears the end on certain assigned weeks I am also responsible for scanning transit checks, credit/debit tickets and daily tickets. Depending on the traffic of members in the branch there is some multitasking that is needed to complete these various tasks during the day. Overall I have thoroughly enjoyed my experience at the Credit Union thus far.
Teller (Current Employee), Hagerstown, MDMarch 18, 2015
Cons: manangment, short lunch
....... SUCKED..... coworkers were pretty nice they just take a while to let you into there circle. Pay raise is like 10cents a year if that.. There are some bonuses if you meet quarterly goals, but for tellers they arnt that good. They just keep getting more and more strict on everything they do here even cutting back on giving kids loli pops.
I enjoyed the pleasant work environment
Team Lead (Former Employee), Linthicum, MDMarch 10, 2015
It was great company to work for. I enjoyed the people I worked for it was a great work environment and the company really cared about their employees
Family friendly environment
Member Services Representative (Former Employee), Linthicum Heights, MDMarch 5, 2015
Pros: family environment
Cons: i can not think of any
A typical day at work is busy, I learned alot about leadership and every person can work together and be on the same page. The management staff were friendly, kind, helpful and leaders. No one has a perfect outcome, but for the most part everyone got along with each other and that is because you can not have that many woman in one environment daily and no one has a moment, but everyone respected each other. The hardest part of the job was when my contracted ended and the department was also shutting down. The most enjoyable part of the job was wanting to come to work each day.
Has great benefits
Property/Purchasing manager (Former Employee), Linthicum, MDFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: open market lunch room
Cons: lunch room always packed
There is a lot of hard working people who put in many hours.
Start time is around 8:00am for most workers.
There are a lot of team meetings
Fun place and professional at all times
Teller (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDDecember 20, 2014
Pros: member driven
Cons: very conservative in professional outlook and dress code.
It was fun to work there and help members. Members were seen as part of the institution.
Great entry level position
MD (Former Employee), Linthicum, MDNovember 20, 2014
Pros: free lunches, flex hours, great management
Cons: job security
I worked for SECU for 2 years before moving over to their "sister company" S3. It was a great place to work. It wasn't one of those jobs that you hated and couldn't wait until 5pm so you could clock out.
The work environment was very relaxed and chill. My managers were awesome, I could go to them for any reason whether or not it was work related.
Service first
Teller (Former Employee), Glen BurnieNovember 6, 2014
Pros: service, teamwork and i see the impact of my work.
Cons: i wish we were bigger.
I've been here for four years and love SECU's commitment to service. I worked with two big banks before and I can honestly say SECU treats our customers much better and we actually care about them.
Growing Midsized Non-Profit Credit Union
Loan Service Representative (Former Employee), Linthicum, MDSeptember 24, 2014
SECU is a very quickly growing Maryland Credit Union. I felt as if I was very much a part of the team, until my position was eliminated.
Fullerton Branch
Teller (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDAugust 7, 2014
Working at SECU was like going to high-school all over again. Everyone was in there social groups and the only way you got in was through valid gossiping. They compensate very well but money isnt more important than integrity.
Enjoyed working there.
Loan Officer NMLS (Current Employee), MarylandAugust 4, 2014
Pros: nice place to work.
Cons: low pay wages.
It is a nice place to work, however they do not offer good salaries and are moving towards a more corporate environment.
Great work experience
Teller (Current Employee), Millersville, MDNovember 12, 2013
When a member would walk in we would greet them and assist them with whatever it was that they needed help with.
Typical Day
Teller (Former Employee), Salisbury, MDOctober 15, 2013
A typical day at secu was great. everyone was always smiling. It started with a meeting of how the day was going to go and what we needed to focus on. Then we would be busy but we always looked out for everyone when it was time to take a lunch or a break. the management was always great.
Very nice work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Linthicum Heights, MDMay 21, 2013
Very nice work environment to learn about financial service options.

About SECU

We Are SECU. As Maryland’s largest credit union, we recognize the importance and impact of our mission to make a positive – Read more

SECU Salaries