SecurAmerica Employee Reviews

Terrible management, lack of communication
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 17, 2017
Some of the site supervisor are racist. Might be afraid that some one will be better at their job than they are. Unprofessional due to the lack of communication.
Pros
A job
Cons
Bad management
Not a good company
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Fairburn, GAAugust 29, 2017
They put the senior officers last. If you have been with an account longer than a new officer they do not care, they will not help you no matter how much you help them (covering extra shifts). Especially when it comes to the schedule. If you are a student or a parent and may have a change in your availability do not even bother asking them (management) for help. I asked my manager for a shift change and he told me to quit.
Easy money
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTAugust 28, 2017
As long as you follow the rules and come to work on time you will get hours. Very easy to pick up overtime. Security industry has a revolving door. You can be easily fired and easily hired. It's hard to get promoted. The pay was good but they do not give out raises. No 401k plan. Work is monotonous.
Pros
Good pay lots of available hours if you don't mind working everyday
Cons
poor healthcare plan, no 401k plan
Overall
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 17, 2017
They short your check. Higher up only shows up when things go wrong. Favoritism. Most of the people you work with is very nice,but some people will stab you in the back and smile in your face. If you are a kind person or get easily annoyed by things, do not apply for the job.
Pros
work 40 hours and have down times
Cons
nearly everything
Management is a joke
Security Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLAugust 14, 2017
Management is forced to micromanage their employees. Benefits are horrible and way to expensive for a family. Could never get straight answers from corporate/ HR on certain policies
Very Friendly Environment
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 9, 2017
The job sites that Management puts you at a lot of people usually have problems with the site managers because they feel like every new person is out to get their job.
Pros
excellent work environments
Great company to work for
SECURITY/RECEPTIONIST (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCAugust 9, 2017
Security in a building, staff very friendly. My supervisor has a open door policy and is willing to discuss any issue that you may have. Great place to work
Pros
Supervisor
Cons
no room for advancement
treated lower than housekeeping
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 6, 2017
at the site that I am at my supervisor does not have the officers back. The client treat the officer like they are nothing and the officers are not even allowed to have a break room for their lunch, no frig to put their lunch and if you want to eat lunch you have to eat in the housekeeping break area with the chemicals smells
company ethic
Security Officer - Battery Wharf Hotel (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 4, 2017
The company doesn't care too much about its workers. Underpays good staff. gives extra benefits to those knowingly doing wrong. Over works some staff, doesnt accomodate the needs of the entire staff just picks and chooses.
Hard to move up and grow
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Brockton, MAAugust 3, 2017
Its decent for what you need it for but if you're looking to grow or move up you may want to look elsewhere. They don't train employees and do not fight for better pay for certain work sites.
Interesting work envirionment
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 3, 2017
the site that I was assigned to was a fast and busy atmosphere. I worked at the front desk and checked in the clients and assisted tenants. granted access to locked suites and utility closets. assisted in safety requirements and post orders. wrote daily activity reports as well as incident reports. answer multi line phones.
Pros
great schedule
Cons
short breaks
not that great a place
Asst Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 31, 2017
IF you need quick money. go head and a apply. but at the end of the day. they don't pay that much and its not that fulfilling of a job, just apply here if you don't already have a job and then keep looking.
Typical day at work
Utility Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 27, 2017
Just started with them in early July 2017, and I must say they are a very good company with a few flaws. I've been in the industry over 11 years and still have to prove myself of my job that I'm capable of doing. Secondly communication needs improving between managers and office, managers don t even know when post need to be filled or there's a vacancy due to someone either being sick,fired, or the officer quit. But in other wards if you able to handle all the problems and not scared to make hard decisions you will have no problems. Only wish I would've seen most of there other sites before jumping into a position, but hey it's 40 hours plus and I have a job.
Pros
Manager available when you have questions
Cons
Most sites are not organzied and officers dont like the fact of training new officers
nice tenants
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 24, 2017
The tenants at my location are very nice and friendly. I look forward to communicating with them on a daily basis. They have embraced me as if I've been working there for 10 years.
Relaxed and can get busy
Security, concierge (Former Employee) –  Boston, MA 02110July 21, 2017
Nice place to work. Meet a lot of different people. Nice building to work in.

Nothing crazy and everything is taught once you're in board.

I would recommend
Not a bad job if you get a good site and supervisor
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 19, 2017
Typical day includes doing patrols on foot or golf cart, access control, customer service and responding to emergencies and complaints as they arise. Not a bad job if you get a good site and supervisor.
Meet great people
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 29, 2017
The best part of the job was getting to meet all different types of people from different backgrounds. Job was not as hands on as expected or was told.
Great
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 23, 2017
It is a great company but lack of benefits such as health care, vacation, and growth orientation. This is the reason that I am looking for another employment that offers more opportunities.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
health care benefit
No place to Grow
Administrative Desk Officer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 6, 2017
Its not a Place for growth its unorganized and unprofessional their benefits are terrible and the pay is awful and there supervisors are un qualified individuals that are terrible leaders.
Great Secure Workplace
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 2, 2017
Everyday consists of making sure the entire building and people coming and and out are safe.Greet all employees to enter the bulding for work at the buiding checkpoint.I learned that people like to know that they are safe.