SecurAmerica Employee Reviews

Good expereince
Physical Security Officer & Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 10, 2016
Opportunity to know a lot of peoples, the job was easy enough but it lacks of coordination. During my time there I learned different ways to deal with tenants.
Pros
Meets new peoples
Cons
Not chance to advancement.
You can pay the bills, horrible benefits.
Security Supervisor/Officer (Current Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 3, 2016
Nothing extraordinary. An easy job if you are professional but o not expect to be rewarded for that. You will not learn anything or improve your skills. Most of you co-workers are cool and it will be a pleasant experience to work with them.

Get something better if you can.

Literally you have low ranking officers with bachelors degrees and tons of experience doing simple minded jobs, meanwhile you have a bunch of incompetents in manager positions who can not even make a simple schedule or a report.
Pros
Yo can work an study.
New to the area
Account Manager of Security (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJOctober 28, 2016
The company is new to the area still in the setup process from my opinion. Still transitioning from a prior security company contract. Training was not set for new hires. Management seemed to have an idea and concept of what there goal was but was always awaiting approval from the client which changed various type from the actual contract. Officers lacked confidence due to client micro managing the security management. Hard part of the job was guidance from senor management along with miscommunication or no communication on various issues or concerns
SecurAmerica
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTOctober 8, 2016
SecurAmerica is one of the most prestige's security jobs out there in Connecticut. Also have some friendly and assertive security guards who are always willing to listen My co - workers would always give me advice on hwo the company works and always told me to keep covering shifts. There was really no hard part except when i worked for a bilingual site and everyone spoke Spanish. The most enjoyable part was being welcomed by staff and my other security guard who came to relieve me. Conversations became memories.
Pros
Friendly clients always looking to offer something whether its breakfast or money, Refrigerator near my post in case of dehydration.
Decent job
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Brockton, MASeptember 29, 2016
Job for entry level career moderate opportunity for position advancement with poor pay rate and poor benifits have went through terms with inexperienced management but have managed to keep things organized
Pros
Consistent hours
Cons
Low pay rate with little to no raises
Very productive and professional environment
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 26, 2016
Every shift came with it's own set of challenges which taught me how to problem solve on the fly. I learned that organization and follow through are essential if you want to be successful. Management and coworkers were all pretty positive but, weak links on the staff weren't necessarily guided on how to improve.
No place for communication
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 25, 2016
Hard to know what is going on at anytime, They lack communication, professionalism and any respect for guards.I would rather work in fast food than ever go back to that place again. I am better than that.
Pros
Cons
no raise
productive place to work and learn ok employees and management
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  ChicagoSeptember 10, 2016
i work for company over 8yrs its a ok place to work and learn new things advancement is offer if you put forth the effort and learn how to get away from the everyday gossip of coworkers. mangerment is ok once you get to know them they award the ones thats outstanding and deserving of it. pay is great! good company to start with and work around your school schedule.
Pros
Pay is great
Cons
coworkers gossip of others
Nope
Administrative Assistant officer (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTAugust 23, 2016
I was hired to work as a admin officer which the director of operations made up they gave me my salary and I also have my guard card they did not give me no work in what I was hired for and after a complaint due to their lack of communication I resigned the entire office is bs
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Short break
Productive workplace
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 20, 2016
Great staff as well as working environment. The associates are a pleasure to work with. SecureAmerica is a great company to an awesome company to work for.
Good Company
Site Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 11, 2016
I have just started but, the managers are good guys.
The employees I have met seem happy and that says a lot about the managers and the company.
Pros
flexable schedule.
Cons
short lunch break. (20 min)
too much trouble getting paid by this company.
Security Officer (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 1, 2016
My work itself I did enjoy going to work, but from day one they at first took 6 weeks to pay me what was owed when they took over, then all but one paycheck was wrong and I had to e-mail and continue to ask to be paid for hours worked they left out. Also they sent my check some place else on one pay day. I would never work for them again.
Pros
I was able to work with great supervisors in my building.
Cons
Securamerica does not care about it's employees.
The clients were accomidating
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 12, 2016
When I asked for days, they found a client for me. I paid for all except my uniform. Supervisors made regular checks. no raise the whole employment time.
Great Entry Level Security Position * 3 stars
Assist in new employee training (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 5, 2016
SecurAmerica is a wonderful company to work with. Security with a concierge feel it is truly a new security officer experience. The primary focus in addition to security is customer service. Property Management and my fellow co workers are courteous and very pleasant to work with.
I would not recommend this company
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJune 26, 2016
This company is a scam. They had me work a short period of time then questioned me until I said forget it. Now the manager will not answer the phone and someone has my check and no one will give it to me. I keep getting the run around be careful with these people
Pros
Pay, Quietness etc.
Cons
The company won't pay me
Awesome Job
Security officer (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 19, 2016
You will learn how to manage and greet people as they come in , Best way to learn costumer service and have the experience in it .
Needs More time to adjust
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJApril 29, 2016
Supervisor should talk more with the employees to figure out the best moves and changes. It would be a better work place if management pay more and stop messing up checks. Cause eveyone come to work for an check and we should have what we work for on time.
Okay job
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 26, 2016
Securamerica is gears towards people who don't have any security experience. They are very flexible and work with any schedule you have and they have a lot of over time when you need it
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 28, 2016
Since I have been employed here at SecurAmerica, I have no bad remarks to say. SecurAmerica values their employees. They continuously provide training for their guards. At this time I am currently a 110% club member. Although some of the guards have the attitude that they don't care and are only there to collect a pay check. These guards do not last however, If your are lookingfor 40 hours a week and sometimes some over time you can make good money.
Pros
Great company
Cons
bad apples
Absolutely no structure. Not well thought out.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Bainbridge, GAMarch 8, 2016
Gossip! No structure here. Driving around all night. 12 hours. No guard shack. No teamwork. Never sure what time or when I get paid. Lead officer discusses employees with others. This job contract was not well thought out. Everything seems like there is no one in charge. Employees have issues with no direct answers.
Pros
Cons
We have no guard shack. No where to go in bad weather. We drive around 12 full hours per night.

2.8