SECURAMERICA

SECURAMERICA Employer Reviews

Pleasent place to work, Great people
Security Officer (Former Employee), Miami, FLJuly 18, 2014
Pros: people
Cons: long hours
18 years, basicly same people, learned alot about managment
overall
security officer (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIJuly 6, 2014
Pros: its a job and its easy
Cons: you can be fired and not know why
good job to make money little to no advancement, but excellent for someone just looking a go between job.
little Pay poor management
Security (Former Employee), Orlando FlJune 30, 2014
Had to closest example of the Movie 12 years of slavery. I have never been apart of a company where lying is the only way to get ahead. It was a good ole boy system. That take contract for dirt cheap , pay there employees minunum. and
Relaxed yet Never the same
Security Officer (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJune 8, 2014
Great atmosphere to work in, management were friendly and kind.
N/A
Security officer (Former Employee), orlando, flMay 28, 2014
They were okay with pay. They are very good with scheduling though.
THESE PEOPLE ARE RACIST AND BIAS. NOT A GOOD COMPANY TO WORK FOR. THEY CHANGE THE RULES TO SUIT THEMSELFS. THEY LIE.
OFFICER (Former Employee), MT. JULIETMay 26, 2014
Cons: everything
Do not work here. They are the most dishonest company to work for. If they mess up your check, it takes months to get your money. The whole time I worked there my checks were never correct and I would have to fight to get my money.
SecurAmerica
Concierge (Current Employee), Boston, MAApril 8, 2014
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: low salary
It's decent company, management is decent, a traditional security company.
ok
Bus Driver (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 24, 2014
the company is a great place to work great manger great service on security office a great place to work
Very Flexible job
Security Officer (Current Employee), Boston, MAMarch 23, 2014
Pros: easy
Cons: stand for long periods of time
This job is very flexible if you are in school. This job requires no skills really. Pretty much all about access control. If you are looking for something more to utilize your skills than this job isn't for you. If you don't like doing anything than this job is for you.
Okay pay for the amount of work
Security Specialist (Current Employee), Boston, MAMarch 17, 2014
Cons: pay
A typical day at work consists of five tours both indoor and out, paper work and access management. I learned the importance of showing up to work on time consistently. Neither the management nor co-workers communicate well. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the weather. The most enjoyable part of the job was socializing with the pedestrians.
Flexable
1st Shift Lead Supervisor (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCFebruary 15, 2014
Pros: customer service
Cons: health care
A typical day at work is productive, meet different types of people often, and very friendly environment. Everyday I learn how to become a strong individual, how to work with different attitudes, as well as learn how to be supportive and open to different was to do my job effectively. The hardest part of my job is not knowing what to expect daily. The – more... most enjoyable part of my job is working with a group of people that is very helpful and work together as a team. – less
Management needs to learn professionalism
Security Officer (Former Employee), Boston, MAFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: nice uniforms
Cons: benefits, management, lack of responsibility and care the employees
Working for SecurAmerica was not all that bad in the beginning. They tend to forget to pay you for the hours you've worked, and the managers need to be more organized.Hardest part of the job was having to work 20 hours a week for almost 2 years after being promised a full time position that never happened.
Accounting Coordinator (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: free snacks
Cons: long hours
The culture of the business has changed in the last two years. Great company but limited personal growth
Phipps Towers
Desk Security Officer/ Concierge (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: the tenants in the bldg are so nice.
I enjoy coming in and meeting and greeting the new employees as well as the customers that come into the bldg for direction or assisting, it is most important to work together as a team to get the job done. my coworkers are wonferful people to work with, I lnow at the end of the day I've done a good job.
Good company to work for, but doesn't always provide enough work
Class D Security Officer (Current Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLJanuary 14, 2014
The management within this company works well with employees.
The provided employee benefits are mediocre at best. Pay is
above average for a Class D guard with some experience.
Awesome Place
Guest Relations (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 11, 2014
Pros: fast pace
Cons: lack of hours
I really love it here. The clients are so welcoming. The building non stop which is great, not a big fan of down time.
Overall, all places I've work at is Productive with many different people
Security (Current Employee), Boston, MANovember 28, 2013
Pros: free food at the hotel, get to meet new and different people and the experience of working at different places.
Cons: i am a part time at the company so i don't have a lot of coverage.
*A typical day at work is to fill out an "Activity Log" have to be fill out. Lobby or Office have to be monitor at all times. Report any unusual activity and fill out an "Incident Report" and send it to the Office.
*I am a People Person. I like to joke around to make people smile to make their day better and can still keep it professional. I've changed – more... ever since I started this Security job. I learned how to talk better. I went from "What's good" to "Hello, Sir and Ma'am". I've learn to take this job serious. More serious than every other Fast Food positions... I've learn how to be mature and how to do my work right and there's nothing wrong on asking for help from time to time
*The management try to be fair but I guess that's how a job is. Sometimes a person have to stay at a work site for more than 24hours.
*Some of my co-workers are much more quiet than others. I am a people person and like to put a smile on people's face but I also do my job at the same time. But I've learn to work and cope with many and different people
*I remember the hardest part of my job was my 1st time working at the Intercontinental Hotel, I was very nervous because it was a surprise and a very big experience. Big expectations and had many CEOs and big Bosses there from different events observing how I do was nerve racking. I noticed at one point I was so nervous, I started sweating and all I did was to smile. It was a 5 days event and the next day, I came in with a big change. I smiled a lot more and started conversations. At that moment on, I was proud of myself for that change.
*Every time there's an event at the Intercontinental Hotel, all the guests have a badge to be part of the event. One of my job was to ask the people that didn't have a badge to go get one at the Registration table. I stopped the General Manager of the Hotel because he was walking around without a badge and I didn't know who he was at the time. I approached him and said, " Excuse me Sir. Do you have a badge?". That's when he told me he was the General Manager of the Hotel and Thank me for doing my job. That moment on, I was very happy and proud of myself for doing my job right. He definitely made my day and I felt the encouragement to continue doing what I do. – less
N/A
SECURITY OFFICER (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 26, 2013
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
IT COULD BE BETTER AND ITS NOT THE COMPANY ITS THE LOCATION THAT IAM AT.
great core values within the company
Site Supervisor (Current Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 28, 2013
Pros: supervisors are always available
Cons: n/a
Great security company to work for, really invested in the employees!
favorites
Security Officer (Former Employee), New Hartford, NYSeptember 23, 2013
The job was good....certain members were favored than others...some did not do there job proper and were praised....one had a sexual harassment case against him....nothing got done but a 2 day suspension....supervisor did things he should not have and is still there.

1 2 3