Secure Mission Solutions

Secure Mission Solutions Employer Reviews

Good Company
Help Desk Technician (Current Employee), Reston, VAMay 1, 2014
Overall I'd say this company is what you would expect from an IT service. A typical day at workas involves helping about 30 customers resolve IT related issues that are never the same. I've learned a great amount in terms of IT troubleshooting and resolving IT issue via remote connections. Mangment seems to micro-manage a great deal and the rules and – more... policys are constantly changing. The hardest part of the job would be the constant updates to the policy's. They change from week to week and because of the amount of work we do it's diffucult at times to review all these changes. – less
A great team and a company that doesn't consider you just a number number.
Network Engineer (Current Employee), North Charleston, SCMarch 4, 2014
The company emphasizes furthering education and knowledge of field through tuition assistance and certification reimbursement.
A well experienced and motivated staff makes for an enjoyable work day.
Communication from management could definitely be improved.
Everyday I am learning something new.
Good work environment
Remote \ Software Packager \SCCM 2007 - 2012 (Current Employee), N. Charleston, SCFebruary 18, 2014
I enjoyed working at this company and was hoping job was extended.
Overall good work environment, culture
Government Property Administration Manager (Current Employee), Charleston, SCFebruary 15, 2014
Fast paced with high expectations for individual levels of performance.
Great Place of Employment
Configuration Manager (Current Employee), Charleston, SCNovember 4, 2013
Family Friendly Company, great management, work location, gives individuals a chance to prove skills and provides training.
Oppressive, Seat of the Pants Management
Withheld (Current Employee), WithheldMarch 31, 2013
Pros: great benefits. fair pay
Cons: they do not follow cmmi 3 process management. they do not care about their front-line employees.
Training promised, but not delivered. The threat of termination is ever-present. SOP's and procedures are by daily edict - no cataloguing, no change management, no peer reviews; if a person with the word "Manager" in their title writes it, it is law, no matter how flawed, illogical or contradictory to yesterday's edict.
At the peon level, there is a – more... lot of comeraderie and teamwork. This is partially due to the unifying effect of the threats from above.
Personnell working overseas get no housing allowance, relocation allowance, or cost of living allowance - as most other contractors overseas do. Time spent moving in to local economy housing must be made up, or booked as PTO. – less

June 29, 2013

If SMS wants to play like the big boys, get rid of the middle managers who do not care about the worker bees. Two years I spent with the company I witnessed management lie, ignore facts, and left our group hanging in the wind for almost six months wondering what the status of our contract was. There is too much nepotism in the workplace so if you try to voice your opinion, you quickly get tagged as the bad employee. I would NEVER recommend this company to anyone.

Great Small Company, but after the bottom line
Senior Web Application Engineer (Former Employee), Reston, VAMarch 22, 2013
Great Coworkers, Management does not listen to employees about concerns. When it suits SMS they will let you go and not even stand up for the employee.