Securian Financial Group Employee Reviews

Beige
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJanuary 8, 2017
Securian is a very beige company. The cubicles are beige, the average workday is beige, and most of the people are beige. This consistency is attractive to many people and suits their desire for regular, known work but is smothering for anyone with creativity and a need for variety. Securian rewards tenure above rank or ability which is frustrating and unappealing for bright, new talent.
Pros
Decent vacation time, opportunity for advancement
Cons
Stuffy culture, outdated benefits
below average
Contact Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNMarch 21, 2017
Very structured to the point of felling like a robot. Lots of favoritism in the department I worked in. Probably a great place if you start when your young not in your late 40s
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
paying for parking downtown.
Productive workplace
Administrator Retirement Plan Services (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNDecember 27, 2016
I've enjoyed working for Securian for eight years, a typical day at work consists of data entry, verifying information, auditing payroll files, determining eligibility of participants, and mostly computer based work. My current supervisor is the best supervisor I've had in any position I've been in, she's understanding, and easy to work for, she makes my job pleasant. I would say my co workers are hard working, with a lot of personality differences, but all in all we are a good team. The most enjoyable part of my job would be when it is busy, it makes the day fly by. The hardest part of the job would be the attention to detail, triple checking that everything looks correct before it passes my desk. In my position I have learned the importance of my role in this company, our participants depend on us to do a great job, no matter how small our role seems, we are all equally important to produce great results for our clients.
Pros
well paid for our jobs, annual bonus, paid holidays, recognition free lunches
Cons
healthcare benefits
Not worth it.
Senior Corporate Security Officer (Former Employee) –  St. Paul, MNMarch 6, 2016
Worked here for a while and was a joke. Tell you that you will train on your shift but you end up training on all shifts so if you need a family balance this company isn't worth it for Security. I pulled some weeks 50 plus hours and didn't have a choice. There pay system is wack also. Pay says salary but it's not roughly 16 an hour. Have to pay parking also. I got harassed my first week and the company didn't do anything. Said they would find a different position for me and didn't.
Pros
The Money is good for Security, command center is sweet.
Cons
Work most Holidays, long hours, security staff is old, all 3 managers are a joke.
Securian Financial Group Serves Millions of Policyholders
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNSeptember 20, 2013
Per their website:

Securian's national network of financial advisors provides sophisticated financial planning services to individuals and businesses.
They are the fourth largest direct writer of group life insurance.
The nation's top banks and credit unions offer our products, and they're America's number one provider of mortgage life protection.
They are a premium provider of flexible annuity and retirement plans.
Advantus Capital Management, our investment affiliate, manages billions in assets.
Great Place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Paul MNJuly 30, 2013
This was a wonderful place to work. People were great to work with and the attitude about the company was always positive by everyone that worked there. Hours are usually flexible with is always helpful.
Pros
Were recognized often for doing well
Cons
parking in that area is very expensive
The Company is one of the best!
RVP - Sr. External Wholesaler (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNOctober 13, 2015
The company itself is a wonderful company, it is very financially sound, they offer wonderful benefits and a very independent work environment.
A great, friendly place.
Senior Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJune 1, 2015
Everyone is really nice, personable and friendly. Work / life balance is phenomenal. Securian really cares about their associates.
Awesome place to work with amazing benefits
Financial Operations Sr Administrator New Business (Former Employee) –  St Paul, MnMarch 12, 2014
Best place I have ever worked!!! Wonderful training!! Amazing people to work with! Lots of room to grow!
Great opportunity for the right person
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNMarch 31, 2014
Solid company with continuous growth opportunities. Lots of on-site training and constant evaluation of internal processes.
Financially strong, employee focused cmopany
Annuity Customer Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 28, 2013
Securian has a very good work life balance and they are focused on their employees as well as their clients.
Solid financials
Consulting Internal Auditor (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNAugust 12, 2014
Good place to work. People hold positions for a very long time so there is not a lot of brain drain.
Nice place tp work.
Stock Clerk/Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Graphic ServicesJuly 2, 2014
Productive and good place to work. Worked for 31 years. coworkers very friendly.
Good
Prepress Operator (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNMay 8, 2014
Preps customer's file and get them ready for proof and setup to digital press or offset press.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Securian Financial Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Securian Financial Group Reviews by Location