Reporting to the Software Development Manager, the Software Engineer is responsible for developing functionality for a biometric security system. Candidate will be working with a team to design, implement and test software used in requests of services to extract and / or input data from / into a database. Understanding of waterfall and Agile based software development required as program employs a hybrid based approach to the software development lifecycle. Candidate must be proficient with MS Windows. The candidate must possess strong written and verbal communication skills
Position Description & Responsibilities:
- Plan, coordinate, implement Software development activities.
- Configure an integrated development environment, executing builds, and deploying artifacts.
- Designs, develops, documents, tests, and debugs software that contains logical and mathematical solutions to business/mission problems or questions in computer language for solutions by means of data processing equipment.
- Applies the appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and tools throughout the development life cycle.
- Applies knowledge of computer hardware and software to be programmed in business/mission applications
- Corrects program errors, prepares operating instructions, compiles documentation of program development, and analyzes system capabilities to resolve questions of program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques, and controls.
- Ensures software standards are met.
Required Skills: C#, C++, Java, Soap, Web-Services, SOA concepts, XML, DB. Experience with object oriented programming (OOP).
Desired Skills: Data mining, Business Intelligence (BI).
Education: Bachelor’s degrees from an accredited college in a related discipline
Experience: 4 years of professional experience; or 2 years professional experience required with a related Master’s degree. Considered experienced, but still a learner.
Indeed - 17 months ago