Securitas Security Inc

Securitas Security Inc United States Employee Reviews

A productive and great work environment
lieutenant officer (Former Employee), Pooler, GAApril 22, 2015
Pros: great staff
Cons: no cons
Patrol industrial and commercial premises to prevent and detect signs of intrusion and ensure security of doors, windows, and gates. Answer alarms and investigate disturbances. Monitor and authorize entrance and departure of employees, visitors, and other persons to guard against theft and maintain security of premises. Write reports of daily activities and irregularities, such as equipment or property damage, theft, presence of unauthorized persons, or unusual occurrences. Call police or fire departments in cases of emergency, such as fire or presence of unauthorized persons. Circulate among visitors, patrons, and employees to preserve order and protect property. Answer telephone calls to take messages, answer questions, and provide information during non-business hours or when switchboard is closed. Warn persons of rule infractions or violations, and apprehend or evict violators from premises, using force when necessary. Operate detecting devices to screen individuals and prevent passage of prohibited articles into restricted areas. Escort or drive motor vehicle to transport individuals to specified locations and to provide personal protection. Inspect and adjust security systems, equipment, and machinery to ensure operational use and to detect evidence of tampering. Drive and guard armored vehicle to transport money and valuables to prevent theft and ensure safe delivery. Monitor and adjust controls that regulate building systems, such as air conditioning, furnace, or boiler. (Contact Info: Manager-Tony Mack
Great company to work for
Security Supervisor (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCMarch 8, 2015
Pros: hands on management, great hours and locations to work
Cons: 30 minute breaks, no health benefits
This company cared about us! They took very good care of us. Management and office staff were always available, they supplies us with food, provided us with fill in coverage when needed. They provided us with necessary supplies and equipment. I would definitely work with this company again.
intresting
Security Receptionist (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAFebruary 23, 2015
Working as a security guard is great depending on the post you are assigned to. Overall Securitas is a great company to be with.
good place to work
Security Guard (Former Employee), Tucson, AZJanuary 12, 2015
didn't really have to be supervised much wherever your posting was.
great company
Security Guard (Current Employee), New York, NYDecember 7, 2014
Pros: union at almost every site
Cons: short breaks
good people to work with
count people who bypass entry
watch cars
its a job......
Security Officer (Current Employee), Orange, CAOctober 19, 2014
my site is about whos been there longer not who can do the job. This compny will always believe the client not you.
great work environment
Security Officer (Former Employee), Signal Hill, CAJune 25, 2014
the management for this company really cares about their employees. no room for advancement
Hard Worker and I enjoy My job
Security Officer Supervisor (Former Employee), San Jose CaJune 8, 2014
Pros: working on computers
Cons: medical insurance to high
I Like to work with every body and also what makes me happy is when there is something new to learn. My typical day is coming to work and be ready to expect either a bussy or a slow day.

I learned From managment alot of computer skills and how to be profecional.

Co-workers we get alone work team is first than everything else.

The hardst part of my job is when I have to cover any unexpected open post and no one is available or any situation where I have to Investigate and do IRIMS Reports Such Theft, Lost and Founds or Vehicle accidents.
not productive
Security Officer (Former Employee), Ontario, CAApril 21, 2014
Cons: no time for breaks
touch environment to work
do your best
not impressing
good to work with
closing hour
Great Place to Work
CTA K-9 Back-up Response Officer (Former Employee), chicago ILMarch 26, 2014
Pros: great place to work
Great Employer, With Outstanding Opportunity's of advancement With Great Co-workers
excellent place to learn
Security Officer (Former Employee), San Marcos, CAFebruary 12, 2014
Pros: no pros
Cons: no cons
patrol designated areas. stay alert and watchful of my environment.
Job is boring but sometimes interesting
Armed security officer maintaining a high level (Current Employee), Shelbyville, IndianaFebruary 7, 2014
Pros: hours are good. no weekends
Cons: bordem
Would like to work in the graphic design field. I feel like I accomplish things when I'm creating.
They do not take care of their employees
Security Officer (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJanuary 18, 2014
Whatever you do, dont get hurt on the job. You will be out a couple thousand dollars and then lose your job. Oh and if you get pregnant while working there, expect to be forced to "voluntarily resign" because they wont give you hours because your too much of a liability.
Partoling Premises
Unarmed Security Guard (Former Employee), Farmingdale New YorkJanuary 14, 2014
Parking Lot Patrol
Monitor CCTV
Check and Secure Doors
Checking cards and ID's, monitoring metal detectors.
Securitas are a Joke !!!
security officer (Former Employee), doncasterNovember 3, 2013
Cons: never get paid right
iv worked for this firm for 4 years .Well not too sure where to start here. you never get paid correctly the managers are a waste of space never do anything to help staff at airport we had to do split shifts start at 3.30 to 9.00 am then back at 1600 to 2200 and they want you to go back at 3.30 next day no overtime pay or anything .its like working at kindergardens no go there
Securityjob
Security Officer (Former Employee), Richland, MSOctober 2, 2013
Pros: night schedule, 4 days a week work schedule
Cons: management changes, no benefits
Working in various locations. Having a night schedule was awesome. A typical day was signing in, walking the grounds to ensure that there was nothing going wrong. My co-workers was okay for the most part. The most enjoyable part of the job was working alone but with another officer present, just in a different location.
Think about it before you do.
Officer (Former Employee), OrlandoSeptember 28, 2013
Pros: nothing
Cons: you scratch my back and i'll scratch yours!
I transferred for another branch from another state. The office their was great. But when I transferred to Florida, I couldn't believe what was done. Before my transfer I was told I would keep same rate of pay, seniority, and get the same hours (40). When I started I was put at minimum wage, lost seniority, and got 24 hours a week. I asked about why the minimum wage and they told me (new hires and transfers start at that rate. Then I asked for how long and was told it would be for the next 6 months. Then what topped it all off, I told the office that family was coming down to Florida and needed the time off. I put in for it when I started about 3 months down the road. Then when the day arrived, I asked why I was on on the schedule and they told me that it was a need situation and could not have the time off even though no one else at the sit was off the days requested.
My typical workday
Security Officer (Current Employee), dallas txSeptember 11, 2013
I arrive on the post ,and I'm briefed on the pass down for the day. then I receive the equipment, such as keys and cellphone. Then I monitor the building and the parking lot area. I control the access in and out of the building for both employees and visitors. also I make hourly rounds in the building.
Productive fast paced learning experience.
Security Guard (Current Employee), Flint, MISeptember 5, 2013
Great company to work for. Management always there to assist if needed. Great pay and benefits. Long hours but well worth it.
Challenging
Security Officer (Former Employee), Memphis, TNAugust 12, 2013
Professional environment
New skills learned daily
Management on site
Sopportive Co-workers
New opportunities to learn and grow daily

1 2 3