Securitas Security Inc Employee Reviews in United States

Terrible company to work for.
Loss Prevention Officer (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 17, 2015
lack of professionalism, lack of training for employees as well as field mgt. over all terrible company. Post supervisors are inept and completely under trained for the positions they hold. Company does not support employees when they are forced to make quick decisions that could involve life or death. Compensation is pathetic. less than living wage. for some postions that could put officers in harms way. You get what you pay for. and this company pay is offensive to professionals.
Employee
Security officer (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJOctober 13, 2015
People have been working for Securitas Security for 2 or more years and are still not getting full time hours. Then when they want to leave the managers get upset. They need to show their dedicated employees more attention.
Pros
great hours and benefits
Cons
need more full time for employees
Great place
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAMarch 23, 2016
I enjoyed working for securitas. I was able to get on the job training, so i was very prepared and trained to work. The staff was very friendly
I enjoy a Fun and Challenging work place that has Core Values and Team Oriented.
LEAD OFFICER - Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 15, 2015
Supervised & Trained Security Officers for Highly secured badge access accounts. Ensured Client Post Orders & Safety Manuals were updated in accordance with Current Regulations. Responsibilities involved Scheduling personnel coverage and Scheduling Patrol Assignments for Shifts 1st, 2nd and 3rd. Security Officer maintained full Interior/Exterior perimeter patrols, Monitoring 64 Closed Circuit Television Cameras.
nope
Armed Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 26, 2015
Horrible place to work. pay sucks for the work being done. Management is horrible and its not just LA but its the same all over the world. horrible company who do not care about their employees.
horrible !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAAugust 22, 2015
company is unprofessional ! NO BENEFITS !!! THEY HIRE ANYBODY !!!!! co-workers have lack of communication ! THEY POST THEY ASIGN YOU ARE UNSAFE AND IN BAD NEIGHBORHOODS
Pros
nothing
Cons
EVERYTHING
Look for work somewhere else
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Orlando FLJuly 17, 2015
No advancement. only if you are Military or former Police. you are a pawn or number to the team. Discriminating company. Nothing is kept personal. Everyone knows your business even if it is someone new working for the company
Pros
Overtime hours
Cons
they do not like to pay for overtime and keep your money
Great company to work for
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 8, 2015
This company cared about us! They took very good care of us. Management and office staff were always available, they supplies us with food, provided us with fill in coverage when needed. They provided us with necessary supplies and equipment. I would definitely work with this company again.
Pros
hands on management, great hours and locations to work
Cons
30 minute breaks, no health benefits
Pathetic management that's all about money
Console Operator (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCSeptember 8, 2015
Worst company I've ever worked for in my life! All they care about is money.They don't care nothing about their employees. I worked the same hours, at the same rate, and my check was NEVER THE SAME! They are crooks! I should sue like many other workers do. Pathetic people running a pathetic company. What a bunch of cornballs!

Oh, btw, STAY AWAY AT ALL COSTS!!!!!
Pros
I no longer work there
Cons
Haha! Where do I start?!
productive
security guad (Former Employee) –  brooklyn new yorkSeptember 15, 2015
a productive day for me at my job was watching out for the for out of the ordinary things.my daily walk routines to make sure my building was secure in I order as it should be also a day at work is to maintain focus do what have to to do continue to be responsible watch out for the dangers in response to any problem that surfaces
Pros
being comfortable being in a cool place
Cons
short breaks in studying the cameras
poorly structrured and almost impossible to advance.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 10, 2013
The management is completely disconnected from the employees. I haven't been able to move up to other positions even though I'm qualified because for me to be released from my site, my site manager must release me first and he won't. I needed a letter to verify my employment for an apartment, I put in the request in January and I have not received as of yet and it's been 7 mos. I haven't received a raise in the last 3 years since I've been there. Not a good employer.
punctuality
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 29, 2015
getting trained and being punctual makes this job easy to accel at. documentation and being informed as well asbeing informative can get you promoted fast
Pros
meeting new people
freindly environment at work
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 30, 2015
standing post, check ID's. secure property. provide directions to visitors. you meet great mangers that actually cares about there employees
Cons
no benefits lots of standing on your feet for more then 8 hours a day.
ok company to work for as a stepping stone
Security Guard/Patrol Officer (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 25, 2013
This company displayed unfairness in a lot of areas..no raises for some people for over 8 years while management continued to get yearly bonuses and perks..they didn't promoted within the company as they should have(they would hire new guards and place them on higher paying post instead of giving the older guards the opportunity to advance on the higher paying post)..
Be careful what you say here---so called friends will rat you out.
Former Security officer (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids,MichiganMay 10, 2013
I really liked working here until i found out you have to be cautious of what you tell other officers because they will use it against you and rat you out.
What i said there actually played a part in me losing my job.
I could have done the same and told management about how the other officers often broke company policy and got away with it,but i did`nt want to dish any dirt.
Now i have to try to live on unemployment and disability pay until i find another job.
What goes around comes around,and you all know who i`m talking about.
Pros
some down time.
Cons
no healthcare, no benefits.
big company with vast experience in security operations.
Security Officer/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 6, 2015
Very professional company with outstanding service. Love the fact that they have competent managers and administrative staff running this establishment.
Productive, very active
LA County Sheriff Contracted Employee (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles CAJune 9, 2015
Search all employees through metal detectors, answer phones, ensure all probation staff had proper identification; traffic control to make sure visitors had a direct contact to be on the premises. Give badges and keys to employees entering to start shift
Pros
Good money when pay rate is good
Cons
You get 2 15min breaks, employees are nice, some post you cannot leave for lunch
Securityjob
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Richland, MSOctober 2, 2013
Working in various locations. Having a night schedule was awesome. A typical day was signing in, walking the grounds to ensure that there was nothing going wrong. My co-workers was okay for the most part. The most enjoyable part of the job was working alone but with another officer present, just in a different location.
Pros
night schedule, 4 days a week work schedule
Cons
management changes, no benefits
Productive fast paced learning experience.
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Flint, MISeptember 5, 2013
Great company to work for. Management always there to assist if needed. Great pay and benefits. Long hours but well worth it.
Different
Training Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lehi, UtahApril 9, 2013
A typical day at work for me was training new employees, making slide shows for training and keeping up on updated training for employees and making sure employees were doing their jobs correctly and were properly trained. I learned that everyone learns differently. My coworkers overall were very good and easy to work with. Management was very unorganized and not very good to their employees. The hardest part of my job was constantly having to be on my toes to ensure no one did anything wrong knowing that that fell on me. The most enjoyable was when they did it right especially in emergency situations and knowing that my training worked.
Pros
helping people learn.
Cons
constant pressure, no positive criticism.