Securitas Security Inc Employee Reviews

Steady Work
Security Officer/Unarmed (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 15, 2017
Securitas is a great place to work if your just starting out in security field. they will train you to become a professional at your job. The Management will help you when the get to know you, and you can quit today and return tomorrow, if your a good worker.
Pros
Steady Work
Cons
Don't always advance you if female so quick
Good Starting Job for an inexperienced person.
Secuirty Officer (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTMarch 1, 2017
A typical day doing security for this company consisted of, filling out a log book with a report, checking on the property we were assigned to that day. always being alert of suspicious activities.

I learned a lot about how to read someone's disposition and body language. I also got hands on experience with interacting with many different types of people.

The management could have been more flexible, but they did work with me more often than not, which I appreciated.

The hardest part of the job was definitely the odd hours that was I was scheduled to work.

The most enjoyable thing about the job was being able to learn hands on about the security field.
Pros
Location Changes
Cons
Off hours Shifts.
It was such a great place to work. All the sites were pretty fun and all the guards were easy to communicate with.
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 27, 2016
A typical day at work was full of interacting with the clients or guest depending on what site i was at. My coworkers were always great. I wouldn't leave the company if hours were available.
Pros
Reasonable lunch breaks and manageable hours
Cons
Shortness of hours
If you need money
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Marlton, NJDecember 15, 2016
They overwork you. If you are the type of person that loves to work go to this job. they have plenty of hours to offer. the communication sucks, alot of the contracts with securitas try to get you fired.
Security Field
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJDecember 14, 2016
Securitas is a god company to work for if seeking a job within the security field. The company does have flexible hours for employees to choose from when making a schedule.
Pros
flexible schedule
Great place to work.
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WANovember 18, 2016
I got to help people stay safe and report anything that I found unsafe for anyone on the premises. The company was really helpful with anything that I needed.
Getting to know people
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 21, 2016
The job usually is the same everyday. Being alert and keeping a watchful eye on company property. Knowing that employees are depending on me; whether it's a storm warning or a suspicious vehicle in a parking lot. I am not able to take the matter into my own hands; we are not cops. I don't carry a weapon, but I do have the training to know who to call and not to be too quick to judge.
Pros
free uniforms
Cons
sometimes repeticious
Enjoyable working here
Lieutenant (Former Employee) –  Nogales, AZJune 21, 2016
This company is serious about rules, policies & procedures. They assure their clients get what they pay for, in turn as long as the employee follows procedure the job is easy and fun.
Pros
Easy Going
Cons
Pay is not that great
Great place
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAMarch 23, 2016
I enjoyed working for securitas. I was able to get on the job training, so i was very prepared and trained to work. The staff was very friendly
Poor pay, High turnover rate
Security Supervisor/Control Center Operator (Current Employee) –  Rhode IslandFebruary 14, 2016
Poor pay, high turnover rate. Typical day is either sitting or standing for 8+ hours to stand by a door. Poor management, no room for advancement. East entry level job but nothing more.
punctuality
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 29, 2015
getting trained and being punctual makes this job easy to accel at. documentation and being informed as well asbeing informative can get you promoted fast
Pros
meeting new people
I enjoy a Fun and Challenging work place that has Core Values and Team Oriented.
LEAD OFFICER - Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 15, 2015
Supervised & Trained Security Officers for Highly secured badge access accounts. Ensured Client Post Orders & Safety Manuals were updated in accordance with Current Regulations. Responsibilities involved Scheduling personnel coverage and Scheduling Patrol Assignments for Shifts 1st, 2nd and 3rd. Security Officer maintained full Interior/Exterior perimeter patrols, Monitoring 64 Closed Circuit Television Cameras.
Employee
Security officer (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJOctober 13, 2015
People have been working for Securitas Security for 2 or more years and are still not getting full time hours. Then when they want to leave the managers get upset. They need to show their dedicated employees more attention.
Pros
great hours and benefits
Cons
need more full time for employees
nope
Armed Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 26, 2015
Horrible place to work. pay sucks for the work being done. Management is horrible and its not just LA but its the same all over the world. horrible company who do not care about their employees.
productive
security guad (Former Employee) –  brooklyn new yorkSeptember 15, 2015
a productive day for me at my job was watching out for the for out of the ordinary things.my daily walk routines to make sure my building was secure in I order as it should be also a day at work is to maintain focus do what have to to do continue to be responsible watch out for the dangers in response to any problem that surfaces
Pros
being comfortable being in a cool place
Cons
short breaks in studying the cameras
Pathetic management that's all about money
Console Operator (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCSeptember 8, 2015
Worst company I've ever worked for in my life! All they care about is money.They don't care nothing about their employees. I worked the same hours, at the same rate, and my check was NEVER THE SAME! They are crooks! I should sue like many other workers do. Pathetic people running a pathetic company. What a bunch of cornballs!

Oh, btw, STAY AWAY AT ALL COSTS!!!!!
Pros
I no longer work there
Cons
Haha! Where do I start?!
horrible !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAAugust 22, 2015
company is unprofessional ! NO BENEFITS !!! THEY HIRE ANYBODY !!!!! co-workers have lack of communication ! THEY POST THEY ASIGN YOU ARE UNSAFE AND IN BAD NEIGHBORHOODS
Pros
nothing
Cons
EVERYTHING
Terrible company to work for.
Loss Prevention Officer (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 17, 2015
lack of professionalism, lack of training for employees as well as field mgt. over all terrible company. Post supervisors are inept and completely under trained for the positions they hold. Company does not support employees when they are forced to make quick decisions that could involve life or death. Compensation is pathetic. less than living wage. for some postions that could put officers in harms way. You get what you pay for. and this company pay is offensive to professionals.
big company with vast experience in security operations.
Security Officer/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 6, 2015
Very professional company with outstanding service. Love the fact that they have competent managers and administrative staff running this establishment.
Look for work somewhere else
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Orlando FLJuly 17, 2015
No advancement. only if you are Military or former Police. you are a pawn or number to the team. Discriminating company. Nothing is kept personal. Everyone knows your business even if it is someone new working for the company
Pros
Overtime hours
Cons
they do not like to pay for overtime and keep your money

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Securitas Security Inc. Our community is ready to answer.