Securitas Security Services USA, Inc

Securitas Security Services USA, Inc Employee Reviews in United States

Found 4,842 reviews matching the search
Long shifts but no matter what schedule one needs it can most certainly be obtained.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILJuly 23, 2016
Overall this job has been long but reliable. There are fulltime benefits as well as adjustable schedules and job sites.
Great place to work if you can afford it
Access Control Officer (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTJuly 22, 2016
Great people and work conditions. and so on so onmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Boring
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJuly 22, 2016
A typical day is watching cameras, attending to alarms, security rounds i.e making sure doors are locked and there no safety hazards.
Pros
working alone
Cons
no one to talk to
Not good
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Williston/Essex, VTJuly 21, 2016
This is easily the most frustrating job I have ever had. Multiple times I have mentioned I cannot work more than 40 hours a week, or more than 8 hours in a row, but yet they consistently schedule me to do so. They won't even tell you about it, or ask you. If someone calls out, or quit you are forced to work extra hours. Which people quit really, really, really often so you will almost never have good schedule, but they will always tell you it's going to get better. Some employees are forced to work 2, 16 hour shifts in a row while the account managers are no where to be seen. The management is a complete joke. They don't put any effort into helping their employees and they fail to take responsibility for anything. The benefits are also terrible. So I would not recommend this job to anyone whether it's a first job, or not. The only positive thing I can say about this job is that some of the other security officers are alright, but chances are they will quite soon so what does it matter?
Pros
Other officers
Cons
Poor management, poor scheduling, poor benefits, no room for improvement. Pretty much anything you look for in a job you won't find it here.
hard work environment
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Bellingham, WAJuly 21, 2016
constantly on our toes due to homeless citizens and drug use were a constant problem and we had to protect everyone else from problems at our site or train. Hardest part was worrying about who is going to cause problems next but had a good time talking and meeting new people.
Great strater job
Security Supervisor/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 20, 2016
It was great working with them. I believe its great starter job for anyone security career. The training is great.
Pros
compensation
Cons
managment
It's a good place to work for.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 20, 2016
Securitas has its ups and downs when I come to finding a officer work. I have been with the company seven years and at times I worked fulltime and at times I worked part time which I prefer working fulltime but work wasn't available at times.
Pros
nothing was free you have to work to get anything at this company.
Cons
I had to pay for my healthcare.
Just don't.
Professional Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 19, 2016
I wouldn't recommend this company to anyone for any reason, period.

The management is super unhelpful, super unorganized, and super unforgiving. As a flex officer I was supposed to work any site they needed me at - what they don't tell you is that if you don't like the site for any reason, don't say anything. I complained to my manager about the Loss Prevention officers at a particular walmart being upright rude for no real reason and that I would prefer not to work at that site. After that, he cut my wages and took me off the Flex program. I bounced around between a trucking place for a bit, and Motel 6 in a sketchier part of the city. I worked an unorganized event that seemed to come up last minute, fight for gas reimbursement, and had to fight tooth and nail for anything I wanted.
Pros
NOTHING
Cons
Everything, Management, Uncaring, Rude, Disorganized
produtive
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJuly 19, 2016
It was a great experience working there. I learned a lot working out there. I secured the premises areas, and protected the pharmaceutical to the best of my ability.
Healthcare Security
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAJuly 19, 2016
The hospital setting is a very stressful work environment. Throughout the day, I deal with patients and hospital staff. Throughout my time, I have learned a lot about patient care, situational control and hospital policies.
Pros
Healthy Work Environment
Sometimes Stressful.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Compton, CAJuly 18, 2016
As the largest company in the security industry, there almost limitless types of places you can work. I work doing weapons screening on a local Government contract.
Pros
Inside, and air-conditioned, sometimes client will include us in staff lunches.
Cons
Short breaks, and dangerous profession.
Best first job ever
Security Officer (Full-time) (Current Employee) –  SeaTac, WAJuly 18, 2016
Working with food isn't my thing, but the atmosphere and ambiance was amazing. It provided a very strong foundation for personal growth and development.
Pros
Social interaction
Cons
Food isn't ideal for me.
Great starter job
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAJuly 17, 2016
• Cite cars in illegal parking areas
• Patrol the cite and assist all contractors in the oil refinery
• Secure and unsecure all gates and offices
Not a very great employer
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 17, 2016
To much politics in the office that goes out into the field & some of the people that they hire are real dirt bags, liars, & cut throats towards other personal who are trying to advance in the profession.
Pros
None just a job that pays a low wage
Cons
Having to work all kinds of hours with very little regard for safety
Money Sucks But You Don't Do Much
SECURITY OFFICER (Current Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALJuly 17, 2016
A typical day involves fixing the mistakes of the prior shifts coming in or making sure that everything is correct to begin your own shift. There is no communication beyond your site supervisor and there is no thought of advancement or compensation based on performance. (I have an error rate of <1% and have gotten a $0.25 raise in two years.) Additionally, I've spoken to my supervisor's supervisor twice, both in group settings and my regional hiring/HR rep three times. It's whatever though. The job isn't hard...basically tracking seal numbers and trailer/truck numbers and reporting various other findings to certain third party agencies. More like administrative than Security, from what I've found but it varies from site to site.
Pros
Relatively calm environment, friendly atmosphere, it is what you make it
Cons
Low pay, uncertain future regarding contract closure, no communication
It's decent
Security Guard Officer (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, NYJuly 16, 2016
When you have a site its smooth, but in my experience if their contracts expires you might be out of work for a little bit while they find something for you, but if you don't stay on top of it and let too much time pass, they might terminate you. They interview for availability not experience because they acquire a lot of sites, but they also lose a lot of sites. That being said its a good way to get experience, but isn't that stable.
Good co-workers
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJuly 16, 2016
Horrible management, horrible chances for pay raises or promotions unless you know someone within the hierarchy, they brought in people to fill higher slots and did not promote from within.
pain in the neck
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Redding, CAJuly 16, 2016
cant ever get a strait answer out of the management the office employee is amazingly nice and the supervisor is a pain always giving excuses and never likes to be told i have a family to be with on the weekends . no medical benefits no retirement even though 40+ hrs a week not even offered why bother supervisor cant even make the schedule right always changing it and never tells you till the day you are supposed to work another site
Pros
Cons
supervisor
Good
Security Officer at Xerox (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJuly 16, 2016
I think this is a good company to work for and look forward to continue success in working with this company. People I currently work with are nice and friendly.
Perfect place if looking for something part time.
Security (Former Employee) –  Commerce, CAJuly 15, 2016
This job is great if you'rein school. It helps with being part time and working with your schedule. it also helps with learning how to calm down social events.
Cons
pay is very low

Securitas Security Services USA, Inc Reviews by Location