Securitas Security Services USA, Inc Employee Reviews

Found 1,973 reviews matching the search
Toss up.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAJuly 22, 2017
It's a toss up, all dependent on where you are placed. my first post was horrible, the second was much better but management was a mess. My next post was the best, they pretty much forgot we existed, we didn't have a supervisor for about 6 months.
overall. Co workers were pretty fun, everything else was bad.
Easy Going
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 21, 2017
Very relaxing job, Not enough training but would definitely recommend it. the job is pretty much like a receptionist type of job, it consists of answering phone calls and transferring. very easy to do.
relaxed environment with plenty of space to move around
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Montville, NJJuly 21, 2017
when I first get into work I hand out badges to visitors and occasionally answer calls a decent place to work. Also I make sure no one comes in and out of the building without a badge.
Pros
Fulltime employees get benefits
Cons
management is not that great could be better
Its a job
Security (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 21, 2017
It all depends on your manager. If you get a good branch manager then you will do very well but if you aren't a favorite pick of your branch manager then you will get minimum wage pay and they will stick you in a bad area and move you all over the place. They also stick together in management so if you have conflict with one manager he/she will have you blackballed by all of the other branch managers. If you just need a job and don't care about advancing your career or how much you get paid then this is the company for you.
Pros
get 40 hrs
Cons
not chance for advancenment
great job
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Habersham County, GAJuly 20, 2017
great job no room to advance working night shift for to long with no relief leaves you looking to advance great people beautiful place to work and plenty of alone time to clear your head
Pros
great place to work
Cons
night shift
It's not the worst job ever.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Terre Haute, INJuly 20, 2017
Security work is fine for older folks who have a pension and just need additional income. For young adults the hours and compensation create a trap that is hard to overcome. You make just enough money to cover your (low) cost of living, but don't make enough money to comfortably leave and search for a new job. The work/life balance is awful for the reason just mentioned. Do you want a day off? Well you can't have it because you can't afford it, or because there isn't sufficient staff to cover your absence.
Security company same as same
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Wentzville, MOJuly 20, 2017
All security companies are the same. Your expendable, have and little value. So you get paid an average pay for bad hours, hot uniforms, and no benefits. Its a good job if your retired or disabled and cant get anything better.
Flex Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, MAJuly 19, 2017
Good place to work, great communication, great opportunities. I would recommend for college students and single people. Security company's can be to much of your time.
Pros
Communication
Cons
Loved the site I was assigned to.
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, ILJuly 19, 2017
The job and job site was great. Dealing with management at Securitas was almost non- existent when you needed them. I had great communications with everyone associated with Newell and the trucking side of Drake.
Fun place
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 19, 2017
It was greeat becaude the people were nice and the job is fairly easy just continue to do ypur job and u wipl enjoy every bit of it especially if u like securing stiff
productive and fun work place
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILJuly 18, 2017
a typical day at securitas was fun. i enjoyed doing security at a nursing home and the assisted living. the environment was great and i enjoyed helping the elderly.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
short breaks
Help and Protection
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Utica, NYJuly 18, 2017
Great job to have. Many different placement options. Decent pay. You help lots of people in this job its a job you can be proud to do. No cost training.
Stay away
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILJuly 18, 2017
Awful. I would give this place NO stars if I could. The ONLY positive thing I can say, is they never messed up a paycheck. They expect your ENTIRE life to revolve around work. (Immediate Family Funeral and wrote up because was told work was more important). Will stick you at very low paying sites. Was like a temp service for Security. Management was also IMPOSSIBLE to get a hold of, unless they needed you to work hundreds of miles away from your location to cover a shift.
Pros
None. Not even a little
Cons
Every single thing.
Prefer not to work there
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 18, 2017
You get a job that pays minimum wage with little to no room for advancement. You end up working quite some time before getting any options for benefits. Management is nice although disorganized. The other security officers you get to know are usually pretty outstanding people. And the HR department can be helpful from time to time . It is however a bit of a pain to accesses your pay stubs. You are on your own for a lot things.
Solid Team With Room To Grow
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJuly 18, 2017
The management team at the Branch Office truly cares about their employees and does the best they can to help them move up.Securitas truly believes in promoting from within.
Very Productive
Security Site Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJuly 18, 2017
I was a supervisor in this company. Having to set a schedule for employees and on the job training. We having to check POV and Trucks entering a Terminal. It had its good and its bad, but I enjoyed my work and employees.
benefits
Cons
Small work place
Productive and work hard
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAJuly 18, 2017
It was my pleasure to serve, save, help the people. I was so glad working with this company to give a chance working in the Sketcher's where house to meet drivers with kinds of attitude also working in the Boot to log in and out all trucks and at the facility to do patrol on food and golf car and other things which I enjoy to do.

This company, respect all security especially the supervisor when they came to the post. It is a great time to talk to give as the spirit of responsibility.

As a conclusion I can say I love worked with this company.
Pros
Some time the supervisor visit Security Officer with greet.
Cons
Unjustice acceptable
Relaxed yet stressful at times.
Security/ Console Operator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 17, 2017
Worked with them for 9 years. It can be very relaxed, but immediately jump to being stressful depending on your site. Pay was underwhelming, and I felt we should've gotten paid more for the amount of work we were performing. However, the supervisor was very cool, and made working there worth it.
Pros
Good management
Cons
Low pay
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Coldwater, MSJuly 17, 2017
I patrolled the property i worked at, it is not a hard job but the insurance is very high. The company needs to invest in new equipment the car that i use runs hot all the time. The mangers where suppose to send someone to look at the car 3 weeks ago. Other than this it is a easy job.
Helpful and knowledgeable managing staff
SECURITY OFFICER (Former Employee) –  various locationsJuly 17, 2017
securitas is a big company with many opportunities for advancement as well as fostering an open and comfortable work environment. they have many locations in which to place you

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Securitas Security Services USA, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9