Securitas
4,174 reviews

Securitas Employee Reviews

Productive and fun place to work
Security Officer (Full-time) (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COJune 1, 2015
Pros: to many good things to report
Cons: poor onsite training
Being able to multi task is paramount. Very busy at certain times of day. I enjoyed working for this company, however they seriously lacked in training at the job sites Had issues with certain coworkers that had been reported many times and nothing was done to resolve the problem. This in turn created a problem with the onsite supervisor and myself.
It was ok
Security Officer (Former Employee), Seattle, WAJune 1, 2015
Pros: I can take breaks whenver I chose to
Cons: pay was too low
I worked at a bank which I was unarmed. I loved working with my coworkers they are the best. I had many opportunities to advance which was a plus.
Daily Activity
Security Officer (Current Employee), Jersey City, NJMay 31, 2015
Monitors and regulates the assignments, daily, of 50 officers, to secure site/post coverage
Created and maintains a daily log system that ensures 100% recording of all incidents during duty hours using Microsoft Excel and Word
Proved the ability to multitask, resolve customer issues and excel within a demanding, high-volume setting.
"SECURITAS IS A HORRIBLE COMPANY TO WORK FOR"
Security Officer (Former Employee), Parkersburg, WVMay 31, 2015
Pros: There are absolutely no pros for anyone who works for this company.
Cons: No medical, dental or vision benefits, no paid time off, no retirement, and no opportunity for advancement. Plus the Supervisors and management are very nasty individuals.
There are absolutely no pros for anyone who works for this company; because the pay is terrible at $8.16 per hour, there are no medical, dental or vision benefits, no paid time off, no retirement, and no opportunity for advancement. Also if someone calls off management will make you come in on your days off to cover the other persons shift; not to mention they will make you work 50+ hours per week with the occasional double shifts. Plus the Site Supervisors and Local Branch Management are very nasty people.
worst company ever
Post Commander (Former Employee), Commerce, CAMay 30, 2015
Cons: short breaks no sick days
this company has been one of the worsted i ever worked for! management here are not on point and are not timely managed. they have no sicks and have no personal hours. your vacation check is your anniversary check.
Work days are somewhat productive.
Security Guard (Current Employee), Columbus GeorgiaMay 29, 2015
Pros: Meeting people
Cons: Poor benefits
What I love mostly about my job is it puts me in touch with a lot of people from different cultural backgrounds. I have been at Securitas for ten years, and I have had the opportunity of meeting some really nice people.
My job is very interesting,I meet and greet a lot of friendly people
Security Officer (Current Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 28, 2015
Pros: Easy, free uniforms
Cons: No benefits
Since this is my very first security job, I find it to be easy. The people I meet is very kind. I work the night shift from 3pm-11pm. My typical day would be getting to work early to find a place to park.Once my shift starts,it is a enjoyable job.
Professional, productive, busy and always room for advancement.
Human Resource Specialist (Former Employee), Merrillville, INMay 28, 2015
Pros: Learning and giving people a chance to work for the company
Cons: None
A typical day at work is busy busy busy. I learned a lot about people and hiring. Management was good. I had the best co workers. We made our busy days go by fast and also made time to laugh and joke to ease some work stress.
in the right market, it's great. for others, a semi steady check
Post Commander (Former Employee), Moreno Valley, CA / Tucson, AZMay 28, 2015
My experience was one of two sides. Some days busy, due to location. Other areas a complete snooze fest, due again to the location of work or assignment.

On a bigger scale, I was able to see the company for it's true colors, having both good and bad experiences with management. That being said and not going into detail, I do appreciate what I was able to achieve with the company during my employ and still respect those whom I've worked with and some of those I've worked for. All in all a 3 out of 5. Not bad but not great.
hard work
Security Officer (Former Employee), Charlottesville, VAMay 28, 2015
Pros: finacial freedom, learning how to work hard
Cons: long days, short breaks
they were alright, they went through people way too fast.
they worked the officers very hard.
I enjoyed working for them even if it was only for 3 mo
poor company, would not work for them again.
Security Supervisor (Former Employee), Laredo, TXMay 28, 2015
Pros: 80hrs full. meet new people.
Cons: horrible pay, poor training, poor management.
Poor training, no lunch break, region boss never had our back when something happend, pay was not enough for the work that was being done.
Able to provide veteran leadership and judgement with licensedjob skills.
Security Guard/Site Leader (Former Employee), Warrenton, VAMay 28, 2015
Pros: Proffessional Working environment...
Cons: Management was unreliable...
My typical work day involved meeting with a site representative to understand this clients needs. How my team could be involved to ensure mission success.

Overseeing 6-8 guards, as well as their individual needs falls under my site supervisor responsibility.

Ultimately myself and my team were responsible for maintaining site security with controlled access, as well as complete site safety.

Helping to establish my site effectiveness was my commitment to the mission as well as regard for procedures and operating guidelines. I feel my relationship with this client was extremely effective. I have excellent communication skills, with never questioned reliability.
county contract but no benefits
Security Officer (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAMay 27, 2015
Pros: no vacations
Cons: no benefits
After working for 5 years for the company never got a pay vacation, holiday or sick day and had being contract with the Sheriff Department never had any benefit
A great place for long term employent.
Security Officer (Full-time) (Former Employee), Vicksburg, MSMay 27, 2015
Pros: Being a detective and eating while working
Cons: Snakes and Raccoons, no lunch breaks.
Everyday is routine when working as a security where I was stationed. I come in find out what part of the facility I patrol and when that time comes I carry out that job. Throughout the shift you have incoming and outgoing traffic going in and out of the chemical plant. Outgoing traffic, you scan badges to clock out the workers, while incoming traffic, you have to id and randomly search vehicles as well as scan people. To make sure they are safe to continue on their way into work after checking them in and opening the gates. This conclude your usual shift.
It's a job
Security -Security Sergeant (Current Employee), Bangor, MEMay 26, 2015
Pros: Nice people to work with.
Cons: Scheduling is overly complicated.
I was hoping for more opportunities to advance, but being in a far removed satellite site, contact with the regional office is nill. Almost all contact is through the site manager, and makes it a very political job.
fun learning about the drivers daily travels and knowing I treat them different from many of the places they deliver to
Security Guard (Current Employee), Harrisburg, PAMay 26, 2015
Pros: friendly work atmosphere
Cons: no bathroom breaks except between trucks
entering the facility on the way to the truck gate where the visitors at the gate are friendly and joke around.
Hard to keep co-workers due to a low pay grade at this site.
Learning the complete procedure of the computer and move at a fast pace.
Letting the drivers feel as though they are people with a kind greeting and friendlt attitude.
Workplace
SECURITY OFFICER (Shift leader) (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCMay 26, 2015
A typical work day at my job would consist of patrols of building, responding to emails and making sure everything in building is running smoothly. Management is pretty well organized and tells us what we are supposed to be doing. My co workers are very helpful and easy to work with.

The hardest part of the job may be trying to abide by guidelines of securitas and the contracting company. the most enjoyable part of the job is being able to help people in any way i can.
A professional and secure workplace
Security Guard (Woodhawk Condos) (Former Employee), Valley View, OHMay 26, 2015
I would monitor traffic and incoming visitors entering the premises and give them access or deny them entrance. When doing this, I would write down any information i had, such as license plate number, the visitors' first and last name, and where they are going.
My favorite part of working there was the relationships you can build with the residents. Many were elderly, and it was nice giving them peace of mind.
Fun job but just misses the mark
Security Guard (Current Employee), Roseville, MNMay 25, 2015
Pros: flexible hours, fun atmosphere, and easy
Cons: no communication, lack of managment, and gets bornig at times
A typical day at work consists of running patrols and filling out activity logs as well as showing people hospitality. The management started off nicely but then i called them left messages and NEVER got calls back. Plus I never receive calls when extra days are added and have to find it out that I work through a coworker.
security officer
Security Officer (Current Employee), Pooler, GAMay 25, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: no lunch
I enoyed my job as a secuirty officer with company they prove you with more learning skills as a officer. and give the oppunity to grown within the company. we as team learn how to work as team manager listen at their employees opinon and sometime implement them.

1 2 3 4 5

About Securitas

Securitas is the most locally-focused security company in the United States, with over 650 local branch managers and more than – Read more

Securitas Salaries