Securitas Employee Reviews

professionalism
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 16, 2017
The only company where I didn't feel discriminated by race, age, nor gender. Very fair opportunity for growth in the company. Very good management team
Pros
Opportunity for growth and relocation
Cons
Hard to get placed at a good site
Less than stellar
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 15, 2017
So, contract security isn't the best job to begin with.

I started with Securitas when they took over an account from my previous employer. My pay rate was the same, which was fine, but for single coverage (me only) high deductible (low monthly premium) I was paying $375/month.

Eating about 8% of my pay rate (which was above average for my position, but only because the client had requested it) was too much to handle.

In the 14 months I worked there, the client's account was fully staffed less than half the time - so lots of extra hours, which is no when you're salary.

No paid time off for the first year you're there - which is standard for the industry. One week after one year, two weeks after 3 years, 3 weeks after 5 years.
Pros
Easy job to get, could work with about anyone's schedule
Cons
Staffing issues, benefits are too expensive for the rate of pay that is offered.
Terrible Management
Guard (Current Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 15, 2017
Securitas has horrible management. If you aren't a supervisor, you're just another body to them. They don't care what you have to say. Rules are strict until management doesn't need to follow them, then it's fine for them and only them to break the rules and regulations.
Pros
Free food and drink
Cons
Treatment of guards
Poor
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTDecember 15, 2017
The company here in the city (i'm not sure about suburbs and rural areas since those are a lot easy to handle) is either under performed or over performed and exhausted staff, if their good. Road Supervisor Managers (responsible for many many sites) get replaced almost every 3 months either through getting fired or quitting, normal staff tries to do the least as possible when it comes to working, higher elevation of status or pay takes a long while even if you float a lot.
Pros
Large company more easier to get called for extra hours
Cons
A grand majority of Managers can't seem to keep their jobs or be enforced to do their jobs right
Nice People good enviroment
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Independence, OHDecember 15, 2017
Work place is great the people there are really nice. There really is not anything hard about it. The management is great he works really hard to help you if you have a problem with your schedule.
Pros
you get to eat your lunch were you wrok
Cons
you really cant walk around
review
Site supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXDecember 15, 2017
The company is very big and they has many locations. you are able to move around as needed to fit whats best for you.every location is different and you can get what you need from the company whatever you need.
A great place to work
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHDecember 15, 2017
A great place to work, very easy going and laid back environment, great for college students, or retired personnel, they will work with your schedule, plenty of options available
responsible work
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 14, 2017
Self motivated position that has very little perks. Uniform and Licence class provided. Training and site instruction are very well provided. Some locations are inside here in Phoenix that is a plus.
Pros
Lots of overtime available, Uniforms supplied and communication devices available
Cons
Low pay and self-supervised
Always needing help
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Maryland Heights, MODecember 14, 2017
This company is constantly hiring but somehow never has good help or proper training. The officers need to adjust in their posts as people change and the other end some officers could work closer to where they live would helps in the long run. Further more I would suggest anyone entering this company to obtain a stronger salary versus what was given to me.
Securitas has a union in Columbus Ohio.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 14, 2017
I been working for Securitas for 6 years. At first the pay wasn't all that good!!! but now we have better relations with the management (by the way the management and human resource is awesome) and the pay went up i am proud to be a employee of Securitas.
Pros
great benefits, and great staff.
Cons
need more people!!!

Want to know more about Securitas?

Ask a question
Productive and friendly
Security Officer (Contractor) (Current Employee) –  Annandale, VADecember 14, 2017
A typical day for me at work is productive and exciting, the workers are friendly and nice, our management there are really fair as well. The most enjoyable part for me at work is when i'm helping people and putting smiles on there faces.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
No benefits
start up job
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 14, 2017
A typical day at work was relaxed. The management is horrible because they did not like to work and did not understand that emergencies happen. The hardest part of my job is staying awake but I have adjusted to the overnight. The most enjoyable part of my job is getting paid.
Cons
LAZY manager
Security officer (Former Employee) –  Twin Falls, IDDecember 13, 2017
No this job was fun but not worth the pay at all. I work at a gas station now and they pay me 11.50 and hour for less hazardous work that this job. Don not recommend pay not worth hazard
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Perrysburg, OHDecember 13, 2017
Securitas was a good place to work. I however didn't like it because I was a flex officer. So a couple of months I received A LOT of hours. After that almost nothing.
Work for the worst
Security Guard Officer (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCDecember 13, 2017
Absolutely horrible company...i would not recommend to my enemies. Take any other job including fast food, atleast you might get a decent hr wage, conditions and predictable hours, schedule.
Pros
a job
Cons
everything
Just No
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Lowell, ARDecember 13, 2017
If your the kinda person looking for a security job, this isn't it. I'm 19yrs old, I have my own place and I live by myself. This job will not always give you what you want. Meaning the hours you need so you can pay the bills. But yes it's great to be a security officer, just not for this company.
Pros
Recieve many hours
Cons
But not constantly
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIDecember 13, 2017
My review of Securitas is a good one. I got to meet a lot of interesting people during may tenure there and the job was compatible to me as a person. My overall rating of Securitas is good.
Easy work if you follow instruction but the pay is low.
Concierge/ Security Shift Lead (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 13, 2017
This was my first job after moving to Austin and they were able to work with me so I could get onto my feet. Overall it has been a positive learning experience. It changes by site but the two sites I have worked at the longest they treat the employees well, just wish the pay was higher for the area that I live.
Pros
Flexible, job security
Cons
Low pay
horrible place
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJDecember 13, 2017
management was horrible and everything is a giant secret. They don't tell you things you need to know. They will make up things to fire you for if they don't like you.
Pros
Cons
management
fun place
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJDecember 12, 2017
Great company. Make employees feel wanted. Got to work at red bull and metlife staduim. Long hours..Can place you full time part time or seasonal. Managers nice

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Securitas. Our community is ready to answer.