Securitas Employee Reviews

Slow and stressful job
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 18, 2018
Management was horrible the company is so unprofessional. Experienced not getting paid for weeks at this company and management had no clue to what’s going on at the job sites
love it.
Security guard (Current Employee) –  milwaukee, wiFebruary 17, 2018
I loved securitas, it was a nice place to work, nice office managers, nice sites, good supervisors, great experience. i wouldnt change anything. Overall great.
Terrible place to work
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Grand Island, NEFebruary 17, 2018
Worst company ever they lie aboit what they pay. When you cant travel out of town they fire you even when they tell you they have joba in grand island for 6 month then theu let you go. The employees that would call in all the time manager would give them houts not the people there every day. Not a good company to work for. I worked hours that i was never paid for.
Pros
Cons
Lies from management o ly care about there pay checks
security
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 16, 2018
Great job at times. Only thing i did not like about the job was the manager. Not professional enough to work for. I would go back if it was a different manager working for the company.
No Incentives
CSA - Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Pooler, GAFebruary 16, 2018
No career advancement, Treated unfair, when there are State Emergency Weather conditions and you are unable to make it to work because of it, you will not be compensated, not sympathetic to the fact that employees have a life and family outside the job.
Relaxing and helpful job
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Guam Tamuning Docomo PacificFebruary 16, 2018
Securitas has helped me gain experience on surveillance and pushed me to building my own career to better my own background for a better future. Working at Securitas made me not only prove to the company of how much I can commit myself to the working environment but also to prove to myself that I can exceed my expectations and meet my goals.
Pros
Paid for lunch breaks
Cons
always on call to cover out
Work
3rd Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 16, 2018
Always gave 110% at my jobs. Enjoyed the the majority of the site. Immediate site supervisor was not someone you could trust. Enjoyed interacting with people on a daily basis. The work hour were perfect for me.
Great place
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Topeka, KSFebruary 16, 2018
I love my management as I am a Flex Officer so I am directly for the branch. They are wonderful, have been wonderful. They held my position while I was out in bed rest.
Pros
Great management, decent pay
Cons
Reimbursement takes a while, I’m not home with my kids a whole lot.
Workplace Culture
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIFebruary 15, 2018
I worked independently with minimal stress level. I was able to prioritize my work responsibilities in a reasonable time frame. My coworkers were very helpful during my orientation process.
Horrible
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAFebruary 15, 2018
Doesn’t care about employees will always take the clients word even if they’re not telling the truth... a lot of favoritism...Instead of sending a site supervisor to cover no call no shows they make you stay and tell you if you don’t stay you’ll be abandoning post which isn’t fair if you’ve completed your shift ...most people have children and other things to do but they don’t care about any of that.
Pros
Cons
The whole company
Unprofessional
IKEA Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Ringgold, VAFebruary 15, 2018
The supervisor directly over me was the best boss I could have asked for. It was the corporate branches that were poorly maintained. Calls would go unanswered, people with criminal backgrounds were hired on, and, in one instance, a security guard violated the HIPPA agreement and was not fined or fired in any way.
Terrible
Officer (Former Employee) –  Inglewood, CAFebruary 15, 2018
The job was disorganized and they didn't pay me all of my money, never again will i work for that company. The hardest part of the job was being there
Armed security job
Armed Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Welch, MNFebruary 15, 2018
Overall it is a stable, good place to work. Hard to have life outside of work working long shifts and nights and weekends. Very good benefits and compensation.
needs better management
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 15, 2018
need people to cover people who are sick. need better communication with staff. believe your security guards over the supervisors who dont deserve to be there.
Its a good company great coworkers decent pay
Security guard (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYFebruary 15, 2018
I was terminated for write ups i didnt really deserve getting but it was good paying job always had hours to give out sites to work at i didnt mind traveling aslong as it was reasonable i was always on time and even filled in for other workers that was a no show
Pros
Long breaks
Cons
Life insurance and in the union
fun
Security Officer front desk (Former Employee) –  FloridaFebruary 13, 2018
to provide customer service to the public, log information into computer like data inquiry , check id, phone answer. log info , secure area and reports.
Pros
no free lunch
Cons
yes short breaks
good company
Unarmed Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 13, 2018
if your a hard worker and like to help people and companies, then this is a good company to work for. I liked Securitas management and the salary was competitive.
People there are nice and respectful but terrible management
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MIFebruary 13, 2018
Worked my first job site and every thing was great for a couple of months. When ever I have a uniform deficiency I have to go to the office on my own time to get a new one even though they sent new uniforms and jackets to the site. Pay scales on positions of the job site are different so if you do cross training you dont get paid the same amount or a higher wage.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Wage differences, management
Its a job
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAFebruary 12, 2018
A typical day: you arrive. there is a pass-down. If you are at a busy client site. You have a guard shack, all the necessary paper work, flash light, keys and radio. Some of the less busy sites (which is the majority) you sit in your car and watch equipment and doors. no radio, no other guards. Maybe some of the necessary paper work.

There is little to learn. perhaps Clerical duties.

Management: is alright, There are many moments of miscommunication. Branch manager can be difficult to get in touch with.

Culture: there is no real culture. 80% of the time you are by yourself. if anything, you build positive working relationships with the client employees.

Hardiest part: Incompetence
Enjoyable part: Paychec
Terrible Management
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 12, 2018
Promised to get a certain shift and was not given it. I was training the managers and they were getting more money an hour that I was.. How is that fair?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Securitas. Our community is ready to answer.

52K