Security Finance Employee Reviews in United States

Great Company; takes good care of their employees.
Hillcrest Vernon, Tx Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Vernon, TXJuly 10, 2016
Busy work days
Communication Skills
Very Motivating Supervisors
Range of Different Personalities
Uncomfortable Home Visits
Building Relationships with Customers
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Home Visits
A great place to work.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Milan, TNJuly 4, 2016
Each month goals are set. To make our monthly goals, you also had to have weekly goals. Customer service had to be a plus to be able to work with the public, which this company looks for when you are interviewed. Even though we were proud to make loans to individuals in need, we had to learn how to collect on the ones that failed to pay their loan back. This was probably the hardest part of the job. That's why it was so important to have the best judgment at the beginning of the loan.
Pros
Great Managment
Cons
Late night collections
Learning how to work in an office enviroment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Lenoir, NCJuly 1, 2016
It was a small friendly office. The co-workers had their own job duty list that should be completed each day. On some days we worked as a team to tackle certain projects that required more minds and more hands. We divided the alphabet into 3 sections and that is how we sorted the filing when it was necessary, some days were busier than others. Our desk was free of clutter so our files would not get confused.
It was a great learning experience for me.
Pros
I was able to meet lots of interesting people.
Cons
I was not comfortable going to clients homes to see what they had lost contact
The Real Work Life of Security Finance
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Kankakee, ILJune 15, 2016
I have read the comments below and yes a lot of them are true.

I liked learning a new business and how it operates but when it comes down to it, you have to:

Complete daily call routes which depending on your store accounts and the delinquency of your call route it could be anywhere ( in my experience) 88-200 calls a day. understandable.

providing the proper loans and the paper work for company and customers was easy to follow.

The company does pay for the employee to go to a training class for a whole 4 days they pay $25 for food at the hotel and only hotel breakfast lunch and dinner (which was horrible food) They do reimburse gas mileage but not ware and tare on your vehicle unless your a supervisor and hire up. Training classes are dropped on you at a dime. forget about your plans.

Yes depending on the numbers of the branch you have 2 late nights and work all Saturdays. Saturdays are either rotated or worked. IT ALL DEPENDS ON THE BRANCHES NEEDS!! the first and last Saturday of the month are mandatory!!

When I was hired on the recruiter told me that it was "some" late nights and "some" Saturdays which was not true at all. during tax season you work every Saturday. The field working is a must and how they get away with it I don't understand because new laws in Illinois made it so that collection companies could not field work homes or jobs any longer but for some reason we still do. Personal finance and sun loan no longer field work due to this reason in Illinois.

Marketing is on Wednesdays which is trying to get delinquent and current customers to
  more... come in and renew their accounts. which is ok but why would you renew a customer who you have to frequently chase down it doesn't make much sense. that and the way the loans are approved or denied. Every Wednesday same people.

Yes medical is free for yourself and increases with family added, they do offer life insurance and dental. you do accrue 2 hours of vacation and 2 hours of sick with every pay period, but you can't use any till after 90 days.

If you are a single person and have no kids and don't mind being at work all the time then it might be perfect for you. Those of us who have families esp. little ones it is very tough.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Home Visits, Long Work Days, Saturdays, Vehicle Ware and Tare.
Productive and fast pace
Branch manager (Current Employee) –  Temple txJune 8, 2016
Opening branch setting goals for the office weekly. Challenging multi tasking fast pace.Customer service love dealing with the customers and seeing new faces.
BENEFITS
Cons
HOURS AND WEEKENDS
Horrible management and excessive field calls
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Denham Springs, LAJune 8, 2016
Collection calls are a necessary part of working with loans, but going to a persons home/job to embarrass them (and jeopardize an employees safety) shouldn't be. Also, credit card numbers were written down(which is illegal) and ran without customers consent on their pay days to meet quotas and sales goals.
Pros
Not being micro managed, friendly coworkers
Cons
Field work, management, no room for advancement
Nice environment
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALMay 24, 2016
Collections, daily reports, data entry, customer service, loan approvals, loan denials, filing, assisting branch manager, field collections
Pros
HELPING PEOPLE
Cons
UNABLE TO HELP OTHERS
Uppermanagement horrible
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAMay 23, 2016
Upper management hire a lot of manager in waiting to scare managers about job security long hours and management want employees to turn water in wine which is not happening they don't file legal on no customer but expect for you to collect the worst of the worst credit customers.
Great job but horrible company
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Claremore, OKMay 17, 2016
I feel like this is a great job, but the company is not very family friendly. The hours are not good and company is very difficult to work with.
Pros
Long breaks
Cons
Hours
Great Benefits but no job security
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Waverly, TNMay 16, 2016
The pay is great and the health benefits are free if you are single but the hours are crazy and my supervisor wasn't willing to train me like i wanted to run a successful office. They don't think about their employee's, its all about the money and not what is best for their workers. My biggest mistake was leaving my past job to come work for this company.
Pros
great benefits, free trips
Cons
very stressful, no support system, no time for family

Want to know more about Security Finance?

Ask a question
Productivity Fun and Loving
Senior Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Cheraw, SCApril 28, 2016
I really love working for Security Finance because the Company its all about Commission to Customers and Family and great care for their employees and provide good products for their Customers
Pros
Fast and Friendly Customer Service
Cons
Provide Good Health Plans for Employee
fun work place getting to meet customers
Sr. Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 26, 2016
A typical day is going out in the field trying to collect payments. I have learned a lot about being an assistant manager, enjoy working with my co-workers we became one big family. The hardest part is trying to collect payment from customers, I really enjoy meeting the public and helping them with their financial needs.
Pros
travel to meetings
Cons
pay raise
Good traing
Sr. Asst. Manager (Former Employee) –  Gladewater, TXApril 26, 2016
A good company, however they were not very family oriented, worked too many weekends, could not take vacation during certain times of the months or year and were not completely honest with new hires as to what would be doing
Pros
good benefits
Cons
was not told collections would be in the field as well
Productive work environment that provided excellent training and advancement opportunities
Manager (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, LAApril 22, 2016
Very productive work environment. Typical work day included making sound loan decisions and supporting the intentions of the branch. I learned how to provide excellent customer service and problem solving. Management was very supportive and available at all times. Had co-workers that was taught to work as a team in order to meet or exceed necessary goals. The most difficult part of the job was seeing people leave that were an asset to the company. I enjoyed every aspect of the job.
Pros
paid holidays
Cons
had to work some weekends
Great company to work for
Senior Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SC 29730April 19, 2016
great company to work for. Sometimes would have to work long hours and every weekend depending on branch needs. I loved my job but, when times got tough and people would not pay, I was told it was my performance. I sometimes did not feel secure in my job.
Made Collection phone calls all day
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAApril 18, 2016
I did not appreciate the mileage put on my car monthly, it came out to about 1000 per month for field collections, which also felt dangerous to me.
pay is good job requirements are not good
Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIApril 12, 2016
the worst and hardest part of the job is going out to customers homes to collect money or to solicite for business

the most enjoyable is a couple of the people I work with

typical day is continuous phone calls, processing loans, applications and applying payments either over the phone or when a customer comes into the office

this company views you as a number and not as a person, they are more worried about meeting numbers than your life as a person
enjoyed helping people to obtain loans
Senior Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Woodville, TXApril 5, 2016
posted payments to customers accounts, took loan applications, closed approved loans, made phone calls all day for collections. I really enjoyed my customers everyday. When they came through that door, it brought a smile to my face instantly. Customer service has always been an important requirement of every job I have ever worked. I guess that is why I am a "people-person".
Had many great years and met many wonderful people co-workers as well as customers!
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Hobbs, NMMarch 24, 2016
I Would work for company in the future... With new supervision team was not able to balance work and life for last year of employment. Had many days where we were not allowed to go home at end of day per schedule and with no notice. Felt my years of experience and proven success to work with little to no supervision with several present and past accomplishments was overlooked and not considered.
Pros
Pay, building relations, benefits
Cons
late night hours field collecting alone at customers job & home
Challenging place to work at.
Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Carrizo Springs, TXMarch 20, 2016
A typical day of financing, if you have worked in that field before. The hardest part of the job is going out collecting from past due balances. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you meet your daily and quarterly goals.
Pros
You can advance
Cons
Going out to clients homes and collecting

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Security Finance. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7