Security Finance

Security Finance United States Employee Reviews

A Competitive Company with great training and ample growth
Assistant Manager/Network Programmer (Former Employee), Monticello, GAApril 23, 2015
Pros: Lots of flexibiltiy and options
Cons: Limited income structure
a leader in the customer service small loan industry that is a customer choice and an industry envy. The training is incredible and the rewards are unlimited.
ASSISTANT MANAGER
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKApril 21, 2015
Pros: BENEFITS, HELPING THE PUBLIC
Cons: MANAGEMENT
I LOVED WORKING WITH CUSTOMERS HELPING THEM MANAGE WAYS TO PAY BACK THIER LOANS AND HELPING THE NEW CUSTOMERS ESTABLISH CREDIT. MANAGEMENT ALL THE WAY TO THE DISTRICT MANAGER ARE NOT VERY PROFESSIONAL. MANAGEMENT AT THIS COMPANY IS WHAT RUINED A VERY FULFILLING JOB
not so good workplace
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALApril 15, 2015
it paid the bills and it helped me learn more about the loan process and what to look at if you are looking at credit reports overall i would not recommend anyone with kids to work here
ok
Assitant Manager (Former Employee), Murfreesboro, TNApril 13, 2015
Pros: good pay, and hours
Cons: negative work environment
the pay was good, I love getting to help the customers and learning new thing. I did feel the management staff was unhelpful and unorganized
Good benefits
Manager in waiting (Current Employee), portales, nmApril 8, 2015
Pros: full insurance coverage
Cons: chain of comand is not follow
Rules set from home office not followed by personnel, like to work with customers, help them with their needs, learn how to calculate profits and loss
Chasing
Cashier/Loan Officer (Former Employee), Donaldsonville, LAApril 6, 2015
Pros: Getting out office (chasing)
Cons: being right at home with my family
Collections was a daily thing. Some of my co-worker was fun to work, others just wanted to handle you any kind of way. the chasing in the summer was hot.
drama fillled office expierence
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee), Sylvania, GAApril 2, 2015
Office mood was set by the manager who would do more harm than good with a daily attitude. I felt as though I was being pushed out of my employment position due to the fact that the girls spot I filled when hired had submitted an application to be employed there once again. This former employee and the manager were good friends and from then on out my days got worse and worse with the manager until I couldnt take it anymore and decided to be a stay at home mom with my two daughters for a while.
Front desk is awesome.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Lenoir North CarolinaMarch 22, 2015
Pros: a good place to perfect my customer service abilities.
Cons: the house calls, trying to udate their accounts.
This was a small office with three employees, We each had task, that helped the office run smoothly, we helped each get threw the day by covering each other for lunch and errands. Each day an employee would come in 30 minutes early to get the office ready for business by light house keeping.
Security Finance starting out I loved it,but time changes things:
Senior Assistant Manager (Current Employee), West TennesseeMarch 13, 2015
Cons: everything
The job was great at first, however due to management and supervisor changes caused a downhill effect and everything changed. Nothing is ever good enough, always wanting more from employee's but not paying for more. A co-worker had been in the same position for 5 years, he/she had never received a raise. In five years, from the day she hired in, he/she made the same pay. I have never known of any company that did not give some type of compensation for working for them. Especially for 5 years, also the fieldwork going to a customer's home is too much, working two late night's until 8:00pm and every other Saturday, Absolutely leaves no time for family or friends. You have no job security, and incentives are expected to be earned by your assistant's but the pay goes to the manager's. If the manager pulls his weight that is one thing, but someone that supervises work, but does not participate in the work, always causes conflict in the office as well as making everyone have a negative attitude, and that never works. I find this to be the case at all jobs, if the people giving orders and demands actually did everything they ask of employee's......work life would not be so miserable.....if you have to work and not just give orders, could make a difference and it might fix these greedy folks!!! Yes GREED is all it boils down to...the love of money is all with a dash of zero compasion for others.
I liked working for the company
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Brownsville, TNMarch 2, 2015
A typical day at work was answering the phones, taking payments, marketing, renewing loans, filling, copy and fax.

I learned how to renew some ones loan when they needed the extra cash.

Management was great and helped me when I needed it.

My co-workers were great and up beat.

The hardest part of the job was marketing when I have never done it before this job.

I enjoyed every thing about the job.
I opened new loans for clients
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Morganton, NCFebruary 27, 2015
While working at this company I got to meet new people and enjoyed working with others ....helped others with their loan process and filled out all paper work
Security was a good company to work for with good benefits, but the overall stress of the job was not for me.,
Senior Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, TXFebruary 7, 2015
I did enjoy some of the people I met during my employ as well as fellow employees. The job just was not for me. I didn't like daily phone collections as well as door to door. It was just too stressful.
fast paced work enviroment
Sr. Asst. Manager (Current Employee), Gladewater, TXFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: friendly customers, co-workers and manager
Cons: going to customers homes and jobs to collect
typically the beginning and the end of the month are very busy, most other days were busy but not as much. I learned how to handle customers even ones that were irate. Management is understanding and they do what they can for the employees. My co-workers are very good people to work with we try to help each other when our jobs are done. The hardest part of this job is having to go to the homes and jobs of customers to make contact and try to collect any monies owed. The most enjoyable part of the job is talking face to face with customers
Provided for those in need
Branch Manager (Former Employee), Newberry, SCFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: monthly bonus
Cons: field work
My primary position was to manage my office. I approved and processed loans for customers. Collected on current and past due accounts. Ran daily reports.
If you have a family, DO NOT WORK HERE
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), OklahomaFebruary 1, 2015
Pros: a paycheck every 2 weeks
Cons: every thing else
This company has no care for their employees or their family. Kid has to have emergency surgery and you will be written up. I was. They don't care about you at all. Weekends off?? When? No overtime instead you get to offset because they refuse to pay you. The managers are so lazy they they put everything on their assistants and then blame them for the bad numbers. No advancement, long long hours and no hr department to file a report with. Don't work here.
The Opportunity to help in finances
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Douglasville, GaJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: weekly pay, benefits, bonuses
Cons: none to report
This was a different opportunity for me to help people with their finances. At Security Finance, I got the opportunity to dive into collections, preparing taxes, make personal loans; while at the same time providing customer service. I learned here, that the customers are much different than those in a pawn shop, however still I used what I had learned there and brought that attitude to work with me everyday.
security finance
Senior Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Shawnee oklahomaJanuary 26, 2015
I have already reviewed the company. It is a good company. Has opportunity for movement.
LOVED the co workers
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Gadsden, ALJanuary 23, 2015
Long job days.... Loved my co workers but didn't care to much for the field work that had to be done.
ok
manager (Former Employee), ALJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: pay
Cons: hrs
Typical day included helping customers with their needs in on the finance side of things.
Fun place
Asst. manager (Former Employee), ada,okJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: the customers
Cons: late nights
Security Finance is a great company to work for, The customers were always a joy to work with.

A typical day included making about 400 phone calls, collecting money and making loans to customers. It also included marketing and banking

1 2 3 4 5

About Security Finance

Folks looking for a little financial security might turn to Security Finance Corporation of Spartanburg. Founded in 1955, the – Read more

Security Finance Salaries