Security Finance

Security Finance Employer Reviews

Security Finance starting out I loved it,but time changes things:
Senior Assistant Manager (Current Employee), West TennesseeMarch 13, 2015
Cons: everything
The job was great at first, however due to management and supervisor changes caused a downhill effect and everything changed. Nothing is ever good enough, always wanting more from employee's but not paying for more. A co-worker had been in the same position for 5 years, he/she had never received a raise. In five years, from the day she hired in, he/she made the same pay. I have never known of any company that did not give some type of compensation for working for them. Especially for 5 years, also the fieldwork going to a customer's home is too much, working two late night's until 8:00pm and every other Saturday, Absolutely leaves no time for family or friends. You have no job security, and incentives are expected to be earned by your assistant's but the pay goes to the manager's. If the manager pulls his weight that is one thing, but someone that supervises work, but does not participate in the work, always causes conflict in the office as well as making everyone have a negative attitude, and that never works. I find this to be the case at all jobs, if the people giving orders and demands actually did everything they ask of employee's......work life would not be so miserable.....if you have to work and not just give orders, could make a difference and it might fix these greedy folks!!! Yes GREED is all it boils down to...the love of money is all with a dash of zero compasion for others.
I liked working for the company
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Brownsville, TNMarch 2, 2015
A typical day at work was answering the phones, taking payments, marketing, renewing loans, filling, copy and fax.

I learned how to renew some ones loan when they needed the extra cash.

Management was great and helped me when I needed it.

My co-workers were great and up beat.

The hardest part of the job was marketing when I have never done it before this job.

I enjoyed every thing about the job.
I opened new loans for clients
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Morganton, NCFebruary 27, 2015
While working at this company I got to meet new people and enjoyed working with others ....helped others with their loan process and filled out all paper work
Security was a good company to work for with good benefits, but the overall stress of the job was not for me.,
Senior Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, TXFebruary 7, 2015
I did enjoy some of the people I met during my employ as well as fellow employees. The job just was not for me. I didn't like daily phone collections as well as door to door. It was just too stressful.
fast paced work enviroment
Sr. Asst. Manager (Current Employee), Gladewater, TXFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: friendly customers, co-workers and manager
Cons: going to customers homes and jobs to collect
typically the beginning and the end of the month are very busy, most other days were busy but not as much. I learned how to handle customers even ones that were irate. Management is understanding and they do what they can for the employees. My co-workers are very good people to work with we try to help each other when our jobs are done. The hardest part of this job is having to go to the homes and jobs of customers to make contact and try to collect any monies owed. The most enjoyable part of the job is talking face to face with customers
Provided for those in need
Branch Manager (Former Employee), Newberry, SCFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: monthly bonus
Cons: field work
My primary position was to manage my office. I approved and processed loans for customers. Collected on current and past due accounts. Ran daily reports.
If you have a family, DO NOT WORK HERE
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), OklahomaFebruary 1, 2015
Pros: a paycheck every 2 weeks
Cons: every thing else
This company has no care for their employees or their family. Kid has to have emergency surgery and you will be written up. I was. They don't care about you at all. Weekends off?? When? No overtime instead you get to offset because they refuse to pay you. The managers are so lazy they they put everything on their assistants and then blame them for the bad numbers. No advancement, long long hours and no hr department to file a report with. Don't work here.
The Opportunity to help in finances
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Douglasville, GaJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: weekly pay, benefits, bonuses
Cons: none to report
This was a different opportunity for me to help people with their finances. At Security Finance, I got the opportunity to dive into collections, preparing taxes, make personal loans; while at the same time providing customer service. I learned here, that the customers are much different than those in a pawn shop, however still I used what I had learned there and brought that attitude to work with me everyday.
security finance
Senior Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Shawnee oklahomaJanuary 26, 2015
I have already reviewed the company. It is a good company. Has opportunity for movement.
LOVED the co workers
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Gadsden, ALJanuary 23, 2015
Long job days.... Loved my co workers but didn't care to much for the field work that had to be done.
ok
manager (Former Employee), ALJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: pay
Cons: hrs
Typical day included helping customers with their needs in on the finance side of things.
Fun place
Asst. manager (Former Employee), ada,okJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: the customers
Cons: late nights
Security Finance is a great company to work for, The customers were always a joy to work with.

A typical day included making about 400 phone calls, collecting money and making loans to customers. It also included marketing and banking
Manageable and Assurance
Loan Officer (Former Employee), Newnan, GAJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: company vacations
Cons: work location or center
I work with great people and a great environment. We have company lunch and meetings. Work in your own pace. Great hands on training. Great benefits and 2 paid time off a month. Family owned company.
Terrible company and they lie about your work hours
Floating Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Lawton, OKJanuary 14, 2015
Cons: all
I would rather flip burgers than work for this company or another like it EVER again....You have to call the same ppl 2-4 times a day and you call their house, cell, work AND references, day in and day out you call the same ppl over and over and over and over and over.....did i mention EVERYONE is an "assistant manager" lmao!!
Enjoyed
Sr Asst Mgr (Former Employee), Rome, GaJanuary 11, 2015
Made collection phone calls. Some days we would do sales calls. I enjoyed working with the people and the customers that I dealt with everyday.
I really enjoyed working there.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Columbia, SCDecember 25, 2014
A day at security finance is customer service,posting payments,counting cash drawers,making phone calls to past due customers.My manager was the best he was fair all the way around the board.My co-workers and i got along just fine.The hardest days were probably staying late to meet profit. Every day was a food day made it easy to do my job.
Nice customers.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Bennettsville, SCDecember 2, 2014
Pros: being able to help someone in need.
Cons: the mentality of the co workers
I enjoyed working with the customers in a small, home town feeling. I enjoyed most of the co workers but my over experience was not pleasant because of management and my supervisor.
Potental to make a lot of money
Branch Office Manager (Former Employee), Appleton, WIDecember 2, 2014
I loved the people I worked with here! They were a very strong and fun group to be a part of! There is not much time to do a lot outside of this job, its requirements are high for one person.
Do not recommend working for this company
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Current Employee), tulsa, okNovember 30, 2014
The only positive thing I can say about working here is that they pay all of your medical insurance.
No Work/life Balance
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Del Rio, TXNovember 25, 2014
Pros: health care, bonuses
Cons: long hours
Long days, great employees, mostly phone calls and renewing accounts. Management- none for the first 4 weeks of starting. reasonable goals, if determined. Easy to move up, again, if determined. Mileage paid

1 2 3 4 5

About Security Finance

Folks looking for a little financial security might turn to Security Finance Corporation of Spartanburg. Founded in 1955, the – Read more

Security Finance Salaries