Security Finance

Security Finance Employer Reviews

Potental to make a lot of money
Branch Office Manager (Former Employee), Appleton, WIDecember 2, 2014
I loved the people I worked with here! They were a very strong and fun group to be a part of! There is not much time to do a lot outside of this job, its requirements are high for one person.
Do not recommend working for this company
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Current Employee), tulsa, okNovember 30, 2014
The only positive thing I can say about working here is that they pay all of your medical insurance.
No Work/life Balance
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Del Rio, TXNovember 25, 2014
Pros: health care, bonuses
Cons: long hours
Long days, great employees, mostly phone calls and renewing accounts. Management- none for the first 4 weeks of starting. reasonable goals, if determined. Easy to move up, again, if determined. Mileage paid
Former Employee-
Employee (Former Employee), Delavan, WINovember 24, 2014
Pros: good pay and benefits
Cons: terrible upper management and no one to turn to cuz no one believes an honest person in this company
I was an employee for this company for over 8 years. I had 12 Supervisors in that time. When I first started it was a great job with great people. Then the replacement team started from the State Supervisor on down. Each time a upper management person was replaced it got worse and worse. The last man who is still there as a Supervisor is a TYRANT and – more... a BULLY. I ran a great office with great numbers and made them lots of money and I had to leave due to health issues caused by these people. It is a terrible place to work and if you are honest it is not the job for you. You will be told to do things that are neither legal nor moral especially by this guy in the territory I worked.. I would still be there is this guy was not there and the State Supervisor was not there. How these two can keep there jobs after all they have done to good people is beyond me. They obviously have something over someones head. All I can say is alot of good people lost there jobs because of a few bad upper so called management people and GUESS WHAT- WHAT COMES AROUND GOES AROUND. Good luck if anyone thinks that the promises made to them are actually going to happen with this company. If your a customer pay out and don't go back. – less
structered yet breathable workplace
Branch Manager (Former Employee), Fernley, NVNovember 18, 2014
enjoyed seeing customer and getting to know them, as well as my staff. participating in the community to all be one big part of the community
I enjoy working in customer service.
Manager (Former Employee), Prairie du Chien, WINovember 18, 2014
I enjoy working with the people and being able to help people with their short term financial needs. We do our own loans and collections which gives you a variety of work to do on a daily basis. I enjoyed working with my asst mgr and was hard leaving there since I found a job closer to home.
Customer service (Former Employee), 111 front st georgetown scNovember 16, 2014
great place to work everybody works together to get the job done.
productive work environment
Tax Support Rep (Former Employee), Spartanburg, SCNovember 16, 2014
Provide branch office reps with guidelines on completing tax reports and documentations for customers. During training I learned a lot of rules about completing tax forms that I didn't know. Management and Co-workers were overall friendly. The hardest part of the job was having to cram all the guidelines and rules of the IRS and taxes in order to pass – more... the exams at the end of course in order to keep your job. But, the most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that I was providing information to help others. – less
no advancement long hours
Assistant Manger (Former Employee), Kenosha, WINovember 9, 2014
this is a good starter job. Long hours and no room for advancement from Manger. They did have a lot of trainers and provided for your expenses. Most were friendly.
Work oriented workplace with alot of tasks at hand.
Manager, Customer Service (Former Employee), Bartlesville, OKNovember 4, 2014
Pros: benefits were paid for
Cons: no breaks, long hours
A typical work day starts at 8:45 am and you make phone calls, and post payments during the day, most days you make field calls.
I learned that people skills are a necessity to make it in this organization.
Being a manager was enlightening and helping an assistant promote is a tough but exhilarating experience.
You can be friendly with your coworkers, – more... but not friends.
The hardest part of the job would be dealing with customers who are going through a hardship.
The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know your customers individually and learning from each experience. – less
people person Job
Assist Manager (Former Employee), Smithfield, NCOctober 21, 2014
Pros: hour lunch
Cons: driving your own car
this is a loan company and from day to day you will never know what type of people you will meet....
Informative place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Hollywood, SCOctober 21, 2014
Pros: weekends off
Cons: problems with management, no room for growth.
On a typical day at work I would go to the bank, make the daily withdrawal, make daily calls to customer, take, receive, and refund cash payments. The hardest part of my job is visiting customer place of employment in attempt to contact customers.
Long days, opportunity for advancement within the company
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), OKOctober 15, 2014
work/life not balanced at all, spent most of your time at the job. long days approving and denying loans. management encourages upward mobility and promotes quite often from within. Coworkers make my day! The hardest part of the job is not being able to spend quality time with family and friends. The most enjoyable part of the job is saying YES! to – more... a loan – less
Education
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Moncks Corner, SCOctober 14, 2014
The company did not strive on education, good company to work for my educational desires got in the way.
loved the customers and the employees
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Springhill, LAOctober 12, 2014
Pros: the customers and the employees
Cons: some latenights but got used to it quickly
I loved working for security finance, thought I was going to something better, but did not, wish I had never quit, I was happy and had balance in my life, loved the employees, and had a really good rapore with the customers.
Financing
Asst. Manager (Former Employee), Gonzales, TXOctober 8, 2014
make phone calls and create loans for customers. collect payments. do W-2 at the begining of the year. managment is good always there when you need them. the coworkers are good and fast learners.
A good and stable place to work
Recruiting Supervisor (Former Employee), North CarolinaOctober 2, 2014
Pros: growing comapany
Cons: too much traveling
Mariner Finance has been a good place to work. I have learned a lot in the finance industry. I feel we have a good team environment. The hardest part of my job is the traveling that I do, it keeps me away from my family. I enjoy the structure of my company and the growth opportunity.
I like it
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Union City, TNSeptember 28, 2014
Pros: hours
Cons: hours
I have not been here long enough to fully give a review. I'm sorry but it isn't fair that you are making me write this. I just want to post my resume but you keep telling me that I have to make this review longer. Is this good enough yet?
Busy
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Leesville, LASeptember 26, 2014
Lots of collection calls and field work

Late nights. Which was great for getting hours.

Loved management and coworkers
Horrible place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Jerseyville, ILSeptember 22, 2014
Chasing customer to collect payments. Went against company policy. Ok pay with good benifits,

1 2 3 4 5

About Security Finance

Folks looking for a little financial security might turn to Security Finance Corporation of Spartanburg. Founded in 1955, the – Read more