Security Finance Employee Reviews

Honest review/ Avoid if possible!
Senior Assistant Manager (Former Employee), 30240August 25, 2015
Pros: 1 hour lunch. profit sharing. quick promotions.
Cons: read the review.
I want to start by saying I worked with this company for 2 years as a full time employee. I did resign but I did not leave because of a petty argument or some other petty excuse for quitting.

I left this company for these reasons simply:

1. The company itself has no consideration for your needs. This includes family deaths, illness, or any other event that could keep you from coming in. I personally didn't have trouble with this but witnessed many who have. They WILL force you to come in if you allow them to. And chances are if you call out on a busy day they will have it out for you when you return.

2. Illegal work practices and poor ethics. The company will say it prides itself in following guidelines and promoting good work ethics, they even have online courses they have you take. However while in the office be prepared to literally threaten these customers with intention to file suit, have them arrested, or pick up their cars and/or personal property. Most of the employees hired on have minimal experience and do not know how illegal this is and if they are caught doing it then the company will not acknowledge their acts.

3. Field work is a common play among financial companies. And can be dangerous anywhere. My experience with this company gave a whole new meaning to fear. Be prepared to field work at least 5 to 20 houses a day or multiple times a day. And yes I mean almost everyday. And if you get a client at the house and they won't give you payment, they ask you to call the office. They will make you stay there until they give you payment or call the police – more... to the house. If the client is home and won't answer they secretly aka you knock on every window and door available until they open up. And by knock I mean heavy banging. (Keep in mind we are told to do this, but also told not to tell anyone we do it) I never did this however all other employees have. I have seen first hand. But they DO pay gas mileage!!! ;)

4. The pay is borderline ridiculous. Employees say the get paid well, however that is purely because they work 50 plus hours a week or more. Not meeting your store numbers? Be prepared to work until 8 or 9pm. This includes saturdays. They literally punish you because clients don't pay their note.
You do get profit sharing after a certain time of employment. However that is ONLY of the store meets specific goals. Typically you could expect to get maybe 6 bonuses throughout the year. The other sizes are usually holidays or bad months that NEVER meet the numbers. I make more then I did there now and I only work 29 hours a week. So if you have kids or any live outside of work I recommend reconsidering employment here.

Everything written here is true and solely based on an opinion of a former employee and my experiences with it. This includes multiple office locations because I floated around many times and practices were all the same at each store.
Promotions are almost constant with this company so you could easily be a manager within a year or so. Even less if you have experience.
But keep in mind that an opening that often for management isn't necessarily a good sign. – less
Tense Work enviroment
Senior Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Lawrenceburg TNAugust 7, 2015
Working at Security Finance has had its ups and downs there seem to be more bad then good days, because its all a numbers game. If you can handle collections then its not bad and the benefits make up for the negative. The company is not very family oriented. The pay is decent and bonuses are OK.
Customer service
Office Manager (Former Employee), Henderson, TNAugust 2, 2015
Pros: bonuses
Cons: not being able to watch my son play ball
I start the day with checking email and deposits. I would prepare our call list for the day, and share with my employees, we would talk about the expectations of the day and how everything was going. The hardest part of my job was when I knew a customer couldn't pay and I still had to try to figure out how to secure them as a customer and still get some type of payment. The most enjoyable part or the job was talking to the customers and being able to help them, whether it was just a shoulder they needed or giving the money they come for. I learned that if you are sincere with your customers they want to come back again. I learned most is that without positive customer service balance, there will not be a business to come back to
Don't waste your time
Branch Manager (Former Employee), LouisianaJuly 31, 2015
Pros: Free health insurance. That's it.
Cons: Poor work environment, Morale and higher supervisors only care about making money, not making sure their employees are happy.
There are no words to describe the experience of working for this company except horrific. Even as a Branch Manager I had no say in how to run the day to day functions needed. If you don't make tons of profit every month you are punished and the assistants could care less and their performance reflects that. The stress is NOT worth any amount of money they promise you and believe me they are EMPTY promises since the risky loans you make very rarely show profit seeing how you have to resort to unethical ways to make money.
excellent training and pay
Office Manager (Former Employee), Farmerville, LAJuly 25, 2015
Pros: excellent internal training
Cons: the more you grow, the more they want, previous performance unimportant on thing that matters is what your numbers are right now
I learned a tremendous amount about office management, goal setting and managing others in this position. They have a wonderful training program designed to teach anyone with the desire to become a finance manager.
healthcare is excellent and so are incentives I experienced more positive than negative
Sr. Asst Manager (Former Employee), LaGrange, GAJuly 16, 2015
Pros: healthcare is excellent and so are the incentives
my overall experience with sfc was rememorable with the right staff and area supervisor you can and will exceed with the company I would recommend someone to them.
job office is no longer open now
Assisted manager (Former Employee), Plattenville,LaJuly 16, 2015
i worked there for almost 5 years from high school until recently when they close doing in home CNA work. the pay was not good but the work was not hard.
Not innovative or professional
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Humboldt, TNJuly 4, 2015
A typical day a work begins with dread. There is stress, but no excitement. There atmosphere fosters unprofessionalism. I've learned that I do not want to work in finance. Management is verbally and nonverbally inconsistent. My coworkers are miserable and unhappy also. The hardest part of the job is showing up everyday.
HORRIBLE PLACE TO WORK
assistant manager (Former Employee), el paso txJuly 2, 2015
Pros: health care
Cons: collections, no social life
Management does not work, as an assistant manager you do all the work and the manager takes the credit.. you need to risk yourself to go out to peoples house or job to collect from them. People are so rude and the company does not even protect you. You are constantly using your own car to go to collect and the company does not even pay you for gas. You do get bonuses but you need to have at least a year to get full bonus.. so basically you are working like a slave for only half of the bonus while the others take the full credit...you need to kiss butt in order to keep your job.
stay far far away
senior assistant manager (Former Employee), south carolinaJune 27, 2015
Pros: hour lunches, bonuses
Cons: long work nights
This is the job for you if you have no social life or in desperate need of money. The Csr/assistant managers do all of the work and are worked like slaves while the managers get all of the credit for it. Upper supervision is never happy about how goals are met and does a very good job at making the office staff feel unappreciated. Upper management isn't trained properly and again the csr has to pick up their slack. Job security is based on how well you get along with upper supervision not the actual work that is produce within the office. Please stay away it's not worth the stress!
Easy Approval, Friendly Employees
Assistant Loan Manager (Former Employee), Georgetown, TXJune 27, 2015
Pros: Friendly Customers
Cons: Being Sick all the time
Did not like to have to do field work everyday and put wear and tear on my own vehicle without being compensated for it. Being sick all the time because of the building.
not for family oriented
Senior Assistant Manager (Former Employee), ILJune 24, 2015
Pros: good benefits
Cons: long hours, dangerous work, no respect/appreciation
You spend your day calling the same customers you call everyday, that is if your not out knocking at their doors (which is very dangerous) or embarrassing them at work. If the numbers aren't up to expectation, you have to put in even more hours, usually no less than 50 hours per week. Every Saturday is spent at work never knowing if you get to leave at noon, 2 pm, 3 pm, or 5pm. Twice a week you stay until 7 pm, and at the end of the month, it's until 8 pm. Vacations aren't allowed from mid November to January, and from mid January to mid April they have to be approved. Management talks down to you, has no respect for you, and doesn't care about anything but the numbers. Yes people, slavery is still alive in this company!!
HORRIBLE PLACE TO WORK MANAGEMENT FUL
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), OGDEN UT, CLEARFIELD UT, ROY UTJune 15, 2015
Pros: BENEFITS
Cons: LONG HOURS, POOR MANAGEMENT, NO BREAKS
GOOD BENEFITS THE PAY NOT SO MUCH. I WAS WORKING UP TO 95 HOURS BIWEEKLY IT WAS SO HARD SPECIALTY IF U HAVE KIDS. WORKING 10 HRS A DAY AND ONLY GETTING A 1HR LUNCH NO BREAKS. POOR MANAGEMENT. ON NEW YEARS EVE HAD TO BE THERE UNTILL 8PM NOT A GOOD PLACE TO WORK FOR. FOR SOME REASON MY MANAGER DIDNT NOT LIKE ME SHE WOULD BE ON ME ABOUT EVERYTHING MOST OF THE TIME I DIDNT DO ANYTHING WRONG SHE WOULD FIND LIL THINGS JUST SO SHE COULD SAY SOMETHING SAD PART THE SUPERVISOR NEW ABOUT THIS AND DIDNT DO ANYTHING ABOUT THE SITUATION MOST OF THE CUSTOMERS CAMPLAIN ABOUT HER AND HOW RUDE SHE WAS AND STILL NOTHING WAS DONE ..
great pay for area
Loan Officer (Former Employee), Ferriday, LAJune 11, 2015
Pros: Pay was ok
Cons: Going to someone home to collect money
Collections are very easy but when you have to go to someone home in an area that has no jobs poverty rate is extremely high it can be rather diffilcult especially being a woman
fun coworkers great benefits
Sr Assisstant (Former Employee), Idaho Falls, IDJune 9, 2015
Pros: people, benefits
Cons: management
Fast pace working with three people. Took payments for loans as well as applications. Processed loans. The best part of the job was working and dealing with varying types of people. The most strenuous part of the job was going to people's homes and trying to collect overdue payments.
Horrible place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Cushing, oklahomaJune 6, 2015
Pros: close to home
Cons: hous
The hours were horrible. The had little to no training especially for managers. The hardest part was collecting from people who had fixed income and had to go collect at people's homes
Goal oriented and flexible work place.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Marshall, MOJune 2, 2015
Work can become redundant with the same tasks daily and long periods on the phone. I have learned about financing and lending rules, as well as how to manage and maintain accounts. The hardest part of the job is dealing with constant delinquent customers and often confrontational situations. The most enjoyable part of the job is they are pretty flexible although the work schedule is very demanding.
Great people and bonuses were good
Senior Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Bastrop, TXJune 1, 2015
Pros: pay, bonuses, small office
Cons: advancement, field work
A typical day at work you are making outbound calls to set up times and dates of when individuals can make their loan payment. I learned a lot about the loan process and what it takes to handle a vast amount of accounts. The management was great, they really look after their employees and set reasonable goals. Co workers seemed more like family then workers. The hardest part of the job was the volume of outbound calls and the field work. I did love when the company met goals and got our monthly bonuses.
Monday thru Friday, close to home
Manager (Former Employee), Lebanon, TNMay 29, 2015
Pros: Interactions
Cons: Going to homes to collect payments, before month end. Not safe.
High interest rate on loans.
Collections
Reports- daily, weekly and monthly
Traveled to train in other locations
A people person was a must.
Title loans, as well.
Sensitive time line
Great company, terrible management, long hours
Branch Manager/Loan Officer (Former Employee), Waukesha, WIMay 28, 2015
Pros: Great pay/benefits, room for advancement, recognition for achievements
Cons: Some management, long hours, high expectations
I worked for this company for 4 years and loved it until I got a terrible supervisor that was absolutely atrocious. There is even another review of him listed. It was hard to do anything about it because he had been with the company for 8 years and no one seemed to listen to complaints from staff. Needless to say, he lost 8 of his 10 managers in a little over a year. The job pays very well (as long as you perform well) and provides some pretty amazing benefits. There is also ample opportunity for advancement.

There are monthly incentives and awards given for your achievements. Yearly they give you an all-expense paid trip to a different location for an award ceremony.

The hours are long, I would advise against the position if you have children as you will be working two 11 hour shifts weekly and two Saturdays a month. Expect to make upwards of 200 calls a day, more if you are underperforming. Also, while it didn't bother me, be aware that you will be making house and work visits to track down those who aren't paying you. It isn't as terrible as it sounds because you know the people you are visiting...often times you will have built up a relationship with them and it will be like visiting a friend for a professional matter. Rarely in the 4 years did I have any issues with visiting someone. Probably out of 1000 visits I had 5 door slams and one threat.

Overall the company means well and corporate office employees are very involved (I had lunch with the VP and the president visited my office a few times), which is pretty impressive considering the size of the company. – more...

The company has many many tenured employees, the COO when I was there had been with the company for 35 years, she started as a cashier (now known as asst manager). This was the case with many.

You're also helping people to improve their credit and, if you're good at your job, you'll coach them on how to work with their finances and create good habits financially. Very hands on, but NOT easy work. – less
Employees