Security Finance Employee Reviews

Don't work for these people!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  TennesseeFebruary 22, 2017
They are terrible about favorites. If the DM likes you then you're good, if not forget ever being promoted. Constant scrutiny and complaints about the smallest stuff. Things adults shouldn't even have to worry about in a workplace. I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND EVER WORKING HERE, ANYONE!
Productive and friendly
Loan officer (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 20, 2017
Made between 200 to 300 calls a day.Did a lot of field work.Management at first was excellent then we got a new manager and was not a people person.Our work place was very fun and friendly staff the best I have ever worked with.The hardest part of my job was not being able to make a loan to people with bad or no credit.
Pros
Loved the meeting they had for the staff
Cons
had to field work in our own vehicle
Great job
Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXFebruary 19, 2017
I was able to learn how to manage my time and people whether in the office, in the field. I learned loan applications receiving and collecting along with networking.
Pros
Great job!
Cons
n/a
Would not recommend!!!
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  New MexicoFebruary 15, 2017
I worked here for years... poor upper management, lack of REAL training, and little communication with supervisors. They'll sit you at a computer and expect you to complete all these tests explaining the laws... it's basically a cram course' so good luck! Favoritism shows.. if they don't you working there, "they'll get you out". The hours are ridiculous! Procedures in collections are constantly changing. The numbers are almost impossible to hit ! Two late nights meaning 9a-8p a week Plus saturdays... now of course they'll tell you once you get your numbers in line, you'll cut out the two late nights..... impossible. If you have a family or children, this is definitely not the job you're looking for! No job security!
Pros
Haaaa! What pros?
Cons
All in all
do not work security finance
Supervisor in Training (Former Employee) –  pell city alFebruary 7, 2017
I would not recommend working at security finance. I worked for this company almost 10 years. while working weekends and certain holidays also working until 8pm twice weekly to hit certain goals. My office was number one in state Alabama 3 years in a roll in profit. although working lots of hours and achieving office goals, we were never appreciated.
Pros
Great company with great pay
Cons
mico management
great boss
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Gun Barrel City, TXFebruary 6, 2017
I loved the company but all the miles and wear and tir on my car was not good. also one of the employees was rude and made days uncomfortable. I wish I could get my job back there.
Pros
great pay
Cons
driving to unpaid customer's house's.
na
Teller/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Gladstone, MOFebruary 5, 2017
Great job everything about this job was great you will love it
just apply and get ready to open your eyes to a new level of greatness
Pros
customers
Cons
hours
Nice place
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 5, 2017
Processing Loan applications over the phone or in person for installment loans. Making loan approval/Denial decisions. Making weekly work schedules, computer skills, filing, marketing new customers, business growth. Setting daily goals, field working customers accounts in debt.
Pros
Benefits and incentives
Cons
management
Employees
Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  Baxley, GAJanuary 27, 2017
Company does not really promote from within. This keep supervisors longer then they need to be. Supervisors are basic auditor's for the company. Poor company to work for no life highly stressed environment. I do not recommend.
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mineola, TXJanuary 12, 2017
Well like job but a lot of phone calls on collections.
Had to go to peoples houses I really didn't like that idea for collections .
A lot of fun times with the girls in the office
Great place to work plenty of room for advancement
Assistant manager (Current Employee) –  Woodville, TXJanuary 12, 2017
I would recommend this job to anyone great pay excellent benefits. The supervisors and managers really take care of you and want to help you advance. Great bonuses if you meet certain goals.
Do not apply if you have high blood pressure or anxiety!!
Senior Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  TXJanuary 10, 2017
Expect to work 43hours min a week and at least 3 11 hour shifts at the end of the month. If you have kids forget taking them trick or treating. Turnover rate is through the roof. If you do make it there is room for growth but you have to be willing to travel. Do not get comfortable with your co workers i went through 3 supervisors 5 different managers and countless assistants. training materials is really helpful however you'd get lucky if you have a good hands on trainer. I lucked out and mine was very helpful. I was told I would get a raise after I complete my training but i wasn't given time to do training and didn't recieve mine for at least a year. On top of that it took 3 years to get my first yearly review and was lucky enough to get a $1 raise.Then I never recieved one again. The company wants you on the phone and on calls the second you clock in. If you have gaps in your calls there better be an explanation. And you cant go home until you finish all the calls. Management is a big problem all the higher ups care about is meeting numbers. You are told that if you meet goals you can have Saturdays off but that is a rare thing. The goals they give are outrageous. You also have to collect by field work too that means going to customers homes. I was told you go with the manager however only went with some assistants the first month after that you are solo and we would go out to the most remote location in the middle of nowhere with no cell phone coverage. Management definitely played favorites. Vacations had to be approved and it went by seniority and also would not get  more... approved if it was the first week of the month, last week of the month, no one in the territory could have the same vacation even if you worked in different offices. You also could not separate vacation time and you could not use it after the 1st of Nov. They do not roll over vacation time nor pay you for time unused. You have to schedule your vacation at the beginning of the year. The job it self is really easy it's just the pressure you get from the higher ups and workload they give you is ridiculous. I have never recommend anyone to work for this company. There are some good employees but do not expect to be appreciated for the work that you do and if you want to advance make friends in managment.  less
Pros
Good starting pay, good benefits, and great training material.
Cons
Micro managed, overworked and a slim chance for a raise.
An ok job depending on the manager and other coworkers
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 10, 2017
An ok job depending on the manager and other coworkers. I loved the customers in my location, which was mid town. The manager was ok at times but not always helpful.
Pros
nice customers sometimes
Cons
horrible hours
Could be great place if management was handled correctly
Collector (Former Employee) –  Muskogee, OKJanuary 8, 2017
The manager not clear in her teaching. At no point did the employees or manager make me feel I was part of the team. I believe that maybe with correct management it would have gone differently. They do not drug test the moment they found out I had personal legal prescriptions they started looking for reason to get rid of me.
Horrible manager
Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Sylvania, GAJanuary 7, 2017
The manager is horrible! She is mean to employees and customers. She tells customers business and makes fun of them. She always has her husband or kids and grandkids in the office so the other two employees have to pick up her slack. She will mess up doing a loan and blame it on someone else. The company itself I did like. I made good.money and the days she wasn't there I actually loved my job. Only reason I left was because she was stressing me out so bad and I was having panic attacks.
slave drive work
Senior Asst Manager (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJanuary 6, 2017
Be prepared to say bye to your social life and family, birthday's graduation's etc. yes company does provide health insurance. it has to make up for the long hours. heartless upper management. Supervisor for Corpus Christi and surrounding area is a heart less person. only cares about numbers. to make her self rich and company. even if you have PTO'S or SICK hrs. you have to let them know two weeks before you get sick to see doctor or if a family member dies be prepare to only take 3 days off . as far as vacation don't think you can take when you want. only the days they approve so if you want to take the 1st of the month's that's a No or the end of the Month that's a NO. Saturdays you will always work even if your numbers are good. supervisor has her favorite employee's. company will never be happy with your numbers will always want more from you. upper management does that appreciate worker's .you will work long hours while corporate will work from 9-5 and go home to their families while you will work late night. They monitor all calls they , they monitor you computer they know if your on your phones. company has no trust in their employee's
Pros
customer
Good job
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Covington, TNJanuary 4, 2017
Security is a good place to work, just know thats its mentally stressful and hard on you if you have small children, You do have weekly and monthly goals that must be met, so you need to be VERY goal oriented
My Security experience..
Manager (Former Employee) –  Marshall, MODecember 30, 2016
I started out at security as an assistant manager. I promoted quickly. There is a lot of turnover rate within the company. I was let go from here due to during a time when our territory didn't have an active supervisor, I signed for a water cooler to be in the store. 2 months later is when they let me go due to it wasn't per policy.
Pros
easy job
Cons
hours and turnover rate
Manager (Former Employee) –  Roy, UTDecember 28, 2016
Overall the company was okay it was the job that made it difficult at times. The work schedule can get difficult but they do try to work with you as much as they could. This type of business needs strong collection skills.
great work place
Floating Manager (Former Employee) –  Collinsville, ILDecember 28, 2016
I loved working there the people were great and the training was amazing. I would send anyone that I know there to get a job, wonderful benefits.Just a really good company to work for

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Security Finance. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7