Security Force Inc Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Stay far away
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAAugust 6, 2017
Awful place to work. The whole thing is a scam and they trick you into thinking you'll actually be able to make money. The only people who make money at this have no moral compass on scamming innocent people into a sub par security system. Management here is an absolute joke and the place is an HR nightmare. Paychecks bounced while working there 3 times. Meanwhile the owner got richer and was taking vacation one after another and the manager is buying a new car. Stay far away from whatever dream they try to sell you on.
Pros
Was fun before I caught on to what was actually goIng on
Cons
Horrible management, worse pay and even worse ethics problem
Great place to work.
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 5, 2017
Upper management were very understanding, "family first", is their motto.
The days would go by fast because you stayed busy, but it was never overwhelming.
Productive and fun workplace
Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAJune 2, 2017
Very patient bosses, enjoyed going to work, Learned the security side of how things work. Hardest part was the hours, Enjoyed the diversity, Great work environment
Pros
Diverse
Cons
health care
Fun place to work/difficult to get sales
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 27, 2017
I enjoyed working here and the people were fun. The majority of calls we made either hung up the phone or were not interested. Not for everybody but definitively worth trying, over all I had fun working here.
Laid-back office environment
Administrative Staff (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 31, 2017
8-5 M-F
Laid back office environment
clerical skills
half hour lunch
call center attached to office
receptionist turnover
family company
favoritism
not bad
Productive and very fun place to work
Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAMarch 6, 2017
A typical day at work. Come in to this job as my second job from the hospital around 9am-2pm or 3pm. Some days shorter than others. I would come in and sort leads and organize papers into a professional manor. The workplace culture was excellent, everybody very friendly and caring. The most enjoyable part of my day was usually lunch time because sometimes everybody would eat together and talk and just get along very well.
Pros
hour lunches
Cons
not enough pay
radio
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 5, 2016
The time I worked there was great, but when I requested to go on military duty and needed some days off it all went down hill. I was advised that I wasn't able to take off, then I was taken off the schedule and placed into a lower paying job, and less on the schedule.
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VAJuly 28, 2016
SFI is a great place to work! There is a script we use and if you follow directions, it's not hard.

Not everyone can succeed on the phone and MANY do. Some people are not cut out for this and do not like to be managed and once they hit the phones realize it's not for them.

That is because we give anyone a chance, even with no experience! Some of our all-stars have never been on the phone.

As for these bad reviews on here, there are long term employees who have worked here for 5 or more years and love it!

We always take care of our employees. ALWAYS. Ask one you know!

As for the music, yes we play music but is not too loud. It would not make sense to run a call center if it was too loud to make calls!

Management has expectations and they are realistic. If you are lazy and here to just collect a paycheck or do not follow our procedures you will be called out as with any job.

The pay is fair and you can do well if you are focused and are hungry to be successful. There are also bonuses too!

The management trains every day and gives you plenty of time to be successful!
Pros
bonuses, cookouts, company functions, off holidays, hour lunches, contest, team environment, off bus route, nice break room
Cons
working evenings this is not a 9-5
A melting pot of personality
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VAJuly 19, 2016
Good group of people to work with, from management to employee. Incredible environment, very upbeat and positive. Come to work to work, and you'll be very productive.
Crazy
Customer Service Representative & Sales (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAMay 15, 2016
Crazy people to work for. Constantly changed hours, pay, quota and when the company was struggling financially they would yell at the employees to try and make them sell more. Good to make a few extra dollars but not worth the time and stress. Loud music, people screaming and rude customers. You read a script and attempt to sell a security system to homeowners.
Pros
Halfway paid the bills
Cons
Unreliable, not steady and crazy
Worst company to work for
Rep (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAApril 22, 2016
I would not work for this company. I worked for this company for 3 days. 2:3 of those days were paid training. They refused to give me my final paycheck and did not give me a final pay check. I began to explain to them how the guy who ran our interviews told me that their pay period ended on a Tuesday and it began on a Wednesday. Both of my training days fell on a Tuesday and Wednesday. I received a check for working on that Tuesday but they refused to give me a check for working on that Wednesday. Security Force makes it seem as if you will make great money working for this company. However, in reality they start you off at $7.25/HR. They require you work at 40 HR weeks at $300 bi weekly guaranteed. With commission added you can make $21/ HR that's where you get $40,000. Which is very misleading. These are crooked people working for this company don't waste your time.
Pros
Great acting and screen reading
Cons
Unprofessional, unjust, unreliable, lacking interpersonal skills and they said no compassion for their prospecting employees
great company
Outbound Call Representative (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAJanuary 25, 2016
out bound call center calling customers very stressful. needs more stability as a company better management. hours not guaranteed great call center experience.
Worked as security officer
Lt. Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Tucker, GANovember 10, 2015
I like the task I was given, just was able to fully perform due to property management wanted security to perform other task that has nothing to do with security. I was able to become a team leader even though I was not the supervisor on site.
Pros
I like the site I was working at
Cons
Company did not have security officers back
Sales
Sales (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VAMarch 31, 2015
Worked in the sales department and called prospective homeowners to sell Home Security and Medical systems through General Electric (G.E.)’s special promotions in specific areas. Weekly salary based on commission and number of sales. Dialed possible leads and pitched homeowners on our security system in attempt to sell the product. Closed on deals as the installation coordinator once promotions department transferred calls to our department.
Pros
Possibility to earn large commisions
Cons
No benefits, Unpredictable pay, unstable pay
One of the most weird places to work
Closer (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAMarch 24, 2015
Everything was shady starting with the interview. The job is very loud music blasting from large speakers all day no benefits at all not even one. Managers are constantly telling u to be LOUD on the phone almost to the point where your screaming a 5 page script in the persons ear. If you do sell its because of luck only because everything is scripted the job only requires that you can read you wont even be using a computer. Managment expects you to talk on the phone like your on some kind of amphetamine you have to be extra pumped up and over scream everyone while on the phones just to prove yourself to managment...Waited an eternity to get my first check also...and management swears they know it all
Pros
Outsmart managment
Cons
Pay, unstable job, No advancement at all, hours, work enviorment, no technology, shady place
Very Negative Place
Sales Person (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAFebruary 27, 2015
Okay start of a job, but the sales are based on luck since you are just reading a script and the credit may not go through, this DOES affect your pay. Training is okay, but some of the managers are hot-headed people to the point it feels unprofessional. This is what they call a "trunk closing" job.
Pros
Co-Workers are nice
Cons
Unfair, no reliable way to get sales, kind of a shady business
Fun place to work but sucked
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Roanoke vaJanuary 11, 2015
I worked there for 4 weeks didn't get one pay check till the end and when I was let go I still had to wait 3 weeks after to get all my other checks (didn't make sense to me) and the reasoning as to why I was let go- because I was not loud enough but maybe if they didn't blare music in the office people could hear me and I wouldn't have to shout and scream!!!
Working and Having fun too
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNJanuary 1, 2015
Listening to music over the loud speaker.
I learned about work ethics and working hard to have something in life.
The managers that I had was an absolute inspiration to me. I loved my bosses and would do anything i could for them.
The co-workers that i worked with was fun but serious about there jobs also.
The hardest part of the job was being hung up on after 4 hours of dialing that day.
The enjoyable part and stress reliever of the job is when my boss would walk by me and crack a joke to break the frustration.
Pros
1 or 2 extra breaks
Cons
Bonuses was hard to get.
Worked from Home
Corporate Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 21, 2014
I enjoyed the flexibility of working from home. Interacting with potential candidates.
Pros
Working from home
Cons
Position not permanent
fun place to work...
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VADecember 18, 2013
loved almost everything about being there the only reason im not is because im goin through a family crisis.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Security Force Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7