Security Industry Specialists, Inc. Employee Reviews

Cool
Security Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cupertino, CANovember 5, 2017
good job for college student. offers flexible schedule. Room for advancement, but low wages for the area I lived in. Scheduling can be a hassle at times, but will work with you.
Good company
Security Specialist (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 4, 2017
I’ve worked here for about 7 months as a security specialist.i like it, it can be boring but I find ways to amuse myself. I like my coworkers. Amazon lets us use the prayer room which is a plus for me. It’s an easy job you just have to have good people skills and good customer service and work within the rules.
Pros
Highly subsidized orca card, Pto, OT available and encouraged to fill spots
Cons
No raises
Stressful, disorganized, duplicitous managerial behavior
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Cupertino, CANovember 3, 2017
Difficult to work at a job when you cannot trust your supervisors.Dispatch very disorganized assigning 3 different locations to cover at the same time.
Relaxed, slow pace job
Security Specialist (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA 98101October 31, 2017
This is a great job for students. You can easily pick up shifts as you please. The management at SIS work great with the employees. There are various posts.
Pros
not many responsibilities
Cons
easy to get bored
Wonderful overall!
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAOctober 30, 2017
Great place to work for, understanding staff and employees, company has been around for a long time and has a great reputation to uphold as they do! Would work for them in a heartbeat!
..jkjkljkjk
CORPORATE SECURITY SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAOctober 24, 2017
Work is great., benefits great. people great. good team. alot of growth and advancement. would reccomend to my firends and colleagues..................................
best unarmed job package available
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, OROctober 21, 2017
company has the best wage scale, and benefits package of any security company I have seen, even Armed companies. paychecks are weekly as well. Management tends to be young and inexperienced. Growth opportunities are small. Excellent place to bid time till your next big break.
Pros
good benefits weekly paychecks
Cons
short breaks, inexperienced management, little growth
Fair
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 18, 2017
Work for this company is stressful at times but the benefits make it worth the while. Management strongly lacking in leading role, demanding and no connection with lower level employees.
Good job after all.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 7, 2017
In general the job was good depending on the day.More training is necessary on the job to get better.The hardest part was when I had to decide for certain situations not having clear message from the management.
Pros
Nice staff by the office.
Cons
Slow processing of employees.
I love to work with apple stores and agencies
Security Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CASeptember 29, 2017
This is the only company that I worked and loved the supervisor and the systems of working. It is really very awesome place, clean job and working with bunch of professionals.
Pros
No free lunch
Cons
Short breaks yes
Entry-Level Job, don't stay here long or it will drain you
Security Specialist (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 28, 2017
SIS claims to hire the top 10% of security professionals but in reality almost exclusively hires young people with little to no job experience, and even then they are NOT security professionals but displaced workers from retail and customer service job sectors. There is not enough supervision and workers are typically poorly trained and have bad work ethic.
Cons
45 minute unpaid lunch
Day at SIS
Security Specialist (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 26, 2017
Working for SIS can be a career change, or you can go day to day to collect a check, like some of my co workers. theres a lot of room for leadership.
Pros
free orca
Cons
sups
Pays bills
Amazon Business Assurance Center Operator (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 24, 2017
Great job, not a career path. Repetitive work. Pays bills, allows you to put food on table. Not meaningful.

this is torture, why is this survey required.
Great company to work for
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CA 90230September 18, 2017
As a supervisor had freedom to work and review all the staff during different shifts. Manager was a good mentor who taught me the ins and outs of the job.
Pros
Paid time off, varied schedule
Amazing!!!
Security Specialist (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 18, 2017
When I came to this company I had never heard of them, but they were amazing. They treat their employees like family. Sadly, shortly after I applied, I fell seriously ill and was forced to resign. They ended up leaving the area but came back a few years later and offered me a position but again I was still not well enough to accept the position but it says a lot that they would be willing to take me back! Best in the security business if you ask me!!!
Sis
Security Specialist (Current Employee) –  AppleSeptember 16, 2017
SIS has some high end contact and they pay more than most secruity company. The schedule are flexible and the supervisors are good at giving vacation. The problem is that they only have a few contact and management has little oversight of the employees.
Pros
High pay and flexible hours
Cons
Lack of overseas and need more contact
Company will not stand up for you
Loss Prevention Officer (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsSeptember 7, 2017
If you are going for a Loss Prevention position, I advise you not to work for this company. They will not stand up for you. Management was horrible. They will promise you this and that but will not follow through. You will be working by yourself and expect to get blame for everything that goes missing. Expect to travel a lot to different sites and no they do not pay for your travel. Whatever they promise you, will change after they hire you.
Pros
Pay was decent
Cons
Travel, getting blame for everything
Productive and fun workplace with ping pong table
Security Officer (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  East Granby, CTSeptember 6, 2017
Great place to work. A typical day included, access control, managing deliveries, regular patrols. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know the employees and having a enjoyable work enviornment.
Protective and fun.
Security Specialist (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 28, 2017
Working at SIS is fun but can from time to time be slow. Everyone you work with has a different back ground. Some days can be slow, while other days are fast.
Great Culture.
Administrative Assistant/ Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAAugust 22, 2017
I really enjoyed working at their corporate office. Need to be able to adapt to changing situations. Great lunchroom with free snacks and drinks. I really enjoy the the culture there.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Security Industry Specialists, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.