Security Industry Specialists, Inc.

Security Industry Specialists, Inc. Employee Reviews in United States

Engage with all team departments
Security Analyst (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJuly 26, 2016
Daily meetings with stakeholders to identify, isolate and determine methods to mitigate potential security hazards reoccurring. Analyze trends and methods of deployment to reduce risk and increase security posture.
Professional Personel who is here to Alter The Status Quo in Security
Retail Operations Security Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 16, 2016
I worked for the NYC Branch as a retail operations specialist(Dover Street,Chanel,Cartier) and I can tell you that This company stands out throughout my career. The personel was great to work with. I worked with Bryon(Supervisor) and I can tell you that Bryon was real professional and can work under pressure. He was never rude or anything less than professional. If you ever worked with him you will see why SIS was great and lucky to have a person like him as a Supervisor. The staff are not borish and didn't have any problems with taking your calls. The co-workers were cool and they weren't like the ones you get from the regular security companies. They were not incompentent or Had any bad vibes. The pay was fair and was better than what the average company pays in NYC. I had to leave because of Communication reasons. I would love to work with them again if I had to hire a security compAny. I would recommend any real professional in the Loss Prevention industry who wants to break that status quo of the same people On the top join SIS and help change this Industry.
Pros
Professional, Understanding, knowegable, educated, down to earth
Cons
None.
Skilled Experience
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 28, 2016
• Skilled at learning new concepts quickly, working well under pressure/communicating ideas effectively, and to have compassion the elderly/disabled people.
Pros
good training instructors
Cons
mismanagement
One of the Better Security Contract Companies.
Business Assurance Center Operator (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 11, 2016
Like most security contract companies. There interest is giving the client what they want and not what they need. Especially if it will make them more money.
Great Teamwork
Specialist/ Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 3, 2016
At SIS we had an amazing team, and great teamwork skills. The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting new people and watching the company grow. I have learned more computer and management skills.
Started great ended bad
Human Resources Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAMay 23, 2016
When I first started working here I absolutely loved the company. Somewhere along the way, the owners put people in charge who had no clue of what to do and then it went downhill from there. I still loved the work I did but I no longer loved the people I was working with. They favored certain people and would leave you out in a minute. What started out as a great place to work turned into a nightmare.
Great employer with great benefits
SECURITY GUARD (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 22, 2016
I only worked with SIS, Inc. for 2.5 months before being let go due to circumstances beyond my control. They pay extremely well, the job sites are relaxed and calm.
I've been doing security for over 8 years, so I didn't really learn anything new.
The management is very hands-off. As long as you show up, stay out of trouble, and do your job, they had zero issues with you.
I had some very cool coworkers, all of whom were easy to get along with.
The hardest part of the job was easily the commute.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the solitude.
Pros
Great pay, great benefits
Cons
Commute
Security
SECURITY SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 15, 2016
Provide security as access control, customer service, alarm responder, escorting Contractors, problems solving, filling daily activity reports plus multi-tasking and give our client highly.
Costumer services to assist them in daily base, receiving orders and applying them from
Leadership.
Enjoyable part of the job?
Security Specialist (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 12, 2016
The enjoyable part of this job for me are my coworkers. You need to have great communication in order for a successful day and if you don't, then things can easily go downhill.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Unorganized
SIS Security
Security Specialist / Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 24, 2016
SIS is good company. High End accounts, good management Just needs more sites. But over all a good company. I would refer someone to this company
Horrible training and untrustworthy site management
Security Specialist Flex (Former Employee) –  Prineville oregon Facebook Data CenterFebruary 18, 2016
Well, I was hired as a Flex person and told the jump to FT for my shift of choice(overnights) would be "very very quick" per the OPS Manager which, after I was hired and talked to the staff was a total lie. I was told there would be 40 hours training. HA!! after 26 I was classified as "all trained up" and put on the call list. What horse poo poo!! I had no access to any of the systems on site (Facebook in Prineville, Oregon), had not experienced or been trained on all possible positions I could be assigned. I was pretty much told to "wing it". The OPS manager had no idea how much training I had gotten. I asked for an interior map of the buildings to give myself a fighting chance of not looking like a complete moron in front of the client and that fell on deaf ears. I was told to "get lost and find your way out". Not professional and a real scam. You can do better elsewhere.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
See the review
Work place of SIS
One (Former Employee) –  TwoFebruary 2, 2016
Worked at SIS for approximately 3.5 years doing IT management project management network administration and engineering
Good
Security Specialist (Current Employee) –  Prineville, ORJanuary 31, 2016
Great company Bad Supervisors. The site manager is the best boss anyone can ask for the the supervisors are NO there for any of the staff.
Fun workplace
Security Specialist (Current Employee) –  Culver City, CADecember 4, 2015
This company offers you a wide variety of work with hi end clientele, as well as a safe environment with growth and opportunity.
Stressful environment due to client but great management
Coporate Security (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CANovember 24, 2015
The first half of the shift was generally very hectic and stressful, due mostly in part to the client management and a large number of client employees who treated the Security Team with disrespect and threats. The latter half categorically grew more pleasant when the majority of the employees left.

Co-workers and Security management where a pleasant reprieve from the client. Very organized and looked after their own.

Dealing with the client employees was the most difficult aspect of the this position.

Security Team management and co-workers where by far the most enjoyable aspect of this position.
Pros
Free coffee and great SIS management and coworkers
Cons
Client, high stress, low morale, felt like walking on broken glass
Favoritism Abundence
Security Specialist (Officer) (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsNovember 14, 2015
Be Prepared to brown nose. Leadership (And I use that Term very loosely) shows EXTREME favoritism to certain specialists/officers.

This company and this Client act like We are Guarding NORAD or nuclear launch codes....We aren't. We also are not allowed to have any mind stimulation while we are on post, which causes us to fall asleep on post, which is pretty much an automatic termination. This company will term you on the spot for minuscule things (Maybe that's why my site has a 50-60% turnover rate??)

However, I love co-workers. We look out and support each other like a little extended family.

Note to Management: We are not Guarding NORAD. RELAX A LITTLE BIT!!!!!
SIS is the best place and company towork for.
Security Specialist (Current Employee) –  Culver City, CANovember 9, 2015
I learn about diversity and how to use it or applied it anywhere or company that I will work for in the future. I have good relationship with my supervisors and compliments from clients.
Pros
Paid two 15 minutes breaks
Cons
NA
Company Strives To Excell.
ODO (Current Employee) –  NYC, NYNovember 7, 2015
Only been with them since August but the bosses seem great, job is fun & pay is excellent for what is expected. They strive to put a quality product out in an industry not known for excellence.
Pros
Good pay, great co-workers & supervisors
nice
Fraud Investigator (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CANovember 2, 2015
It was a nice ride while it lasted. Worked with good people but was expecting a raise and promotion. My review was excellent with the contractor I was working with and well as my company I was working for.
Pros
Own boss
Cons
travel
Productive and fun work place
Human Resources Generalist (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAOctober 6, 2015
High positive energy
Great training and team work
The environment was great
The best part was helping others

Best Regards
Cons
No Job Securty

Security Industry Specialists, Inc. Reviews by Location