Security Industry Specialists, Inc.

Security Industry Specialists, Inc. Employee Reviews

poor everything except pay
Security Specialist (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXOctober 13, 2016
This job is not a great one, but the pay is not bad. The manager hardly evaluates the employees, the pay is great, and job security is at a low you do not know when you would have to fight hard to keep your job. The Account was easy, but they loose accounts so easy and there is no advancement with this job/company..
Pros
free lunch and great pay
Cons
no advancement, poor management, and Supervisor does not what he is doing.
Beneficial, but Challenging
Retail Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CANovember 26, 2016
The company offers many advancement and learning opportunities. The day to day life of a supervisor is very chaotic. I felt that I lacked support and was set up for failure. I enjoy many parts of my job as Retail Security Supervisor, but the expectation and culture are unrealistic.
Outstanding job but very poor upper management
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 10, 2016
This company is truly overall an outstanding organization. But the local upper management leaves a lot to be desired. A tremendous amount of favoritism is exhibited. No real sense of working as a team is seen.
Pros
Great Pay and Great Benefits
Cons
Local Upper Management just needs to be replaced period.
Great employer with great benefits
SECURITY GUARD (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 22, 2016
I only worked with SIS, Inc. for 2.5 months before being let go due to circumstances beyond my control. They pay extremely well, the job sites are relaxed and calm.
I've been doing security for over 8 years, so I didn't really learn anything new.
The management is very hands-off. As long as you show up, stay out of trouble, and do your job, they had zero issues with you.
I had some very cool coworkers, all of whom were easy to get along with.
The hardest part of the job was easily the commute.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the solitude.
Pros
Great pay, great benefits
Cons
Commute
Security jobs
Security Specialist (Current Employee) –  SpecialistFebruary 12, 2017
Since I came to the U.S till now every day prove that security jobs are the worst to get in to.
the lack of respect the lack of advancement the lack of provisional environment and conduct, the poor leadership and the greed of clients makes any security job the worst in my opinion including Security Industry Specialists
Excellent Booster Company
Corporate Site Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 8, 2016
SIS is an excellent company in the private security field. Overall a typical day at work is fairly standard, client interactions, customer service, paperwork, and roves.

The hardest part of the job is staying aware of your surroundings. Sometimes the job can be slow and can result in complacency.

Management could use some improvement. There is a lot of cloak and dagger in regards to site operations that the supervisors should be made aware of so they can pass it down to others.

This is a great company that lets you create contacts and build a network of like minded people.

It is difficult to advance, and you often have to apply 5 or 6 times to be considered for anything. This is because there are either a ton of people applying for the same thing, or the screens for applications just do not like the way you have worded something.
Pros
Lots of training, networking opportunities, awesome pay for what we do
Cons
lack of ability to move forward, no feedback on application status, need to see supervisors more
Excellent company to work for
ODO (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 1, 2017
Fantastic company to work for along with many fantastic people. Many different opportunities in the NYC metro area. Management seems to care about the employees and the NYC office is professional, which represents everything the company stands for in the security industry.
Great Company. Great Management. Invests in their employees.
SOC Operator (Current Employee) –  Forest City, NCDecember 26, 2016
Gave me the opportunity to advance more than any other former employer ever has. CEO has actually visited the site several times and built relationships with his field ops teams.
Travel Specialist
Travel Specialist (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CADecember 14, 2016
The job was standard but the perks were nice. My coworkers all got along. There wasn't too much micro management. Only when it was needed. The hardest part of the job was attempting to stay within written procedures but make exceptions along the way. You start to catch on after a while.
Pros
Free snacks and drinks.
typical security company that contracts with huge tech companies
Security Specialist (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 19, 2016
I like the job for the moment but is very degrading at the same time. I do not feel like I can move up anytime soon and feels like I work with younger individuals or the elderly. The pay is better than average which one thing I like but the way management speaks to employees makes me feel less human and less motivated to go to work.
SIS is not the same company anymore
Coproate Office (Current Employee) –  Culver City, CAJune 30, 2016
SIS used to be an awesome company to work for with social gatherings and a general sense of fun. I used to come to work excited to do my job and happy with my coworkers. Now, it seems like there is no joy anymore and they keep hiring annoying people. We live with worry and fear that when the head of HR shows up, someone is losing their job. We no longer celebrate anything anymore. No birthday wheel, birthday cake, socials, company picnic, nada. It seems like SIS is just not the same as it used to be. The work culture has changed, but everyone still tries hard to do the right thing. If you have a fun personality, please apply because we totally need more fun people here again. I believe that we can recapture the old SIS if we try.
Pros
Integrity
Cons
No fun anymore
Great company
Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Culver City, CAJanuary 18, 2017
This company was the best to work for. It made you feel like you were making a difference at your job. The CEO is a true leader.
Professional Personel who is here to Alter The Status Quo in Security
Retail Operations Security Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 16, 2016
I worked for the NYC Branch as a retail operations specialist(Dover Street,Chanel,Cartier) and I can tell you that This company stands out throughout my career. The personel was great to work with. I worked with Bryon(Supervisor) and I can tell you that Bryon was real professional and can work under pressure. He was never rude or anything less than professional. If you ever worked with him you will see why SIS was great and lucky to have a person like him as a Supervisor. The staff are not borish and didn't have any problems with taking your calls. The co-workers were cool and they weren't like the ones you get from the regular security companies. They were not incompentent or Had any bad vibes. The pay was fair and was better than what the average company pays in NYC. I had to leave because of Communication reasons. I would love to work with them again if I had to hire a security compAny. I would recommend any real professional in the Loss Prevention industry who wants to break that status quo of the same people On the top join SIS and help change this Industry.
Pros
Professional, Understanding, knowegable, educated, down to earth
Cons
None.
If you are a specialist (guard) you are out of luck!!
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 12, 2016
I had high hopes with this job but when from the beginning when the recruiter and your supervisor is saying two different things red flags should have been going off but it didn't. The job was great at first no stress from someone bereathing down your neck, but when your following the rules and your co workers are literally not there during shifts taking two hour lunches, texting throughout the shifts at a retail location and there being rewarded, that's when sirens went off in my head.. I later find out everybody at corporate offices in Seattle and LA are grossly over paid and everyone are just so scared of losing there jobs they will turn on you (literally make things up) if they feel threatened!! I followed all the rules in the handbook, heard endless complements from the clients saying I was the best guard they had ever from SIS, and my reward was to be laid off and not offered anything, while the other people that break every rule in the book gets promoted!!!!! Just Avoid I promise !!
Pros
Low stress, decent hourly wage
Cons
You will be let go at anytime with no notice, supervisor that don't care and will BS everytime
Amazon Campus
Amazon Corporate Security Specialist (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 27, 2016
Working at Amazon was a Great experience.

A private security on a large scale was interesting to experience.

The overall risk to self was minimal.
Pros
Amazonians were GREAT!
Cons
It was not a in house Amazon position
Easy and Fun work environment
SECURITY SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Prineville, ORAugust 20, 2016
Company allows for a multitude of advancement opportunities. Contracts are fun and exciting and clients are friendly.
Pros
Easy Work
Cons
Political
Great Company
Security Specialist (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 10, 2017
Great Company to work for, you meet a lot of different people every day. You are doing new and exciting new task everyday it was a fun and easy job that I liked.
Skilled Experience
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 28, 2016
• Skilled at learning new concepts quickly, working well under pressure/communicating ideas effectively, and to have compassion the elderly/disabled people.
Pros
good training instructors
Cons
mismanagement
Great Teamwork
Specialist/ Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 3, 2016
At SIS we had an amazing team, and great teamwork skills. The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting new people and watching the company grow. I have learned more computer and management skills.
Good job and nice facility
Safety and Security Specialist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 20, 2016
This job really requires a lot from their guards yet it helps to build a well rounded security specialist that knows many different posts and there procedures. Another thing that really stand out with this job is the facility and personnel are both really nice .

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Security Industry Specialists, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Security Industry Specialists, Inc. Reviews by Location