Security Industry Specialists, Inc.

Security Industry Specialists, Inc. Employee Reviews

Work
Security Specialist (Current Employee), Culver City, CAAugust 22, 2015
Pros: Easy Job
Cons: N/A
A typical day at work includes securing access areas and patrolling, roving, or escorting contractors. Also communicating with other specialists, clients, and supervisor. Radioing in anything that is needed to and/or from the supervisors to the contractors.
excellent opportunity
Security Officer (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 11, 2015
Pros: networking opportunity
Cons: not long enough job
This was a temp job but it was a fun and exciting place to work for the month of and after the Super bowl and Pro Bowl. I was a security specialist for the company providing close proximity security for celebrities and athletes who attended the events during super bowl and pro bowl, also provided security for the venues that events were held in for these people.
Great pay and okay benefits, but poor management and advancement.
Security Specialist (Current Employee), Prineville, ORJuly 21, 2015
Pros: You get free lunch on certain positions, but free snacks otherwise (just don't take too much or you get into trouble).
Cons: Poor management, confusing orders, poor teamwork attitude from certain co-workers, mass amounts of technology failures
The management is unorganized. None of them are on the same page when it comes to what you're supposed to be doing for your job. Our job is all about uniformity across all of our sites, but we're not even uniform in our own management. Not only that, but there is favoritism here and if you weren't part of the old security team, good luck when it comes to advancing or getting a better position. Not only that, but some of your co-workers will look down on you for not being part of the old team and you'll have issues getting along with them. The hardest part of the job is having to deal with all of that on a daily basis, but the most enjoyable part of the job is the fact that depending on what position you get, you're alone most of your shift, so you don't really have to deal with it too much.
Get out of there quick!
Specialist (Former Employee), Cupertino and SunnyvaleJuly 10, 2015
Pros: Nothing
Cons: Low Pay and unqualified supervisors.
If you enjoy being paid only $16 an hour with no chance of being promoted, then it's a great place to work. But be prepared to brown nose.
Supervisors are all unqualified with no prior supervisory skills. All they want to do is hand out written warnings.
At $16 an hour, everyone falls under low income.
But management thinks all guards are well paid and can enjoy life outside of work.
Cupertino and Sunnyvale sites are the worst!
specialist
eBay -Receptionist (SIS) (Former Employee), san jose CAJuly 7, 2015
Pros: nothing
Cons: healthcare, management, shortbreaks
I hated working for sis. They have horrible management. They are very rude to their employees, and expect too much out of them. They do not provide them sufficient breaks, considering the time standing with all of the pressure on their knees. Coworkers were always afraid to speak to each other since people were constantly getting scolded.
Great place to work, they work with your life, and give awesome benefits. But the job itself can get taxing.
Security Specialist (Former Employee), Seattle, WAApril 28, 2015
Pros: Great benefits, they work with your life, great people!
I really enjoyed working here. The people I met were all so unique and fun, and I felt like I mattered, even to the people working at corporate. They made me feel like they cared about me, and took a real interest in what was going on in my life. The benefits were always amazing, especially for the price. Over all I would work for them again. However, it does get boring, but then, what else can you expect as a security guard?
Current specialist in Washington DC
Security specialist (Current Employee), Washington dcMarch 31, 2015
Pros: Great pay. Over time advancement paid time off vacation time sick leave great supervisor
Cons: None
This company is great! Supervisor listen to your needs the client is the best I've ever worked for. The pay is the highest for unarmed so and spo's in Washington DC. You can move up. Do you job and come to work.
Fast paced environment with hard workers. There was always a time for play, but we all knew when it was time for work.
Corporate Human Resources Representative (Former Employee), Culver City, CAMarch 31, 2015
SIS is a family. With family comes loyalty and dedication. That's exactly what you'll find working here. Everyone works as a team and ensures that every job, task, detail, etc...is completed thoroughly and effectively in a timely manner. This fast paced, unique and talented environment might not be for most. That's why here at SIS, we only hired those individuals that were willing to be different and think smarter, not work harder. The folks who were motivated and driven, always up for a new challenge. So, strap in and enjoy the ride, SIS is like no other company out there. Now apply, and prove to SIS why you should be apart of the family, what you can bring to the table, day in and out. I guarantee you won't regret working for this incredible company, and the hard work won't go unnoticed. Everyone SIS hires, really gives 110% day in and day out, or shall I say, the "SIS WOW".

I highly recommend applying for this company.
Great Company
Security Specialist (Current Employee), Culver City, CAMarch 5, 2015
Pros: uniforms provided, parking, fair pay
Great Company. Dynamic work environment. Flexible schedule. Very well organised staff. Industry leader.Excellent pay. Positive management and personnel.
poor management and supervisors
security guard (Current Employee), South Jordan utahJanuary 31, 2015
Cons: negativity, management, no trust.
Management and supervisors need to be replaced. Worst company to work for, they have such I high turnover rate. Management ( TP) will only promote and talk to his good friends. Talks down to everyone else. No communication, no trust, a lot of negativity. They are constantly hiring because no one wants to work under the management team. They will term you in a heartbeat if they don't like you.
Nice Place to work
Scheduler (Former Employee), Cupertino, CAJanuary 8, 2015
This was a nice place to work, however no place to grow. If you are ok with just being in one position and not moving up, its a good company. Co-workers were nice too. During the day it is just a lot of scheduling and thats about it.
Plenty of job opportunities
Security Specialist (Former Employee), Seattle, WADecember 30, 2014
Pros: work for some of the biggest companies in the world.
Cons: lots of standing, sore feet/knees.
Patrol assigned zone by foot, enforce client policy and regulations while maintaining a high level of customer service, and investigate all facility related incidents. Ensure that the client, it’s associates, and facility personnel are provided with a safe and professional working environment.
Decent Place to work.
Security Guard (Former Employee), edison, NJDecember 19, 2014
Pros: 401k, benefits
Cons: on call, not in set areas, not steady
Its a decent job, good pay, but, there are no steady positions, you work in multiple areas, mainly malls in the apple stores. They talk about promotions and opportunities alot but thats a complete lie, there is a slim chance you will get any of that. This is a job to get by, thats all it is.
Unprofessional work environment
Security Supervisor (Current Employee), Seattle, WADecember 9, 2014
Pros: build your resume fast
Cons: no support, targeting, intimidation
This site needs to work within the WA state laws. They push out incorrect information in result to legal matters.
over all it was an enjoyable work experience, with typical corporate security logistics.
Safety & Security Officer (Former Employee), San Jose, CANovember 19, 2014
Pros: available hours
Cons: extreme favoritism when promotions and work schedules were involved
As a Flex officer I would either be covering a special event or I would be working as a Patrol officer. As a Patrol officer my job was to mostly conduct exterior door checks and interior door checks. As well as conduct hourly server room checks looking for temperature and humidity spikes.

As this was my first civilian security job i learned to differentiate my military training from public security. The job reinforced my ability to work as part of a team and my customer service skills.

Management was stern but mostly fair. First line leaders however let personal friendships coerce their decisions when it came to bringing on officers as full time and shift preference.

For the most part my co-workers and i enjoyed working together and felt confident in our ability to complete all tasks with efficiency.

The hardest part of the position was interacting with the corporate clients while following our operating procedures. Such as employees parking in an electric-car parking space only when they do not have one. Also different levels of management did not communicate effectively so directions and scheduling was not always clear.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the company in its self was a positive place to work.
Good workplace
Assistant Supervisor (Former Employee), Maiden, NCNovember 8, 2014
Pros: healthcare has been provided
I had a great experience with this company. I loved my Job and my position. I had good opportunities with SIS. My location with SIS was in Maiden, North Carolina. Great management, good motivation and inspiration. I received good training all the time. I am proud that I was a part of SIS. If I get a chance to move back to the US, I would love to be a part of them again. I miss that company a lot. Unfortunately I had to move back to germany for family reasons. For everyone, who ever will decide to be a part of SIS, it will be a great choice. Amazing employer!!!
event security
Security guard (Current Employee), New York, NYOctober 28, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: no room to grow
stands guard protecting people property and information..........
Meatgrinder...
Security Specialist (Former Employee), Seattle, WASeptember 17, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: poor management and terrible treatment of employees
You are a number and nothing more. They will work you as much as they can and will let you go immediately for any reason...
Straight-forward security with HIGH expectations on customer service
Security Guard (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJuly 29, 2014
Pros: friendly clients, mostly customer relations and asset protection, entry point, good pay
Cons: short- term work, sometimes the location is so secret; that the first day is a little rough to find the place
Look sharp, be 10-15 minutes early, be very friendly and attentive and this is a great job for you.

Military, law enforcement and 5+ year experienced guards are mostly hired here. The shifts are 8 to 12 hours, usually great on breaks. management is decent as long as the client(s) are not too picky.

The positions are MOSTLY SHORT-TIME WORK. 5-10 days for special events.

Shirts are usually provided; unarmed positions.

top performers usually get first pick on shifts.
productive work environment with a great staff
Business Assurance Center Operator (Current Employee), Seattle, WAJuly 7, 2014
Pros: great group of people, fast work environment, health plane
Cons: pay, computer speed, work environment rules (unclear)
A typical day at work would include clocking in at 6am and going through a 20 to 30 minute briefing with the physical security team working in the field. In the briefing we go over events that have taken place within the past 24 hours such as break-ins, missed alarms, and knew adjustments made to site pages. Once that is complete, for the next eight hours I take part in completing phone calls to sites, dispatching many alarms, sending emails,creating lengthy desk journal entries and creating trouble tickets.
Since starting this job I have found that everyday working here is different. Myself along with my co-workers are constantly learning knew things and expanding our knowledge in new computer programs and places across the globe. I believe this because we cover so many sites as a team from from Europe, Asia, and the Americas and are always implementing new computer programs to work with.
When working with a management team it is very important to have a group of managers that you feel comfortable with and can bring your work problems to with no hesitation. Working at SIS i believe that we have that here. The managers are very personable as well as very professional and if i could, i would bring them along with me to the next career destination.
Your co-workers can make or break your work experience and of course you are not going to like everyone that you work with. I am lucky enough to say that i enjoy the majority of my co-workers, i am really grateful to be able to say that because working in environment that i am in, it is very important to have a strong team environment. – more... Between sending emails, making calls, sending out alarms, creating trouble tickets and monitoring cameras things can get very hectic and from time to time assistance is need from co-workers.
When thinking about the that hard parts of the job i wouldn't say there are things that are very "hard" because i feel as if i do a great job at what i do. There are things that are difficult though, this being when there isn't a highly detailed pass down of information from one shift to another of previous events Or if there isn't a smooth briefing with the field security. When one of those two things happens it becomes difficult for the oncoming shift because we have no clue on current problems that are at hand. We don't know what steps need to be taken with problems and the steps that have already been taken so we end up in the dark.
The most enjoyable parts of my job are the personal connection that everyone has with one another and the group activities that take place among the co-workers inside and outside of work. – less
Industry