Security Industry Specialists, Inc.

Security Industry Specialists, Inc. Employee Reviews

Good
Security Specialist (Current Employee) –  Prineville, ORJanuary 31, 2016
Great company Bad Supervisors. The site manager is the best boss anyone can ask for the the supervisors are NO there for any of the staff.
Fun workplace
Security Specialist (Current Employee) –  Culver City, CADecember 4, 2015
This company offers you a wide variety of work with hi end clientele, as well as a safe environment with growth and opportunity.
Stressful environment due to client but great management
Coporate Security (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CANovember 24, 2015
The first half of the shift was generally very hectic and stressful, due mostly in part to the client management and a large number of client employees who treated the Security Team with disrespect and threats. The latter half categorically grew more pleasant when the majority of the employees left.

Co-workers and Security management where a pleasant reprieve from the client. Very organized and looked after their own.

Dealing with the client employees was the most difficult aspect of the this position.

Security Team management and co-workers where by far the most enjoyable aspect of this position.
Pros
Free coffee and great SIS management and coworkers
Cons
Client, high stress, low morale, felt like walking on broken glass
Favoritism Abundence
Security Specialist (Officer) (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsNovember 14, 2015
Be Prepared to brown nose. Leadership (And I use that Term very loosely) shows EXTREME favoritism to certain specialists/officers.

This company and this Client act like We are Guarding NORAD or nuclear launch codes....We aren't. We also are not allowed to have any mind stimulation while we are on post, which causes us to fall asleep on post, which is pretty much an automatic termination. This company will term you on the spot for minuscule things (Maybe that's why my site has a 50-60% turnover rate??)

However, I love co-workers. We look out and support each other like a little extended family.

Note to Management: We are not Guarding NORAD. RELAX A LITTLE BIT!!!!!
SIS is the best place and company towork for.
Security Specialist (Current Employee) –  Culver City, CANovember 9, 2015
I learn about diversity and how to use it or applied it anywhere or company that I will work for in the future. I have good relationship with my supervisors and compliments from clients.
Pros
Paid two 15 minutes breaks
Cons
NA
Company Strives To Excell.
ODO (Current Employee) –  NYC, NYNovember 7, 2015
Only been with them since August but the bosses seem great, job is fun & pay is excellent for what is expected. They strive to put a quality product out in an industry not known for excellence.
Pros
Good pay, great co-workers & supervisors
nice
Fraud Investigator (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CANovember 2, 2015
It was a nice ride while it lasted. Worked with good people but was expecting a raise and promotion. My review was excellent with the contractor I was working with and well as my company I was working for.
Pros
Own boss
Cons
travel
Productive and fun work place
Human Resources Generalist (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAOctober 6, 2015
High positive energy
Great training and team work
The environment was great
The best part was helping others

Best Regards
Cons
No Job Securty
Good experience and exposure to a new client Apple Beats
Site Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Culver City, CASeptember 29, 2015
Making sure that Apple Beats was secure and the surronding areas as well. Communicated with the Client and attended meeting with staff. Gave feedback to Management on situations or improvements.
Pros
Good team to work with
Cons
Not enough staff
Good Pay vs. Schedule
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  FloridaAugust 26, 2015
Pay was very decent. I recall several instances where I was called in for a shift and when I arrived to the site I was "not needed" and was not able to work my complete shift. Management in my experience were uncompromising and not sympathetic to your personal responsibilities.
Pros
Great Pay.
Cons
have to fax your worked hours in, it's a hassle.
Work
Security Specialist (Current Employee) –  Culver City, CAAugust 22, 2015
A typical day at work includes securing access areas and patrolling, roving, or escorting contractors. Also communicating with other specialists, clients, and supervisor. Radioing in anything that is needed to and/or from the supervisors to the contractors.
Pros
Easy Job
Cons
N/A
excellent opportunity
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 11, 2015
This was a temp job but it was a fun and exciting place to work for the month of and after the Super bowl and Pro Bowl. I was a security specialist for the company providing close proximity security for celebrities and athletes who attended the events during super bowl and pro bowl, also provided security for the venues that events were held in for these people.
Pros
networking opportunity
Cons
not long enough job
Great pay and okay benefits, but poor management and advancement.
Security Specialist (Current Employee) –  Prineville, ORJuly 21, 2015
The management is unorganized. None of them are on the same page when it comes to what you're supposed to be doing for your job. Our job is all about uniformity across all of our sites, but we're not even uniform in our own management. Not only that, but there is favoritism here and if you weren't part of the old security team, good luck when it comes to advancing or getting a better position. Not only that, but some of your co-workers will look down on you for not being part of the old team and you'll have issues getting along with them. The hardest part of the job is having to deal with all of that on a daily basis, but the most enjoyable part of the job is the fact that depending on what position you get, you're alone most of your shift, so you don't really have to deal with it too much.
Pros
You get free lunch on certain positions, but free snacks otherwise (just don't take too much or you get into trouble).
Cons
Poor management, confusing orders, poor teamwork attitude from certain co-workers, mass amounts of technology failures
Get out of there quick!
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cupertino and SunnyvaleJuly 10, 2015
If you enjoy being paid only $16 an hour with no chance of being promoted, then it's a great place to work. But be prepared to brown nose.
Supervisors are all unqualified with no prior supervisory skills. All they want to do is hand out written warnings.
At $16 an hour, everyone falls under low income.
But management thinks all guards are well paid and can enjoy life outside of work.
Cupertino and Sunnyvale sites are the worst!
Pros
Cons
Low Pay and unqualified supervisors.
specialist
eBay -Receptionist (SIS) (Former Employee) –  san jose CAJuly 7, 2015
I hated working for sis. They have horrible management. They are very rude to their employees, and expect too much out of them. They do not provide them sufficient breaks, considering the time standing with all of the pressure on their knees. Coworkers were always afraid to speak to each other since people were constantly getting scolded.
Pros
nothing
Cons
healthcare, management, shortbreaks
Great place to work, they work with your life, and give awesome benefits. But the job itself can get taxing.
Security Specialist (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 28, 2015
I really enjoyed working here. The people I met were all so unique and fun, and I felt like I mattered, even to the people working at corporate. They made me feel like they cared about me, and took a real interest in what was going on in my life. The benefits were always amazing, especially for the price. Over all I would work for them again. However, it does get boring, but then, what else can you expect as a security guard?
Pros
Great benefits, they work with your life, great people!
Current specialist in Washington DC
Security specialist (Current Employee) –  Washington dcMarch 31, 2015
This company is great! Supervisor listen to your needs the client is the best I've ever worked for. The pay is the highest for unarmed so and spo's in Washington DC. You can move up. Do you job and come to work.
Pros
Great pay. Over time advancement paid time off vacation time sick leave great supervisor
Cons
Fast paced environment with hard workers. There was always a time for play, but we all knew when it was time for work.
Corporate Human Resources Representative (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAMarch 31, 2015
SIS is a family. With family comes loyalty and dedication. That's exactly what you'll find working here. Everyone works as a team and ensures that every job, task, detail, etc...is completed thoroughly and effectively in a timely manner. This fast paced, unique and talented environment might not be for most. That's why here at SIS, we only hired those individuals that were willing to be different and think smarter, not work harder. The folks who were motivated and driven, always up for a new challenge. So, strap in and enjoy the ride, SIS is like no other company out there. Now apply, and prove to SIS why you should be apart of the family, what you can bring to the table, day in and out. I guarantee you won't regret working for this incredible company, and the hard work won't go unnoticed. Everyone SIS hires, really gives 110% day in and day out, or shall I say, the "SIS WOW".

I highly recommend applying for this company.
Great Company
Security Specialist (Current Employee) –  Culver City, CAMarch 5, 2015
Great Company. Dynamic work environment. Flexible schedule. Very well organised staff. Industry leader.Excellent pay. Positive management and personnel.
Pros
uniforms provided, parking, fair pay
poor management and supervisors
security guard (Current Employee) –  South Jordan utahJanuary 31, 2015
Management and supervisors need to be replaced. Worst company to work for, they have such I high turnover rate. Management ( TP) will only promote and talk to his good friends. Talks down to everyone else. No communication, no trust, a lot of negativity. They are constantly hiring because no one wants to work under the management team. They will term you in a heartbeat if they don't like you.
Cons
negativity, management, no trust.