Security Properties has an opening for a Sr. Accountant – Construction for our Seattle corporate office. This position is responsible for all aspects of accounting and financial reporting for multiple large-scale construction projects from the permit phase to completion.
Security Properties specializes in the acquisition, development and operation of multifamily rental housing. For more than 40 years, the company has provided quality housing to its residents as well as excellent financial performance for its investors. Over time, Security Properties has acquired or developed over 66,500 residential units at a cost of over $3.35 billion. Security Properties maintains a focused multifamily strategy supported by integrated teams of professional acquisition, development, construction, investment, and property management specialists.
The Sr. Accountant - Construction position will be responsible for the following:
- Collaborating with project managers and third party vendors/consultants to organize and process funding and draw requests.
- Job cost tracking and cost reporting, maintaining anticipated cost reports, monitoring general ledger report and maintaining budget reports. Identify budget variances and prepare change orders to the project budget.
- Preparing monthly financial reports to meet joint venture and lending requirements.
- Ensuring accounting, financial and project-related contract compliance according to joint venture agreements and lending requirements.
- Analyzing projects for completion, make necessary journal entries, reconcile general ledger to project budget.
- Maintaining excellent communication with general contractors and project managers to ensure all accounting, invoicing, payment and compliance processes are in place.
Requirements include minimum of five years of construction accounting experience on large construction projects, a bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field, and strong general ledger experience to include account reconciliation. Experience in financial accounting and excellent analytical and financial skills also required. Strong Excel skills are also needed in addition to excellent written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills.
Security Properties is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For more information on the company, please check out our website at www.securityproperties.com.