Security Service Federal Credit Union Employee Reviews

Amazing Place to Work
Member Relationship Officer (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 16, 2016
I would tell any one that ask me that SSFCU is a great place to work and I was privileged to be apart of my team. I grew so much as a person and as a professional. Management makes you feel valued and appreciated and that you are apart of the bigger picture.
Pros
Great benifits
Cons
Do not value higher edducation
Wonderful company
Member Contact Rep (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 2, 2016
One of the best companies that I have worked for. They are fair and understanding. The availability to pick up extra hours was always high. The people and management were polite, considerate, and informative. They take their time to train you well on their system.
Productive and Fun place to learn
Teller (Current Employee) –  Centennial, COMay 24, 2016
Work Is fun and simple. They help you learn all of the basics, with great co-workers and and amazing management team it is easy to fit in and figure things out. And with every job there are some cons, and for them it would be being slightly understaffed and having difficult members
Pros
Long Breaks, Flexible Scheduel, Great benifits, Colorados Healthiest Employer
Great training.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 5, 2016
Some of the best co-workers I have known. Everyone is trained to be excellent in all the departments. I would recommend anyone to join the in their career path. Good foundation.
Far too concerned with meeting credit card/new account goals
MEMBER RELATIONSHIP REPRESENTATIVE (TELLER) (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COMarch 25, 2016
I worked here for a few months and quit after I realized management was more concerned with meeting their new account and credit card goals then how things are actually going with the company. Since SSFCU is a credit union, new accounts are very difficult to get. It was not a fun environment and very difficult to move up or get a promotion.
Pros
Benefits such as low interest while an employee
Cons
Management, unreachable goals
Excellent Company with Great Benefits
Lead Member Relationship Officer (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 1, 2016
Our leaders are empowering, but if you don't hear them speak often, you forget the end game for the credit union. The day to day is busy and constant. Management has a lot on their plate and spend too much time trying to babysit employees. The hardest part of the job is having to tell people you've tried everything, but can't help them at this time.
Productive and positive workplace
CSR (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 21, 2016
A typical day consisted of many yet easy steps. It was repetitive and consistent. You gain better multi tasking skills along with a greater understanding of team work and what it feels like to contribute to an organization focused on the total success achieved by each department.
Pros
long lunch hours
Cons
pay can be better for amount of work
Great Leadership
MCC Sales Referral Rep (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 18, 2016
Great company with great leadership. From the management level to the executives, people are motivated to help everyone succeed.
Good company to work for
Senior Asset Recovery Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 9, 2015
The job was very fast paced and exciting. The most enjoyable part of my job as the colleagues i worked with, everyone was willing to take the time to help.
Pros
supportive team
Cons
absolutely nothing
My Summary
MCC Officer (Current Employee) –  el paso, txJune 12, 2015
I learned a lot of terms in regards to finances and a lot of loan processing. The overall work culture is not one that is conducive to moving forward in the company.
Typcial Banking Job
Member Relationship Officer (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 4, 2015
the culture there is great...provided you don't get stuck with an area manager that doesn't like you. pay is based off sales. no matter what they tell you if you are at the branch level it is all about sales. you cannot get promoted unless you make your goals. but if you are good never moving up or ever getting a pay increase then you can totally not sell anything.
Lead Member Relationship Officer
Lead Member Relationship Officer (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 14, 2015
WeI learned a lot from my management team. They help me become a better person, and gave me all the tools I needed to become a leader and manager within the company. Not much negative i can say about the branch i work for. I would have like to been compensated a little more after working here 6 years. Not enough incentive pay wise to move up to management.
Pros
good management team, good benefits
Cons
pay could be better, at times and more balanced of the work load. A lot was put on the shoulders of the Senior Reps.
Nice new building being built. Gold's Gym Membership
Payment Services Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 14, 2015
Enjoy some of the employees. Enjoy my work. I like my workstation. Great office view. Great gym facilities. Enjoy working with employees outside of Texas.
Supportive company with lots of community involvement
Member Relationship Representative (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 25, 2015
Security Service is a great company to work for. They have great benefits and job security. Learning tools are easily accessible and management offers great support. Work atmosphere is great, almost like family. Work days are never dull and the fast paced environment makes time go by fast.

Hardest part of the job is the recently implemented, required, increasing sales goals, which have noticeably decreased the quality of work being submitted by employees. Credit Union sadly gearing towards Bank culture.
Pros
great benefits, supportive
Cons
extreme sales pressure
A great place and environment to work
Member Relationship Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 14, 2015
I knew I wanted a career in banking and Security Service was a great place to help me further my knowledge and ensure that working for an institution is definitely what I want to do for my future. I was shy at first, trying to cross sell our products to the members but with their help, I learned more about the products and was cross selling easier to the members while being more confident. The managers were great, anything I needed help with, they would find a way to help and of course make simple suggestions to farther my knowledge in my position.
Great Working Branch with high expectations
Senior Member Service Rep/Senior Teller (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, Texas 78232January 7, 2015
Assist members with transaction and products they need. I learned how to assist member and build lasting relationships with members. My management staff has assisted me with my advancement in the last 4 years and helped me succeed in my career, my co-workers make it easier to thrive, and communicate, and succeed in our monthly and quarterly goals. The hardest part of my job is to get everything done before the end of the day due to member flow we can be relatively busy leaving little time to get the day to day items and audits completed. The most enjoyable part of my job is to make a member more successful financially. Creating a relationship with my member that makes them want to return over and over and do business with me personally.
Pros
great work experience
Cons
low pay and little advancement opportunities
Great place to learn about the finance field
Member Relationship Representative (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 30, 2014
For the most part the work environment can be fast and some times hectic like most other jobs but it helps the time go by fast. I have learned and acquired many great skills from the company. The job can be stressful at times due to the turn over rate. Advancing can be hard at times also.
Pros
learn great skills
Cons
stressful work environment
Good place to work, slow to adapt to market
Member Relationship Officer (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 7, 2014
Somewhat relaxed environment.
Heavy on sales culture
Somewhat competitive pay, though no commission.
Pros
business casual attire
Cons
pay could be better
Great work environment
Member Service Relationship Officer (Current Employee) –  Pleasant Grove, UTApril 3, 2014
Great management fun to work. Great benifits and super fun to work here. They have a great team that is willing to help out.
Security Service Federal credit union is a great place to work
Information Systems Auditor (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 19, 2014
I enjoyed my ten years with SSFCU. the culture and the work ethic were great. I learned a lot from my previous director in internal audit and that has kept me active in the audit arena.
my co workers were supportive and the Board of directors and audit committee were pleasant to work with.
I didn't want to leave but a management position opened up at Clear Channel and I couldn't pass the opportunity.

Security Service Federal Credit Union Reviews by Location