Security Service Federal Credit Union Employee Reviews

Credit Union
Member Service Relationship Officer (Former Employee) –  Harlingen, TXSeptember 11, 2017
Great company to work for with great benefits suchas 401k, insurance, health plans, and investments. Advancement is a bit slow but depends what branch you work for.
Great beginner job for finance
Member Relations Representative (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COAugust 28, 2017
Needs a better grip on management
Favoritism
Lack of Opportunity
Takes up your entire day so balance of personal life isn't really there
Not the most competitive wages
Pros
Great Benefits and Vacation time accrument
Cons
Poor Management, non flexible schedule, poor training
Great place to get experience
Member Contact Center Officer (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 5, 2017
This is a great place to gain financial institution and call center experience. Their pay rates are competitive as well and they offer 401k. I would suggest to a friend.
Pros
free health care and Gym membership
Cons
sedentary, Not very member oriented
Job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJuly 26, 2017
good place to work at but schedules could not work if going to school. They are helpful while on training and after training, and offer assistance all the time
Not a bad place to work
Quality Assurance Engineer/Tester (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 13, 2017
Not a bad place to work. the worst thing is having to answer to more than one boss at the same time constantly. There would always be someone looking down to you.
Pros
Easy going environment
Cons
low compensation
Sales Environment
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 5, 2017
OJT Provided - a lot of hands on training in the work environment with face to face interaction with customers
Ongoing Training
Micromanaging by upper management
Relaxed professional environment
Senior AML Compliance Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 24, 2017
self motivated tasks to be completed daily. Case investigations, alert review, high risk review to stay within financial institution regulations. Gather evidence for SAR filings, complete CTRs for submissions. Relaxed environment, professional employees.
Pros
Great Healthcare options
Cons
management often over looked proper to complete tasks
Good benefits
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJune 13, 2017
Variety of tasks throughout the day, good and friendly co-workers, good rapport with vendors company deals with, good working conditions, meeting new people
Professional work environment
Teller/Accountant (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CO 80913May 16, 2017
I enjoyed working here the only reason I had to leave was due to PSC move to Germany. The company new of this move and still allowed me to go to training to advance in my career with them. The Hours of operation where lovely as well.
Pros
recognition for hard work by having employee of the month
Cons
having to come in on snow days
gret company, bad workers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 11, 2017
The company is a great company to work for they really try to take care of their employees, although because the company is currently going through a lot of upgrades to both their member products and our internal systems an procedures a lot of the employees are unwilling to accept change and the environment has become a bit unprofessional between the new hires and the senior representatives
Pros
great benefits, healthyiest place to work, great opportunities
Cons
rude co-co workers, constatn changes in leadership, gaps in training
Loan Processor II (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COApril 30, 2017
I loved my team and managers. SSFCU offers their employee's benefits like no other job out there. They have dedicated employees who are active in their communities, and striving to be Americas best credit union. I learned skills that I will use not only in any other future jobs, but in my everyday life as well.
Pros
benefits, great environment.
Fast pace enviroment
Senior Member Service Officer (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 26, 2017
A day at work would consist of helping members resolve or answer any banking information. I would service all members of the company and resolve any escalation issues to may come about. Most importantly co workers and management relied on me to assist or help one another, every much a team player. My management team was amazing throughout my growth within the company, I have learned a lot about banking, loans, the products that are offered in the financial industry. However I would say the hardest part about my job is not having all the resources to service the member to the best of my ability without breaking policies and procedures. Overall the company has been a great place to work for, I meet so many amazing people that have become family to me. Security Service has opened up the door to my career advancement, and I'm ready to see what else is out there so I can continue to grow.
Typical call center
Customer Service Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 10, 2017
As a former employee and current credit union member, this place has only become more and more of a disappointment. They preach that they care more about their customers because it's a credit union, but that simply is not true. They become more like a bank every day. Working for them wasn't terrible, but certainly nothing to be happy about. Management was terrible.
Employee centric organization
AVP Member Service (Former Employee) –  Greeley COMarch 8, 2017
Focused on helping employees embrace the Credit Union philosophy of "people helping people" by educating membership to achieve their financial dreams.
Great company to work for
Member Relationship Representative (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXFebruary 22, 2017
The atmosphere is pretty relaxed and people are encouraging with career goals. It is a great place to work at to get some experience in the financial industry and management works with school schedules in order to provide an employee with peace of mind.
Pros
Paid health insurance
Cons
People in management have been there 20+ years and some are not cut out for a job in management.
Productive work place
BANK WIRE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 13, 2016
Great company
Growing with today's needs
Treats staff well and they work hard because
of that.
People stay with this Credit Union because they
are awesome
Pros
Advancement attainable
Pofessional and energetic
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Taylorsville, UTNovember 29, 2016
I thuroghly enjoyed my time invested here.
I consider myself a morning person, great attitudes and coffee always brewing in the break room.
I learned discipline, persistence, and trusting myself to accomplish tasks in an organized and timely manner. I consider my co workers as friends, we're all human and make mistakes. It is important to me that i lend a helping hand and contain enough humility to admit when I need one as well.
The hardest part of the job would honestly be refusing to find the answers to complex tasks. Jobs are only as hard as I set them out to be.
I enjoyed striving to continuously influence those around me for the better and make long term customer service based relationships.
Exciting Work Orientated
Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 10, 2016
Reviewing Scripts and Testing New Mobile Applications
Writing Testing scripts
Management is very productive
Co-workers are friendly and helpful
The most enjoyable part of the job is completing tasks ahead of time
Pros
Rewards
Amazing Place to Work
Member Relationship Officer (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 16, 2016
I would tell any one that ask me that SSFCU is a great place to work and I was privileged to be apart of my team. I grew so much as a person and as a professional. Management makes you feel valued and appreciated and that you are apart of the bigger picture.
Pros
Great benifits
Cons
Do not value higher edducation
Wonderful company
Member Contact Rep (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 2, 2016
One of the best companies that I have worked for. They are fair and understanding. The availability to pick up extra hours was always high. The people and management were polite, considerate, and informative. They take their time to train you well on their system.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Security Service Federal Credit Union. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval