Security Service Federal Credit Union

Security Service Federal Credit Union Employer Reviews

Great work environment
Member Service Relationship Officer (Current Employee), Pleasant Grove, UTApril 3, 2014
Great management fun to work. Great benifits and super fun to work here. They have a great team that is willing to help out.
Security Service Federal credit union is a great place to work
Information Systems Auditor (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXFebruary 19, 2014
I enjoyed my ten years with SSFCU. the culture and the work ethic were great. I learned a lot from my previous director in internal audit and that has kept me active in the audit arena.
my co workers were supportive and the Board of directors and audit committee were pleasant to work with.
I didn't want to leave but a management position opened up at – more... Clear Channel and I couldn't pass the opportunity. – less
What I learned
Senior Member Service Representative (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COOctober 25, 2013
How to provide supreme customer service. Accurately process auto loans, consolidation loans, Home Equity loans and Boat and RV loans. Processed numerous financial transactions, loan applications and new account documents. Performed daily with numerous software and data-processing equipment including: Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
Great company to work for
Sr. Service Center Representative I (Current Employee), El Paso, TXSeptember 4, 2013
Pros: good benefits, great work environment, great learning experience
Cons: professional positions are hard to come about.
I've been working at Security Service Federal Credit Union for 5 years 9 months now. They've always had a great culture for teamwork and service to our members. I've moved up quick and have gotten quite a few raises. This is a company were you can build a career and learn a lot every day.
not a job for me
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), TexasJune 4, 2013
Job is ok for anyone wanting to be on phones all day. Call centers are not for everyone.
Depends on who is a favorite
Teller II (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXMay 9, 2013
A day at SSFCU is interesting, you meet all sorts of people all day. I learned how to better interact with people, especially when presented with problems. If you are not a favorite of the management team then you will not get anywhere. The co-workers there act like they are in high school. The most enjoyable thing that I took from there is the few – more... friends that I met along the way. – less
Member Services
Teller/ Member Services (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXApril 7, 2013
Set up new accounts and loans for new members. Review new products and recommend new products for members
Good company to work for and an easy way to get into the banking industry.
Senior Collector (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXFebruary 18, 2013
Pros: nice cafe and surroundings
Cons: horrible traffic
A normal day was calling and taking call on past due accounts. The accounts covered, home, vehicle, credit cards, checking and other type of accounts. I had a great boss. She showed me a different side of management. The hardest part of the job was not having any ownership of an account. Everyday different accounts. There was no accountability and no – more... room for advancement. The pay was very low. – less
great environment to work in
Member Service Representative (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXJanuary 29, 2013
great training program with multiple resources to facilitate, prepare and acquire knowledge to further help members and satisfy their needs. Great management team that provides me with enough time, support and help to complete my responsibilities. Hardest part of the job is helping members with new acquired skills for the first time after much practice – more... task becomes easier which becomes the most enjoyable part of my job. – less
Good Career but poor managment
Check Processing Specialist (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJanuary 17, 2013
Pros: good benfits, decent pay
Cons: poor mangement
As a Ex Employee after working almost 5 years i will say that the job was good, the pay was decent. BUT the managment was horrible this place picks favs, If you get close to the managment you will be there forever.
I will only tell someone to work here if you dont have a problem with this or the pay.
Great Workplace
Secondary Marketing- Mortgage Services (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXJanuary 6, 2013
Pros: great culture
Very employee friendly, great culture and place to work.

Would recommend anybody work here
Very good Place to work
Management (Current Employee), TexasDecember 5, 2012
Pros: benefits, opportunity for advancement, management
I'm a little confused about the disgrunted current employee who says "management is a joke" and that they "ruined" their live. Coming from a management position and being with the company over 15 years, Security Service is one of the best companies to work for. People only get out of their job what they put into their job, If they come to work everyday – more... with a poor attitude, never to work on-time, making mistakes, and always disrespecting upper management, then the job is not a good fit for them. They have great benefits and there is plenty of opportunity for advancement within the credit union. – less
LOL
Employee (Current Employee), United StatesAugust 9, 2012
Pros: n/a
Cons: management is a joke
Management is a joke, bottom line is they don't care about anyone... just the bottom line. Don't care if they ruin peoples lives.

December 5, 2012

It's funny that you think management is a "joke". Bottom line may be that you don't know how to do you job, have a bad attitude, or YOU just don't care. How would a company ruin your life? Seems like you are a the problem. From my experience working for such a great company, I have been recognized for doing my job and have been promoted several times over. Maybe Security Service is NOT the job for you.

June 25, 2013

It takes courage to be honest about an unpleasant company. Thanks for your input. I will be looking elsewhere.

Good work environment overall
Asset Recovery Call Center Supervisor I (Current Employee), San Antonio, TexasMay 8, 2012
Pros: bonus structure
Cons: healthcare packages
• Leads, coaches and manages a team of collectors
• Establishes action plans to meet team performance standards
• Coaches team to ensure monthly, quarterly, and annual goal attainment
• Actively participates in formulation of ideas and processes to improve the overall operation of the team
• Assigned to special project teams for refinances, consumer – more... and home equity loan modification, and extension review process
• Analyze and evaluate delinquent accounts and identify appropriate collection options while balancing member and institution needs – less
It was a fast paced, high stress environment.
Member Contact Center Rep (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXApril 16, 2012
Pros: the pay was good
Cons: management was lax
A typical day was filled with back to back customer calls. The hardest part was finding information for the customers in a timely manner without causing the callers to get frustrated or angry.

About Security Service Federal Credit Union

Security Service Federal Credit Union (SSFCU) works to keep its members' cash secure. Through more than 30 branches in the San – Read more