Securus

Securus Employer Reviews

Great enviroment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), carroltonNovember 16, 2014
This job made me happy coming to work. With the ability to treat the customers with respect actual putting the customer first. The management listened to the employees concerns
Exciting
Senior Quality Analyst (Former Employee), Dallas, TXOctober 24, 2014
Pros: learning new things
Cons: huge company things move slow
Directed all lab configurations for system test, feature test and interoperability tests. Responsible for the coordination of all network routers and hubs.Led competency team during the implementation of several systems designs, i.e., VOIP H.323 and SIP, into a user-friendly network.
Developed test plan and execute functional testing, load and stress testing. Performed integration and negative testing for SIP/VoIP
Player in a strong industry
Support Services (Current Employee), Carrollton, TexasOctober 13, 2014
The services provided by Securus will always be in demand. The days at Securus are long and fast-paced. Improvements in diversifying management and promoting qualified individuals from within are necessary.
Ok
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Carrollton, TXSeptember 30, 2014
a lot of angry calls. You have to have patience. Management doesn't really do anything.
Install and repair inmate telephone systems
Field Service Technician II (Former Employee), Chula Vista, CASeptember 17, 2014
Installed, repaired, and maintained voice over IP(VoIP) telephone systems for six correctional facilities in the southern San Diego area. Managed site stock of parts required for preventive maintenance and installation jobs, configured software for Adtran equipment, maintained customer relations with the sites, and additionally utilized diverse tools including, but not limited to power drills, screwdrivers, wire crimpers and cutters, socket sets, wire toners, wire pullers, and radial saw. Adept in excel, Microsoft Outlook and Word Software systems
Learned a lot about GREED
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Carrollton, TXAugust 14, 2014
Cons: this company takes money from those that cannot afford it with out blinking an eye.
• Provide first-level telephone-based support leveraging web-based tools and ticketing system. Some email, chat or other electronic means of support.
• Troubleshoot devices and software following standard protocols.
• Sell our products and services by upgrading existing customers to next-generation technology and converting prospective customers calling for general product information.
• Save the accounts of customers who are not fully satisfied or who inquire about cancellation.
• Each day I used multiple programs throughout my shift from Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, BillMatrix, Equifax, and various other programs.
reproductive
Quality Control Specialist (Current Employee), Portland, ORJuly 12, 2014
Pros: weekly bonuses and incentives.
Cons: upward mobility.
I appreciate my current job it has been a very nice experience and overall a huge stepping stone into hopefully a more lucrative future I am very fortunate to have great management and friends that have inspired me to reach my full potential for this I am grateful. I've learned that sales and customer service jobs are about helping people feel important and viable in what's being provided and helping their needs and purposes be meet with great service and professionalism, I feel it's important to have a great report with those you work with so I also
made it a point to develop healthy relationships that extends beyond the work place..I really feel the hardest part of the job is when I don't do my best and its the most rewarding when I do.
n/a
Electronic Technician (Former Employee), Irving, TXJune 26, 2014
n/a it was on the field work with no co worker or manager to see
account executive
Account Executive (Former Employee), Portland, ORMay 27, 2014
Pros: great pay when you sell
Cons: commision only
Fortune 500 company specializing in payment processing. I received top notch training and great commission and bonuses.
Great Management Team
Armed Security Officer (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLMay 13, 2014
I was an armed security officer and went to different post. The management team was excellent
Laid back environment but excruciating low pay, poor treatment from mgmt. Employees herded in and out
Customer Service (Current Employee), 3000 kellway in Carrollton, TXMay 3, 2014
Pros: free coffee, free parking, casual dress policy
Cons: very low pay, constant threats, super rigid inflexible attendance policy, "even if you have a heart attack-per mgmt, you will not be excused". there is no such thing as excused absences, better hope your kid doesnt get sick
I just started working for the Carrollton, TX office. The starting pay (as a temp for three months) is VERY LOW at $10.00 an hour. I work in the call center. Everyone is paid the same starting salary regardless of experience or degree. NO BENEFITS. Company says it will bring people on permanent after working for three months at $10 an hour. If you dont pick up the material by 90 days they will have you remain a temporary agent for an additional 30 days and then either you get the work material or you're fired.

Training is for one month. There is a lot of information to learn. The training class is very small and there are no windows. The room is dim. Dark most times. The room is so small it's probably big enough to fit spacing for 15 people because of the tables and computers. However 22 computers, tables and people are crammed in there. You don't have room to move basically. We sit so close that just to scoot the chair back both people to the right and left side have to move their chairs. I am skinny and this is for everyone in the room.

The first week of training we were threatened every day. We were advised if we were late for any reason, or missed a day, even if we were "admitted into the hospital" or involved in a "car accident" we would still get an occurrence. We are only allowed one occurrence in the month of training. Only two in three months. There are no "excused absences". So if our child gets sick, someone dies, we have a "heart attack" or an admission into the hospital the company would not excuse the absence. Unbelievable. They drilled this information into – more... us constantly in class.

The Securus managers report back everything to the temporary agency. They send hidden emails that have from time to time popped up in class. They sometimes feel personal slights by rather innocent comments and the employee is threatened over that too.

You have to wait three weeks (working through the temp which does ALL their call center hiring) before you get your first check as the company is on a biweekly pay period.

The company has a HIGH TURNOVER. As with most call centers. They are so rigid and inflexible with the attendance policy that the minute someone does have an emergency they usually just quit. They have no choice as it's either quit or be fired. The company doesn't try to retain employees it seems.

Depressing. But hey I need a job. – less
a great growing company to work for
Telephone Sales (Former Employee), Carlsbad, CAMay 1, 2014
Pros: short lunches
Cons: very turnover ratio
best group of managers I have ever worked. this is the only place I have ever worked where you can snap you fingers and a manager will get on the phone to help you close the call awesome place to work
worst company I've ever worked for
Customer Support Specialist (Former Employee), Carrollton, txApril 3, 2014
Cons: management, pay, business hours
Over night team gets the worst treatment. Pay sucks and management is even worst.
If you like sales this would be an ideal fit for you
ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE (Former Employee), Anchorage, AKApril 1, 2014
Pros: worth it when its worth it, you need to have an extreme go-getter mentality
Cons: do not reimburse you for mileage, do not pay you weekly as stated, but you do get paid, when ever the ties are knotted on their end.
Securus Payments is a merchant processing company founded in Portland, OR, who do come to terms with their low rates and do offer everything that they say they do. As far as up keeping and allowing customers to get a hold of individuals due to time differences that is the only issue I've come across.
Great Place to Learn
Project Manager (Current Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 20, 2014
Great Place to Learn..Management is flexible and easy to engage if necessary
Sr Software Engineer (Former Employee), Dallas TXFebruary 17, 2014
Having 8+ Years of Exp in Java/J2EE, Core Java, JDBC, Servlets, JSP, Struts, Springs, Hibernate, JSF, WebServices, XML, JavaScript, JQeuery, JSON, HTML, CSS, FTL, Weblogic, Tomcat, JBoss, Groovy, Unix
Productive Workplace, Great CEO and support staff
Managing General Agent (Current Employee), Edison NJJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: fun atmosphere to work in
Cons: no healthcare available
The hardest part of the job is setting appointments with Lead System, Co-workers are fantastic. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping families.
Telecommunications Company
Senior Commission Accountant (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 20, 2014
Provides telecommunications services for inmate facilities.
fun and stress free work place
Telemarketer (Former Employee), Portland, ORJanuary 13, 2014
securus payments was a stress free place to work at. the management was pretty understanding about things. the hardest part about the job was getting the potential customers to listen and the most enjoyable part was knowing that if we needed help it was always availble
Fun and Productive!
Project Manager (Current Employee), Carrollton, TXJanuary 7, 2014
Responsible for coordinating the successful planning and execution of small to medium scale implementation projects. Ownership of the coordination and completion of all activities required to complete assigned projects for customer accounts, as well as infrastructure deployments and integration projects within the scope of the projects. Budget planning and management; human resource coordination and scheduling; material requisition and shipping/delivery; telecom provisioning; quality management; and other essential project management duties. Plan each project based on defined requirements and success criteria such as time, cost and quality standards. Responsible for managing the project budget. Works directly with Sales, Operations, Technical Support and Securus Customers to coordinate and execute the delivery of features, products, and inmate calling systems. Act as the primary customer contact and Securus Operations representative for small and medium scale implementation projects, plans each project based on defined requirements and success criteria such as time, cost and quality standards.

1 2 3

About Securus

Securus was founded in April 2008 in Cary, N.C. Securus has developed and deployed a hardware and software platform called GPSaaS – Read more