Securus Employee Reviews

...so you think you're working at a bad place?
National Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 13, 2017
I was extremely disappointed with Securus, primarily in senior management. I found them quite untrustworthy, sleazy. I would definitely NOT recommend this company to anybody. There are some very nice people working their in field sales and account management positions--but I don't think they'll be there long. Nobody's happy.
Pros
some nice people there
Cons
senior management; bullying mentality
Some great people
Tech (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, TXMarch 29, 2017
There are some great people here, but the compensation is below a livable wage with the absurd insurance costs. The building is nice, but parking is an issue.
Decent job with good benefits
Customer Service Tier (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXMarch 28, 2017
Typically you will deal with a lot of frustrated angry customers on a daily basis. You have to have good communication skills and strong customer service skills to be able to get to the root of the customer's frustration to resolve their issue in a courteous, timely, and professional manor within company policy. Fast paced environment. If you are able to perform, don't mind fast paced work, and enjoy working with the public this may be a good fit for you. However it is a pretty decent job, but the company could demonstrate a little more care for their employees.
Pros
hour lunch, two 15 min breaks, a 5 min personal, good benefits, paid training
Cons
attendance is extremely strict, and dr. notes will not be accepted unless admitted into the hospital over night
NOC Technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 28, 2017
Monitored the network by email and network monitoring tools
Called out to on call technicians for outages and worked with them to resolve issues.
Initiated bridge line when necessary and officiated until resolved.
Provisioned network modems for use at sites.
Worst Company in the World
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXMarch 27, 2017
This was one of the worst company's I have ever worked for. Supervisors were poor in instructions over all moral was poor. None productive training poor. I really can not for the life of me understand how a company that is poor in all levels can operate. Who ever owns this company needs to take a good look at their future plans for operations. This is an opening for a new company to form and kick this weird company to the side. Securus you are so out of here.
Cons
Did not have room for advancement
Marketer (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLMarch 8, 2017
company is a low level based call center there was no future there well atleast not for me. no paid time off no benefits no nothing just monday through friday
Fun Workplace
IT Auditor/Compliance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 7, 2017
Love this company and my co-workers. The environment was laid back and I had great support from my managers.

Love the work from home project. It was a pleasure working at ATI.

I would go back if needed.
Fun job with big brother
Field Service Engineer (Current Employee) –  Rosharon, TXJanuary 17, 2017
Big Brother wasting its time watching your every move, every one always complains about the boss in every department, talk about relatives are the only people who get promoted. the list goes on but in the field you just have to keep the GPS on the company or personal car on 24/7 so thy can judge your driving skills and make sure your night running your AC in the parking lot because that is wasting money. also no AC in prison so no cooling off unless your driving from A to B and no stops unless you have an open ticket for it.
Pros
3 hots and cable TV on the job
Cons
No Air conditioning, and no idling your car for AC in the parking lot.
Fast turn over
Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 17, 2017
Not an appealing job, cold calling people in this type of industry with out know anything about the product that I'm selling was horrible, the people were rude and had a lot of drama *which I don't take kindly to*
productive
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, TXDecember 27, 2016
love this place learned a lot and fast love how they were able to help people i would recommend this to anyone but just a little tip don't work overnight unless you can handle it
Fun Company
Recruiting Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 22, 2016
I enjoyed my time with Securus. Fun smart group of people in a rough market and making it work. Company appreciates its people, but need to have better work life balance. It's a 100% in the office culture. Old school all the way.
The worst job I ever had!
Field Service Technician II (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 15, 2016
Took this job because I was laid off from a company after 12 years of service with them. The hiring manager hired me over the phone and said that he would meet me at the job site to start training. After getting me set up with my laptop and the necessary programs and passwords, he said he had to take a phone call. The training was supposed to last a week but after 45 minutes of basic training (if you would call it that) he left leaving me with no clue on what to do or how to do it. After 6 months on the job, I was told by management that the facility did not want to renew with securus and I was laid off the day I returned from a short vacation.
Pros
Cons
Poor training, had to get the materials needed to work, management lives in another state
Poor Management
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXOctober 25, 2016
Company offers great tools for law enforcement and the corrections industry. The CEO expects salaried associates to work a minimum of 50 hours. Upper management sees associates as disposable and replaceable. Compensation is below market average and benefits are okay but expensive to cover family.
Pros
Bonuses pay out steadily
Cons
Poor upper management and trickles down
Telecommunications
Facility Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, TXOctober 23, 2016
Securus is primarily a tele-communications company that has also recently expanded into video conferencing. It's services operate exclusively for State and Private prisons as well as County jails and Sheriff's Holding facilities. It has also recently begun expanding into investigative applications that will theoretically overlap with information gathered from incarcerated populations.
Never a dull moment.
Facility Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, TXOctober 19, 2016
Challenging and task orientated, with an emphasis on productivity. Upon reaching a point where I felt able to take on more responsibility, however, there were no available openings to accommodate that request when I inquired.
Pros
Experience using ticket tracking system
Cons
Low head count and little turn over
Challenging Atmosphere in a positive way
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALSeptember 24, 2016
Management is fair and associates come first. Pay and benefits are fair. Technology driven company that works to improve public safety throughout DOC nationwide.
Lack of Professionalism
Unknown (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, TXJuly 28, 2016
Lack of professionalism, Pay is below industry standards. Lack of confidentiality. Would like to see a more diverse Executive Counsel. Company definitely has an issue with nepotism.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Management, pay, lack of professionalism and confidentiality
Great Product lines but not a happy place
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 6, 2016
I really like the product lines and some of the people I work with but this has been the most challenging place I have ever worked. you have to constantly defend yourself and do some very incredible reporting just to receive basic compensation you are owed. They put a lot of money into the products of their customers but forget trying to add processes or get some CRM tools that should be standard. The only people I think are currently happy with their positions are the executives who are not interested in the day to day lives of their subordinates. if you're considering taking a job at Securus I would seriously suggest asking hard questions during the interview. and get anything they say in writing.
Pros
Great Customers, Exciting industry
Cons
Fluctuating and changing job descriptions, Terrible turnover, no thought into objectives and Goals you have to constantly defend
makes me feel good that im helping family out.
Life Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  kentukyJune 17, 2016
I would go into the clients homes that asked for information about life insurance and explain how it works and see what plan they qualify for
Pros
makes me feel good when helping out the family
Cons
i would have to buy my leads
Call center with stressful clientel
Customer Service Representative II (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXMay 28, 2016
Clients are family members of the incarcerated; job is to set up phone accounts for family to receive calls from inmates, Management not very helpful. Given one month training class where you just take notes and have no idea what you're learning, then you're thrown into the call center with no help, management seems bothered when you ask for help. HUGE turnaround. Constant new hire classes. "Occurance" concept for all absenses (excused or not) is ridiculous and weeds out a lot of good people along with others.
Pros
Decent starting pay, training class very easy
Cons
Clientel, "Available" schedules after training horrible, Must work 9 hour shifts, management seems annoyed by employees asking for help or having to take calls from irate customers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Securus. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9