Sedgwick Claims Management Services

Sedgwick Claims Management Services Employee Reviews

Most stressful disorganized place I've ever worked
Claims Examiner (Current Employee), TexasMay 19, 2015
Pros: you get paid
Cons: everything else
I've been working claims over ten years and this by far is the most disorganized company I've ever been at. Claims are assigned at around 4 or 6 claims per day. Every day. No matter what. No matter if you are off work. Contact is expected regardless of how much work has been piled on you. Ridiculous metrics are required. No support from management . You are expected to answer every single call and return every call you miss while you were on the other call. There is literally no time to work the actual claims. Management is so far disconnected between what they demand and what is humanly possible that it's pretty much a joke amongst co workers. Do yourself a favor and look elsewhere. You'll save a lot of wasted time and effort.
Great place to learn.
Claims Examiner (Former Employee), ChicagoMay 12, 2015
Pros: Knowledge
Cons: Understaffed
A great place to gain a wide range of claims knowledge The pay for licensing, continuing education credits, an abundance of learning material available on portal.
Productive and enjoyable work place but if audits don't meet
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Seven Hills, OHMay 8, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Stressful always worried about losing job
Sedgwick was a nice place to work but you are audited on your calls and if your numbers don't meet requirements you are stressed if you could lose your job.

I learned a lot about how to make sure customers are happy when call is completed. It could be daily back to back calls for different issues for credit cardholders and we had to try our best for one call resolutions. I enjoyed the assistance that we were able to give our customers and did my best.

The work environment was good, there was a multi-cultural environment and we learned a lot from each other. We helped each other through the rough spots and put our best foot forward at all times.

The best part of the job was helping others.
Leave of Absence Coordinator-FMLA (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMay 6, 2015
Pros: There's always work
Cons: Pay, Discrimination, no work life balance
Not a very good company. You are overworked and under paid. There is favortism shown through out the company and they discriminate against minorities. There is a terrible work/life balance and they don't care to do anything about it.
ITS OK
Service Center Representative (Current Employee), memphis, tnMay 5, 2015
Pros: easy work
Cons: shifts
i come from working at a call center for 8 years and i started at 10.37 by the time i left i was at 17.38 hr.. SO to me sedgwick needs to step there game up a little. ANNNND shift bids ohh lord they need shift bids after 4:30-7:00 the call center is DEAD barely getting calls i think they should do shift bids every 6 months or not only when they have a class ugggggh
Sedgwick
Senior Claims Examiner (Current Employee), PortlandMay 5, 2015
Pros: Going out with vendors, great people to work with
Cons: Coding Requirements and amount of work for the amount of peolpe working
Sedgwick has been a great place to grow and learn but I am ready to move forward with my professional career. I am limited in my growth options in this particular office. I also feel under appreciated for the amount of work I am doing.
Typical claims adjuster position
CLAIMS EXAMINER III (Former Employee), Culver City, CAMay 4, 2015
Decent company to work for. Busy daily activities handling claim load. Learned the CA work comp legal system. Management and team members worked well together.
Great Place to work
LT Worker Compensation Examiner III (Current Employee), Knoxville TNMay 3, 2015
Pros: free lunch N learns monthly
Cons: long hours
A typical day at work consists of calling injured workers and discuss their claims as well as speaking with the human resources managers about the accident that occurred on the job and how it occurred.
Warm environment, great benefits
Customer Service Professional (Tier III) (Current Employee), Seven Hills, OHApril 30, 2015
Pros: Great benefits
Cons: Pay doesn't compare to the responsibilites
This company overall is a good company to work for. My day is typically of the call center nature. I take inbound calls and answer questions. The most difficult part of the day is dealing with customers who are irate. The most enjoyable part of my job is that the management staff is always eager to help and provide tips for one to be more successful.
Great entry point in the claims/insurance business
Claims Associate (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 27, 2015
Pros: Great staff and support
This company is a great starting point! Management and supervisors are super understanding and helpful. Benefits are pretty good considering this is a private company.
Stressful
Service Center Associate (Current Employee), Memphis, TNApril 15, 2015
Pros: Your insurance starts the day you are hired, and after 60 days you get vacation time
Cons: You have to use your vacation time if you call out or leave early.
The company is ok. They could pay more for the amout of work that we do. The hours are horrible, you do not have time to do anything for yourself. It seems as if it is very hard to advance to the next level with this company. They use United Health care for benefits and they suck. The calls that we receive are very, very, stressful
A great place to work
Claim Examiner (Former Employee), Dublin, OHApril 14, 2015
Pros: Benefits from day 1, flexible scheduling, advancement opportunities
Cons: Workload can approach impossible at times
Great people, great atmosphere, great physical surroundings. Some really strong management at the Dublin office, and some really poor management at the Hilliard office. There are other locations that I know nothing about.
The only benefits of this company is the PTO offerred
Claims Representative-Workers' Compensation (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTApril 8, 2015
Pros: PTO
Cons: Everything else
The management is uncaring and ridiculous. They only care about their monthly bonuses rather than the quality of work that gets done.
Claims Examiner III (Former Employee), riverside caMarch 30, 2015
none- I have nothing nice to say about this company.
over 25 years in claims. This company is not one you want to work for if you are older and looking to retire. They push their older employees out to make room for younger and to pay less.
It's a job. Team moral is low. Favorites move forward. Managers arent trustworthy or truthful
Auto Liability Adjuster (Former Employee), Sun Prairie, WIMarch 27, 2015
Pros: benefits, pay
Cons: management, training
It's a job. Team moral is low. Favorites move forward quickly. Managers arent trustworthy or truthful. Pay is ok for the insurance industry. Hard to meet goals and expectations so moat have low performance scores.
Training is minimal....they are learning themselves how to train.
I really enjoyed working here
Claims Management Service Center Associate (Former Employee), Southfield, MIMarch 21, 2015
If you like fast paced work with friendly co workers this is the perfect place for you. I had a good experience here, That is all thank you
Compensation and Benefits the best
Claims Examiner (Current Employee), Plano, TXMarch 19, 2015
Pros: compensation and benefits the best
Cons: no work life balance
There is a serious disconnect with management and the staff. The lack of training done by management leads to frustration among the staff. Frequent changes without training is a problem
There is no job security. They just laid off several people and are now hiring..seems to be a trend. I would apply/work at your own risk
Varies (Former Employee), Sun PrairieMarch 17, 2015
Pros: weight room, great benefits
Cons: lack of management, lack of employee consideration, overworked and understaffed, extremely high stress levels
There is no real management in the Sun Prairie location. Highly advisable to seek employment with a more reliable company as there was just a very large layoff of positions (including this one) and they are now hiring for it...again?
Great company overall
Leave of Absence (Current Employee), Irving, TXMarch 16, 2015
Pros: possiblities for career advancement
Cons: compartmentally there is just too much work and not enough time to complete it all.
Great company overall but it is hard to find a healthy job work/life balance.

HR needs to be for all of the colleagues not just the colleagues in leadership or management positions.
Micromanager Heaven for the Claim Examiner position
Claims Examiner (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 10, 2015
Pros: 5pm
Cons: the job
Monitor how long you are at your desk.
Claim volume is unreal.
No OT pay so they pile the work on, and on, and on the work and expect perfection in every thing you do.
No work/life balance. Must work on the wknd to stay caught up.
Not a warm place to work at all.
The most enjoyable part of the job is...I can't think of anything.

1 2 3 4 5

About Sedgwick Claims Management Services

Unlike Kyra, this Sedgwick probably can't play the "Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon" game, but it can help employers save a little – Read more

Sedgwick Claims Management Services Salaries