Sedgwick Claims Management Services

Sedgwick Claims Management Services Employer Reviews

Very fast paced with various day to day changes
Service Center Rep (Former Employee), New Albany OhioJuly 18, 2014
Thankful to have been a part of their workforce team. I was able to meet good people, enjoyed speaking with the associates on a day to day basis that is what got you through the day, the people.
Great Company, Great Benefits, Great Job advancement opportunities
LOA Representative - 3 yrs (Current Employee), Pasadena, CAJuly 16, 2014
Great Company, Great Benefits, Great Job advancement opportunities. Ive had the opportunity to advance my knowledge on state and federal regulations; company policies and the coordination of benefits and how it works.

Management is great on a personal and work level. However, would be nice if they were open for suggestions or idea on how to improve – more... the workflow in order to meet expectations on a more timely and efficient manner.

The hardest part of the job is meeting these expectations. The expectations are simple and easy to meet if given a reasonable, manageable caseload. With the amount of open cases and the requirements of our client(s), an additional examiner would be helpful in order to meet the required exceptions without having to pay out so much overtime.

The coworkers are great. We operate as one company, one team and with integrity. Their always willing to offer one another help if or when their able to.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the relationship built between myself and my claimant and/or my client. Being able to assist in every way possible in order to make things easier for them during a difficult time in their life. At the end of a hard days work, receiving their verbal appreciation makes it all worth it! – less
Quiet enjoyable atmosphere using the opportunity to provide excellent customer service to clients.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Irving, TexasJuly 15, 2014
Pros: laid back work environment.
At Sedgwick I assist clients with opening insurance claims in regards to health care leaves of absences, military leaves, personal leaves as well as Worker's Compensation insurance claims. As a Customer Service Representative I assist clients, employers, and medical professional's with any information in regards to the existing open insurance claims.

I – more... am fortunate to have an excellent management team. My job can get busy but runs extremely smooth due to the organized management.

The hardest part of my job is speaking to extremely sick and sometimes upset clients. I do also feel fortunate to have the opportunity to make a sick client laugh or feel better even if it is only for a few moments. – less
FUN PLACE TO BE-COMPANY CARES FOR A JOB WELL DONE
Service Center Representative (Former Employee), Coralville, IAJuly 13, 2014
Pros: free tea and coffee every morning and awesome benefit package
I personally loved my job with Sedgwick; but, after 1 year I noticed in the Call Center TLs didn't seem to treat all Colleagues the same, some discrimination was noticeable and this wasn't the way it should've been. I feel everyone should be treated the same. And even, thou those are just some of my personal feelings, I would still say the company in – more... itself is fine to become a part of. I honestly, miss my co-workers and a few of the TLs. The Colleagues work very well as a team and as an individual you can get the sense of a family setting. Management is AWESOME. I enjoyed speaking with the Callers and Managers. It was an experience I would never forget. And as we were trained "EMBRACING CHANGE" was not a challenge for me; but, a true experience. The most enjoyable moment for me was watching how our team stuck together, worked together, shared feelings, tears, laughter, and helped each other with calls when necessary. Our team and TL is the GREATEST of ALL TIMES. CORALVILLE, IOWA TEAM ROCKS!!!! – less
Better management at McDonald's
RN case manager for workers compensation (Former Employee), TNJuly 12, 2014
Cons: micromanagement, poor management, no raises
Nurse case manager for workers' comp:

* Caseload of 80-90 (standard caseload is 55-60). Typical work week is 60-70 hours and paid for 37.5. Many nurses came in on weekends and stayed late to avoid being written up.
* Paid twice a month with high deductible insurance.
*Toxic environment ruled by bullying, fear, and intimidation.
*Nursing in all 50 states – more... required without regard to whether or not you have the nursing license in that state.
*You will need to know state rules and regulations and good luck in finding the the information you need to process the claims.
*High turnover of nurses. Over 50 % yearly. Easy to get fired, and most quit within first few months. Many nurses I worked with were on disability due to the high stress and poor management.
*Monthly audits are subjective. If you do something to upset management or if they don't like you, you can be certain it will show up on your next audit. If they really don't like you, or if you don't agree with them and voice your opinion, you will be placed on a performance plan and they will begin the process to fire you.
*Instead of training you to do the job, they will blame you for not knowing what to do. I have seen nurses placed on performance plans because they were never taught the job. (This is most likely to take the focus off of management's ineptness).
*Too many supervisors, and most aren't qualified. Managers for managers.
*Once you are established there, YOU become the enemy. I have never been treated so poorly, and I have never seen nurses treated so poorly, anywhere, ever.
*Micromanagement - every second of your time will be accounted for. I have seen them remote into computers for the entire day to see what someone else is doing.
*There is no legitimate HR. The girl that works in HR is *only* for management.
*I'm curious as to why the CEO has not done anything to challenge the current structure of nursing that isn't working, and the high turnover. Maybe they don't want to know. COMPANY EVALUATIONS are NOT ANONYMOUS.
Worst management I've experienced in ANY job. EVER. – less
great work place
Claims Examiner (Former Employee), Hoffman Estates, ILJuly 2, 2014
I enjoy working at this office it was easy going with great co- workers.
Rewarding Position,Creativity Encouraged
Bill /Code Review Nurse Manager (Current Employee), Columbus, OHJuly 1, 2014
This is a Great Company that takes care of their employees. The Benefits and the work life balance are good. There is room for creativity and you are encouraged to think outside of the box.
My time at Sedgwick
Service Center Representative (Current Employee), Hilliard, OHJuly 1, 2014
Working at Sedgwick I learned the systems and many interesting rules and regulations regarding FMLA, WC, and STD, claims.
Helping people to keep their employment
Leave of Absence Specialist (Current Employee), Coralville, IAJune 23, 2014
Pros: 5 weeks of pto
Cons: system crashes
• Providing help and advice to customers using organization’s products or services.
• Communication courteously with customers by telephone, email, letter and face to face.
• Investigating and solving customers’ problems, which may be complex or long-standing problems that have been passed on by other customer service assistants.
• Handling customer – more... complaints or any major incidents, such as vehicle accidents, traffic tickets or damages
• Producing written information for customers, often involving use of computer software.
• Learning the organization’s products and services to keep to date with changes of procedures
• Oversee inventory of rental and sales departments. Develop reports for management. – less
Claims Examiner I / Claims Assistant (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 19, 2014
Sedgwick was a good companyto work for, however it was a temporary job. I did learn Medical Billing on a different scale which enhanced my learning. I did billing for Royal Carribean Cruise Line employees and customers. The enjoyable part about it was learning a new system and a very unusual way of Medical Billing.
The hardest part was when my assignment – more... ended and saying goodbye to new people whom I enjoyed working with. – less
Third party
Claims Examiner (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJune 19, 2014
Pros: always busy
Cons: caseload
This is a great company with very good leadership. It is not the most stable position as you are a third party under contract to negotiate claims on the companies behalf. It is a big part of any business, yet it is not the most stable.
Claims Adjuster
Team Lead; Workers Compensation Claims Adjuster (Former Employee), Golden Valley, MNJune 10, 2014
Managed and processed claims in compliance with state fee schedule allowances in timely and accurate manner.
Only if you're desperate
LOA Specialist (Current Employee), Calabasas, CAJune 9, 2014
I've worked in the Calabasas office for 2 years. It's an unmanageable case load, compensation is ok but not great. Most people work off the clock in order to keep up. It's a serious issue in this office. Huge employee turn over. Take this job if you're completely out of options.
Management is horrible
Call Center Rep (Former Employee), Memphis,TNJune 8, 2014
Pros: benefits and pto
Cons: managment and expectations
Management is horrible in the Memphis call center. The motto is One Company One Team but its every man for himself. You have to watch you say or do with or about this company. The training could be better.The expectations they give a too high and the Team Leads are only looking out for themselves and not doing what they are suppose to do to help their – more... team member. They need a new set of Team Leads except 2 people out of 7. Besides that the benefits and PTO is great and they will feed you sometimes. – less
Sedgwick CMS
Claims Examiner (Current Employee), Portland, ORJune 1, 2014
Pros: vendors bring goodies all the time! casual jeans everyday type culture.
Cons: living to work, not seeing your kids grow up since you are always working.
If someone does not mind a 50-60 hour work week, and an unmanageable caseload, but at the same time something that pays fairly well, they will be happy here. Coworkers are the best I have ever worked with.
Company that wastes its potential
Workers Compensation Claims Adjuster (Former Employee), Memphis, TNMay 28, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: no actual training. if you cross the wrong person you will be ousted.
Sedgwick had excellent benefits and at start you think you are working for great company. However, not willing to offer competitive pay. Management will overlook complaints and will eventually use them against you to try to resign. Competitive work environment but not friendly. Their motto is One Company One Team. It's more like every man for himself.
Good work environment initially...but
Vocational (Current Employee), Washington stateMay 20, 2014
Cons: expensive health benefits cramped work cubicles with uncomfortable chairs
Sedgwick wants top talent but doesn't want to pay a competitive salary. There is no onsite human resources. Co-workers are generally pleasant and helpful.
Too many new hires. Not enough adequate training.
Leave of Absence Coordinator (Former Employee), Coralville, IAMay 19, 2014
They tried hard to get me to quit....as they did to many other...just so they didn't have to pay Unemployment benies. When that didn't work, they knew just when to ax me so as not to have to pay Unemployment for the last quarter that I worked. They also threw me out saying they would pack up my things and mail them. THREE WEEKS LATER, they still had – more... not packed a thing. And when I did finally get my personal belongings, there was over $700 worth of property missing and some of my things were broken. All I got was a stingy check for $40. – less
There were some good people and the location was very nice.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 19, 2014
Pros: it was centrally located downtown.
Cons: not too may advancement opportunities
There were some wonderful people who worked there. There was a real atmosphere of helpfulness
Nice people to work with / but need more work life balance
Disability Representative, Sr (Current Employee), Eden Prairie, MNMay 18, 2014
Pros: benefit package
Cons: work life balance
you start your day looking at a to do list
you have 3 of them, list for contact, emails, and faxes

you have inbound calls that you take all day long from clients and updated them on a claim that you are working on for them

you read, and document all medical , then take action to update the file in the computer system

you are for the most part on – more... your own to make the correct decision based on the incoming medical

your management is their for support if needed , you attend meetings on line and in conference rooms several times a week

I work part from home and in the office

I like that I have freedom to work from home and the office
and the benefit package. Nice time out if you can use it.

for the most part the people that I work with are enjoyable

but the least enjoyable of my job is the work life balance, over worked in the amount of claims that we process and when you or your team mates leave on vacation and someone is always on vac. its over whelming. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Sedgwick Claims Management Services

Unlike Kyra, this Sedgwick probably can't play the "Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon" game, but it can help employers save a little – Read more