Sedgwick Claims Management Services

Sedgwick Claims Management Services Employer Reviews

Carrier Relations
Sr. Financial Coordinator (Current Employee), Memphis, TNNovember 12, 2014
Sedgwick is the largest TPA in the world! They have great benefits.
Ok company
Claims Examiner I, Kmart Customer Incident Center (Former Employee), Troy, MINovember 6, 2014
Pros: teammates were cool
Cons: too much work
I was a claims adjuster for this company. The work load could be a bit much at times.
Great Company to Work For!!
Leave of Absence Coordinator (Current Employee), Hilliard, OHNovember 2, 2014
Pros: time off is phenomenal.
Cons: i have no cons
Overall, I love Sedgwick CMS as a Company. The benefits are excellent, along with compensation, work life balance, and room for advancement. The Leadership is very helpful and concerned in your future success. There is always an opportunity for advancement. I have been the for 1 year and a half, and within that time frame, I have had two promotions. – more... It is not dreadful to go into work, and I appreciate that. – less
n/a
Disability Representative Sr (Current Employee), Southfield, MIOctober 29, 2014
A typical day includes managing claims. Talking to the customers and the clients and making decisions
Nice coworkers, poor management and NO WORK LIFE BALANCE
Claims Adjuster II (Former Employee), Charleston, WVOctober 27, 2014
Pros: flexible office hours
Cons: being expected to work from home after office hours.
The caseload is unrealistic, you work seven days a week to even stay afloat. Management doesn't care how much time you put in. If your quote isn't met for the week, you get wrote up, for management to proceed to fire you. Be aware, you are salaried and when you do the math your not making much more than min wage by the time you factor in your hours. – more... Management shows favoritism even among the supervisors. If your not one of the favorites, you will not make it. Unless your someone that can devote seven days a week at twelve hour days, this is not the career for you. – less
Disability Representative
Disability representative (Current Employee), Coralville, IAOctober 23, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Review claims, and make decisions based on medical received to process disability claims. Manage claims. Communicate with claimants, and doctor's offices to determine disability status. Critical thinking, and decision making.
Productive but overwhelming
Leave of Absence Coordinator (Current Employee), New Albany, OHOctober 20, 2014
Pros: great friends to work with
Cons: great benefits
Over calculation on claims. Not hardly any free time. Felling overwhelmed and underappreciated.
Good Place for Entry Level Insurance Professionals
Claims Examiner I & II, Case Mgmt Coordinator (Former Employee), Dallas, TXOctober 20, 2014
Pros: location
Cons: low compensation
Sedgwick is a good company for entry level insurance professionals. Love the dress code and the people. They need to re-evaluate their compensation plan to be more competitive.
Horrible (not customer service)
service center representative (Former Employee), Dubuque, IAOctober 16, 2014
Cons: too many to list
They are the worst call centers I have worked at. They treat you like doo doo. Also, they have a resource that they call an “Assist Line”, where people can “help” you through tougher questions with employees (the people who generally call in). This “Assist Line” has people whom don’t know what they are doing. I have been wrote-up for things that this – more... “Assist Line” has told me. The assist line people never get reprimanded. Also, the examiners (people who you are the liaison to), never get reprimanded either. The examiners (most, but not all) are mean and don’t help these employees. Basically, your job is being a glorified answering service for people whom are confused and mad that they can’t get their money. You receive a lot of training, none of which helps to soften the blow of the upset employees. You are given loads of information that you can’t tell the employees. You are required to talk in circles until they give up. There are many times that I wanted to help out the employees, but couldn’t, cause the rules and regulations (which are many), prevent you from doing so. I hated this job, because I like helping people. This should NOT be listed as a customer service job, rather customer necessity. If you have worked for Walmart, Starbucks, Kohls, General Mills, Comcast, Delta Airlines, Apple, Sisters of St. Francis Hospitals(Franciscan alliance), ConAgra, Sun Trust Banks, Childerns hospitals of Wisconsin, e-bay, LabCorp, etc.(a lot of large companies) and haven’t received benefits, it is probably because the person on the other end of the line was prevented in telling you this information, most likely because Sedgwick doesn’t do anything they aren’t specifically paid to do. Also, those who train you, don’t know how to do your job or weren’t properly trained their selves(yeah, doesn’t make sense, does it?). I had a team lead that was so uninformed, every question I asked, she had to run across the call center to relay the questions. Finally, the QAs (monitorings) are not standardized and vary greatly from QA person to QA person. They nit-pick everything (spelling is like 10 points) and they don’t help you to learn. Overall, the company is a bureaucratic (insert curse word, cause I want this posted) that you should pray you avoid. – less
Fast track/ great company
Claims Supervisor (Former Employee), Melville, NYOctober 14, 2014
Pros: great advancement to low level position
Cons: hard to get into middle management unless you know someone
Fast pace
Learned a lot
Management was a little prejudice
There was really nothing hard about the job
I enjoyed working with my colleagues
No comment
Sr. Financial Coordinator (Current Employee), Memphis, TNOctober 9, 2014
Challenging, interesting work. Good benefits.
Far more work assigned than anyone could possibly do.
Productive place to work
Claims Examiner II/Insurance Adjuster (Current Employee), Pompano Beach FLOctober 3, 2014
Sedgwick has provided an excellent opportunity for me to enhance my career in claims management. They offer flexibility to ensure a work/life balance to include competitive compensation and benefits.
No advancement opportunity
Sr. Disability Claims Manager (Current Employee), Irving, TXSeptember 25, 2014
Pros: its a job doing what i love
Cons: no advancement and under paid
Very busy. Don't see an advancement.Looking for advancement and to be paid more and not under paid. My co-workers seem to call in alo t, and most of them are out on stress because of the heavy work loads and not enough employees hired to do the job.
Operating openly with Integrity
Customer Service Tier 3 Representative /Specialist (Current Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 21, 2014
Pros: benefits pay culture
Cons: contractual agreements
Working in Sedgwick I have learned management skils, entree level claims skills, and working in mass transit for major cities. They offer competitive benefits and pay and are the lead in Third Party Administrators according to Forbes.
Great company to work with.
Senior Workers Compensation Adjuster (Former Employee), Hilliard, OHSeptember 16, 2014
Reviewed Workers Compensation claims from cradle to grave.
Stable Job with Loads of Job Security & Excellent Benefits
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Woodbury, MNSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: 23 days pto right away after 3 months with add'l per year after
Cons: micro managing - always have to check with lead before you do anything
Great job if disability and customer service are your thing. The benefits are amazing and an ample amount of PTO.
Company likes to hire from within for advancements which is always a plus. However, turn around is very minimal so it may take months if not years before an opportunity arises.
A little boring if disability and customer service are not interests. – more... But a stable Monday - Friday job with benefits. – less
Very customer service driven
Disability Specialist Senior II (Current Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 14, 2014
Reviewing medical documents to make the appropriate claim determination.
Growing organization
Senior IT Project Manager (Current Employee), Memphis, TNSeptember 14, 2014
Sedgwick has allowed me the freedom to excel. I have been charged with leading major projects and succeed with the correct amount of management support.

The IT teams are wonderful team players and I have enjoyed working with and have learned from everyone on my teams.
questionable
Claims Examiner II (Current Employee), philadelphia paSeptember 6, 2014
Pros: some of the workers
Cons: at times very demanding
Currnetly working as an WC Adusterm very busy day, goes fast
Bill Reviwer and Claims
Claims Bill Reviewer (Former Employee), Columbus, OHSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: flex hours
Responsible for various companies Workman's Comp Claims
bill review, review claims, make corrections, sensitive information,
work with Claims Examiner, review her recommendations, work with the Provider Team, Recon, Team Audit Team, and various
other teams. Work with EOR, EOB, and COB's, corrections, denials,
Internal and External departments.

1 2 3 4 5

About Sedgwick Claims Management Services

Unlike Kyra, this Sedgwick probably can't play the "Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon" game, but it can help employers save a little – Read more