Sedgwick Claims Management Services

Sedgwick Claims Management Services Employee Reviews

Poor work life balance
Disability Representative (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 11, 2015
Cons: Long work day, unrealistic workload
The workload is pretty high and management does not replace employees fast enough. The workload is very high, the expectations are unreasonable and management are just trying to look out for themselves. They also target employees they don't want anymore and view them with a microscope to find any reason to fire them. You have to be careful what you say because many people are related and you don't want to get on anyone's badside. You'll be promoted if your part of the crew but if not forget about it no matter how much of a good worker you are. The pay is okay but less than the industry. Its a job, but not something you will enjoy or want to stay at long term.
No room for advancement
Claims Examiner (Current Employee), Lake Mary, FloridaJuly 8, 2015
Pros: PTO
Cons: Pay
Case load too high (over 150 claims), no room for advancement. Good tools and processes, but case count doesn't allow for good use of resources.
terrible
Call Center agent (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 8, 2015
chercks were short because they paid monday thru friday so if you worked on the weekend u would have a low check but you worked the hours
it was like u were working for free
Easy job yet job culture created unnecessary challenges
Senior Disability Claims Specialist (Former Employee), Irving, TXJuly 8, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Only client driven not driven to build employees
Management was disconnected from the actual claims process so it was challenging to obtain assistance from them. Processes and turnaround times became unrealistic to achieve consistently due to short handed work force.
Unrealistic workload
Senior Claims Examiner (Current Employee), Tampa, FLJuly 1, 2015
If you like to work 10-12 hours a day and weekends, you'll love it! They provide a lot of personal time off; however it is so very hard to take it. No one really covers while you are out. The supervisors are ineffective and will never take a phone call. They just dump on the claims examiners. Upper management is out of touch.
My winderful desk job.
LOA Specialist (Current Employee), Irving, TXJune 30, 2015
Sedgwick is a company with many parts, I work for one of Sedgwick's many clients. I spend my days as a Leave of Absence (LOA) specialist, I find my job very rewarding due to me always having a eye for the medical field.
Fast pasted work environment
Leave Of Absence Coordinator (Current Employee), Calabasas, CAJune 29, 2015
Great employer to work for! Encourage promotion within and very helpful coworkers always willing to lend a helping hand. Very challenging job everyday and always learning something new.
poor management, very unpleasant manager and work envirnoment
Medical Only Claims Examiner (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NvJune 29, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short breaks if any at all, short lunch breaks due to heavy volume of work
The Las Vegas location is very overwhelming with heavy work loads, insufficiently staffed, little job training. The management is unprofessional and rude. Not a friendly envirnoment.
Ok
Leave of Absence Coordinator (Current Employee), New Albany, OHJune 23, 2015
The pay is ok. If you do not know somewhere here you probably will not get the job. Totally a who do you know employer. Just not for me I rather be judged by my skills not whom I know.
Customer Care
friendly
unorganized in some areas
If I could give zero stars I would
Claims Assistant (Current Employee), San Diego, CAJune 22, 2015
Pros: Medical benefits
Cons: Over worked, micromanaging, caddy people
At first this company seems great, but you'll get over worked without proper compensation. You'll work with caddy people who promote their friends and who make false accusations to get you fired. CR support is the worst thing on this planet. They're a bunch of airheads. DONT WORK HERE.
N/A
Claims Examiner II Workers Compensation (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 12, 2015
Pros: N/A
Cons: N/A
Third party administrator - daily work consisted of mid to lower level claims.
Great vacation time - overload of work hard to ask for time off
no comment
Service Center Associate-work from home (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJune 6, 2015
It is all owned by the same company I want out of the worker comp industry, this company don't offer 40hrs a week only 35hrs a week
Great environment with competitive benefits
Financial Services Support Specialist (Current Employee), Memphis, TNJune 6, 2015
Pros: Great PTO, Insurance and activities planned for team moral
Cons: Low salary
Great place to work to gain valuable experience; however, not a long term company to work for if you are seeking to advance and to be paid a salary that truly commensurates with experience.
Not a great company to work for
SR. PROJECT MANAGEMENT ADVISOR (Former Employee), Hilliard, OHJune 4, 2015
I was promised this "great opportunity" for a growing company. It was close to home but I had to travel all over the country for client work. No work life balance when you are working 60-70 hour weeks. Management was about the worst I had ever seen at a company.
Slimy Management
Claims Assistant (Former Employee), Radnor PAMay 28, 2015
Pros: Learned alot-wonderful coworkers
Cons: Management lacks tact
I met some wonderful people - new management terminated my position as a claims assistant without warning .... with them, it's all about favoritism and power struck blonde females!
No major complaints, just ready to move on after 15 years
Claims Assistant (promotion) (Current Employee), Houston, TXMay 25, 2015
I have worked for the company for about 15 years however only 5 were with Sedgwick as we were bough out. The company itself is ok however I am seeking better opportunities in my next employment opportunity. In my field flexibility to work from home is non-existent and I need more flexibility with my family's schedule. The room for growth in my field is also hard to come by.
Ok for starting point
Leave of Absence Coordinator-Wal-Mart Program (Current Employee), Coralville, IAMay 25, 2015
Typical day at work is processing FMLA, state and client specific leaves for large retail chain. My current case load is approximately 410 claims, of which roughly 100 per day is reviewed for eligibility, meeting requirements once approved, or denying due to no receipt of medical information. I have learned organizational skills, working with proprietary systems to process/track leaves of absences, and basic HR functions. The hardest part of my job is to call the employees to advise of denial, and the most enjoyable is helping the employees protect their jobs. I work in a team environment, some embrace this more than others, but overall, my specific team seems to work well together to complete the days tasks.
INTENSE FAST PACED WORK ENVIRONMENT
Sr. Disability FMLA/LOA Representative (Current Employee), Plano, TXMay 23, 2015
Pros: GOOD PTO AND BENEFITS
THIS IS A FAST PACED WORK ENVIRONMENT, WITH POTENTIAL LONG HOURS. CAN BE STRESSFUL. BE ABLE TO EMBRACE CHANGE, OFTEN. THERE CAN BE MONTHLY AUDITS IN WHICH YOUR PERFORMANCE IS JUDGED. BE ABLE TO MAINTAIN CONSISTENT & ACCURATE PRODUCTION.
Most stressful disorganized place I've ever worked
Claims Examiner (Current Employee), TexasMay 19, 2015
Pros: you get paid
Cons: everything else
I've been working claims over ten years and this by far is the most disorganized company I've ever been at. Claims are assigned at around 4 or 6 claims per day. Every day. No matter what. No matter if you are off work. Contact is expected regardless of how much work has been piled on you. Ridiculous metrics are required. No support from management . You are expected to answer every single call and return every call you miss while you were on the other call. There is literally no time to work the actual claims. Management is so far disconnected between what they demand and what is humanly possible that it's pretty much a joke amongst co workers. Do yourself a favor and look elsewhere. You'll save a lot of wasted time and effort.

1 2 3 4 5

About Sedgwick Claims Management Services

Unlike Kyra, this Sedgwick probably can't play the "Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon" game, but it can help employers save a little – Read more

Sedgwick Claims Management Services Salaries