Sedgwick Claims Management Services

Sedgwick Claims Management Services Employer Reviews

Operating openly with Integrity
Customer Service Tier 3 Representative /Specialist (Current Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 21, 2014
Pros: benefits pay culture
Cons: contractual agreements
Working in Sedgwick I have learned management skils, entree level claims skills, and working in mass transit for major cities. They offer competitive benefits and pay and are the lead in Third Party Administrators according to Forbes.
Great company to work with.
Senior Workers Compensation Adjuster (Former Employee), Hilliard, OHSeptember 16, 2014
Reviewed Workers Compensation claims from cradle to grave.
Stable Job with Loads of Job Security & Excellent Benefits
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Woodbury, MNSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: 23 days pto right away after 3 months with add'l per year after
Cons: micro managing - always have to check with lead before you do anything
Great job if disability and customer service are your thing. The benefits are amazing and an ample amount of PTO.
Company likes to hire from within for advancements which is always a plus. However, turn around is very minimal so it may take months if not years before an opportunity arises.
A little boring if disability and customer service are not interests. – more... But a stable Monday - Friday job with benefits. – less
Very customer service driven
Disability Specialist Senior II (Current Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 14, 2014
Reviewing medical documents to make the appropriate claim determination.
Growing organization
Senior IT Project Manager (Current Employee), Memphis, TNSeptember 14, 2014
Sedgwick has allowed me the freedom to excel. I have been charged with leading major projects and succeed with the correct amount of management support.

The IT teams are wonderful team players and I have enjoyed working with and have learned from everyone on my teams.
questionable
Claims Examiner II (Current Employee), philadelphia paSeptember 6, 2014
Pros: some of the workers
Cons: at times very demanding
Currnetly working as an WC Adusterm very busy day, goes fast
Bill Reviwer and Claims
Claims Bill Reviewer (Former Employee), Columbus, OHSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: flex hours
Responsible for various companies Workman's Comp Claims
bill review, review claims, make corrections, sensitive information,
work with Claims Examiner, review her recommendations, work with the Provider Team, Recon, Team Audit Team, and various
other teams. Work with EOR, EOB, and COB's, corrections, denials,
Internal and External departments.
The workplace was good with creative work with the group
SQL Developer (Former Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 2, 2014
The group was involved with the the work involved in the combination of integration and reporting services using the scripts.
Completely lacking in effective leadership
Claims (Former Employee), South FloridaAugust 26, 2014
Pros: free lunches from vendors
Cons: no training, no leadership, low morale
Management has no people skills and no training. Pay is below average for area. Work conditions are deplorable.
Great Benefits but low pay, no training or mentor programs, and very little advancement opportunity
Medical Bill Review (Current Employee), Hilliard, OhioAugust 26, 2014
Pros: generous pto and great health benefits
Cons: low pay, no mentor programs, very little advancement opportunity
Great benefits and PTO but low pay, no training or mentor programs, and very little advancement opportunity
Customer Service Center - Third Party Administrator
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Dubuque, IAAugust 20, 2014
Pros: can wear jeans to work
Cons: can be stressful on a busy day of calls
I have learned about short term disability, FMLA, work comp, liability. I have tweaked my computer skills running multiple programs at once with visualizing on 2 computer screens to access all information. Improved listening skills as this job is centered on correct information and efficiency of time.
Good company but too much micro management.
Worker's Compensation Claims Adjuster (Former Employee), Boca Raton, FLAugust 19, 2014
Pros: very good salary
Cons: micro management
Daily contact with attorneys, doctors, injured worker and employers.

Continuing education to stay apprised of recent changes in the laws.

Office manager very pleasant however supervisors were very difficult and micro managed to the point it became very difficult to work effectively.

Co workers were very easy to work with as a team.

The micro management.

I – more... really enjoyed working in the insurance field. – less
COWORKERS GREAT TO WORK WORK WITH MANAAGEMENT SUCKS NO WORK LIFE BALANCE
Consumer Casualty Claims Adjuster (Former Employee), Seven Hills, OHAugust 19, 2014
Pros: co-workers
Cons: management no wrk life balance
NO WORK LIFE BALANCE IN ORDER TO STAY ON TOP OF YOUR NUMBERS AND TO MEET YOUR QUOTA YOU HAVE TO WORK A LOT OF OVERTIME
Nice Employees/Mgmt Sucks
Clinical Administrative Team Leader (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXAugust 18, 2014
Pros: flex time/very hard to get fired (i was a manager)
Cons: laid me off-twice
I was given the opportunity to advance to a very low paying position to a very high paying position. I was very happy until I was laid off. I was then asked to come back to the company about 6 months later. I accepted the offer and was laid off AGAIN 3 months later. Had GREAT pay just no job security and always changing of the rules and mgmnt was rude – more... and didn't care to listen to problems. Judged employees by numbers rather than their actual work potential. – less
Great Pay, Friendly Environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Southfield, MIAugust 15, 2014
Cons: schedule, shifts
Call Center Environment. Heavy call flow Mondays, moderate call flow for rest of the week. Good Experience learning basic skills in claims management for STD/FMLA, training in the Sedgwick University is available, which is training resources you can use, when applying for other positions, Great opportunities to move up, they do a lot of hiring within, – more... so you could get a promotion 6months - 1yr after being hired.

Not so good on time, only PTO, and those days are based on your years of service, no sick/vacation pay, you have to notify HR 24hrs in advance to use a PTO day, which they can deny base on service levels, they will deny PTO days if were are not meeting our percentage mark on a Monday for example. Time schedules are not flexible, you have to do shift bids for good shifts. You can't have more than 2 call offs in a year.

Pay is good starting at 13-14 hourly.

Great people to work with, offers at home positions once hired in, we have company outings which are nice, in a nice facility – less
Enough work to keep me busy . Management and compensation needs to improve
Financial Account Coordinator Sr (Former Employee), Memphis, TNAugust 15, 2014
Pros: free breakfast
Cons: compensation
Very Friendly staff and easy work life balance.
Coworkers are friendly
Workstations very clean
too many task to complete
Little management involvement
Productive and fun.
Disability Claims Specialist I (Former Employee), Pasadena, CAAugust 9, 2014
Pros: flexible work schedule.
Working with the clients was a joy. Every day is a challenge and adventure. I enjoy working with my co-workers. The place has lots of advancement.
professional fun environment
Service Center Associate (Former Employee), Southfield, MIAugust 7, 2014
I like this job great full time work handling claims for GM employees
Productive and social environment as well as, flex schedules
Claims Examiner III (Current Employee), Brea, CaJuly 23, 2014
Pros: vendors are always bringing in goodies
Cons: lack of pension plan
A typical day is fast-paced which accelerates the day. I have learned customer service skills and how important time management and being organized help you manage the work load. The co-workers are friendly and respectful in the Brea office. The hardest part of the job is the caseload. The most enjoyable part is the relationships you build with the – more... clients. – less
Peaceful environment
Call Center Representative (Former Employee), Solon, OHJuly 19, 2014
Pros: positive, helpful environment
Acted as primary liaison with American Express customers in solving problems related to the application
process and service. Communicates clearly and professionally with the customer by telephone and/or
written correspondence regarding all aspects of claims process. educates and informs the customer by
telephone, written correspondence and/or the claims – more... system about the documentation. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Sedgwick Claims Management Services

Unlike Kyra, this Sedgwick probably can't play the "Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon" game, but it can help employers save a little – Read more