Sedgwick Claims Management Services

Sedgwick Claims Management Services Employer Reviews

Worked for some great managers
Claims Examiner III (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: ability to learn and work on different accounts
Cons: see summary review
I worked for some great managers and people from corporate to upper management, however I noticed often some unfair practices that I've experienced first hand and/or saw other co-workers go through. At one point there was an extremely high turnover rate, either someone quit or was let go.
Very upstanding company
Senior Disability Representative (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: benefits and colleagues
Cons: calmly handling upset employees
Sedgwick CMS offers a wonderful atmosphere to work and a competitive benefits package. The workload is intense, yet rewarding. I have learned the true value of teamwork, handwork, and motivation. The managers and colleagues are very supportive and are a joy to be around. The most difficult part of the job is dealing with the client's irate employees at times when benefits are denied and payments are not issued. The most enjoyable aspect of the job is being able to do the job efficiently each day, knowing the client has been assisted as well as the employee, which is not an easy feat.
Poor management, under-paid, unrealistic workload, great benefits and PTO
Return-to-Work Coordinator (Current Employee), Coralville, IowaDecember 31, 2014
Pros: easy work, office job, benefits and pto/vacation time
Cons: short breaks & lunch, poor management
Unrealistic work load
Poorly managed
High turnover
Constant changes to the process
Non-competitive salary/compensation

Great benefits and PTO/vacation time
Work individually and with group/team
Great start to any career, not a place to settle
Benefits Examiner (Current Employee), Calabasas, CADecember 21, 2014
Pros: great pto, great people, great atmosphere
Cons: low pay, too much work, understaff
There is always something to do, sometimes it is overwhelming. The people you work with in most cases are great, but at times you wonder how certain people were hired. Hard work and self building is not a universal outlook at this company. You receive a lot of PTO time but if you think your work is handled while you are gone- don't. The best part of the job are the people you work with and the types of situations you encounter.
Good
Workers Compensation Claims Associate I (Current Employee), Atlanta, GADecember 17, 2014
Pros: good
Cons: good
very busy. friendly office;Compensation/Benefits
Fun and Relaxing Work
Customer Service/ Family Medical Leave Specialist (Former Employee), Atlanta, GADecember 15, 2014
Fun and Relaxing Work; nice and easy going company to be apart of.
Great place to get started
Claims Examiner II - Workers' Compensation (Former Employee), South Portland, MEDecember 8, 2014
Pros: management did not micromanage
Cons: overwhelming work load
This is a company to get your feet wet. Be prepared to jump in head first and figure things out as you go along.
fair company to work for.
Claims Examiner III (Former Employee), Southfield, Mi.November 22, 2014
Handled Ohio Worked on all litigated cases with our attorney. Co-workers young and ready to learn. Hardest thing about the job, nothing. The most enjoyable was the travel.
Basic job
Short Term Disability Case Manager (Former Employee), Eden Prairie, MNNovember 21, 2014
Average Customer Service Job. Not a lot of challenge or reward but not a lot of stress either. I personally had a nice boss. The only stress was that no one was really happy to hear how much their insurance benefits would go up year after year. Other than that it wasn't a bad job I just was looking for more of a challenge at the time.
Carrier Relations
Sr. Financial Coordinator (Current Employee), Memphis, TNNovember 12, 2014
Sedgwick is the largest TPA in the world! They have great benefits.
Ok company
Claims Examiner I, Kmart Customer Incident Center (Former Employee), Troy, MINovember 6, 2014
Pros: teammates were cool
Cons: too much work
I was a claims adjuster for this company. The work load could be a bit much at times.
Great Company to Work For!!
Leave of Absence Coordinator (Current Employee), Hilliard, OHNovember 2, 2014
Pros: time off is phenomenal.
Cons: i have no cons
Overall, I love Sedgwick CMS as a Company. The benefits are excellent, along with compensation, work life balance, and room for advancement. The Leadership is very helpful and concerned in your future success. There is always an opportunity for advancement. I have been the for 1 year and a half, and within that time frame, I have had two promotions. It is not dreadful to go into work, and I appreciate that.
n/a
Disability Representative Sr (Current Employee), Southfield, MIOctober 29, 2014
A typical day includes managing claims. Talking to the customers and the clients and making decisions
Nice coworkers, poor management and NO WORK LIFE BALANCE
Claims Adjuster II (Former Employee), Charleston, WVOctober 27, 2014
Pros: flexible office hours
Cons: being expected to work from home after office hours.
The caseload is unrealistic, you work seven days a week to even stay afloat. Management doesn't care how much time you put in. If your quote isn't met for the week, you get wrote up, for management to proceed to fire you. Be aware, you are salaried and when you do the math your not making much more than min wage by the time you factor in your hours. Management shows favoritism even among the supervisors. If your not one of the favorites, you will not make it. Unless your someone that can devote seven days a week at twelve hour days, this is not the career for you.
Disability Representative
Disability representative (Current Employee), Coralville, IAOctober 23, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Review claims, and make decisions based on medical received to process disability claims. Manage claims. Communicate with claimants, and doctor's offices to determine disability status. Critical thinking, and decision making.
Productive but overwhelming
Leave of Absence Coordinator (Current Employee), New Albany, OHOctober 20, 2014
Pros: great friends to work with
Cons: great benefits
Over calculation on claims. Not hardly any free time. Felling overwhelmed and underappreciated.
Good Place for Entry Level Insurance Professionals
Claims Examiner I & II, Case Mgmt Coordinator (Former Employee), Dallas, TXOctober 20, 2014
Pros: location
Cons: low compensation
Sedgwick is a good company for entry level insurance professionals. Love the dress code and the people. They need to re-evaluate their compensation plan to be more competitive.
Horrible (not customer service)
service center representative (Former Employee), Dubuque, IAOctober 16, 2014
Cons: too many to list
They are the worst call centers I have worked at. They treat you like doo doo. Also, they have a resource that they call an “Assist Line”, where people can “help” you through tougher questions with employees (the people who generally call in). This “Assist Line” has people whom don’t know what they are doing. I have been wrote-up for things that this “Assist Line” has told me. The assist line people never get reprimanded. Also, the examiners (people who you are the liaison to), never get reprimanded either. The examiners (most, but not all) are mean and don’t help these employees. Basically, your job is being a glorified answering service for people whom are confused and mad that they can’t get their money. You receive a lot of training, none of which helps to soften the blow of the upset employees. You are given loads of information that you can’t tell the employees. You are required to talk in circles until they give up. There are many times that I wanted to help out the employees, but couldn’t, cause the rules and regulations (which are many), prevent you from doing so. I hated this job, because I like helping people. This should NOT be listed as a customer service job, rather customer necessity. If you have worked for Walmart, Starbucks, Kohls, General Mills, Comcast, Delta Airlines, Apple, Sisters of St. Francis Hospitals(Franciscan alliance), ConAgra, Sun Trust Banks, Childerns hospitals of Wisconsin, e-bay, LabCorp, etc.(a lot of large companies) and haven’t received benefits, it is probably because the person on the other end of the line was prevented in telling you – more... this information, most likely because Sedgwick doesn’t do anything they aren’t specifically paid to do. Also, those who train you, don’t know how to do your job or weren’t properly trained their selves(yeah, doesn’t make sense, does it?). I had a team lead that was so uninformed, every question I asked, she had to run across the call center to relay the questions. Finally, the QAs (monitorings) are not standardized and vary greatly from QA person to QA person. They nit-pick everything (spelling is like 10 points) and they don’t help you to learn. Overall, the company is a bureaucratic (insert curse word, cause I want this posted) that you should pray you avoid. – less
Fast track/ great company
Claims Supervisor (Former Employee), Melville, NYOctober 14, 2014
Pros: great advancement to low level position
Cons: hard to get into middle management unless you know someone
Fast pace
Learned a lot
Management was a little prejudice
There was really nothing hard about the job
I enjoyed working with my colleagues
No comment
Sr. Financial Coordinator (Current Employee), Memphis, TNOctober 9, 2014
Challenging, interesting work. Good benefits.
Far more work assigned than anyone could possibly do.

1 2 3 4 5

About Sedgwick Claims Management Services

Unlike Kyra, this Sedgwick probably can't play the "Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon" game, but it can help employers save a little – Read more