Sedgwick Claims Management Services

Sedgwick Claims Management Services Employer Reviews

Bill Reviwer and Claims
Claims Bill Reviewer (Former Employee), Columbus, OHSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: flex hours
Responsible for various companies Workman's Comp Claims
bill review, review claims, make corrections, sensitive information,
work with Claims Examiner, review her recommendations, work with the Provider Team, Recon, Team Audit Team, and various
other teams. Work with EOR, EOB, and COB's, corrections, denials,
Internal and External departments.
The workplace was good with creative work with the group
SQL Developer (Former Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 2, 2014
The group was involved with the the work involved in the combination of integration and reporting services using the scripts.
Completely lacking in effective leadership
Claims (Former Employee), South FloridaAugust 26, 2014
Pros: free lunches from vendors
Cons: no training, no leadership, low morale
Management has no people skills and no training. Pay is below average for area. Work conditions are deplorable.
Great Benefits but low pay, no training or mentor programs, and very little advancement opportunity
Medical Bill Review (Current Employee), Hilliard, OhioAugust 26, 2014
Pros: generous pto and great health benefits
Cons: low pay, no mentor programs, very little advancement opportunity
Great benefits and PTO but low pay, no training or mentor programs, and very little advancement opportunity
Customer Service Center - Third Party Administrator
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Dubuque, IAAugust 20, 2014
Pros: can wear jeans to work
Cons: can be stressful on a busy day of calls
I have learned about short term disability, FMLA, work comp, liability. I have tweaked my computer skills running multiple programs at once with visualizing on 2 computer screens to access all information. Improved listening skills as this job is centered on correct information and efficiency of time.
Good company but too much micro management.
Worker's Compensation Claims Adjuster (Former Employee), Boca Raton, FLAugust 19, 2014
Pros: very good salary
Cons: micro management
Daily contact with attorneys, doctors, injured worker and employers.

Continuing education to stay apprised of recent changes in the laws.

Office manager very pleasant however supervisors were very difficult and micro managed to the point it became very difficult to work effectively.

Co workers were very easy to work with as a team.

The micro management.

I – more... really enjoyed working in the insurance field. – less
COWORKERS GREAT TO WORK WORK WITH MANAAGEMENT SUCKS NO WORK LIFE BALANCE
Consumer Casualty Claims Adjuster (Former Employee), Seven Hills, OHAugust 19, 2014
Pros: co-workers
Cons: management no wrk life balance
NO WORK LIFE BALANCE IN ORDER TO STAY ON TOP OF YOUR NUMBERS AND TO MEET YOUR QUOTA YOU HAVE TO WORK A LOT OF OVERTIME
Nice Employees/Mgmt Sucks
Clinical Administrative Team Leader (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXAugust 18, 2014
Pros: flex time/very hard to get fired (i was a manager)
Cons: laid me off-twice
I was given the opportunity to advance to a very low paying position to a very high paying position. I was very happy until I was laid off. I was then asked to come back to the company about 6 months later. I accepted the offer and was laid off AGAIN 3 months later. Had GREAT pay just no job security and always changing of the rules and mgmnt was rude – more... and didn't care to listen to problems. Judged employees by numbers rather than their actual work potential. – less
Great Pay, Friendly Environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Southfield, MIAugust 15, 2014
Cons: schedule, shifts
Call Center Environment. Heavy call flow Mondays, moderate call flow for rest of the week. Good Experience learning basic skills in claims management for STD/FMLA, training in the Sedgwick University is available, which is training resources you can use, when applying for other positions, Great opportunities to move up, they do a lot of hiring within, – more... so you could get a promotion 6months - 1yr after being hired.

Not so good on time, only PTO, and those days are based on your years of service, no sick/vacation pay, you have to notify HR 24hrs in advance to use a PTO day, which they can deny base on service levels, they will deny PTO days if were are not meeting our percentage mark on a Monday for example. Time schedules are not flexible, you have to do shift bids for good shifts. You can't have more than 2 call offs in a year.

Pay is good starting at 13-14 hourly.

Great people to work with, offers at home positions once hired in, we have company outings which are nice, in a nice facility – less
Enough work to keep me busy . Management and compensation needs to improve
Financial Account Coordinator Sr (Former Employee), Memphis, TNAugust 15, 2014
Pros: free breakfast
Cons: compensation
Very Friendly staff and easy work life balance.
Coworkers are friendly
Workstations very clean
too many task to complete
Little management involvement
Productive and fun.
Disability Claims Specialist I (Former Employee), Pasadena, CAAugust 9, 2014
Pros: flexible work schedule.
Working with the clients was a joy. Every day is a challenge and adventure. I enjoy working with my co-workers. The place has lots of advancement.
professional fun environment
Service Center Associate (Former Employee), Southfield, MIAugust 7, 2014
I like this job great full time work handling claims for GM employees
Productive and social environment as well as, flex schedules
Claims Examiner III (Current Employee), Brea, CaJuly 23, 2014
Pros: vendors are always bringing in goodies
Cons: lack of pension plan
A typical day is fast-paced which accelerates the day. I have learned customer service skills and how important time management and being organized help you manage the work load. The co-workers are friendly and respectful in the Brea office. The hardest part of the job is the caseload. The most enjoyable part is the relationships you build with the – more... clients. – less
Peaceful environment
Call Center Representative (Former Employee), Solon, OHJuly 19, 2014
Pros: positive, helpful environment
Acted as primary liaison with American Express customers in solving problems related to the application
process and service. Communicates clearly and professionally with the customer by telephone and/or
written correspondence regarding all aspects of claims process. educates and informs the customer by
telephone, written correspondence and/or the claims – more... system about the documentation. – less
Very fast paced with various day to day changes
Service Center Rep (Former Employee), New Albany OhioJuly 18, 2014
Thankful to have been a part of their workforce team. I was able to meet good people, enjoyed speaking with the associates on a day to day basis that is what got you through the day, the people.
Great Company, Great Benefits, Great Job advancement opportunities
LOA Representative - 3 yrs (Current Employee), Pasadena, CAJuly 16, 2014
Great Company, Great Benefits, Great Job advancement opportunities. Ive had the opportunity to advance my knowledge on state and federal regulations; company policies and the coordination of benefits and how it works.

Management is great on a personal and work level. However, would be nice if they were open for suggestions or idea on how to improve – more... the workflow in order to meet expectations on a more timely and efficient manner.

The hardest part of the job is meeting these expectations. The expectations are simple and easy to meet if given a reasonable, manageable caseload. With the amount of open cases and the requirements of our client(s), an additional examiner would be helpful in order to meet the required exceptions without having to pay out so much overtime.

The coworkers are great. We operate as one company, one team and with integrity. Their always willing to offer one another help if or when their able to.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the relationship built between myself and my claimant and/or my client. Being able to assist in every way possible in order to make things easier for them during a difficult time in their life. At the end of a hard days work, receiving their verbal appreciation makes it all worth it! – less
Quiet enjoyable atmosphere using the opportunity to provide excellent customer service to clients.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Irving, TexasJuly 15, 2014
Pros: laid back work environment.
At Sedgwick I assist clients with opening insurance claims in regards to health care leaves of absences, military leaves, personal leaves as well as Worker's Compensation insurance claims. As a Customer Service Representative I assist clients, employers, and medical professional's with any information in regards to the existing open insurance claims.

I – more... am fortunate to have an excellent management team. My job can get busy but runs extremely smooth due to the organized management.

The hardest part of my job is speaking to extremely sick and sometimes upset clients. I do also feel fortunate to have the opportunity to make a sick client laugh or feel better even if it is only for a few moments. – less
FUN PLACE TO BE-COMPANY CARES FOR A JOB WELL DONE
Service Center Representative (Former Employee), Coralville, IAJuly 13, 2014
Pros: free tea and coffee every morning and awesome benefit package
I personally loved my job with Sedgwick; but, after 1 year I noticed in the Call Center TLs didn't seem to treat all Colleagues the same, some discrimination was noticeable and this wasn't the way it should've been. I feel everyone should be treated the same. And even, thou those are just some of my personal feelings, I would still say the company in – more... itself is fine to become a part of. I honestly, miss my co-workers and a few of the TLs. The Colleagues work very well as a team and as an individual you can get the sense of a family setting. Management is AWESOME. I enjoyed speaking with the Callers and Managers. It was an experience I would never forget. And as we were trained "EMBRACING CHANGE" was not a challenge for me; but, a true experience. The most enjoyable moment for me was watching how our team stuck together, worked together, shared feelings, tears, laughter, and helped each other with calls when necessary. Our team and TL is the GREATEST of ALL TIMES. CORALVILLE, IOWA TEAM ROCKS!!!! – less
Better management at McDonald's
RN case manager for workers compensation (Former Employee), TNJuly 12, 2014
Cons: micromanagement, poor management, no raises
Nurse case manager for workers' comp:

* Caseload of 80-90 (standard caseload is 55-60). Typical work week is 60-70 hours and paid for 37.5. Many nurses came in on weekends and stayed late to avoid being written up.
* Paid twice a month with high deductible insurance.
*Toxic environment ruled by bullying, fear, and intimidation.
*Nursing in all 50 states – more... required without regard to whether or not you have the nursing license in that state.
*You will need to know state rules and regulations and good luck in finding the the information you need to process the claims.
*High turnover of nurses. Over 50 % yearly. Easy to get fired, and most quit within first few months. Many nurses I worked with were on disability due to the high stress and poor management.
*Monthly audits are subjective. If you do something to upset management or if they don't like you, you can be certain it will show up on your next audit. If they really don't like you, or if you don't agree with them and voice your opinion, you will be placed on a performance plan and they will begin the process to fire you.
*Instead of training you to do the job, they will blame you for not knowing what to do. I have seen nurses placed on performance plans because they were never taught the job. (This is most likely to take the focus off of management's ineptness).
*Too many supervisors, and most aren't qualified. Managers for managers.
*Once you are established there, YOU become the enemy. I have never been treated so poorly, and I have never seen nurses treated so poorly, anywhere, ever.
*Micromanagement - every second of your time will be accounted for. I have seen them remote into computers for the entire day to see what someone else is doing.
*There is no legitimate HR. The girl that works in HR is *only* for management.
*I'm curious as to why the CEO has not done anything to challenge the current structure of nursing that isn't working, and the high turnover. Maybe they don't want to know. COMPANY EVALUATIONS are NOT ANONYMOUS.
Worst management I've experienced in ANY job. EVER. – less
great work place
Claims Examiner (Former Employee), Hoffman Estates, ILJuly 2, 2014
I enjoy working at this office it was easy going with great co- workers.

1 2 3 4 5

About Sedgwick Claims Management Services

Unlike Kyra, this Sedgwick probably can't play the "Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon" game, but it can help employers save a little – Read more