Sedgwick Claims Management Services Employee Reviews in United States

great Company to work for
RTW/Accommodation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 28, 2016
Although Sedgwick is a great Company the stress level high and the demands for high work volume cause more stress and at times interfere with homelife
Pros
Compensation good
Cons
stress too high
Sedgwick CMS
Reconsideration Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHJune 25, 2016
Sedgwick is a great company. They offer great opportunities to grow with the company, such as a class for those interested in Leadership. The company strives to be the best and to help you be the best you can be, They also have fund raisers all year long to raise money for the community with food banks, children and senior citizens.

The managers and supervisors communicated with us on a daily basis to learn and assist us with ways that would help us process our bills in an efficient and timely manner. Processes changed often until we came to resolution on how to make changes to the systems we were using to make things go smoothly.

All departments worked separately but at the same time worked as team. Co-workers assisted each other to make sure things were processed correctly. That's just a small portion of what made Sedgwick a great place to work.
Pros
Benefits, great pay, time off, friendly atmosphere
Cons
not departments allowed us to work from home.
Great environment
Claims Examiner III (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 17, 2016
Huge company with a high volume of claims. Great atmosphere with awards ceremonies and in house training. Great AVP with a charismatic personality and a hands on approach will all employees. No favoritism shown.
Pros
Great location, compensation for meals
Cons
penalty school
n/a
Claims Assistant (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 11, 2016
there is no review currently available, I will update at another time, There is nothing to review at the moment currently
Productive and fun place to work.
Leave of Absence Coordinator (Former Employee) –  IowaJune 7, 2016
Sedgwick is a very advanced place to work. You are quickly taught everything. Training is fun and easy. I learned a lot about FMLA leave and various other types of leave.
Pros
Health care benefits and discounts at a lot of places
Cons
Your position isn't always secured
Sedgwick IT Analsyt
IT Application Associate (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 3, 2016
Very nice job with plenty of opportunity for growth. A big learning curve but over time you learn the business and your role so you can complete tasks more efficiently.
Fun place with awesome co workers.
Claims Assistant (Former Employee) –  Seven Hills, OHJune 1, 2016
Fun place to work, co workers are great, The whole time is as one and love to help each other out, Typical day runs very smoothly.
A stable, steady place to work
LTD Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAMay 25, 2016
Sedgwick is a good company to work for if you can keep up with it. The pace and turn-around can be high at first but those who stick it out learn a lot about the industry and managing their workflow. There's a lot of good people here who have learned a lot about the Industry, and the company likes to retain talent and re-purpose it whenever able.
Pros
Good work-life balance w/ benefits
Cons
Will move jobs to other less costly locations
Sedgwick
Claims Representative (Current Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLMay 23, 2016
Sedgwick is not a bad place to work. Very report driven and the system is easy to use. The issues are politics and double standards.
Supervisors/Managers have no knowledge of Jurisdictions they are responsible for.
Claims Examiner (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXMay 17, 2016
It is the policy of this company that Managers/Supervisor are not required to have any knowledge of States that they supervise. This causes for a lot of questions and bad information in files. The Supervisor/Manager are not able to train adjusters or even review files due to their limited knowledge.

HR is clueless
Pros
Cons
supervisor/manager will never back up the adjuster
You decide
Customer Care Professional (Current Employee) –  Seven Hills, OHMay 16, 2016
Work and life balance are awful, get plenty of time off but can never take it. There is a lot of over time. Turn over is tremendous.
Benefits are ok
Fast past fun work place where you do your work and have fun at the same time
Liability Claims Associate (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 11, 2016
Claims are assigned in the morning. All contacts must be made same day and files updated. Diaries, email and mail must also be handled the same day they are assigned. I really enjoyed working with my co-workers. The hardest part of the job was balancing the time spent on each task. I really enjoyed that there was never a down moment, loved being busy all the time.
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
not enough people to handle the claims load
Fast-paced, casual work setting.
Senior Disability Representative (Current Employee) –  Coralville, IAMay 9, 2016
Sedgwick is a casual company with great opportunities for advancement. Vast amount of knowledge taught in order to perform duties to the best of your ability. Very bubbly and entertaning environment with great open-door policy. Never a dull moment. Critical thinking required!
Challenging Position with a great team, great place to work
Claims Assistant - Full Time (Former Employee) –  Sandy Springs, GAMay 9, 2016
Working with international clients is very challenging but within our department we had a great team that worked together to achieve our monthly goals. Sedgwick is a great company to work for unfortunately our department was closed as of April.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Deptpartment closed
Good Entry Level Workplace
Claims Examiner II (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 5, 2016
Fast paced work. Learned basics about adjusting general liability. Assisted with obtaining insurance licenses. Overworked for the pay.
Pros
Good people to work with
Cons
No HR department on site.
n/a
Claims Manager (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLMay 3, 2016
Good work life, allow to work from home when needed.
Claim load can differ
No back up
Little communication the team I was in was great we all got along
Pros
FLEXABLE
Cons
LEADERSHIP
Great place to work!
Sr. Administrative Assistant/ Legal Intern (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 2, 2016
I was on contract doing basic legal assisting/ intern work. Environment was great, nice and quiet, people were very nice and friendly. Lots of freedom and relaxed environment!
private cubicals
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Dubuque, IAApril 26, 2016
Management is not who they say who they are and the job started off good and then turned into the job that no one wants to have.
Pros
free water
Cons
short lunches
Well, they're trying, I guess...
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Seven Hills, OHApril 25, 2016
I've held two different positions in this company. The benefits are the biggest draw, though the pay is better than a lot of jobs in the area. It's still barely, barely livable for me. I miss the overtime my old department had; I actually made more then, but had to work weekend and holidays. Now, I have those off, guaranteed, and am occasionally able to freelance in costuming for theatres, which is where my training really is. I'm also really lucky in that I live practically around the corner from my office, to where I can go home on my lunch hour.
Pros
health care, time off, schedule, location
Cons
pay
Thanks Sedgwick :)
SCR, SCR II, Disability Rep and Disability Rep II (Former Employee) –  Dubuque, IAApril 11, 2016
Sedgwick is a fantastic place to work!!! I would gladly work for Sedgwick again because they have the best overall vision hands down!
People don't always live by the golden rule or work according to the core values. That is life. It is up to every individual colleague to be their own success because the opportunity is there.
I had to take a personal journey to become that type of individual again and I can now be a better asset to the next opportunity.
THANKS SEDGWICK!
Pros
Fairness, benefits, recognition
Cons
Humans aren't perfect, petty and negative, makes uncomfortable work environment