Sedgwick Claims Management Services

Sedgwick Claims Management Services Employee Reviews

Taking the brunt of working with a failing company
Managed Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 3, 2016
First off, you have to be completely comfortable with the concept of returning hurt and ill workers to their jobs before they have completely healed. That's how Sedgwick makes all of their money. Sounds simple, but if you think about what you REALLY do for a living, it can keep you up at night. Next, management only cares about the bottom line--not you, your co-workers, their customers or clients. You will always desperately need resources and management will constantly promise you them--you'll never get them. You'll get paid VERY well, but will work more and more hours than you expect because they're constantly short-staffed. You'll get tons of PTO, but will seldom be approved to take any of it and the company will just take it back from you at the end of the year.
Pros
Great pay, PTO; average benefits
Cons
No work/life balance, mgmt not supportive, people are treated like numbers, not people
Do more with less
Senior Disability Representative (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 15, 2016
A typical work day as a claim manager is between 11-15 hours. A lot is expected of the examiners. The accounts are very understaffed and the employees are very stressed. The company is behind on technology and there are many issues with software and servers going down on a monthly basis. The company does allow great vacation benefits, however employee's comeback to more work than they had before they went on their time off work. The company stresses work life balance, but this is not a reality due to the workload that is assigned to each examiner
Pros
great vacation benefits
Cons
understaffed, bad benefits, bad technology
Growing Company
Absence Management Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 2, 2016
Sedgwick is a company that continues to grow each year as it gains new clients and through acquisitions. A typical day at work includes assisting claimants and medical professionals with submitting information to resolve claims. There are also trainings and meetings to provide feedback to examiners and give them tools on how to effectively manage their case loads.
Pros
Diverse work environment, group activities/lunches, frequent training
Cons
There is no Work/Life balance, Compensation
Blah!
Service Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 23, 2016
The company isn't bad I've worked for worst companies before. I do feel they handle more clients than they can handle at times. SCR are penalized for much more than we should. The computer systems are typically always freezing or shutting down causing our numbers to rise and we are penalized at the end of the day for the IT errors but some how they blame it on the SCR's. The job should be easy and stress free but can be difficult at time. I don't have anything positive to say about management except for one which he actually does his job. The pay is ok if you don't have a lot of bills or stay at home with parents, it's manageable. The good thing is there are so many departments within this company and after 6 months your eligible to apply for different positions and also have the option to work from home.
Pros
PTO, Monday-Friday Shift
Cons
Healthcare benefits, management
High turn over rate.
Intake Representative (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIDecember 29, 2016
The customer service department has a high turn overrate due to management subject subordinates to constant harassment. New hires receive minimal training and overwhelming responsibility. Representatives are ridiculed and scrutinized by their break and lunch time. Representatives are penalied by flawed call out procedure. Management does not make themselves available to resolve clarify policy issues or resolve uncertain matters.
Benefits
Cons
Lack of training.
CLAIMS ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYDecember 4, 2016
Hours are great - Monday through Friday day time hours. One company one team actually means something.

Company has great benefits and gives lots of PTO time so you can take lots of vacations.

Colleagues that you work with care about you and give you praise, and management is very supportive and positive.
Productive, fast-paced place to work
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 29, 2016
I started my employment there after the recent acquisition of a new account. Things were quite a bit hectic as the acquisition and all that came with it, was far bigger than originally expected.

Everyday, we received a high claim load but were given the freedom and trust to work at our own pace. This really helped me learn better time management skills and to set multiple smalls goals so that the task did not seem too daunting.

Management was a mixed bag. My direct manager was understanding and allowed us the autonomy to do our jobs at our pace. I felt he had our backs and legitimately tried to make the environment as conducive to being productive as possible. Unfortunately, I do not have the same confidence in his superiors. At many times, I felt no sense of direction or leadership. The acquisition was a big one and perhaps they were overwhelmed by it. There were so many hurdles to clear in the acquisition that it rendered our upper management ineffective in influencing and providing us the leadership needed to help us in our day to day operations.

The co-workers were great. Most were friendly and willing to lend a hand. The company benefits are pretty good as well and the work/life balance was acceptable considering the amount of work to be done.
Pros
good benefits, great co workers, autonomy
Cons
workload, organization, upper management
Sedgwick CMS
Reconsideration Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHJune 25, 2016
Sedgwick is a great company. They offer great opportunities to grow with the company, such as a class for those interested in Leadership. The company strives to be the best and to help you be the best you can be, They also have fund raisers all year long to raise money for the community with food banks, children and senior citizens.

The managers and supervisors communicated with us on a daily basis to learn and assist us with ways that would help us process our bills in an efficient and timely manner. Processes changed often until we came to resolution on how to make changes to the systems we were using to make things go smoothly.

All departments worked separately but at the same time worked as team. Co-workers assisted each other to make sure things were processed correctly. That's just a small portion of what made Sedgwick a great place to work.
Pros
Benefits, great pay, time off, friendly atmosphere
Cons
not departments allowed us to work from home.
This is not a great company to work for
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Seven Hills, OHDecember 5, 2016
This company has a very high turn over and the management of the company is horrible.
The employees have low morale and the rate of pay needs to improve quite a bit!
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
High turn over, no Lunch room or Cafe. Limited Parking spaces
Case management specialist (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 11, 2016
Poor management. Unequal distribution of labor. Salaried employee works more than set hours without compensation. Very poor work / life balance
Pros
Cons
Long hours no compensation

Want to know more about Sedgwick Claims Management Services?

Ask a question
nationwide
Disability Claims Examiner (Current Employee) –  New Albany, OHDecember 20, 2016
self starting career, can be upward progressive within the company of mobility. Offers healthcare, 401K and generous PTO has positions that work from home
Pros
pto is generous, customer service oriented
Cons
n/a
Great benefits and PTO allowance
Property Damage Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Independence, OHJanuary 7, 2017
The growth potential for this company is great. The opportunities for internal growth is even greater. PTO and the rest of the benefits package are very generous from the start and with every year your there.
gread paid time off no appreciation for employees
Senior Disability Representative (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 5, 2017
great paid time off benefits however no appreciation to its employees. long hours , benefits are a joke , little teak work
Great benefits, never a dull moment
Case Associate (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHDecember 27, 2016
I love working for this company

The offer excellent benefits, opportunities to grow including relocating as they have offices all over the country.

They listen to the employees and work well with us.
Every job has is pros and cons
LEAVE OF ABSENCE SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXDecember 19, 2016
Overall decent company; great values and PTO benefits. PTO starts at 20 days per year and adds a day per year of your tenure. Not much room for growth.
Pros
Generous PTO
Cons
Worklife balance is non exsistent
Stressful
Claims Examiner III (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILAugust 12, 2016
All claims jobs are basically the same. Full of stress and demanding. At Sedgwick, it's the same but, at times, even worse. They promise too many services to clients that they are not staffed for. They expect their employees to be 100% when the have caseloads up to or above 200. Which is impossible to manage on a normal desk. When you are expected to have all your diaries completed every Friday. You are not supposed to leave without being at 0.

We are provided with a lot of paid time off; however, it's incredibly hard to take time off due to the amount of work that is given.

Seniority is no longer appreciated in the corporate world. They do not care if you have been with the company for 20 years, they will walk you out in a heartbeat. There is always someone cheaper to fill your place.

Upper management seems incredibly nice in person. But, they are ruthless and do not support the people who basically run the company and do the promised work.

Your work is not recognized unless you are a favorite of staff management. If you are a favorite, you are likely to be tapped for a management role yourself.

Co-workers are nice but there is a lot of turnover and it's hard to get to know anyone. This office used to be a tight knit community. Now it's filled with strangers that are replaced every couple of weeks or months.
Pros
Benefits, generous PTO
Cons
Stressful, Demanding, Expectations too high, Management does not care for their employees
Not enough pay
Leave of Absence Representative I, FMLA (Current Employee) –  West Hills, CASeptember 22, 2016
Not enough pay. Benefits are excellent. There is no place to advance in the requires field needed. Education level does not matter at this organization.
Work at Home
Claims Intake Specialist (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 26, 2016
37.5 hour work week
Great customer service experience
Work from Home
Great Benefits
Answering inbound calls
Third Party Claims Administrator
A stable, steady place to work
LTD Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAMay 25, 2016
Sedgwick is a good company to work for if you can keep up with it. The pace and turn-around can be high at first but those who stick it out learn a lot about the industry and managing their workflow. There's a lot of good people here who have learned a lot about the Industry, and the company likes to retain talent and re-purpose it whenever able.
Pros
Good work-life balance w/ benefits
Cons
Will move jobs to other less costly locations
supportive and encouraging workplace
Senior Disability Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hilliard, OHJuly 14, 2016
good benefits
friendly environment
career path mapping
good work/life balance
difficult to move into management
resources sometimes feel stretched

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sedgwick Claims Management Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9