Sedgwick Claims Management Services Employee Reviews

Great Colleagues
Claims Manager (Current Employee), Walnut Creek, CAAugust 30, 2015
Pros: Flex time
Cons: no work life balance
Great Colleagues and good mid management. Good chances to advance. Working here has provided excellent management training.
Melissa's Review
Claims Supervisor/Sr. Examiner (Former Employee), Rancho Cordova, CAAugust 28, 2015
During my tenure as a Claims Supervisor, I had six (6) direct reports, managed 600 claims and my own files. I learned to pay great attention to detail and my hard work glowed through!
Busy
Claims Examiner II (Former Employee), Brookfield, WIAugust 26, 2015
Determining coverage, compensability facts of loss and degrees of liability exposure.
· Handling files with moderate authority based on management discretion.
· Providing outstanding customer service
Terrible work envirnment
Claims exaimner III (Former Employee), AtlantaAugust 26, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: Excessive work load, Mgmt micro manages
I worked the Coke account at Sedgwick and Management could care less about the adjusters. It is a classic sweet shop with no regard for adjusters pending. They refuse to hire more adjusters in an effort to save money and they simply keep demanding more & more from all the adjusters handling the Coke account. It is an atmosphere of silent discontent. There is constant micro managing of your work and the expectations set for the adjusters is unrealistic. If you are desperate for a job and like to be abused then this is a job for you.
Decent place to work
Claims Examiner III (Former Employee), Lewisville, TexasAugust 25, 2015
Pros: Good place to work
Cons: Low ball salary pay
Ok place to work, team leaders/supervisors are ok but could be better. Sometimes can be a sweat shop with high pendings.
Productive and fun workplace
Research Investigator (Current Employee), Naperville, ILAugust 20, 2015
I have been with this company for six months and couldn't be happier to have found a career here. The environment is positive for the most part and everyone is friendly. I continue to learn new things and am able to demonstrate my abilities and knowledge. Everyone seems to be open minded. They award you for good work and. The company is very flexible and understanding if you need to take a day off.
Quiet work enviornment with great benefits
LOA Coordinator (Former Employee), Columbus, OHAugust 13, 2015
Excellent benefits and training courses, Sedgwick offers much in the way of personal growth and opportunity if you are ambitious and ethical.
A great place to learn that there are better companies
WC Claims Adjuster (Current Employee), Greenville, SCAugust 12, 2015
Pros: Management appear to be concerned
Cons: Makes a lot of promises but are never realized
Working on a dedicated account as an onsite adjuster, has it's disadvantages. The company still require you to maintain a full caseload as if you were working in the office. The hours required to maintain the files are massive. I guess this is why they have us as salary employees.
Time Management and Multi-tasking
Leave of Absence Coordinator (Current Employee), Southfield, MIAugust 6, 2015
Pros: PTO days, flexibility
Cons: work overload
Relaxed work place that offers a lot of flexibility, and opportunities to learn new tasks. Enhances your time management skills, organizational skills, and multi tasking ability.
Good Place To Work
College Intern (Former Employee), Memphis, TNAugust 4, 2015
Pros: Nice get togethers.
Cons: Sometimes you find yourself thrown in the fire if you are a newbie.
Good place to work. Management is pretty good. Just go in and do your job. Its like a family. I learned how to work in IT.The hardest part of my job is helping people I have no concept of what I am doing. The most enjoyable part of the job is succeeding.
Professional team environment.
Claims Representative (Former Employee), Hunt Valley, MDJuly 14, 2015
Pros: Generous PTO, free coffee/tea options in the break room.
Cons: Healthcare program/benefits could be better.
Typical day includes handling new claims including making client and claimant contact, uploading necessary documents to stored information retrieval, completing investigations.
Poor work life balance
Disability Representative (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 11, 2015
Cons: Long work day, unrealistic workload
The workload is pretty high and management does not replace employees fast enough. The workload is very high, the expectations are unreasonable and management are just trying to look out for themselves. They also target employees they don't want anymore and view them with a microscope to find any reason to fire them. You have to be careful what you say because many people are related and you don't want to get on anyone's badside. You'll be promoted if your part of the crew but if not forget about it no matter how much of a good worker you are. The pay is okay but less than the industry. Its a job, but not something you will enjoy or want to stay at long term.
No room for advancement
Claims Examiner (Current Employee), Lake Mary, FloridaJuly 8, 2015
Pros: PTO
Cons: Pay
Case load too high (over 150 claims), no room for advancement. Good tools and processes, but case count doesn't allow for good use of resources.
terrible
Call Center agent (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 8, 2015
chercks were short because they paid monday thru friday so if you worked on the weekend u would have a low check but you worked the hours
it was like u were working for free
Easy job yet job culture created unnecessary challenges
Senior Disability Claims Specialist (Former Employee), Irving, TXJuly 8, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Only client driven not driven to build employees
Management was disconnected from the actual claims process so it was challenging to obtain assistance from them. Processes and turnaround times became unrealistic to achieve consistently due to short handed work force.
Unrealistic workload
Senior Claims Examiner (Current Employee), Tampa, FLJuly 1, 2015
If you like to work 10-12 hours a day and weekends, you'll love it! They provide a lot of personal time off; however it is so very hard to take it. No one really covers while you are out. The supervisors are ineffective and will never take a phone call. They just dump on the claims examiners. Upper management is out of touch.
My winderful desk job.
LOA Specialist (Current Employee), Irving, TXJune 30, 2015
Sedgwick is a company with many parts, I work for one of Sedgwick's many clients. I spend my days as a Leave of Absence (LOA) specialist, I find my job very rewarding due to me always having a eye for the medical field.
Fast pasted work environment
Leave Of Absence Coordinator (Current Employee), Calabasas, CAJune 29, 2015
Great employer to work for! Encourage promotion within and very helpful coworkers always willing to lend a helping hand. Very challenging job everyday and always learning something new.
poor management, very unpleasant manager and work envirnoment
Medical Only Claims Examiner (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NvJune 29, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short breaks if any at all, short lunch breaks due to heavy volume of work
The Las Vegas location is very overwhelming with heavy work loads, insufficiently staffed, little job training. The management is unprofessional and rude. Not a friendly envirnoment.
Ok
Leave of Absence Coordinator (Current Employee), New Albany, OHJune 23, 2015
The pay is ok. If you do not know somewhere here you probably will not get the job. Totally a who do you know employer. Just not for me I rather be judged by my skills not whom I know.