Sedgwick Claims Management Services Employee Reviews in United States

Great collegues
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Coralville, IAAugust 24, 2016
The colleagues are great, they are willing to assist with your development. The supervisors are willing to help you develop leadership.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
company reacts instead of being proactive specially when they know changes are coming.
Blah!
Service Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 23, 2016
The company isn't bad I've worked for worst companies before. I do feel they handle more clients than they can handle at times. SCR are penalized for much more than we should. The computer systems are typically always freezing or shutting down causing our numbers to rise and we are penalized at the end of the day for the IT errors but some how they blame it on the SCR's. The job should be easy and stress free but can be difficult at time. I don't have anything positive to say about management except for one which he actually does his job. The pay is ok if you don't have a lot of bills or stay at home with parents, it's manageable. The good thing is there are so many departments within this company and after 6 months your eligible to apply for different positions and also have the option to work from home.
Pros
PTO, Monday-Friday Shift
Cons
Healthcare benefits, management
Good company
QA Manager (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 20, 2016
Nice place to work and People are good.
Hardest part is Performance testing for Pega and clearing exceptions for Critical business scenarios.
Stressful
Claims Examiner III (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILAugust 12, 2016
All claims jobs are basically the same. Full of stress and demanding. At Sedgwick, it's the same but, at times, even worse. They promise too many services to clients that they are not staffed for. They expect their employees to be 100% when the have caseloads up to or above 200. Which is impossible to manage on a normal desk. When you are expected to have all your diaries completed every Friday. You are not supposed to leave without being at 0.

We are provided with a lot of paid time off; however, it's incredibly hard to take time off due to the amount of work that is given.

Seniority is no longer appreciated in the corporate world. They do not care if you have been with the company for 20 years, they will walk you out in a heartbeat. There is always someone cheaper to fill your place.

Upper management seems incredibly nice in person. But, they are ruthless and do not support the people who basically run the company and do the promised work.

Your work is not recognized unless you are a favorite of staff management. If you are a favorite, you are likely to be tapped for a management role yourself.

Co-workers are nice but there is a lot of turnover and it's hard to get to know anyone. This office used to be a tight knit community. Now it's filled with strangers that are replaced every couple of weeks or months.
Pros
Benefits, generous PTO
Cons
Stressful, Demanding, Expectations too high, Management does not care for their employees
I enjoyed working with this company.
Financial Support Services (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 9, 2016
This law firm was a great company to work for. I enjoyed my time with this company however it was a contract position. I enjoyed the team I was assigned to work with.
Productive place of business
Service Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 9, 2016
A company that promotes growth and skills. The manager at the call center is very hands on and has an open door policy. Assistance programs are available to all employees.
Productive customer driven
Occupational Safety & Health Specialist (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 6, 2016
Very nice company to work for customer service oriented. everyone works very hard to keep customers satisfied. Management is very understanding and will go out of the way to insure a good morale environment.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
Great place to work if you are just starting out
Mailroom Clerk, Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OhioJuly 19, 2016
I worked for this company for almost 10 years. I stayed because it was a great place to work and potential for movement up the corporate later. Once I reached my full potential without a college degree it was time for me to seek out other opportunities.
Poor
Claims Associate (Current Employee) –  Independence, OHJuly 18, 2016
Started off very positive. Moved up relatively quickly but was soon halted. Took over large client and slowly saw many faults within company.
supportive and encouraging workplace
Senior Disability Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hilliard, OHJuly 14, 2016
good benefits
friendly environment
career path mapping
good work/life balance
difficult to move into management
resources sometimes feel stretched
Great Work environment
Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 13, 2016
Great work environment , great people to work with. Loads of work that not compensated by the pay grade.
It was a good place to work
Senior Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 13, 2016
The management in the Houston office was not as good as in Boise but they did their best to help us deal with a very difficult customer. You had to work a lot of hours to keep up with all of the customer demands in this office.
Claim Assistant STD/LTD/WC/FMLA (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 11, 2016
Case load of 20-50 employee cases to start process.
Learned the different policies and procedures with handling fmla with different companies.
I had a great team of co workers,
we always had contest during the week to promote team building
Pros
Cons
I was a contractor
Great place to work at
System Analyst (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 8, 2016
Management understand the challenges, so they push you but they help you if you need, great experience working here.

They understand that the business is complex so even when you get stuck you can just ask for help and everybody will be willing and happy to help, after all I guess we all get caught on that situation once on a while
Pros
work from home in bad weather days, flexible PTO, friendly environment
Cons
They don't have a swimming pool
Great Benefits and Training
Intake Specialist - Special Investigative Unit (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TN ( Naperville Office)July 4, 2016
This is what I do - I am the intake person that processes the orders from Claim examiners at Sedgwick who are requesting information on workman comp claimants
great Company to work for
RTW/Accommodation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 28, 2016
Although Sedgwick is a great Company the stress level high and the demands for high work volume cause more stress and at times interfere with homelife
Pros
Compensation good
Cons
stress too high
Sedgwick CMS
Reconsideration Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHJune 25, 2016
Sedgwick is a great company. They offer great opportunities to grow with the company, such as a class for those interested in Leadership. The company strives to be the best and to help you be the best you can be, They also have fund raisers all year long to raise money for the community with food banks, children and senior citizens.

The managers and supervisors communicated with us on a daily basis to learn and assist us with ways that would help us process our bills in an efficient and timely manner. Processes changed often until we came to resolution on how to make changes to the systems we were using to make things go smoothly.

All departments worked separately but at the same time worked as team. Co-workers assisted each other to make sure things were processed correctly. That's just a small portion of what made Sedgwick a great place to work.
Pros
Benefits, great pay, time off, friendly atmosphere
Cons
not departments allowed us to work from home.
Great environment
Claims Examiner III (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 17, 2016
Huge company with a high volume of claims. Great atmosphere with awards ceremonies and in house training. Great AVP with a charismatic personality and a hands on approach will all employees. No favoritism shown.
Pros
Great location, compensation for meals
Cons
penalty school
Great Company
Data Consultant (Current Employee) –  Windsor, CTJune 15, 2016
This company is a fun company to work for. It promotes excellent work/life balance and allows the employees to give back to the community through different volunteer services.
Pros
Work/life balance, Gyms, onsite Medical Care
n/a
Claims Assistant (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 11, 2016
there is no review currently available, I will update at another time, There is nothing to review at the moment currently

2.9