Sedgwick Claims Management Services Employee Reviews in United States

n/a
Claims Manager (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLMay 3, 2016
Good work life, allow to work from home when needed.
Claim load can differ
No back up
Little communication the team I was in was great we all got along
Pros
FLEXABLE
Cons
LEADERSHIP
Great place to work!
Sr. Administrative Assistant/ Legal Intern (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 2, 2016
I was on contract doing basic legal assisting/ intern work. Environment was great, nice and quiet, people were very nice and friendly. Lots of freedom and relaxed environment!
private cubicals
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Dubuque, IAApril 26, 2016
Management is not who they say who they are and the job started off good and then turned into the job that no one wants to have.
Pros
free water
Cons
short lunches
Well, they're trying, I guess...
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Seven Hills, OHApril 25, 2016
I've held two different positions in this company. The benefits are the biggest draw, though the pay is better than a lot of jobs in the area. It's still barely, barely livable for me. I miss the overtime my old department had; I actually made more then, but had to work weekend and holidays. Now, I have those off, guaranteed, and am occasionally able to freelance in costuming for theatres, which is where my training really is. I'm also really lucky in that I live practically around the corner from my office, to where I can go home on my lunch hour.
Pros
health care, time off, schedule, location
Cons
pay
Thanks Sedgwick :)
SCR, SCR II, Disability Rep and Disability Rep II (Former Employee) –  Dubuque, IAApril 11, 2016
Sedgwick is a fantastic place to work!!! I would gladly work for Sedgwick again because they have the best overall vision hands down!
People don't always live by the golden rule or work according to the core values. That is life. It is up to every individual colleague to be their own success because the opportunity is there.
I had to take a personal journey to become that type of individual again and I can now be a better asset to the next opportunity.
THANKS SEDGWICK!
Pros
Fairness, benefits, recognition
Cons
Humans aren't perfect, petty and negative, makes uncomfortable work environment
good place to work
Specialty Operations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Dublin, OHApril 6, 2016
The company is a good place to work for with great paid time off and also good benefits. Work is very easy in most department for fast learners.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
not alot of overtime
Ok
Service Center Associate (Current Employee) –  Work from homeMarch 31, 2016
The position is a phone position answering incoming calls. The hardest part of the job is the matrix. There was to many managers as everyone is looking to supervise. Many would agree that as there were changes there was not sufficient trainings available unfortunately.
This company is unorganized
Financial Coordinator Sr (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 17, 2016
This company Lead and management team is a joke. There training is a joke. Leads are friends with there co workers not a good look.
This is a terrible place to work.
Customer services Representative (Former Employee) –  Seven Hills, OHMarch 13, 2016
Each month you get auditted on your calls and you never know what calls they will listen to and worry each month if you will be fired. They change the "rules" as it meets their purposes. There is no consistency to what they educate and audit . The benefits are good but they think that a raise of 10 cents an hour once a year is something you should be happy with. They give more and more responsibility but not reward you in any way. Management manages by negativity. There is no positive feedback. I was told that you don't learn.by what you do right. As far as getting promoted and move up in the company, that only happens if you are a "favorite". Don't believe anything they promise,because it will never happen. Stay away from this company. The people you work with are great but are in the same negativity and makes for a difficult working place. Most of them just want out. Hopefully things are different at other locations.
Pros
nice people to work with and good benefits
Cons
management couldn't be much worse
You will be overworked and totally unappreciated
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 10, 2016
Use this company as a last resort. They expect you to do the work of 2 people and will performance manage you out if you don't work yourself to death trying to keep up. They are not interested in hearing your concerns. They give the client what they want no matter how it affects the employees. Management sucks and they will throw you under the bus before accepting responsibility for any problems caused by the overload of work. Management cannot be trusted.
Pros
Employees are great to work with, lots of PTO, it will provide you with a paycheck
Cons
Employees are unappreciated. Management sucks. Too much work to feel successful.
Relaxed Work environment
Service Center Representative (Former Employee) –  New Albany, OHMarch 9, 2016
Very laid back. The team lead i had was great. I liked the recognition meetings every quarter. They gave you something to look forward to. Great PTO. Good people for the most part. I learned a lot about claims management, leave of absences and disability claims.
Pros
good overtime opportunities
Cons
attendance policy
productive and very nice environment to work in
Claims Processing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 29, 2016
i had several responsibilities on a daily basis. Everything was very well organized. All my co-workers were very friendly
Pros
free lunches somtimes
Cons
not a conract employer
The company has grown too fast and hired the wrong people to maintain the business
Absence Management Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 23, 2016
The company on paper is fantastic and there are great benefits to working at Sedgwick, however the promotional opportunities are few and far between. Nepotism is rampant and as a result people with no experience in management or the line of business were given the flagship program and the results have been a disaster. The office morale has been declining every year and the colleague satisfaction surveys have also been declining every year I have worked for the company. This is due to no incentives for top performers and a merit/salary increase system that is based purely on audit scores. It is also due to all lines of business are understaffed and the colleagues are over worked. Colleagues are micro-managed and Paid Time Off is restricted due to "business needs". Which is a shame because they do offer great vacation time starting out, you just can't use it in the year and none of it rolls over to the next. As a result of the rapid growth, the training new colleagues are given is non existent and new hires are set up for failure with no training, in a sink or swim environment. They also changed the way HR (or Colleague Resources at Sedgwick) is handled. My current office does not have an HR representative on site, which gives the colleagues no where to go for questions or voicing concerns with management.
Pros
Medical Benefits, life insurance, Paid Time Off, wide range of Lines of Business
Cons
Can't use all the PTO, no training, nepotism, micro-managing, zero incentives for top performers, no promotional opportunities, declining office morale, no Human Resource support, understaffed in every line of business due to rapid growth.
Oversight of 5 Claims Examiners to assure compliance with State Regulatory requirments, client handling insturctions, and Best Practices.
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAFebruary 17, 2016
This is a company for younger employee's just out of or going to school. The larger question will be, do the Sedgwick client's believe they are getting their monies worth.
good place to work if you don't mind never advancing
Medical Bill Processor (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHFebruary 13, 2016
Overall, the people at the company are good, very decent folks.

But, the hiring practices are absolutely abysmal, and opportunities for advancement are nonexistent. I applied to 50 jobs in the six years I worked there, and saw every kind of cronyism and nepotism possible. I came in with 20 years of experience in handling a particular type of claim, for example, only to lose out on the job to someone with no experience, but 20 years younger, and a buddy of the hiring manager.

They also have a bad habit of never responding to let you know if you got the job or not. Out of the 50 applications, at least 20 just vanished with no response from anyone (even after an interview!). Discussions about this with upper management were pointless: there was nothing they wanted to do about it.

Simply put, if they are going to treat INTERNAL candidates like trash, don't get your hopes up about applying to this company.
Pros
Decent people who work very hard, benefits pretty good
Cons
Bush-league hiring practices, glass ceiling for older employees
The workers worked hard
Workers' Compensation Claim Examiner (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 4, 2016
Morale had begun to drop. Case loads had started to rise. Communication was not the best. Company benefits good. Generous at holiday time.
Stable work
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXFebruary 2, 2016
Nothing to jump up and down about. You do your job and get paid. Stable work environment. Benefits are average. No real perks.
Pros
Secure company
Cons
Benefits are average
good company, bad department
Senior Disability Specialist (Current Employee) –  New Albany, OHFebruary 1, 2016
Rumor has it we have almost 1.5x the amount of work of other clients due to the fact that we have the largest one. Good company, not the best department.
benefits
Cons
overworked and underpaid compared to other clients under the same company
So so
Leave/Disability Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Hilliard, OHFebruary 1, 2016
It was a good job at times but management changed over the years and went downhill. I would not go back to work for Sedgwick.
Lack of communication
Accounts Payable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 31, 2016
The lack of communication and follow through from management creates a stressful environment from something that could be easily avoided. There are good people who work here but they are over shadowed by the manager favorites. Management has constant ideas and meetings about issues that will be done or are going to be implemented but are never heard of again. Under different management there would be more success in the finance department.
Pros
Good people, good benefits, fun office
Cons
Management, lack of any training or communication.