Sedgwick Claims Management Services

Sedgwick Claims Management Services Employee Reviews

Fun and Unique Each Day
Private Investigator (Current Employee), Naperville, ILJune 30, 2015
Each daily investigation is unique and no day is the same as the last. Co-workers and management are easy to work with and get along, Sedgwick heavily promotes a healthy work/life balance. Some investigations are more challenging than others and the fun part is finding ways to overcome those challenges.
Fast pasted work environment
Leave Of Absence Coordinator (Current Employee), Calabasas, CAJune 29, 2015
Great employer to work for! Encourage promotion within and very helpful coworkers always willing to lend a helping hand. Very challenging job everyday and always learning something new.
poor management, very unpleasant manager and work envirnoment
Medical Only Claims Examiner (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NvJune 29, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short breaks if any at all, short lunch breaks due to heavy volume of work
The Las Vegas location is very overwhelming with heavy work loads, insufficiently staffed, little job training. The management is unprofessional and rude. Not a friendly envirnoment.
Ok
Leave of Absence Coordinator (Current Employee), New Albany, OHJune 23, 2015
The pay is ok. If you do not know somewhere here you probably will not get the job. Totally a who do you know employer. Just not for me I rather be judged by my skills not whom I know.
Customer Care
friendly
unorganized in some areas
If I could give zero stars I would
Claims Assistant (Current Employee), San Diego, CAJune 22, 2015
Pros: Medical benefits
Cons: Over worked, micromanaging, caddy people
At first this company seems great, but you'll get over worked without proper compensation. You'll work with caddy people who promote their friends and who make false accusations to get you fired. CR support is the worst thing on this planet. They're a bunch of airheads. DONT WORK HERE.
N/A
Claims Examiner II Workers Compensation (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 12, 2015
Pros: N/A
Cons: N/A
Third party administrator - daily work consisted of mid to lower level claims.
Great vacation time - overload of work hard to ask for time off
no comment
Service Center Associate-work from home (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJune 6, 2015
It is all owned by the same company I want out of the worker comp industry, this company don't offer 40hrs a week only 35hrs a week
Great environment with competitive benefits
Financial Services Support Specialist (Current Employee), Memphis, TNJune 6, 2015
Pros: Great PTO, Insurance and activities planned for team moral
Cons: Low salary
Great place to work to gain valuable experience; however, not a long term company to work for if you are seeking to advance and to be paid a salary that truly commensurates with experience.
Not a great company to work for
SR. PROJECT MANAGEMENT ADVISOR (Former Employee), Hilliard, OHJune 4, 2015
I was promised this "great opportunity" for a growing company. It was close to home but I had to travel all over the country for client work. No work life balance when you are working 60-70 hour weeks. Management was about the worst I had ever seen at a company.
Slimy Management
Claims Assistant (Former Employee), Radnor PAMay 28, 2015
Pros: Learned alot-wonderful coworkers
Cons: Management lacks tact
I met some wonderful people - new management terminated my position as a claims assistant without warning .... with them, it's all about favoritism and power struck blonde females!
No major complaints, just ready to move on after 15 years
Claims Assistant (promotion) (Current Employee), Houston, TXMay 25, 2015
I have worked for the company for about 15 years however only 5 were with Sedgwick as we were bough out. The company itself is ok however I am seeking better opportunities in my next employment opportunity. In my field flexibility to work from home is non-existent and I need more flexibility with my family's schedule. The room for growth in my field is also hard to come by.
Ok for starting point
Leave of Absence Coordinator-Wal-Mart Program (Current Employee), Coralville, IAMay 25, 2015
Typical day at work is processing FMLA, state and client specific leaves for large retail chain. My current case load is approximately 410 claims, of which roughly 100 per day is reviewed for eligibility, meeting requirements once approved, or denying due to no receipt of medical information. I have learned organizational skills, working with proprietary systems to process/track leaves of absences, and basic HR functions. The hardest part of my job is to call the employees to advise of denial, and the most enjoyable is helping the employees protect their jobs. I work in a team environment, some embrace this more than others, but overall, my specific team seems to work well together to complete the days tasks.
INTENSE FAST PACED WORK ENVIRONMENT
Sr. Disability FMLA/LOA Representative (Current Employee), Plano, TXMay 23, 2015
Pros: GOOD PTO AND BENEFITS
THIS IS A FAST PACED WORK ENVIRONMENT, WITH POTENTIAL LONG HOURS. CAN BE STRESSFUL. BE ABLE TO EMBRACE CHANGE, OFTEN. THERE CAN BE MONTHLY AUDITS IN WHICH YOUR PERFORMANCE IS JUDGED. BE ABLE TO MAINTAIN CONSISTENT & ACCURATE PRODUCTION.
Most stressful disorganized place I've ever worked
Claims Examiner (Current Employee), TexasMay 19, 2015
Pros: you get paid
Cons: everything else
I've been working claims over ten years and this by far is the most disorganized company I've ever been at. Claims are assigned at around 4 or 6 claims per day. Every day. No matter what. No matter if you are off work. Contact is expected regardless of how much work has been piled on you. Ridiculous metrics are required. No support from management . You are expected to answer every single call and return every call you miss while you were on the other call. There is literally no time to work the actual claims. Management is so far disconnected between what they demand and what is humanly possible that it's pretty much a joke amongst co workers. Do yourself a favor and look elsewhere. You'll save a lot of wasted time and effort.
Great place to learn.
Claims Examiner (Former Employee), ChicagoMay 12, 2015
Pros: Knowledge
Cons: Understaffed
A great place to gain a wide range of claims knowledge The pay for licensing, continuing education credits, an abundance of learning material available on portal.
Productive and enjoyable work place but if audits don't meet
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Seven Hills, OHMay 8, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Stressful always worried about losing job
Sedgwick was a nice place to work but you are audited on your calls and if your numbers don't meet requirements you are stressed if you could lose your job.

I learned a lot about how to make sure customers are happy when call is completed. It could be daily back to back calls for different issues for credit cardholders and we had to try our best for one call resolutions. I enjoyed the assistance that we were able to give our customers and did my best.

The work environment was good, there was a multi-cultural environment and we learned a lot from each other. We helped each other through the rough spots and put our best foot forward at all times.

The best part of the job was helping others.
Leave of Absence Coordinator-FMLA (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMay 6, 2015
Pros: There's always work
Cons: Pay, Discrimination, no work life balance
Not a very good company. You are overworked and under paid. There is favortism shown through out the company and they discriminate against minorities. There is a terrible work/life balance and they don't care to do anything about it.
ITS OK
Service Center Representative (Current Employee), memphis, tnMay 5, 2015
Pros: easy work
Cons: shifts
i come from working at a call center for 8 years and i started at 10.37 by the time i left i was at 17.38 hr.. SO to me sedgwick needs to step there game up a little. ANNNND shift bids ohh lord they need shift bids after 4:30-7:00 the call center is DEAD barely getting calls i think they should do shift bids every 6 months or not only when they have a class ugggggh
Sedgwick
Senior Claims Examiner (Current Employee), PortlandMay 5, 2015
Pros: Going out with vendors, great people to work with
Cons: Coding Requirements and amount of work for the amount of peolpe working
Sedgwick has been a great place to grow and learn but I am ready to move forward with my professional career. I am limited in my growth options in this particular office. I also feel under appreciated for the amount of work I am doing.

1 2 3 4 5

About Sedgwick Claims Management Services

Unlike Kyra, this Sedgwick probably can't play the "Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon" game, but it can help employers save a little – Read more

Sedgwick Claims Management Services Salaries