Sedgwick Claims Management Services Employee Reviews in United States

Sedgwick
Claims Representative (Current Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLMay 23, 2016
Sedgwick is not a bad place to work. Very report driven and the system is easy to use. The issues are politics and double standards.
Supervisors/Managers have no knowledge of Jurisdictions they are responsible for.
Claims Examiner (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXMay 17, 2016
It is the policy of this company that Managers/Supervisor are not required to have any knowledge of States that they supervise. This causes for a lot of questions and bad information in files. The Supervisor/Manager are not able to train adjusters or even review files due to their limited knowledge.

HR is clueless
Pros
Cons
supervisor/manager will never back up the adjuster
You decide
Customer Care Professional (Current Employee) –  Seven Hills, OHMay 16, 2016
Work and life balance are awful, get plenty of time off but can never take it. There is a lot of over time. Turn over is tremendous.
Benefits are ok
Fast past fun work place where you do your work and have fun at the same time
Liability Claims Associate (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 11, 2016
Claims are assigned in the morning. All contacts must be made same day and files updated. Diaries, email and mail must also be handled the same day they are assigned. I really enjoyed working with my co-workers. The hardest part of the job was balancing the time spent on each task. I really enjoyed that there was never a down moment, loved being busy all the time.
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
not enough people to handle the claims load
Fast-paced, casual work setting.
Senior Disability Representative (Current Employee) –  Coralville, IAMay 9, 2016
Sedgwick is a casual company with great opportunities for advancement. Vast amount of knowledge taught in order to perform duties to the best of your ability. Very bubbly and entertaning environment with great open-door policy. Never a dull moment. Critical thinking required!
Challenging Position with a great team, great place to work
Claims Assistant - Full Time (Former Employee) –  Sandy Springs, GAMay 9, 2016
Working with international clients is very challenging but within our department we had a great team that worked together to achieve our monthly goals. Sedgwick is a great company to work for unfortunately our department was closed as of April.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Deptpartment closed
Good Entry Level Workplace
Claims Examiner II (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 5, 2016
Fast paced work. Learned basics about adjusting general liability. Assisted with obtaining insurance licenses. Overworked for the pay.
Pros
Good people to work with
Cons
No HR department on site.
n/a
Claims Manager (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLMay 3, 2016
Good work life, allow to work from home when needed.
Claim load can differ
No back up
Little communication the team I was in was great we all got along
Pros
FLEXABLE
Cons
LEADERSHIP
Great place to work!
Sr. Administrative Assistant/ Legal Intern (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 2, 2016
I was on contract doing basic legal assisting/ intern work. Environment was great, nice and quiet, people were very nice and friendly. Lots of freedom and relaxed environment!
private cubicals
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Dubuque, IAApril 26, 2016
Management is not who they say who they are and the job started off good and then turned into the job that no one wants to have.
Pros
free water
Cons
short lunches
Well, they're trying, I guess...
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Seven Hills, OHApril 25, 2016
I've held two different positions in this company. The benefits are the biggest draw, though the pay is better than a lot of jobs in the area. It's still barely, barely livable for me. I miss the overtime my old department had; I actually made more then, but had to work weekend and holidays. Now, I have those off, guaranteed, and am occasionally able to freelance in costuming for theatres, which is where my training really is. I'm also really lucky in that I live practically around the corner from my office, to where I can go home on my lunch hour.
Pros
health care, time off, schedule, location
Cons
pay
Thanks Sedgwick :)
SCR, SCR II, Disability Rep and Disability Rep II (Former Employee) –  Dubuque, IAApril 11, 2016
Sedgwick is a fantastic place to work!!! I would gladly work for Sedgwick again because they have the best overall vision hands down!
People don't always live by the golden rule or work according to the core values. That is life. It is up to every individual colleague to be their own success because the opportunity is there.
I had to take a personal journey to become that type of individual again and I can now be a better asset to the next opportunity.
THANKS SEDGWICK!
Pros
Fairness, benefits, recognition
Cons
Humans aren't perfect, petty and negative, makes uncomfortable work environment
good place to work
Specialty Operations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Dublin, OHApril 6, 2016
The company is a good place to work for with great paid time off and also good benefits. Work is very easy in most department for fast learners.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
not alot of overtime
Ok
Service Center Associate (Current Employee) –  Work from homeMarch 31, 2016
The position is a phone position answering incoming calls. The hardest part of the job is the matrix. There was to many managers as everyone is looking to supervise. Many would agree that as there were changes there was not sufficient trainings available unfortunately.
This company is unorganized
Financial Coordinator Sr (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 17, 2016
This company Lead and management team is a joke. There training is a joke. Leads are friends with there co workers not a good look.
This is a terrible place to work.
Customer services Representative (Former Employee) –  Seven Hills, OHMarch 13, 2016
Each month you get auditted on your calls and you never know what calls they will listen to and worry each month if you will be fired. They change the "rules" as it meets their purposes. There is no consistency to what they educate and audit . The benefits are good but they think that a raise of 10 cents an hour once a year is something you should be happy with. They give more and more responsibility but not reward you in any way. Management manages by negativity. There is no positive feedback. I was told that you don't learn.by what you do right. As far as getting promoted and move up in the company, that only happens if you are a "favorite". Don't believe anything they promise,because it will never happen. Stay away from this company. The people you work with are great but are in the same negativity and makes for a difficult working place. Most of them just want out. Hopefully things are different at other locations.
Pros
nice people to work with and good benefits
Cons
management couldn't be much worse
You will be overworked and totally unappreciated
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 10, 2016
Use this company as a last resort. They expect you to do the work of 2 people and will performance manage you out if you don't work yourself to death trying to keep up. They are not interested in hearing your concerns. They give the client what they want no matter how it affects the employees. Management sucks and they will throw you under the bus before accepting responsibility for any problems caused by the overload of work. Management cannot be trusted.
Pros
Employees are great to work with, lots of PTO, it will provide you with a paycheck
Cons
Employees are unappreciated. Management sucks. Too much work to feel successful.
Relaxed Work environment
Service Center Representative (Former Employee) –  New Albany, OHMarch 9, 2016
Very laid back. The team lead i had was great. I liked the recognition meetings every quarter. They gave you something to look forward to. Great PTO. Good people for the most part. I learned a lot about claims management, leave of absences and disability claims.
Pros
good overtime opportunities
Cons
attendance policy
productive and very nice environment to work in
Claims Processing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 29, 2016
i had several responsibilities on a daily basis. Everything was very well organized. All my co-workers were very friendly
Pros
free lunches somtimes
Cons
not a conract employer
The company has grown too fast and hired the wrong people to maintain the business
Absence Management Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 23, 2016
The company on paper is fantastic and there are great benefits to working at Sedgwick, however the promotional opportunities are few and far between. Nepotism is rampant and as a result people with no experience in management or the line of business were given the flagship program and the results have been a disaster. The office morale has been declining every year and the colleague satisfaction surveys have also been declining every year I have worked for the company. This is due to no incentives for top performers and a merit/salary increase system that is based purely on audit scores. It is also due to all lines of business are understaffed and the colleagues are over worked. Colleagues are micro-managed and Paid Time Off is restricted due to "business needs". Which is a shame because they do offer great vacation time starting out, you just can't use it in the year and none of it rolls over to the next. As a result of the rapid growth, the training new colleagues are given is non existent and new hires are set up for failure with no training, in a sink or swim environment. They also changed the way HR (or Colleague Resources at Sedgwick) is handled. My current office does not have an HR representative on site, which gives the colleagues no where to go for questions or voicing concerns with management.
Pros
Medical Benefits, life insurance, Paid Time Off, wide range of Lines of Business
Cons
Can't use all the PTO, no training, nepotism, micro-managing, zero incentives for top performers, no promotional opportunities, declining office morale, no Human Resource support, understaffed in every line of business due to rapid growth.