Sedgwick Claims Management Services Employee Reviews

Not enough pay
Leave of Absence Representative I, FMLA (Current Employee) –  West Hills, CASeptember 22, 2016
Not enough pay. Benefits are excellent. There is no place to advance in the requires field needed. Education level does not matter at this organization.
Company sucks
Union ironqorker (Former Employee) –  WhereverrSeptember 22, 2016
I was hurt one job 2015 July 8th need neck surgery n miserable . I see they are getting sued by states cause they screw the worker. I am about to loose my house truck everything I worked for and these ducks are gonna let me loose it. I pray to God the owner n all employees would get severely hurt like I and other people to see how it is to loose everything cause they feel it was pre existing my ask. Piece of ship comp I wouldnt work for them at all. Hey do a real job besides pushing a pencil and see how it'll change your mind
Gossipy Envirioment
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Dubuque, IASeptember 20, 2016
Gossipy environment with a lot of bullying and stepping on others to get somewhere. Management turns head the other way.
Company Culture puts the Injured Worker First
Case Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  SeaTac, WASeptember 13, 2016
SedgwickCMS puts the Injured Worker first in my view. They are committed to providing the best service in the country and internationally. The contract that I work on is for a large corporation involved in both private, commercial and Military airplanes. The Injured Worker gets the best service from both companies to allow him/her to recover and return to their job of injury.

A typical day is very busy and hectic here. The hardest part of my job is the volume of work we have to do-I have learned time management from this.
Pros
Co- Workers, company culture
Cons
Helathcare
Claims Assistant (Current Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CASeptember 3, 2016
Great places to work at, co-workers are great, it like a big family. great location, The management is great, could say nothing mad about the company.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Review
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 3, 2016
This was the worst companies I have ever worked for. Everything is a security violation and the call monitoring evaluations are strict. Stay away.
Work-From-Home
SERVICE CENTER REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Work at HomeAugust 31, 2016
I enjoyed what I did and that's talking with people. However, the scheduling was strict. You had to work a set schedule and there was no flexibility unless you could find a co-worker to switch shifts/days. The most enjoyable part of this job was the different people you got to talk to and get to know for a short amount of time. The hard part was being on a strict call time frame and if you didn't do it within given time they gave negative QA
Pros
Work from home
Cons
No flexiblity
Good Balance , work life 5 weeks of PTO
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Coralville, IAAugust 24, 2016
Good work atmosphere , Good reward plans in a fast pace environment. Great advancement opportunities in a short amount of time.
Pros
Good work atmosphere
Cons
Like to see more proaction vs reaction
Great collegues
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Coralville, IAAugust 24, 2016
The colleagues are great, they are willing to assist with your development. The supervisors are willing to help you develop leadership.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
company reacts instead of being proactive specially when they know changes are coming.
Blah!
Service Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 23, 2016
The company isn't bad I've worked for worst companies before. I do feel they handle more clients than they can handle at times. SCR are penalized for much more than we should. The computer systems are typically always freezing or shutting down causing our numbers to rise and we are penalized at the end of the day for the IT errors but some how they blame it on the SCR's. The job should be easy and stress free but can be difficult at time. I don't have anything positive to say about management except for one which he actually does his job. The pay is ok if you don't have a lot of bills or stay at home with parents, it's manageable. The good thing is there are so many departments within this company and after 6 months your eligible to apply for different positions and also have the option to work from home.
Pros
PTO, Monday-Friday Shift
Cons
Healthcare benefits, management
Good company
QA Manager (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 20, 2016
Nice place to work and People are good.
Hardest part is Performance testing for Pega and clearing exceptions for Critical business scenarios.
Stressful
Claims Examiner III (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILAugust 12, 2016
All claims jobs are basically the same. Full of stress and demanding. At Sedgwick, it's the same but, at times, even worse. They promise too many services to clients that they are not staffed for. They expect their employees to be 100% when the have caseloads up to or above 200. Which is impossible to manage on a normal desk. When you are expected to have all your diaries completed every Friday. You are not supposed to leave without being at 0.

We are provided with a lot of paid time off; however, it's incredibly hard to take time off due to the amount of work that is given.

Seniority is no longer appreciated in the corporate world. They do not care if you have been with the company for 20 years, they will walk you out in a heartbeat. There is always someone cheaper to fill your place.

Upper management seems incredibly nice in person. But, they are ruthless and do not support the people who basically run the company and do the promised work.

Your work is not recognized unless you are a favorite of staff management. If you are a favorite, you are likely to be tapped for a management role yourself.

Co-workers are nice but there is a lot of turnover and it's hard to get to know anyone. This office used to be a tight knit community. Now it's filled with strangers that are replaced every couple of weeks or months.
Pros
Benefits, generous PTO
Cons
Stressful, Demanding, Expectations too high, Management does not care for their employees
I enjoyed working with this company.
Financial Support Services (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 9, 2016
This law firm was a great company to work for. I enjoyed my time with this company however it was a contract position. I enjoyed the team I was assigned to work with.
Productive place of business
Service Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 9, 2016
A company that promotes growth and skills. The manager at the call center is very hands on and has an open door policy. Assistance programs are available to all employees.
Productive customer driven
Occupational Safety & Health Specialist (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 6, 2016
Very nice company to work for customer service oriented. everyone works very hard to keep customers satisfied. Management is very understanding and will go out of the way to insure a good morale environment.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
Great place to work if you are just starting out
Mailroom Clerk, Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OhioJuly 19, 2016
I worked for this company for almost 10 years. I stayed because it was a great place to work and potential for movement up the corporate later. Once I reached my full potential without a college degree it was time for me to seek out other opportunities.
Poor
Claims Associate (Current Employee) –  Independence, OHJuly 18, 2016
Started off very positive. Moved up relatively quickly but was soon halted. Took over large client and slowly saw many faults within company.
supportive and encouraging workplace
Senior Disability Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hilliard, OHJuly 14, 2016
good benefits
friendly environment
career path mapping
good work/life balance
difficult to move into management
resources sometimes feel stretched
Great Work environment
Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 13, 2016
Great work environment , great people to work with. Loads of work that not compensated by the pay grade.
It was a good place to work
Senior Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 13, 2016
The management in the Houston office was not as good as in Boise but they did their best to help us deal with a very difficult customer. You had to work a lot of hours to keep up with all of the customer demands in this office.

2.9