Sedgwick Claims Management Services Employee Reviews

Awesome
Service Center Representative (Current Employee) –  OhioAugust 19, 2017
Nice , I love it. No complaints. As long as you have patience and willingness to learn. You will be fine. A challenging position, they're willing to work
overloaded on work
Appeal Specialist (Current Employee) –  Coralville, IAAugust 18, 2017
overloaded on work; not paid enough; not required to follow rules across the board; unfair treatment; work employees extra hard the better the worker they are;
Medical Bill Processor (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAAugust 17, 2017
Great place to work. They expect a lot and give a lot. Their benefit package is wonderful. PTO is generous and promotions from within are plentiful for the taking. People are friendly and the pot lucks rock!
Pros
Quiet, professional.
Cons
production based.
Poor Management
Agile IT Advisor (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 17, 2017
Although executive level embraces Agile and it's benefits. The Disabilities Director does not support Agile Practices and maintains a staff of Project Managers that is disruptive to the Agile Process.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Hiring friends in high level positions who are not qualified
Stressful work for little pay
LOA Representative (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNAugust 16, 2017
Company likes to promote from within. Pto was not too bad and flexible with hours. No accountability. If you had a day where you finished your work, you were always given more. This happened daily. Micromanaged and all about numbers which made it very stressful. Team dynamic and morale was definitely an issue with poor management.
Overall good job
Client Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Seven Hills, OHAugust 15, 2017
Did not have any problems or complaints. Just looking to expand and make a little more money. The managers are nice and very informative. Really over all good work environment.
Contract Assignment
Senior Workers' Compensation Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXAugust 15, 2017
SENIOR CASE MANAGER
· Investigation and reserving of medical and indemnity workers’ compensation claims.
· Management of litigated files, DDE, RME, and PEER REVIEW filings, and initiated surveillance when needed.
· Developed and manage well documented action plan with the case manager, attorney, supervisor, and client to reduce overall cost of claim.
· Established reserves and authorized payments within reserve authority limits. Negotiate settlements.
Pros
relaxed
Cons
competative no team work
Sedgwick does not value the employee
Claim Examiner III (Former Employee) –  Hoffman Estates, ILAugust 15, 2017
Sedgwick does not see the staff as an asset to their bottom line.
Management is difficult to work with.
The office that I worked in was associated with the client and not an easy commute.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Commute
Fun job.
Assistant (Former Employee) –  New JerseyAugust 15, 2017
Great environment with relaxed management. Nobody breathes down your neck. Work is tedious but easy and really worth the pay comparable to most other jobs.
Great for work/life balance, nice perks
Claims Representative | Workers Compensation (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILAugust 14, 2017
At times my job at Sedgwick could be a bit overwhelming, but overall it was not a bad job. Great company to work for if you're looking for a place that allows an adequate amount of paid time off.
productive
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 13, 2017
Sedgwick, provided me with good training when i first got hired, management was good, good supervision, great team player, over all a good company to work for.
Pros
holiday dinners
Cons
healthcare
Overall
Claims Examiner 1 (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 13, 2017
Very enjoyable place to work. Management was nice and my coworkers were good to work with. The environment was very good and nice. Company did nice things for their employees
Heavy workload
Workers Compensation Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAAugust 13, 2017
heavy workload with unreal ideals and deadlines from management, understaffed, management is not knowledgeable about contract they are working, training is non existence
Pros
Pay, advancement opportunities
Cons
heavy workload, high turn over rate of employees
Great Company
Disability Claims Examiner, Sr (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 12, 2017
It is a great company to work for; very fast paced environment but with the right management staff the job responsibilities are great. I truly enjoy working there especially with my co workers who showed high level of team work.
Benefits
Would only recommend as a last resort.
Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 12, 2017
I believe that your experience here will largely depend on what client or account you work on. I was an adjuster on a dedicated retail store account and personally, my experience was pretty terrible.

Both my team leader and her supervisor were new to their roles, so the competence levels were less than ideal for a while.

I was offered almost no training. The work load was impossible: I was assigned 125 of a previous adjuster's claims by my 3rd day. The following Monday after I started, I got between 5 and 8 new claims per day (BI and attorney -repped files). Working at home after hours and on weekends was necessary just to keep my head above water.

You were never recognized for doing good work. If you went above and beyond and/ or exceeded goals for the month, it was regarded as you simply doing your job. The environment just wasn't fun: the director (my team lead's supervisor) was strict to the point of pettiness. Add onto that the fact that the pay wasn't that great for the amount of work required and you have all of the reasons why I wouldn't recommend this company as an employer of choice.
Pros
Generous PTO if you could ever find time to use it...
Cons
No work/ life balance; low pay; very stressful
Descent Pay, Poor motivational Environment
customer service (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 10, 2017
Its a job but not proper motivation/direction for advancement. Your file is documented for every little thing which hinders future interviews for advancement. No room for error,favoritism, racial profiling. For the insurance business, no understanding towards employee health & situations that arise. Their 401 K is awful ,its invested in their own stocks which doesn't grow.
Cons
no schedule flexibility, no sick days, strict with QA for calls, not enough info to job, system issues often
An absolute blast working with the staff at Segwick
Oracle DBA (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 10, 2017
I enjoyed the environment, the staff and my time at Segwick. The work was challenging and helped me grow as i had to constantly learn new stuff and make sure i was on top of all the changes in the IT field.
Had a great suppervisor that made it fun to work there.
Litigation Consultant (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILAugust 9, 2017
I enjoyed Sedgwick, I left because I was recruited by another company and Sedgwick could not match the compensation which I understood, left there on good terms.
Pros
Great Management, supervisors
Cons
Work was over welming at times, understaffed
A very highly competitive place to work.
Claims Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 8, 2017
Typical work day comprises of seting up claims and responding to emails. Making copies or faxing documents to attorneys. I've learned the intricacies of setting up claims accurately and the work environment is very accommodating.
Pros
Free lunch or breakfast about a few times a year.
Cons
Lunch and breaks
Stressful, low paying and they do not xare about their staff
Claim Examiner Liability (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 8, 2017
This is a horrible place to work.They are dysfunctional and unorganized. They work till you burn out and then ride you till you quit. There is no diversity in management. They are not competitive with the industry standards for pay and the benefits are very expensive. Just an awful place to work.
Pros
Cons
Work load, training, pay, cost of benefits, no diversity in upper management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sedgwick Claims Management Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9