Sedgwick Claims Management Services

Sedgwick Claims Management Services Employee Reviews

Typical claims adjuster position
CLAIMS EXAMINER III (Former Employee), Culver City, CAMay 4, 2015
Decent company to work for. Busy daily activities handling claim load. Learned the CA work comp legal system. Management and team members worked well together.
Great Place to work
LT Worker Compensation Examiner III (Current Employee), Knoxville TNMay 3, 2015
Pros: free lunch N learns monthly
Cons: long hours
A typical day at work consists of calling injured workers and discuss their claims as well as speaking with the human resources managers about the accident that occurred on the job and how it occurred.
Warm environment, great benefits
Customer Service Professional (Tier III) (Current Employee), Seven Hills, OHApril 30, 2015
Pros: Great benefits
Cons: Pay doesn't compare to the responsibilites
This company overall is a good company to work for. My day is typically of the call center nature. I take inbound calls and answer questions. The most difficult part of the day is dealing with customers who are irate. The most enjoyable part of my job is that the management staff is always eager to help and provide tips for one to be more successful.
Great entry point in the claims/insurance business
Claims Associate (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 27, 2015
Pros: Great staff and support
This company is a great starting point! Management and supervisors are super understanding and helpful. Benefits are pretty good considering this is a private company.
Stressful
Service Center Associate (Current Employee), Memphis, TNApril 15, 2015
Pros: Your insurance starts the day you are hired, and after 60 days you get vacation time
Cons: You have to use your vacation time if you call out or leave early.
The company is ok. They could pay more for the amout of work that we do. The hours are horrible, you do not have time to do anything for yourself. It seems as if it is very hard to advance to the next level with this company. They use United Health care for benefits and they suck. The calls that we receive are very, very, stressful
A great place to work
Claim Examiner (Former Employee), Dublin, OHApril 14, 2015
Pros: Benefits from day 1, flexible scheduling, advancement opportunities
Cons: Workload can approach impossible at times
Great people, great atmosphere, great physical surroundings. Some really strong management at the Dublin office, and some really poor management at the Hilliard office. There are other locations that I know nothing about.
The only benefits of this company is the PTO offerred
Claims Representative-Workers' Compensation (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTApril 8, 2015
Pros: PTO
Cons: Everything else
The management is uncaring and ridiculous. They only care about their monthly bonuses rather than the quality of work that gets done.
Claims Examiner III (Former Employee), riverside caMarch 30, 2015
none- I have nothing nice to say about this company.
over 25 years in claims. This company is not one you want to work for if you are older and looking to retire. They push their older employees out to make room for younger and to pay less.
It's a job. Team moral is low. Favorites move forward. Managers arent trustworthy or truthful
Auto Liability Adjuster (Former Employee), Sun Prairie, WIMarch 27, 2015
Pros: benefits, pay
Cons: management, training
It's a job. Team moral is low. Favorites move forward quickly. Managers arent trustworthy or truthful. Pay is ok for the insurance industry. Hard to meet goals and expectations so moat have low performance scores.
Training is minimal....they are learning themselves how to train.
I really enjoyed working here
Claims Management Service Center Associate (Former Employee), Southfield, MIMarch 21, 2015
If you like fast paced work with friendly co workers this is the perfect place for you. I had a good experience here, That is all thank you
Compensation and Benefits the best
Claims Examiner (Current Employee), Plano, TXMarch 19, 2015
Pros: compensation and benefits the best
Cons: no work life balance
There is a serious disconnect with management and the staff. The lack of training done by management leads to frustration among the staff. Frequent changes without training is a problem
There is no job security. They just laid off several people and are now hiring..seems to be a trend. I would apply/work at your own risk
Varies (Former Employee), Sun PrairieMarch 17, 2015
Pros: weight room, great benefits
Cons: lack of management, lack of employee consideration, overworked and understaffed, extremely high stress levels
There is no real management in the Sun Prairie location. Highly advisable to seek employment with a more reliable company as there was just a very large layoff of positions (including this one) and they are now hiring for it...again?
Great company overall
Leave of Absence (Current Employee), Irving, TXMarch 16, 2015
Pros: possiblities for career advancement
Cons: compartmentally there is just too much work and not enough time to complete it all.
Great company overall but it is hard to find a healthy job work/life balance.

HR needs to be for all of the colleagues not just the colleagues in leadership or management positions.
Micromanager Heaven for the Claim Examiner position
Claims Examiner (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 10, 2015
Pros: 5pm
Cons: the job
Monitor how long you are at your desk.
Claim volume is unreal.
No OT pay so they pile the work on, and on, and on the work and expect perfection in every thing you do.
No work/life balance. Must work on the wknd to stay caught up.
Not a warm place to work at all.
The most enjoyable part of the job is...I can't think of anything.
Decent work enviroment.
Workers Compensation Examiner (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAMarch 2, 2015
Pros: cdo
Cons: unrealistic work demands
Many demands that are not attaintable. Tools to assist the work flow are not consistently provided . Inadequate training and support.
Very productive and fast paced
Leave of Absence Coordinator (Current Employee), New Albany, OHFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: great benefits, offers some overtime
Cons: breaks
I work with a team of colleagues, and together we assist the employees whom are in need of leave of absence due to illness, to care for an immediate family member, active leave of duty, or bereavement.
Disability Specialist (Former Employee), Calabasas, CAFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: poor manangement
Great benefits and awesome working hours. Management needs improvement but overall I enjoyed working for Sedgwick. Raises were horrible.
N/A
Benefits Representative (Current Employee), Memphis, TNFebruary 3, 2015
Great company. Average work day includes reviewing calls. Educating clients on FMLA, Worker Compensatation, and Disability benefits. My co-workers and mangers are great.
Pharmacy RN-Poor training---did not feel like Nursing!
Pharmacy RN (Former Employee), Richmond, Va.February 1, 2015
Pros: pretty building! good pay and benefits. thats about it.
Cons: too numerous to mention. read review.
This job was not at all what I thought it would be after my interview. Told would be helping patients decrease their pain meds and avoid addiction. Wow--sounded great huh? When you begin work you are hardly trained AT ALL on the complicated computer systems--plural! Trainers fly in to teach but even they are confused regarding the system and disagree with each other during training! No physician is going to change their orders because some telephonic nurse tells them to. Also required to contact claims examiners who talk to the nurses like dirt--no respect at all--very rude--when nurses complain to administration about the rude CEs they are given NO support and told to accept the rude behavior--who becomes a nurse for that??!! Not rewarding--just evaluated on how many cases you can do for billing! But not even instructed during training on how to do it! Totally $$ focused. Also--about 2 weeks after so-called training--you find you quickly have 50--then 150 cases assigned to you!! One of the trainers stayed in the office most of the time and told us to come ask her any questions because she had to still work on her 250 cases while she was expected to train us in Virginia!! Ridiculous. Several quickly quit that job and others are looking to find other jobs! All true--hope I can help someone else not have to go through the same thing--or at least be prepared for the real job. Also--cubicles are NOT sound buffering at all--I mean it is very hard to concentrate when staff are so loud on the phones all around you. Very distracting. We were told could use headphones to help decrease office noise.
Great company
National bill reviewer (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHJanuary 30, 2015
Best place to work! Left the company due to my spouse moving to a new company in a new state. Great company with room for growth

About Sedgwick Claims Management Services

Unlike Kyra, this Sedgwick probably can't play the "Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon" game, but it can help employers save a little – Read more

Sedgwick Claims Management Services Salaries