Sedgwick Claims Management Services

Sedgwick Claims Management Services Employee Reviews

Very productive and fast paced
Leave of Absence Coordinator (Current Employee), New Albany, OHFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: great benefits, offers some overtime
Cons: breaks
I work with a team of colleagues, and together we assist the employees whom are in need of leave of absence due to illness, to care for an immediate family member, active leave of duty, or bereavement.
Disability Specialist (Former Employee), Calabasas, CAFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: poor manangement
Great benefits and awesome working hours. Management needs improvement but overall I enjoyed working for Sedgwick. Raises were horrible.
N/A
Benefits Representative (Current Employee), Memphis, TNFebruary 3, 2015
Great company. Average work day includes reviewing calls. Educating clients on FMLA, Worker Compensatation, and Disability benefits. My co-workers and mangers are great.
Pharmacy RN-Poor training---did not feel like Nursing!
Pharmacy RN (Former Employee), Richmond, Va.February 1, 2015
Pros: pretty building! good pay and benefits. thats about it.
Cons: too numerous to mention. read review.
This job was not at all what I thought it would be after my interview. Told would be helping patients decrease their pain meds and avoid addiction. Wow--sounded great huh? When you begin work you are hardly trained AT ALL on the complicated computer systems--plural! Trainers fly in to teach but even they are confused regarding the system and disagree with each other during training! No physician is going to change their orders because some telephonic nurse tells them to. Also required to contact claims examiners who talk to the nurses like dirt--no respect at all--very rude--when nurses complain to administration about the rude CEs they are given NO support and told to accept the rude behavior--who becomes a nurse for that??!! Not rewarding--just evaluated on how many cases you can do for billing! But not even instructed during training on how to do it! Totally $$ focused. Also--about 2 weeks after so-called training--you find you quickly have 50--then 150 cases assigned to you!! One of the trainers stayed in the office most of the time and told us to come ask her any questions because she had to still work on her 250 cases while she was expected to train us in Virginia!! Ridiculous. Several quickly quit that job and others are looking to find other jobs! All true--hope I can help someone else not have to go through the same thing--or at least be prepared for the real job. Also--cubicles are NOT sound buffering at all--I mean it is very hard to concentrate when staff are so loud on the phones all around you. Very distracting. We were told could use headphones to help decrease office noise.
Great company
National bill reviewer (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHJanuary 30, 2015
Best place to work! Left the company due to my spouse moving to a new company in a new state. Great company with room for growth
Great benefits and paid time off
Absence Management Disability Team Leader (Former Employee), Coralville, IAJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: senior management, high turnover
Sedgwick is a good company to work for. However, Senior Management should be replaced.
Very high tech company
Financial Service Manager (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJanuary 22, 2015
Great colleagues to work with. Virtual office set up s that if needed you could work from home
Worked for some great managers
Claims Examiner III (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: ability to learn and work on different accounts
Cons: see summary review
I worked for some great managers and people from corporate to upper management, however I noticed often some unfair practices that I've experienced first hand and/or saw other co-workers go through. At one point there was an extremely high turnover rate, either someone quit or was let go.
Very upstanding company
Senior Disability Representative (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: benefits and colleagues
Cons: calmly handling upset employees
Sedgwick CMS offers a wonderful atmosphere to work and a competitive benefits package. The workload is intense, yet rewarding. I have learned the true value of teamwork, handwork, and motivation. The managers and colleagues are very supportive and are a joy to be around. The most difficult part of the job is dealing with the client's irate employees at times when benefits are denied and payments are not issued. The most enjoyable aspect of the job is being able to do the job efficiently each day, knowing the client has been assisted as well as the employee, which is not an easy feat.
Poor management, under-paid, unrealistic workload, great benefits and PTO
Return-to-Work Coordinator (Current Employee), Coralville, IowaDecember 31, 2014
Pros: easy work, office job, benefits and pto/vacation time
Cons: short breaks & lunch, poor management
Unrealistic work load
Poorly managed
High turnover
Constant changes to the process
Non-competitive salary/compensation

Great benefits and PTO/vacation time
Work individually and with group/team
Great start to any career, not a place to settle
Benefits Examiner (Current Employee), Calabasas, CADecember 21, 2014
Pros: great pto, great people, great atmosphere
Cons: low pay, too much work, understaff
There is always something to do, sometimes it is overwhelming. The people you work with in most cases are great, but at times you wonder how certain people were hired. Hard work and self building is not a universal outlook at this company. You receive a lot of PTO time but if you think your work is handled while you are gone- don't. The best part of the job are the people you work with and the types of situations you encounter.
Good
Workers Compensation Claims Associate I (Current Employee), Atlanta, GADecember 17, 2014
Pros: good
Cons: good
very busy. friendly office;Compensation/Benefits
Fun and Relaxing Work
Customer Service/ Family Medical Leave Specialist (Former Employee), Atlanta, GADecember 15, 2014
Fun and Relaxing Work; nice and easy going company to be apart of.
Great place to get started
Claims Examiner II - Workers' Compensation (Former Employee), South Portland, MEDecember 8, 2014
Pros: management did not micromanage
Cons: overwhelming work load
This is a company to get your feet wet. Be prepared to jump in head first and figure things out as you go along.
fair company to work for.
Claims Examiner III (Former Employee), Southfield, Mi.November 22, 2014
Handled Ohio Worked on all litigated cases with our attorney. Co-workers young and ready to learn. Hardest thing about the job, nothing. The most enjoyable was the travel.
Basic job
Short Term Disability Case Manager (Former Employee), Eden Prairie, MNNovember 21, 2014
Average Customer Service Job. Not a lot of challenge or reward but not a lot of stress either. I personally had a nice boss. The only stress was that no one was really happy to hear how much their insurance benefits would go up year after year. Other than that it wasn't a bad job I just was looking for more of a challenge at the time.
Carrier Relations
Sr. Financial Coordinator (Current Employee), Memphis, TNNovember 12, 2014
Sedgwick is the largest TPA in the world! They have great benefits.
Ok company
Claims Examiner I, Kmart Customer Incident Center (Former Employee), Troy, MINovember 6, 2014
Pros: teammates were cool
Cons: too much work
I was a claims adjuster for this company. The work load could be a bit much at times.
Great Company to Work For!!
Leave of Absence Coordinator (Current Employee), Hilliard, OHNovember 2, 2014
Pros: time off is phenomenal.
Cons: i have no cons
Overall, I love Sedgwick CMS as a Company. The benefits are excellent, along with compensation, work life balance, and room for advancement. The Leadership is very helpful and concerned in your future success. There is always an opportunity for advancement. I have been the for 1 year and a half, and within that time frame, I have had two promotions. It is not dreadful to go into work, and I appreciate that.
n/a
Disability Representative Sr (Current Employee), Southfield, MIOctober 29, 2014
A typical day includes managing claims. Talking to the customers and the clients and making decisions

About Sedgwick Claims Management Services

Unlike Kyra, this Sedgwick probably can't play the "Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon" game, but it can help employers save a little – Read more

Sedgwick Claims Management Services Salaries