Sedgwick Claims Management Services Employee Reviews in United States

Oversight of 5 Claims Examiners to assure compliance with State Regulatory requirments, client handling insturctions, and Best Practices.
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAFebruary 17, 2016
This is a company for younger employee's just out of or going to school. The larger question will be, do the Sedgwick client's believe they are getting their monies worth.
good place to work if you don't mind never advancing
Medical Bill Processor (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHFebruary 13, 2016
Overall, the people at the company are good, very decent folks.

But, the hiring practices are absolutely abysmal, and opportunities for advancement are nonexistent. I applied to 50 jobs in the six years I worked there, and saw every kind of cronyism and nepotism possible. I came in with 20 years of experience in handling a particular type of claim, for example, only to lose out on the job to someone with no experience, but 20 years younger, and a buddy of the hiring manager.

They also have a bad habit of never responding to let you know if you got the job or not. Out of the 50 applications, at least 20 just vanished with no response from anyone (even after an interview!). Discussions about this with upper management were pointless: there was nothing they wanted to do about it.

Simply put, if they are going to treat INTERNAL candidates like trash, don't get your hopes up about applying to this company.
Pros
Decent people who work very hard, benefits pretty good
Cons
Bush-league hiring practices, glass ceiling for older employees
The workers worked hard
Workers' Compensation Claim Examiner (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 4, 2016
Morale had begun to drop. Case loads had started to rise. Communication was not the best. Company benefits good. Generous at holiday time.
Stable work
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXFebruary 2, 2016
Nothing to jump up and down about. You do your job and get paid. Stable work environment. Benefits are average. No real perks.
Pros
Secure company
Cons
Benefits are average
good company, bad department
Senior Disability Specialist (Current Employee) –  New Albany, OHFebruary 1, 2016
Rumor has it we have almost 1.5x the amount of work of other clients due to the fact that we have the largest one. Good company, not the best department.
benefits
Cons
overworked and underpaid compared to other clients under the same company
So so
Leave/Disability Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Hilliard, OHFebruary 1, 2016
It was a good job at times but management changed over the years and went downhill. I would not go back to work for Sedgwick.
Lack of communication
Accounts Payable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 31, 2016
The lack of communication and follow through from management creates a stressful environment from something that could be easily avoided. There are good people who work here but they are over shadowed by the manager favorites. Management has constant ideas and meetings about issues that will be done or are going to be implemented but are never heard of again. Under different management there would be more success in the finance department.
Pros
Good people, good benefits, fun office
Cons
Management, lack of any training or communication.
Great Place to Work with Great Benefits
Leave of Absence Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Dubuque, IAJanuary 25, 2016
A typical day at work is reviewing FMLA paperwork filled out by Physicians to see if the employee is approved or denied for FMLA under FMLA Guidelines. I've learned so much about FMLA and the Federal Regulations. Management is very nice and they are very helpful with anything, along with my co-workers. I have met many great people and have developed very close relationships with some co-workers. The hardest part of the job is denying people for FMLA when the Physician fills out the paperwork incorrectly. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to help people. Some people just need to have someone listen to them and understand what is going on with their lives and why they need FMLA. It is also enjoyable to approve people for FMLA.
Pros
Around 20 days of PTO (includes sick time), holidays off, no late shifts
Cons
Health Benefits are very expensive
A fun and productive work environment
Claims Examiner II (Former Employee) –  Hoffman Estates, ILJanuary 14, 2016
On a typical day I handle commercial general liability claims for Sears and Kmart. I learned a lot about liability, personal injury and product liability laws. As well as the multitude of things that could happen in a Sears or Kmart store. My co workers were a team of very intelligent claims examiners, paralegals and attorneys that I had a blast working with. The hardest part of my job was determining a fair settlement amount because there is no set amount for a broken arm or leg, and the most enjoyable part was the excitement of not knowing which case I would get next.
Pros
Full Benefits, Perks, Licensing etc.
Cons
Relocation
Relaxed Work Environment
claims representative (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 12, 2016
Decent place to work. Like anywhere else pay could be better. Lots of time off and no micromanagement. Advancement opportunities are limited.
I was very happy with the company and my account
Sr. WC Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Orange, CADecember 20, 2015
I cannot get the stars to stay lit. I would give a 5 to all these companies. This was a great field to be in in the 80's-end of the 90's. I suppose this is common all over the board. I left Sedgwick to move from California to Florida. There was no Sedgwick office here at the time. My close friend workers there and says she cries at her desk daily. I worked Home Depot in L..A. Our unit went camping, wine tasting and white water rafting together as a group (15 of us) We got along and made a great team.
Pros
job security great supervisors
Cons
No office in Tampa
Overall great company
WC Claims Examiner (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 10, 2015
Hardest part of job is learning new required skills when placed in a new position within a short period of time. Unrealistic expectations in certain departments. Some managers only look out for employees they are friends with.
Pros
company provided lunches, great vacation/sick hours
Cons
training
Work Experience
Intake Associate (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIDecember 8, 2015
My experience was very unprofessional. I've encountered a lot of unprofessionalism amongst the company. There's team work and they really don't want school or anything interfering with work. It seems like favoritism is going on, but overall it's an okay place to work.
Strong Place to Start
Service Center Intern (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIDecember 8, 2015
The position I held at Sedgwick was a learning experience for me. As a first job in a corporate setting, it was nice to experience the increase in company size and activity. However, I personally did not see myself working there long term because I simply saw myself striving to achieve larger endeavors for the future.
Not enough employees on each team
claims representative (Current Employee) –  Frisco, TXDecember 4, 2015
This company works you to death. They assign too many claims for each person and expect more out of you than you can possibly give.
Pros
Free lunches sometimes, very casual dress code, lots of PTO
Cons
Too many claims, Operation manager shows favoritism, Don't tell her you are leaving or she'll cut communication with you entirely.
Sedgwick
Leave of absence Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 3, 2015
From my experience working there, it is a laid back call center. They follow their policies and procedures. It is enjoyable due to the small office. No drama in the work place.
Great work, poor management
Disability Claims Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dubuque, IADecember 3, 2015
If you are ok with gossiping to your supervisor and sucking up to the higher ups just so you can keep your job this place is the right fit for you. The job itself is wonderful. Management isn't. Training is minimal and you can be fired for the smallest mistake so it's a go forward at your own risk job. It is a team environment however throwing your team mates under the bus is encouraged.
Pros
Catered lunches, great benefits
Cons
Poor supervisors, high school drama, little chance of being promoted unless you can get in good with management on a personal level
Company needs to do some massive hiring or pay employee's more money for all the hard work.
Sr. Disability Claims Representative (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 1, 2015
Great Benefits. The company has potential to do wonderful things. If management stop getting involved in cliques. Employees learn to use their indoor voice in the work place. For employees who abuse the benefits and the system let them go and hire people who want to work. Unemployment is at a all time high why pay people who don't want to work.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Pay is terrible. To many cliques
Productive and Fast Pace
Workers Compensation Examiner I (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CANovember 22, 2015
Most of the time I get to work early so I can get emails and phone call done and get ready for new loses. I have learned how to embrace changes and accept new accounts. My co workers have as much work load but we always find time to squeeze that one little help in if we need to. The hardest part of the job is to get the new loses done within the 24hrs and keep track of it. The most enjoyable part when my co workers are always ready to help and are very encouraging and supportive.
Pros
Whenever the vendors come in with productive information and goodies
Cons
A better way to get on line the job training
good benefits, spotty first ine supervision
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  New Albany, OHNovember 12, 2015
good work environment, good benefits, spotty first line supervision. Perceived favoritism among young male team leads and female underlings, age bias
Pros
benefits, work environment
Cons
Poor first line supervision