Sedgwick Claims Management Services

Sedgwick Claims Management Services Employer Reviews

NO company Culture
General Liability Examiner (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLMay 14, 2014
This company could use some lessons in company culture. people are more than just seat fillers to push paper.
Fast paced work environment with individual and team efforts.
Claims Associate (Current Employee), Portland, ORMay 5, 2014
Pros: benefits, consistent hours.
Cons: claims load
On a typical day, I set up new claims and make contacts. I review incoming mail and respond on a timely basis. I then attend to daily working of existing claims.

The most enjoyable part of my job is the working in a team atmosphere.

I've learned how to manage my time effectively and handle working with all different types of personalities.

The hardest – more... part of the job is the consistent workload. – less
Normal
Claims Assistant (Former Employee), Calabasas, CAMay 5, 2014
Responsibilities include, but not limited to, Claimant and Medical Office Contact for distribution of medical benefits, allocation of information and disbursement for claim processing. I started out in the mailroom, where I learned the entire mailing process, shipping process ie, fedex, DHL, and UPS. Counted and processed all checks going out for all – more... vendors aswell as completed all inventory for the entire mailroom. – less
Busy
Claims Examiner (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLApril 23, 2014
Very busy company but a good company to work for with good benefits.
Exciting & Fulfilling Job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Southfield, MIApril 9, 2014
Pros: compensation was excellent, oppotunities to grow & expand in the company, multi tasking was enhanced due to the fast pace environment, knowledge to handle customers with assertiveness & empathy.
Cons: i'm just starting my career, with that being said i see no cons at my workplace only oppotunities to learn something new, be it good or bad.
During my time at Sedwick, I enjoyed each and every day. There was always new and exciting opportunities. I enjoyed my time spent with my supervisor as well as my co-workers. My skills were enhanced from this position, and more knowledge of customer service was obtained.
Professional place to work
Claims Examiner II (Current Employee), Irving, TexasApril 1, 2014
Pros: family oriented
Cons: very busy
Description Manage within company standards and best practices complex and problematic high visability workers' compensation claims within delegated limited authority to determine benefits due; work closely with case managers and attorneys; manage subrogation and negotiate settlements to ensure specific customer requirements to achieve the best possible – more... outcome in the claim. – less
excellant co-workers
Disability Representative (Current Employee), Plano, TXMarch 27, 2014
long work days, excellant supervisors that are dedicated to having a good team and beleive in teamwork
Leave Of Absence Coordinator
Licensed Insurance Counselor/Sales Agent (Current Employee), Coralville, IAMarch 26, 2014
Pros: vacation time and flexibility
Cons: location
Directly responsible for determining associates eligibility and entitlements with regard to FMLA/LOA Claims. Responsibilities include informing clients and associates via correspondence, telephone calls, fax and emails.
Previous Intake Specialist
Intake Specialist (Former Employee), Memphis, TNMarch 20, 2014
This is a true work at home position. The job offers great pay and great benefits. The company is a fast paced culture driven by proper customer service. I would recommend anyone looking to work at home to work for this company.
A Place With Great Potential That Is Wasted
Customer Care Professional-American Express (Current Employee), Seven Hills, OHMarch 11, 2014
Pros: pay is descent for a young person starting their career.
Cons: far too much micro-managing from unqualified managers.
Sedgwick could be one of the best places to work, but it seems they work hard to make sure that does not happen. They preach work/life balance, but try to arrange a day off or shift trade and discover how almost impossible that is.

Managers say one thing but behind the scenes do the opposite--do what they say, not what they do.

Bonuses are based on – more... outdated surveys from old and out of touch customers (card members) who can't figure out what button to push.

If you want a computer telling you what to do during every minute of your work day, this is the place. – less
Claims Adjuster III, I (Former Employee), Orange, CAMarch 7, 2014
I've now mastered the JURIS/SIR system used at Sedgwick; and am amble to get through the week's work with ease. There is always someone willing to help if needed; and the team leaders are great!
The Worst Nursing Job Ever
RN Case Manager (Former Employee), Lake Mary, FloridaFebruary 28, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: high stress
A typical day 20 is cases with a case load of 90. Difficult management who smile in your face and stab you at the same time. I hated going to work daily. More than 7.5 hours to complete the work. A very negative and toxic environment. Don't do it run from this company.
Enjoyable work environment
Claims Coding Coordinator (Former Employee), Memphis, TNFebruary 27, 2014
Nice place to work and compensation and benefits were excellent.
Billing Service Associate (Current Employee), Windsor, CTFebruary 25, 2014
 Arrange for debt repayment/repayment schedules.
 Locate and monitor overdue invoices, using computers and a variety of automated systems.
 Expert knowledge of insurance programs and claims.
 Audit and bill monthly loss activity invoices on National accounts.
 Reconcile and report discrepancies found in records.
 Record information about financial – more... status of clients and status of collection efforts. – less
Constant busy work
Claim Representative (Current Employee), Whippany, NJFebruary 16, 2014
Pros: meetings with vendors to assist with claims handling
complete daily task, make and return phone calls to claimant, medical providers, employer, review and update claims and adjust reserves if appropriate, review file for potential settlement options, discuss claims with supervisor for directives
Excellent benefits but not so good pay.
Claims Assistant (Current Employee), Southfield, MIFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: benefits and pto
Cons: not enough money
I love the health and PTO benefits but I could use more money.
Workers Compensation
Claims Examiner II (Former Employee), Melville, NYFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: poor communication from supervisor
Great co-workers
most of management was good few exceptions
training was poor so was direction from supervisor
Corporate company with a small business feel. Sedgwick promotes a great work life balance with unmatched benefits.
Claims Representative (Current Employee), Long Beach, CAJanuary 31, 2014
Pros: health benefits, 401k, paid vacation
Claims management is not an easy, relaxed career; however, Sedgwick promotes a work environment full of supportive and helpful staff with plenty of resources. Time management is key to stay ahead and I enjoy interacting with both claimants and clients alike to ensure the best experience possible.
Overall impressed with handling of colleagues and possibility of advancement.
Claims Examiner III (Current Employee), Blue Ash, OhioJanuary 29, 2014
A typical day is very fast paced. I handled more of the litigation overflow and the high exposure/high dollar liability claims. Management while new was supportive and helpful in obtaining answers as needed. The hardest part was the unknown, this is a new office where policies and procedures are not known and it is difficult at times to support the – more... client properly. – less
Productive workplace.
Senior Liability Claims Representative (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 22, 2014
I thoroughly enjoyed working for Cambridge and Sedgwick CMS. I was laid off on 7/15/2013.

About Sedgwick Claims Management Services

Unlike Kyra, this Sedgwick probably can't play the "Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon" game, but it can help employers save a little – Read more