Sedgwick Claims Management Services Employee Reviews

poor
Health and Life Disability Insurance (Current Employee) –  Wisconsin, MadisonMay 2, 2017
Don't apply if you have a life , there you do the more they want. Managment doesn't mama very non supportive. They manage by intimidation and disrespect.
Pros
pay
Cons
everything other than the pay
The harder you work the more you are given
AVP Client Services (Former Employee) –  Ohio, Iowa, Arkansas, Florida, MinneapolisApril 29, 2017
I could not get ahead and my manager thought pay was the answer. but in reality working over 60 hrs a week every week and not ever feeling like you got ahead was frustrating. Expected to travel every week and at the drop of a hat made work/life balance very difficult. Again, things you cannot put a monetary value on.
Pros
pay
Cons
lack of work/life balance
Horrible place to work
Scr (Former Employee) –  Dubuque, IAApril 28, 2017
Avoid this place! They treat their employees like garbage. This job is very high stress and you're even berated for having to use the bathroom. I had to deal with constant harassment from managers and leads.
Pros
Cons
Harassment
Poor experience
Workers Compensation Examiner (Former Employee) –  Washington City, DCApril 27, 2017
Management was inadequate. No structure. Workload consisted of over 150 cases and bcame unbearable.

Benefits were not good. No flexibility with breaks.
Pros
salary
Cons
Poor management
Terrible
Disability Representative (Former Employee) –  New Albany, OHApril 26, 2017
I was an employee for 5 years and worked in multiple offices in different positions. Accepting the last promotion was a terrible decision, I transferred to a brand new office, which was opened to accommodate the company's new and largest client to date. Management was clueless, the workload was consistently 200+ Disability and FMLA claims per examiner. We were severely understaffed and instead of hiring, the only "solution" was to pressure employees to work excessive amounts of overtime (some of which was unpaid, as examiners feared discipline for falling behind). I wanted things to improve, but there wasn't a light at the end of the tunnel... so I left the company.
Pros
vacation time & decent benefits.
Cons
Poor Compensation, Poor Work Life Balance, Poor Management, High Stress Level, Excessive Workload
Good culture if you are in the right office
Service Center Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Plano, TxApril 25, 2017
This company offers great benefits and believes in true work/life balance. However, depending on the office you get in with, your experience in promotion, recognition and management will vary greatly. Highly depends on your direct manager liking you to get promoted.
Great place to work with Awesome work/life balance
Research Investigator (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILApril 23, 2017
I have a great job and work for the best non-micromanaging team leads ever. A typical day is filled with excitement and fun as each new case brings new opportunities to learn and challenge myself. The hardest part of the job is not being able to work from home.
Pros
Generous PTO time
Cons
No sick time so you must use pto.
Soul Snatcher
Injury Claims Examiner (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAApril 15, 2017
Cons: Very stressful, no work/life balance
Unbearable workload, poor management
If you want to be miserable, this is the place to be
Unrealistic goals and layoffs occur often
Over worked, underpaid
Leave of Absence Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 14, 2017
I second--Management burnt out their best workers due to making them constantly do more work than they were suppose to so they could support the slower workers or the ones who just wouldn't or couldn't do the job... too much hiring of family members friends etc.. just messy from management on down..
Cons
Raises, management, no work life balance
Sedgwick
Service Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 11, 2017
Great employer great benefits and great management easy to talk too nice work area small teams and always willing to help you grow with the company!!!
Sets you up for success!!!
Claims Representative (Current Employee) –  Hoffman Estates, ILApril 7, 2017
I love my company!!! They really work with you and help you achieve your goals. They are always looking for ways to make their employees happy and effective!!!
Pros
Great benefits
Long hours, Unrealstic workload, Management unresponsive
Senior Claims Examniner / Litigation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 6, 2017
If not for my coworkers I would have been more actively looking for a claims position with another company. My supervisor's background was in worker's compensation which was not compatible with handling general liability claims in that necessary authority to settle claims for what they were worth was not given which caused the claims to be unnecessarily reassigned to a more senior examiner.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Unrealistic workload, unresponsive management
Services Representative, Sr. (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 6, 2017
Enjoyed the work environment, benefits, and chance for the employees to have a voice in the company. Great company to grow and also to have a chance to move up the corporate ladder.
Decent workplace, Overall a great stable job
Leave of Absence Representative (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 29, 2017
If you are looking for something stable, minimally stressful and a comfortable environment to work in, Sedgwick is a great company.

Workplace culture is casual and very relaxed, typically not too high paced

Hardest things that I experienced were just difficult Leave of Absence claims which required managements assistance, an sudden influx of work (due to normal demand or colleague being on PTO) which requires a more "buckle down" approach to overcome.

The work environment is very casual and relaxed most of the time which I really enjoyed. Additionally, I enjoyed assisting people in with their cases and going the extra mile outside my job duties to ensure everything is coordinated efficiently.

I found management to be kind, hard working and dedicated people. There were instances when I would have liked more direction and assistance from management team but overall, I would do not have any complaints about management.

Typical day: Check E-Mails, Work on "critical" assignments and new cases, throughout the day constant E-Mail communications with claimants or their employer's management, frequent communications with claimants and noting conversations. Reviewing medical documentation and assisting others if there are unbalanced workloads.
Pros
Great Environment, Management, People and Overall Culture
Cons
Job duties are repetitive, Compensation/Raises
Strict call center environment that offered great benefits
Senior Service Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 29, 2017
I took calls all day. I learned that I can be empathetic towards customers while being professional. Management is rather unorganized. Good benefits
Benefits
Cons
Short lunches, unorganized departments
Professional and fun work place.
Claims Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Hilliard, OHMarch 23, 2017
I enjoy this job and have learned many things regarding the claims process and my professional goals. I've grown personally and professionally. I work with a great group of people.
Benefits
Cons
Short breaks and no sick time
Confusing
Leave of Absence Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Coralville, IAMarch 21, 2017
Management burnt out their best workers due to making them constantly do more work than they were suppose to so they could support the slower workers or the ones who just wouldn't do the job. When told additional training was needed for certain people management seemed irritated
Management does not care about Employees
CSV Agent (Former Employee) –  Seven Hills, OHMarch 16, 2017
My time at Sedgwick is filled with mix emotions. A typical day at work is constant calls from customers demanding to speak with their adjusters. Adjusters ignoring customers and call center agents. Hardest part of the job, dealing with irate customers and adjusters ignoring the calls. Management talks about employees to other employees and spread lies. The most enjoyable part of the job, I can't think of any.
Pros
Co Workers
Cons
hours and management
Great place to work.
Disability Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIMarch 14, 2017
The review given been force out by indeed. This is something indeed is forcing me to do . I loved this job.The management was great. I would go back to the company.
Pros
yearly luncheon, employee outing, thaw fest, coffee with flavored syrup
Cons
the work load was crazy
It's a job
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 13, 2017
They are the leading TPA in the industry, largely in part to acquisitions. The company is large enough to be stable and provide a steady pay check. Work-life balance could be better.
Pros
Steady pay check, advancement for the right "type" of person
Cons
Work-life balance, leadership, advancement for the right "type" of person

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sedgwick Claims Management Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9