Sedgwick Claims Management Services Employee Reviews in United States

Stable work
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXFebruary 2, 2016
Nothing to jump up and down about. You do your job and get paid. Stable work environment. Benefits are average. No real perks.
Pros
Secure company
Cons
Benefits are average
Claims
Claims Associate - (WV Adjusters License) (Current Employee) –  Charleston, WVOctober 7, 2015
Analyze reported lower-level workers compensation claims to determine benefits due; and to ensure ongoing adjudication of claims within company standards and industry best practices, Adjust workers compensation PTD only claims , Process workers compensation claims determining compensability and benefits due; monitor reserve accuracy and file necessary documentation with state agency, Process assigned claims and determine benefits due pursuant to the client contract; makes timely claim payments and adjustments, Communicate claim action/processing with claimant, client and appropriate medical contact, Ensure claim files are properly documented and claims coding is correct, Process routine payments and prescriptions and status reports for lifetime medical claims and/or defined period minimal medical claims.
good benefits, spotty first ine supervision
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  New Albany, OHNovember 12, 2015
good work environment, good benefits, spotty first line supervision. Perceived favoritism among young male team leads and female underlings, age bias
Pros
benefits, work environment
Cons
Poor first line supervision
Fun place to work
CLAIMS REP (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 26, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job was the camaraderie among the staff, regardless of the department involved. Many times, the support we provided each other resulted in a successful completion of tasks or projects, with much satisfaction to all involved.
Pros
Co-Workers
Cons
Company lost contract
Relaxed Work Environment
claims representative (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 12, 2016
Decent place to work. Like anywhere else pay could be better. Lots of time off and no micromanagement. Advancement opportunities are limited.
Secure, permanent job with Day 1 Full Benefits
Service Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 28, 2015
Overall, this is a very sound and stable company. There is much room for growth. But just like any company, it comes with its particular set of work politics. I think there is favoritism shown when you're trying to apply for an internal job within your location. That's just my opinion. But that's the only negative thing I have to say.

Once you start training, you are medically covered! It's a beautiful thing! I've referred ppl to apply and I have 4 of my friends hired here so far. For every person that is successfully hired through our colleague referral program, you receive $500 after they complete 6 months of employment. Of course it is taxed before you get it but it's more money in your pocket still. I started at $14.33/hr as a Service Center Rep. so the pay is good too. Towards the end of the year going into the new year, OT is offered more and it may be unlimited to rack up and save.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
minor favoritism
High Stress company
Claim Examiner II (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYSeptember 4, 2015
Typical day at work is coming in and completing mail received, answering e-mails and phone calls.
Then going and doing my diaries that are set for the day.
Monitor payments to claimants, and paying awards, setting up claims for hearings.
Monitor the coding is correct on claims and filing proper forms.
Ensuring that treatment is staying within the guidelines.
Management is helpful with working out some of the more difficult claims that arise.
The hardest part of my job is that there is not enough hours in a day to complete all the work that comes in.
The most enjoyable part of my job are the people I work with and the claimants I take care of.
Pros
Benefits, time off
Cons
Too much work that needs to be complted in a time frame that is not always reasonable
Work Experience
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Hilliard, OHOctober 17, 2015
A typical day was receiving incoming calls and setting up disability/FMLA claims for clients. I learned how to multi-task, type emails, maintain a good quality assurance grade with call flow. Management was very mirco-managed. My colleagues were helpful in a lot ways.
So so
Leave/Disability Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Hilliard, OHFebruary 1, 2016
It was a good job at times but management changed over the years and went downhill. I would not go back to work for Sedgwick.
Terrible work envirnment
Claims exaimner III (Former Employee) –  AtlantaAugust 26, 2015
I worked the Coke account at Sedgwick and Management could care less about the adjusters. It is a classic sweet shop with no regard for adjusters pending. They refuse to hire more adjusters in an effort to save money and they simply keep demanding more & more from all the adjusters handling the Coke account. It is an atmosphere of silent discontent. There is constant micro managing of your work and the expectations set for the adjusters is unrealistic. If you are desperate for a job and like to be abused then this is a job for you.
Pros
Cons
Excessive work load, Mgmt micro manages
Tough Work, But Fair Benefits
Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAAugust 26, 2015
The work is stressful and you will get frazzled from time to time. However, the employer understands that aspect of the job and makes up for it as much as possible. Good pay and good benefits is pretty swell. They also give out a very healthy amount of paid time off with you can use for extra vacation if you don't use much of it for sick days. The fellow employees and even the superiors are great to work with.
Pros
Good pay, benefits, and vacation time
Cons
Stressful Work
great work/life balance, not enough pay
Operations Support Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 22, 2015
Sedgwick is a great company to work, has some of the smartest, hardest, working employees. Just ready to see the company step it up in technology and compensation for it's employees
Pros
great PTO, M-F schedules
Cons
low pay, sucky mgmt
Great Company
LOA Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Calabasas, CANovember 8, 2015
This company is very family oriented and a team player and are there for their employees. Great company to work for. Enjoy the activities that are provided to the employee. The co-workers are there for other co-workers when needed.
Productive and fun workplace
Research Investigator (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILAugust 20, 2015
I have been with this company for six months and couldn't be happier to have found a career here. The environment is positive for the most part and everyone is friendly. I continue to learn new things and am able to demonstrate my abilities and knowledge. Everyone seems to be open minded. They award you for good work and. The company is very flexible and understanding if you need to take a day off.
no comment, call centers are always a stepping stone and no place for a adult with expections of career satisfaction
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 13, 2015
Call centers are always high stress and high expectation areas in any company. Prospective employees should begin with the expectations to transfer out or promote to different department with less stress and more stable work environment. But if they are able to hang in there this is a great company with lucrative benefits.
Pros
Great benefit plan
Cons
call center micro manage and policy changes offen, ee must embrace changes daily with each client
Sedgwick
Leave of absence Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 3, 2015
From my experience working there, it is a laid back call center. They follow their policies and procedures. It is enjoyable due to the small office. No drama in the work place.
A great place to learn that there are better companies
WC Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCAugust 12, 2015
Working on a dedicated account as an onsite adjuster, has it's disadvantages. The company still require you to maintain a full caseload as if you were working in the office. The hours required to maintain the files are massive. I guess this is why they have us as salary employees.
Pros
Management appear to be concerned
Cons
Makes a lot of promises but are never realized
Productive and Fun Place To Work
Workers Compensation Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXNovember 7, 2015
Great Entry Level Jobs. Lots of open positions. It's a nationwide company. The company is growing in the workers compensation field.
Pros
Great Vacation Time Package
Cons
Average Pay
Intense and unorganized work environment
Claims Associate - Home Depot (Former Employee) –  AtlantaSeptember 17, 2015
The company will not hire enough staff to compensate for the amount of volume of claims that come in. They do not provide overtime and expect you to stay and work until you are done even if it's everyday.
Pros
Lengthy Breaks
Cons
Horrible management choices
Fun and sometimes stressful place
Claims Examiner (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 31, 2015
check all voicemails, emails
review all medical information
process all new claims and ongoing
answer all phones call
I learned to organize my work day
My co-worker were helpful as well as management
I enjoyed helping customer with their questions and problems
Pros
learning new topics
Cons
long work day

2.9