Sedgwick Claims Management Services

Sedgwick Claims Management Services Employer Reviews

Rewarding Position,Creativity Encouraged
Bill /Code Review Nurse Manager (Current Employee), Columbus, OHJuly 1, 2014
This is a Great Company that takes care of their employees. The Benefits and the work life balance are good. There is room for creativity and you are encouraged to think outside of the box.
My time at Sedgwick
Service Center Representative (Current Employee), Hilliard, OHJuly 1, 2014
Working at Sedgwick I learned the systems and many interesting rules and regulations regarding FMLA, WC, and STD, claims.
Helping people to keep their employment
Leave of Absence Specialist (Current Employee), Coralville, IAJune 23, 2014
Pros: 5 weeks of pto
Cons: system crashes
• Providing help and advice to customers using organization’s products or services.
• Communication courteously with customers by telephone, email, letter and face to face.
• Investigating and solving customers’ problems, which may be complex or long-standing problems that have been passed on by other customer service assistants.
• Handling customer complaints or any major incidents, such as vehicle accidents, traffic tickets or damages
• Producing written information for customers, often involving use of computer software.
• Learning the organization’s products and services to keep to date with changes of procedures
• Oversee inventory of rental and sales departments. Develop reports for management.
Claims Examiner I / Claims Assistant (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 19, 2014
Sedgwick was a good companyto work for, however it was a temporary job. I did learn Medical Billing on a different scale which enhanced my learning. I did billing for Royal Carribean Cruise Line employees and customers. The enjoyable part about it was learning a new system and a very unusual way of Medical Billing.
The hardest part was when my assignment ended and saying goodbye to new people whom I enjoyed working with.
Third party
Claims Examiner (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJune 19, 2014
Pros: always busy
Cons: caseload
This is a great company with very good leadership. It is not the most stable position as you are a third party under contract to negotiate claims on the companies behalf. It is a big part of any business, yet it is not the most stable.
Claims Adjuster
Team Lead; Workers Compensation Claims Adjuster (Former Employee), Golden Valley, MNJune 10, 2014
Managed and processed claims in compliance with state fee schedule allowances in timely and accurate manner.
Only if you're desperate
LOA Specialist (Current Employee), Calabasas, CAJune 9, 2014
I've worked in the Calabasas office for 2 years. It's an unmanageable case load, compensation is ok but not great. Most people work off the clock in order to keep up. It's a serious issue in this office. Huge employee turn over. Take this job if you're completely out of options.
Management is horrible
Call Center Rep (Former Employee), Memphis,TNJune 8, 2014
Pros: benefits and pto
Cons: managment and expectations
Management is horrible in the Memphis call center. The motto is One Company One Team but its every man for himself. You have to watch you say or do with or about this company. The training could be better.The expectations they give a too high and the Team Leads are only looking out for themselves and not doing what they are suppose to do to help their team member. They need a new set of Team Leads except 2 people out of 7. Besides that the benefits and PTO is great and they will feed you sometimes.
Sedgwick CMS
Claims Examiner (Current Employee), Portland, ORJune 1, 2014
Pros: vendors bring goodies all the time! casual jeans everyday type culture.
Cons: living to work, not seeing your kids grow up since you are always working.
If someone does not mind a 50-60 hour work week, and an unmanageable caseload, but at the same time something that pays fairly well, they will be happy here. Coworkers are the best I have ever worked with.
Company that wastes its potential
Workers Compensation Claims Adjuster (Former Employee), Memphis, TNMay 28, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: no actual training. if you cross the wrong person you will be ousted.
Sedgwick had excellent benefits and at start you think you are working for great company. However, not willing to offer competitive pay. Management will overlook complaints and will eventually use them against you to try to resign. Competitive work environment but not friendly. Their motto is One Company One Team. It's more like every man for himself.
Too many new hires. Not enough adequate training.
Leave of Absence Coordinator (Former Employee), Coralville, IAMay 19, 2014
They tried hard to get me to quit....as they did to many other...just so they didn't have to pay Unemployment benies. When that didn't work, they knew just when to ax me so as not to have to pay Unemployment for the last quarter that I worked. They also threw me out saying they would pack up my things and mail them. THREE WEEKS LATER, they still had not packed a thing. And when I did finally get my personal belongings, there was over $700 worth of property missing and some of my things were broken. All I got was a stingy check for $40.
There were some good people and the location was very nice.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 19, 2014
Pros: it was centrally located downtown.
Cons: not too may advancement opportunities
There were some wonderful people who worked there. There was a real atmosphere of helpfulness
Nice people to work with / but need more work life balance
Disability Representative, Sr (Current Employee), Eden Prairie, MNMay 18, 2014
Pros: benefit package
Cons: work life balance
you start your day looking at a to do list
you have 3 of them, list for contact, emails, and faxes

you have inbound calls that you take all day long from clients and updated them on a claim that you are working on for them

you read, and document all medical , then take action to update the file in the computer system

you are for the most part on your own to make the correct decision based on the incoming medical

your management is their for support if needed , you attend meetings on line and in conference rooms several times a week

I work part from home and in the office

I like that I have freedom to work from home and the office
and the benefit package. Nice time out if you can use it.

for the most part the people that I work with are enjoyable

but the least enjoyable of my job is the work life balance, over worked in the amount of claims that we process and when you or your team mates leave on vacation and someone is always on vac. its over whelming.
Claims handling
Senior Workers' Compensation Examiner (Current Employee), Dallas, TXMay 18, 2014
Pros: great health benefits, nice colleages excellent location for work.
Cons: below market salaries
Sedgwick has excellent benefits and an awesome claim system.
Great benefits
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Dubuque, IAMay 17, 2014
Pros: benefits, pay
Cons: typically no advancement, mandatory overtime every monday
Worked in a call center environment taking calls to set up and give information on FMLA and/or Disability claims. I gained a vast amount of knowledge on state and federal guidelines for FMLA/Disability. There is a 4 week long training class, followed my a mandatory text that must be passed (85% or higher is passing). The training group will basically hold your hand and walk you through the test.

4 weeks of PTO your first year, amazing insurance benefits, and pay is decent.
This is a great company with several opportunities for advancement
Service Associate (Former Employee), Home BasedMay 16, 2014
This company has a wonderful work ethic and it allow employees to advance within the company.
NO company Culture
General Liability Examiner (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLMay 14, 2014
This company could use some lessons in company culture. people are more than just seat fillers to push paper.
Fast paced work environment with individual and team efforts.
Claims Associate (Current Employee), Portland, ORMay 5, 2014
Pros: benefits, consistent hours.
Cons: claims load
On a typical day, I set up new claims and make contacts. I review incoming mail and respond on a timely basis. I then attend to daily working of existing claims.

The most enjoyable part of my job is the working in a team atmosphere.

I've learned how to manage my time effectively and handle working with all different types of personalities.

The hardest part of the job is the consistent workload.
Normal
Claims Assistant (Former Employee), Calabasas, CAMay 5, 2014
Responsibilities include, but not limited to, Claimant and Medical Office Contact for distribution of medical benefits, allocation of information and disbursement for claim processing. I started out in the mailroom, where I learned the entire mailing process, shipping process ie, fedex, DHL, and UPS. Counted and processed all checks going out for all vendors aswell as completed all inventory for the entire mailroom.
Busy
Claims Examiner (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLApril 23, 2014
Very busy company but a good company to work for with good benefits.

About Sedgwick Claims Management Services

Unlike Kyra, this Sedgwick probably can't play the "Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon" game, but it can help employers save a little – Read more

Sedgwick Claims Management Services Salaries