Sedgwick Claims Management Services Employee Reviews in United States

Casual Environment
Recovery Claims Examiner (Current Employee) –  Cleveland OhSeptember 10, 2015
Nice Place to work. I have been there for a short time only so I cannot evaluate honestly. Appears to be a casual environment with career advancement
SedgwickCMS
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 9, 2015
Always great working within SedgwickCSM.
I was with Sedgwick for almost 8 years.
Always Supportive.
On hand updated training.
Pros
Bennifits
Cons
Contract Lost
n/a
scr (Current Employee) –  Hilliard, OHSeptember 8, 2015
The company is a wonderful company to work for, great people, great management, and great benefits. The job can be frustrating at times but what job can't be.
Casualty/Commercial General Liability (GL) Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 5, 2015
Great place to work, but advancement opportunities are hard to obtain. There is a lot of flexibility and the work/life balance is great.
High Stress company
Claim Examiner II (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYSeptember 4, 2015
Typical day at work is coming in and completing mail received, answering e-mails and phone calls.
Then going and doing my diaries that are set for the day.
Monitor payments to claimants, and paying awards, setting up claims for hearings.
Monitor the coding is correct on claims and filing proper forms.
Ensuring that treatment is staying within the guidelines.
Management is helpful with working out some of the more difficult claims that arise.
The hardest part of my job is that there is not enough hours in a day to complete all the work that comes in.
The most enjoyable part of my job are the people I work with and the claimants I take care of.
Pros
Benefits, time off
Cons
Too much work that needs to be complted in a time frame that is not always reasonable
Awesome place to work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Coralville, IowaSeptember 1, 2015
I go in everyday and see my boss, she answers all questions and we talk about our day before it even starts. I have learned so much working at this business. It is a great place to work!!
Busy but Rewarding
LEAVE OF ABSENCE COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  GlendaleAugust 31, 2015
Management was too focused on numbers and quotas which often times got in the way of the examiner being able to "make their own sound decision" about the claim. There was a glass ceiling, once you reached a certain level there was no where else for you to go.
Pros
Paid well
Cons
management always in your files
Fun and sometimes stressful place
Claims Examiner (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 31, 2015
check all voicemails, emails
review all medical information
process all new claims and ongoing
answer all phones call
I learned to organize my work day
My co-worker were helpful as well as management
I enjoyed helping customer with their questions and problems
Pros
learning new topics
Cons
long work day
Busy
Claims Examiner II (Former Employee) –  Brookfield, WIAugust 26, 2015
Determining coverage, compensability facts of loss and degrees of liability exposure.
· Handling files with moderate authority based on management discretion.
· Providing outstanding customer service
The hardest part of the job
Human Resources Support Associate (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 26, 2015
The hardest part of my job was managing route drivers to pickup daily freight. I was difficult at times when I was the only contact the drivers had with management and being the on-site HR rep as well.
Pros
Company perks
Cons
Constant lay-offs
Tough Work, But Fair Benefits
Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAAugust 26, 2015
The work is stressful and you will get frazzled from time to time. However, the employer understands that aspect of the job and makes up for it as much as possible. Good pay and good benefits is pretty swell. They also give out a very healthy amount of paid time off with you can use for extra vacation if you don't use much of it for sick days. The fellow employees and even the superiors are great to work with.
Pros
Good pay, benefits, and vacation time
Cons
Stressful Work
Terrible work envirnment
Claims exaimner III (Former Employee) –  AtlantaAugust 26, 2015
I worked the Coke account at Sedgwick and Management could care less about the adjusters. It is a classic sweet shop with no regard for adjusters pending. They refuse to hire more adjusters in an effort to save money and they simply keep demanding more & more from all the adjusters handling the Coke account. It is an atmosphere of silent discontent. There is constant micro managing of your work and the expectations set for the adjusters is unrealistic. If you are desperate for a job and like to be abused then this is a job for you.
Pros
Cons
Excessive work load, Mgmt micro manages
Decent place to work
Claims Examiner III (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TexasAugust 25, 2015
Ok place to work, team leaders/supervisors are ok but could be better. Sometimes can be a sweat shop with high pendings.
Pros
Cons
Low ball salary pay
Highly stressful but there are some sweet spots here and there
Leave of Absence Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 24, 2015
As a LOA coordinator on the account that I worked on in the Irving, TX office there seems to be a disconnect between certain members of leadership and other colleagues, but Sedgwick I believe is a good company overall with the exception of a few bad apples.
Productive and fun workplace
Research Investigator (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILAugust 20, 2015
I have been with this company for six months and couldn't be happier to have found a career here. The environment is positive for the most part and everyone is friendly. I continue to learn new things and am able to demonstrate my abilities and knowledge. Everyone seems to be open minded. They award you for good work and. The company is very flexible and understanding if you need to take a day off.
Quiet work enviornment with great benefits
LOA Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 13, 2015
Excellent benefits and training courses, Sedgwick offers much in the way of personal growth and opportunity if you are ambitious and ethical.
no comment, call centers are always a stepping stone and no place for a adult with expections of career satisfaction
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 13, 2015
Call centers are always high stress and high expectation areas in any company. Prospective employees should begin with the expectations to transfer out or promote to different department with less stress and more stable work environment. But if they are able to hang in there this is a great company with lucrative benefits.
Pros
Great benefit plan
Cons
call center micro manage and policy changes offen, ee must embrace changes daily with each client
A great place to learn that there are better companies
WC Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCAugust 12, 2015
Working on a dedicated account as an onsite adjuster, has it's disadvantages. The company still require you to maintain a full caseload as if you were working in the office. The hours required to maintain the files are massive. I guess this is why they have us as salary employees.
Pros
Management appear to be concerned
Cons
Makes a lot of promises but are never realized
Time Management and Multi-tasking
Leave of Absence Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIAugust 6, 2015
Relaxed work place that offers a lot of flexibility, and opportunities to learn new tasks. Enhances your time management skills, organizational skills, and multi tasking ability.
Pros
PTO days, flexibility
Cons
work overload
Good Place To Work
College Intern (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 4, 2015
Good place to work. Management is pretty good. Just go in and do your job. Its like a family. I learned how to work in IT.The hardest part of my job is helping people I have no concept of what I am doing. The most enjoyable part of the job is succeeding.
Pros
Nice get togethers.
Cons
Sometimes you find yourself thrown in the fire if you are a newbie.

2.9