See's Candies Employee Reviews

A good day meeting different people and seeing different faces
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAJune 12, 2017
i made 9 dollars per hour i was working part time and it was a temporary position for the christmas season. It was a quite clean area they kept everything sanitized for the customers. they gave out free chocolates. They let eat chocolate as we work
Got to eat chocolate
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAJune 12, 2017
I watched over others and closed out at the end of the day. Since it was only a seasonal kiosk in the mall, the inventory that I had to count out every other day was small and cluttered. Long work hours and a lot of standing. Manager at the time was all over the place. Sometimes we got free candy, but no discount.
Pros
Free, cheap candy
Cons
No discounts, long hours, lots of standing
Fun
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJune 6, 2017
A typical day at work is being on the phone none stop assisting
customers in a great and orderly manner. making sure I complete
orders as they are giving to me and process orders into the data base.
Fun place to work at
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CAJune 5, 2017
I enjoy working at See's Candies it is a fun place to work at, while attending school. The only time it is a fast paced environment is during the holidays other than that its a pretty balanced environment.
Pros
Can eat all the candy you want
Cons
Not enough hours
calm and really clean enviorment
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Salinas, CAJune 3, 2017
super fun place to work !
learned to weigh out different amounts in pounds and ounces, management was very nice the best part is the customers though,always happy due to free samples.typical day is giving samples,packaging gifts and boxes of chocolate,the hardest part about this job was leaving !! sadly it was only seasonal.
Pros
free chocolate !
Cons
only seasonal/no benefits
good pay unpredicable hours
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 31, 2017
Every customer I had was great and unlimited free samples was the best but my boss was VERY strict and my schedule was so unpredicatable. The employee has to call two weeks in advance before they can't work and your schedule won't come out till the week of. I could never have a life outside of working here. One pay check would be extremely low the next extremely high
Pros
Nice customers, delicous chocolate, good pay
Cons
Unpredictable hours, scary boss
fun work place
Customer Service/Banker (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAMay 30, 2017
Fun, loving staff. hours were flexible, work was easy. Customers where fun. Some inventory was heavy, but nothing that could not be managed. Management was very helpful, and great trainers. Orientation was very productive.
Interesting Place That I always want to come back to
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  CAMay 26, 2017
Its different not hard. People here are friendly. Been working for years. Customers are loyal and place orders often. Busies time is during winter. Company treats employees with lunches and other appreciations prizes.
Pros
45 minute lunch. Seasonal. Rehire yearly as long as no breaks in between years. Works with schedule
Cons
seasonal
A fun seasonal job
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAMay 24, 2017
Pretty old fashioned workplace, strict dress code and strict scripts for handling customer service. Most of the day was managing the stock at the counter and packing candy into boxes for customers. Management was great, and the coworkers were pleasant. Unlimited free samples, just don't eat on the sales floor.
Pros
Free samples, good management
Cons
Dress code
The best job environment ever
Candy Maker (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVMay 23, 2017
I made sure the area in which i worked was sanitized and clean to ensure proper room to move around and properly stir and monitor the candy in which i was making
Pros
Fun and exciting job
Cons
Not enough hours offered

Want to know more about See's Candies?

Ask a question
Fun workplace
Sale's Associate (Former Employee) –  Canyon Country, CAMay 21, 2017
I had an amazing time working here. The people that I made happy by what I did made me feel good. I helped people pick out candies for their loved ones and friends. I got to know each customer that I helped and that made them return for more.
Great workplace, not much space to move up but good for a part time college student
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAMay 17, 2017
A typical day at work is helping numerous customers with chocolate picking and cashiering. I learned a lot about chocolate. The hardest part about my job was learning the different types of chocolates but it was fairly easy and quick to learn and now that I know them I will never forget them. I enjoyed working with customers because chocolate makes everyone happy.
Pros
Free chocolate
Cons
short breaks
Death By Cheerfulness
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Saint George, UTMay 17, 2017
See's Candy is a great place to work provided that you have amazing management. I can't explain in words how astounding of a place See's is. Even if the bubbliness could cause one to vomit. It is a place that changes lives one piece of chocolate at a time.
Pros
Free chocolate Samples
Cons
Most work is seasonal
very fun
strict uniforms
need food handlers
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kahului, HIMay 9, 2017
See's Candies was kind of like my, "relaxing" job. It was always a pleasure walking into a candy store and smelling the delicious aroma of See's candies chocolate. All employees were kind and cheerful. Wonderful work environment.
Outstanding work environment at the Tucson Mall location.
Sales Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 5, 2017
As a seasonal employee I have enjoyed two years of working with a wonderfully impressive Manager and Assistant Manager. Great typical retail/sales day, fast paced, respectful communication and training. Workplace culture is diverse and rewarding both with compensation and return seasonal work.
Pros
Wonderful management and staff, enjoyable work environment, ongoing training, reasonable compensation and work schedule, great benefits and return for each season.
Loved this job
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCApril 19, 2017
Although I didn't like chocolate I loved the job and the area just wished it was a permanent location here . Easy money people knew what they wanted and loved my manager .
Not a bad seasonal job.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXApril 13, 2017
The job is a relaxed and nice environment to work in (even around its busiest times). The managers are very accommodating and hard working. Hardest part of the job would just be keeping up with the workflow.
Awesome management
Stocker (Former Employee) –  HonoluluApril 3, 2017
as soon as I was hired I was brought into a nice family feeling. All the managers and workers helped me and always made sure any questions I had were answered.
Pros
Pay every week
Fun place to work.
Front lead (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAMarch 28, 2017
Love working for See's. Would like to work for them again. Great to know how the candy is made. The different flavors that are always. And vary happy they are making sugar free candy for those who enjoy the sweets but can't have it.
Pros
Free candy
Cons
Wearing a dress while moving huge heavy boxes

Ask a question about working or interviewing at See's Candies. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4