See's Candies Employee Reviews

A fun seasonal job
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAMay 24, 2017
Pretty old fashioned workplace, strict dress code and strict scripts for handling customer service. Most of the day was managing the stock at the counter and packing candy into boxes for customers. Management was great, and the coworkers were pleasant. Unlimited free samples, just don't eat on the sales floor.
Pros
Free samples, good management
Cons
Dress code
Great workplace, not much space to move up but good for a part time college student
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAMay 17, 2017
A typical day at work is helping numerous customers with chocolate picking and cashiering. I learned a lot about chocolate. The hardest part about my job was learning the different types of chocolates but it was fairly easy and quick to learn and now that I know them I will never forget them. I enjoyed working with customers because chocolate makes everyone happy.
Pros
Free chocolate
Cons
short breaks
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kahului, HIMay 9, 2017
See's Candies was kind of like my, "relaxing" job. It was always a pleasure walking into a candy store and smelling the delicious aroma of See's candies chocolate. All employees were kind and cheerful. Wonderful work environment.
Not a bad seasonal job.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXApril 13, 2017
The job is a relaxed and nice environment to work in (even around its busiest times). The managers are very accommodating and hard working. Hardest part of the job would just be keeping up with the workflow.
Fun place to work.
Front lead (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAMarch 28, 2017
Love working for See's. Would like to work for them again. Great to know how the candy is made. The different flavors that are always. And vary happy they are making sugar free candy for those who enjoy the sweets but can't have it.
Pros
Free candy
Cons
Wearing a dress while moving huge heavy boxes
Exciting and not strict workplace
Cashier/ Stocking Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 18, 2017
I found my job very interesting there and with high benefits, i didn't get many hours but you can sample as much as u want and in a lively place. So I do recommend this as a great starter job
Pros
Free samples and Not difficult
Cons
Not much hours
Fun and productive
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CAMarch 5, 2017
Great company to work for learned many things and was a very fun and friendly environment to work in. Management was very understanding when a personal issue arose and coworkers we always fun to work with.
n/a
Associate/ Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kennewick, WAMarch 3, 2017
See's Candies is one of the oldest running companies with standards that have not changed for countless years. They offer the best quality job for their employees, ensuring that the people who work for the company are well cared for.
fun company to work for if you enjoy chocolate
Manager (Current Employee) –  KOP, PAFebruary 28, 2017
Mall work at a kiosk;seasonally. Great company. Lots of free chocolates. Pros/cons hours are short during slow times, lots of "on the job" training, fun co workers.
chocolate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 21, 2017
slowly dying but seasonal work it gets hectic. never say no to a guest. you get to eat free chocolate. if you want to work here and not be bored, work at a tourist spot.
See's candies
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAFebruary 16, 2017
I really enjoyed working at see's candies even though it was just seasonal. I really enjoyed greeting the customers as they came in, and give them chocolate samples. I also liked to see the smiles in their faces when they would get their chocolates. All the employees were very nice and friendly to the customers, and they all did their best.
Great place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Carson, CAFebruary 15, 2017
I think this was one of the best jobs I've every had. I worked for this company twice as a Seasonal Customer Svc Rep. The management is awesome and as long as your doing what your job is entitled you will out last all the other Seasonal Employees.
Pros
Free candy in the lunch room. Great free office lunches often
Cons
Calls can get out of hand sometimes
Sees Candies
Sales associate (seasonal) (Current Employee) –  Morgan Hill, CAFebruary 14, 2017
A typical day at work we stretch get our badges and start packing boxes with chocolates or candies, Ring up sales, walk around with tray full of delicious treats for our costumers to sample.
If you are available 24/7 and do not depend on your income, this is the job for you!
Sales Associate Level 2 (Current Employee) –  CAFebruary 13, 2017
You can make work fun, not just because of the chocolate, but also nice customers and co-workers.
If you are not the manager your work hours are not guaranteed and they will keep you below where they have to get you health insurance. Pay is good, but with no guaranteed hours hard to live on. This company will make sure they get everything out of you, but do not care much about your needs. Vacations, if you are so lucky to qualify, is limited to the three summer month, and then it goes from the top down, most likely leaving you with a forced leave, not a vacation. If there is not enough business, you are asked to cut your already limited time short, and take a pay cut. They expect you to be available 24/7, and if they call for you to take a shift that another called out on, you better not say no, as they, if you do that several times, will cut your hours, because you don't fill their needs. This makes it hard to get a second job, as if you limit your availability, you might as well quit.
You also should not have a opinion, just agree with everything that is fed to you, then you will advance well.
Pros
free chocolate
Cons
Can't depend on your income
One of the best jobs I've had
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Tysons Corner, VAFebruary 3, 2017
It's a seasonal job for the holidays so typically it's busy. Everyone that buys our candy relates to it in one way or another. Either they grew up on the candy or they're from California, where it's based. Management is excellent and everyone that works there are friendly. It's a pretty chill environment but when it gets busy it gets busy.
Pros
Being able to try the candies
Cons
Standing for long periods
Upbeat and fast pace work environment.
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CA 92618January 31, 2017
It's always a busy day at See's Candies. Especially during holiday seasons. Management is always on sight to help out. The culture is exciting and positive. The hardest part of the job is learning all the different chocolates to sample to guests. Another hard part is packing custom boxes while there's a "rush" and having to be quick and efficient. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to eat samples in the back during break.
Pros
Free chocolate
Cons
Can't take free chocolate home. Have to eat it on sight.
It's so sweet to work here
Sales associate/Key Carrier (Former Employee) –  Hemet, CAJanuary 14, 2017
I learned so much and grew here. I was entrusted as a key carrier and was taught how to effectively operate and open the store by myself, as well as learned how to open till, cash procedures and operation of the store safe. I learned how to merchandise, take checks, send in mail orders and how to describe the chocolates taste with perfect eloquence. I worked daily along side friendly women who helped me grow and learn the ropes, and my whole experience with this company was enjoyable.
Pros
Free chocolate in store if it's a work day, company policy
Fast paced work environment
Seasonal Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAJanuary 12, 2017
Fast paced work environment. Must be able to multi-task along with providing top notch customer service. Majority of training is on the job as you go. It takes some time to learn about the different types of chocolates. Minimal hours during the off season.
Pros
Free chocolate samples for employees
Cons
Hard to do physical lifting with required uniform.
Busy & strenuous
Order Processor (Former Employee) –  Rancho Dominguez, CAJanuary 12, 2017
I'm very patient and devoted when it comes to working. I'm a great problem and task solver in the work place. I always come in with a positive attitude, open mind and compassion for others.
Positive, cheerful work environment with candy
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Alhambra, CAJanuary 10, 2017
Working at See's Candies has been one of my all time favorite jobs. A typical day consists of cheerful customers and always giving our best customer service. Our main goal is our service as well as our salesmen skills. Up selling items is a primary factor, in which we always try to meet our goals.
Pros
Positive Environment
Cons
Seasonal Employment