See's Candies Employee Reviews

Fun, friendly environment, but job security is scarce.
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAJuly 21, 2017
I absolutely loved working for See's Candies. I worked at a quantity discount store in Torrance, California. The management was very helpful and friendly bunch, had absolutely no issues with ANYONE working there. Very kind, helpful environment with a willingness to make sure you learn and aren't stuck not knowing what to do. The training was more than adequate, you knew exactly what to do and weren't just thrown out to the wolves. I worked as a part-time seasonal employee and I absolutely loved life working at See's, I had time to spend quality time with family and friends while working there, as well they work around your school schedule! The management made sure you always took your legally required breaks and lunch (if you worked more than 5 hours) so you never had to worry about mistreatment by way of not getting proper break times or not getting breaks at all. Woking at See's I guarantee friends will be made along the way which made the lay off process even harder.

Everything is pretty much superb about working at See's and the company in general. The only thing that turned me off was the fact that the company kept me, a seasonal employee, for just over 6 months and then abruptly one day just let me go with no warning or any sort of closure. That was it, I was just gone. I understand I'm a seasonal employee and should expect that, however as fellow seasonal coworkers were being let go after 1-2 months and I was remaining it really got my hopes up. The management trained me, a seasonal employee to count money from the registers at the end of the day which to me was a
  more... clear indication my work was above par and they sought to keep me but in the end it clearly was not.  less
Pros
Free Candy, adequate lunch/break area, designated smoking area, locker to store your things, friendly environment, adequate training
Cons
Very low possibility of moving up in the company
Sales
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILJuly 20, 2017
Giving out samples, checking people out always on your feet. Customer interaction. A lot of times its just you and the customer no other employee, most be familiar with register.
Pros
Picking out Samples
Cons
On your feet
fun workplace with great people
coustomer service (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 20, 2017
This was my first job and it taught me a lot about shipping and receiving . working with inventory and separating product . picking and pulling . stocking and customer service
Pros
free food
Cons
pay rate
Fun first job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Glendora, CAJuly 19, 2017
Excellent first job, amazing customers always walking in, people always come in and leave happy, stocking candies welcoming people making boxes as quickly as possible is a fun job
Great company, but no growth
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, WAJuly 11, 2017
Amazing company, great atmosphere, flexibility, benefits. Always short on employee hours, little room to grow with company due to tenure and no new opening or positions.
Pros
Flexibility, atmosphere
Cons
Growth, Wages
Chocolate Lovers, Welcome
Sales Team Member (Former Employee) –  Simi Valley, CAJuly 5, 2017
My grandmother actually got me to apply for this job since she had worked for them when she in high school and truly loved it. It was certainly different in terms of how fast-paced it was, but the chocolate is totally worth it. You gotta know your chocolates to work here, but it's fun half the time just to say the names and brag about your favorite candy. The managers were very sweet at the location I worked and always willing to hear my concerns. The uniform hasn't changed since they opened their first store, but I think it's pretty cute, even though I'm not too big into dresses. Probably the toughest part of it all was during the Holiday season with ten customers wanting to get custom boxes at the same time. The long hours on your feet are a bit of a struggle too, but the free chocolate is always worth it. Would definitely recommend a friend.
Pros
Free chocolate samples, discounts
Cons
Extended time on feet
Nice coworkers, calming environment, can eat chocolate for free
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Corte Madera, CAJuly 3, 2017
It was a nice, low stress job that is comprised of relatively simple tasks. Unloading 20 pound boxes was the only physical part. The free chocolate is great, as well as the coworkers and the atmosphere. Everyone seems happy to be there.
Pros
20% off chocolate, free chocolate when you're working.
Fun and rewarding environment
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJune 28, 2017
On a typical day working at See's, we would go through the store helping customers, rotating stock and product, making and filling customer orders, replace and make products on the floor, answer questions, and overall maintain a clean working environment. I learned how to work quickly and efficiently while maintaining good customer service habits. Working with fun and energetic people as well as meeting new and interesting people was the best part of the job.
A good day meeting different people and seeing different faces
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAJune 12, 2017
i made 9 dollars per hour i was working part time and it was a temporary position for the christmas season. It was a quite clean area they kept everything sanitized for the customers. they gave out free chocolates. They let eat chocolate as we work
Got to eat chocolate
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAJune 12, 2017
I watched over others and closed out at the end of the day. Since it was only a seasonal kiosk in the mall, the inventory that I had to count out every other day was small and cluttered. Long work hours and a lot of standing. Manager at the time was all over the place. Sometimes we got free candy, but no discount.
Pros
Free, cheap candy
Cons
No discounts, long hours, lots of standing
Fun
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJune 6, 2017
A typical day at work is being on the phone none stop assisting
customers in a great and orderly manner. making sure I complete
orders as they are giving to me and process orders into the data base.
Fun place to work at
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CAJune 5, 2017
I enjoy working at See's Candies it is a fun place to work at, while attending school. The only time it is a fast paced environment is during the holidays other than that its a pretty balanced environment.
Pros
Can eat all the candy you want
Cons
Not enough hours
calm and really clean enviorment
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Salinas, CAJune 3, 2017
super fun place to work !
learned to weigh out different amounts in pounds and ounces, management was very nice the best part is the customers though,always happy due to free samples.typical day is giving samples,packaging gifts and boxes of chocolate,the hardest part about this job was leaving !! sadly it was only seasonal.
Pros
free chocolate !
Cons
only seasonal/no benefits
good pay unpredicable hours
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 31, 2017
Every customer I had was great and unlimited free samples was the best but my boss was VERY strict and my schedule was so unpredicatable. The employee has to call two weeks in advance before they can't work and your schedule won't come out till the week of. I could never have a life outside of working here. One pay check would be extremely low the next extremely high
Pros
Nice customers, delicous chocolate, good pay
Cons
Unpredictable hours, scary boss
fun work place
Customer Service/Banker (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAMay 30, 2017
Fun, loving staff. hours were flexible, work was easy. Customers where fun. Some inventory was heavy, but nothing that could not be managed. Management was very helpful, and great trainers. Orientation was very productive.
Interesting Place That I always want to come back to
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  CAMay 26, 2017
Its different not hard. People here are friendly. Been working for years. Customers are loyal and place orders often. Busies time is during winter. Company treats employees with lunches and other appreciations prizes.
Pros
45 minute lunch. Seasonal. Rehire yearly as long as no breaks in between years. Works with schedule
Cons
seasonal
A fun seasonal job
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAMay 24, 2017
Pretty old fashioned workplace, strict dress code and strict scripts for handling customer service. Most of the day was managing the stock at the counter and packing candy into boxes for customers. Management was great, and the coworkers were pleasant. Unlimited free samples, just don't eat on the sales floor.
Pros
Free samples, good management
Cons
Dress code
The best job environment ever
Candy Maker (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVMay 23, 2017
I made sure the area in which i worked was sanitized and clean to ensure proper room to move around and properly stir and monitor the candy in which i was making
Pros
Fun and exciting job
Cons
Not enough hours offered
Fun workplace
Sale's Associate (Former Employee) –  Canyon Country, CAMay 21, 2017
I had an amazing time working here. The people that I made happy by what I did made me feel good. I helped people pick out candies for their loved ones and friends. I got to know each customer that I helped and that made them return for more.
Great workplace, not much space to move up but good for a part time college student
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAMay 17, 2017
A typical day at work is helping numerous customers with chocolate picking and cashiering. I learned a lot about chocolate. The hardest part about my job was learning the different types of chocolates but it was fairly easy and quick to learn and now that I know them I will never forget them. I enjoyed working with customers because chocolate makes everyone happy.
Pros
Free chocolate
Cons
short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at See's Candies. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4