See's Candies Employee Reviews in United States

Very productive workplace, always kept busy.
Sales associate/cashier (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CAJuly 16, 2016
A typical day at work would be packing boxes of chocolate for customers, stocking shelfs, cashiering, and stocking boxes in the warehouse. Working here i have learned to be more patient with others, especially customers. Management is great at See's, they always make sure to help if you're in trouble and always praise your accomplishments. Co-workers were great, varied ages. The hardest part of the job was a fast-paced workplace but fast-paced is what I've become used to. The most enjoyable part of the job was pleasing customers with their boxes of candy.
Pros
Friendly workplace, normal break times, close to home/school.
productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAJune 16, 2016
I have learned that the company's motto, "Quality without Compromise, " is still applied to ensure customer satisfaction.
Great environment to work
Sale's Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 14, 2016
All the workers in the store are good at communicating and are kind to assist others who are in need of help. The guests like to communicate so this job is perfect.
Love the candy
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZ 85705June 10, 2016
I enjoyed working there at See's, all the seasons were displayed and very well put together. Also the Candy there is delicious.
Great work place very interactive and fast
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 1, 2016
sees candies prides itself in giving A-Z customer service and everyone is welcome to their favorite candy. Customer service is a must so you can not be shy to speak with customers and provide them with accuracy when in comes to what they are buying. you will have a bit of training in the register and then you are on your own the paper work for returns are crucial and is where you either make it or break it to get called back next season, Free all you can eat chocolate for the chocolate lovers if you dont mind the stockings and the 1950 nurse dress.
Pros
free chocolates
Cons
seasonal
Seasonal Job
Sales Associate/ Stocking Crew (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 20, 2016
Its an alright place to go work at if you need the extra money, the only time you will get any hours will be during the busy seasons after that you'll be lucky to get more than 10 hours a week
Pros
Chocolate
Cons
Not a lot of hours
Very friendly environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Carson, CAApril 27, 2016
Worked with customers via internet. Handled all incoming orders as well as some complaints. Management was very helpful and always there when we needed their help. My co-workers made working there like a family environment. The hardest part of the job was leaving, it was only a seasonal position. The most enjoyable part of the job was the great support we had from all the employees there.
Pros
Free chocolates inteh lunch room
Cons
Healthcare not included, seasonal position only
work life at See's candies
Employee (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAApril 21, 2016
working at See's is a very interesting job. My only complain is that they do not have many hours to give. They let you eat as much candy as you want.
For chocolate lovers to service other chocolate lovers
Seasonal Store Associate (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 21, 2016
A typical day at work usually comprises of filling the lobby area with available candies and keeping the area clean. Moreover, the associates greet every customer that comes in the store, hand them a sample of the day. On top of it, the associates also operate point of sale system.
What I learned while working at See's, is how to .describe any piece of candy in the store, how to properly greet the "See''s'" way, and how to service customers.
As far as both management and co-workers, both are very nice. As long as the associate does the job right, there are no problems.
The hardest part of the job has to when the queue of people grows exponentially because of holiday season. Because they are highly valuable customers, chocolates are handed to them to keep them happy. The associates work fast as possible to ensure quality service, and maintain flow of customers.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the most obvious one. All of the chocolate you want to eat as long as you are on your shift, is free. Along with servicing customer who share the same chocolate interests as the associate.
Pros
Free candy, candy bought buy the associate is discounted
Cons
hours are not numerous most of the time
The company has changed too much
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Orange County, CAMarch 10, 2016
Recently there have been too many cutbacks. It's too hard to keep hours that allow you to have insurance. There are no perks, and too much pressure to constantly be perfect. We feel like robots. Shop level co-workers are amazing. Upper management needs to make the cutbacks, instead of continuously cutting us at our level.
Pros
Double pay on holidays
Cons
Healthcare, Vacation, Sick pay, no perks, work holidays
Seasonal job
Sales (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAFebruary 21, 2016
This was my seasonal job. The manager & co workers were amazing. If there was ever a problem, the manager was sure to resolve it right away.
Fun workplace, friendly coworkers to work with.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 19, 2016
Having the opportunity to learn open and closing shop made me more open for various skills to add to my resume. I enjoyed working at See's Candies from day one i was received with enthusiasm and outgoing people. So much energy and hard working people. This has been one of the best jobs I've had because of the environment everyone worked to maintain.
Pros
Unlimited chocolate to eat.
fast paced and friendly co workers and happy customers
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAFebruary 5, 2016
I had a great time working for See's. I started out in Christmas seasonal and it was so much fun. My managers and supervisors were great and very friendly. The work was cut and dry and fast paced. For the most part the customers were super happy and easy to deal with. The free candy in store was a definite plus. Hardest part of the job was not getting distracted by everything going on around you, and having to keep asking what type of candy a customer wanted, but all in all it was an easy job. Although it was pretty tiring, they give you a 45 minute lunch break, paid! They are great about taking care of their employees.
Pros
Free candy, discounted candy, 45 min lunch break paid, fun managers, friendly customers
very nice enviorment
Clerk/cashier (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 3, 2016
Overall nice company to work for the smell of the candy is a perk into its self only drawback is the extremely high pace during the holidays.
Pros
free candy
Cons
fast pace during the holidays
Fun Work Place
Mail Order Processor (Former Employee) –  Carson, CAJanuary 26, 2016
Very busy, lots of customers and crazy hours, Work area is great, coworkers and management are great. Good environment to work in.
See's People
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  El Centro, CANovember 16, 2015
Everyone on the staff is nice, helpful, encouraging, and fun to be around from the ones I met so far. Sometimes the work is hectic when there's a lot of customers at once, but usually there's backup.
Pros
Awesome atmosphere
Cons
No See's Candies store in El Centro
Used to be an employee
Cashier/Customer Service/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Manhattan Beach, CANovember 6, 2015
I worked hard and was regularly called in on my days off. I learned that it takes many people to provide the experience a business wants to give to their shoppers.
I knew my co-worker's names, but most of the time I spoke with the shoppers about the candy. I kept to myself so I could be knowledgeable about the products and prices. I loved the candy and that made the work easy for me.
Some days I worked over twelve hours. I was exhausted at the end of the day, but I was proud of myself. I worked one Christmas Eve. I came home, passed out on the couch during a family dinner, and woke up to realize I had the flu.
I left due to working hard and being twice overlooked for a permanent position.
Pros
Pays well
Cons
Pushed to sell the Feature of the Day, nepotism
Fun and enjoyable place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Citrus Heights, CAOctober 27, 2015
I am a seasonal employee, and I love working here for the various holidays. The customers are amazing, the chocolate is to die for, and I will probably continue coming back every holiday until they won't let me anymore. I love the management here, and everyone genuinely cares about the products here.
Fast-paced, need an eye for detailed, and must remember all chcolates
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Glendale CaOctober 23, 2015
A typical day for me starts an hour before opening, I currently am at a mall location. My day to day operations start off by, checking time cards for the previous day making sure my team has correctly punched in and out. I begin by looking over the sales floor making sure it is visually sound and we are ready for an opening. I look the previous day sales for any losses or gains which will determine the rest of my week and the Goal to be set for that day. I create a sales log for the team and I to go over once they walk in for their shifts. There are lots of operations that go into our business because of the amount of chocolates being sold. We do lots of sampling, and breaking down bulk. I did have to learn and remember about 95 pieces of chocolates by name and ingredients. The greatest part of my role as a leader for See's Candies is that this business is mainly built of customer satisfactions and creating a memorable moment for this customer or in some cases bringing back good memories to customers that have been shopping with us in the past.
Pros
Customer satisfaction, creating memories, salary is great.
Cons
Not much support from upper management, Operationally as a company they have no metrics in place, Computer Systems are new to the company, Constant break downs of chocolates.
Family-oriented
SEASONAL TEAM ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 10, 2015
It was a family- oriented environment me for me at See's Candies. It was also a fast paced environment. We had to work as a team.
Pros
Co-workers were friendly and helpful.
Cons
Mininum wage and short training

4.5