See's Candies Employee Reviews

chocolate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 21, 2017
slowly dying but seasonal work it gets hectic. never say no to a guest. you get to eat free chocolate. if you want to work here and not be bored, work at a tourist spot.
Great place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Carson, CAFebruary 15, 2017
I think this was one of the best jobs I've every had. I worked for this company twice as a Seasonal Customer Svc Rep. The management is awesome and as long as your doing what your job is entitled you will out last all the other Seasonal Employees.
Pros
Free candy in the lunch room. Great free office lunches often
Cons
Calls can get out of hand sometimes
Sees Candies
Sales associate (seasonal) (Current Employee) –  Morgan Hill, CAFebruary 14, 2017
A typical day at work we stretch get our badges and start packing boxes with chocolates or candies, Ring up sales, walk around with tray full of delicious treats for our costumers to sample.
If you are available 24/7 and do not depend on your income, this is the job for you!
Sales Associate Level 2 (Current Employee) –  CAFebruary 13, 2017
You can make work fun, not just because of the chocolate, but also nice customers and co-workers.
If you are not the manager your work hours are not guaranteed and they will keep you below where they have to get you health insurance. Pay is good, but with no guaranteed hours hard to live on. This company will make sure they get everything out of you, but do not care much about your needs. Vacations, if you are so lucky to qualify, is limited to the three summer month, and then it goes from the top down, most likely leaving you with a forced leave, not a vacation. If there is not enough business, you are asked to cut your already limited time short, and take a pay cut. They expect you to be available 24/7, and if they call for you to take a shift that another called out on, you better not say no, as they, if you do that several times, will cut your hours, because you don't fill their needs. This makes it hard to get a second job, as if you limit your availability, you might as well quit.
You also should not have a opinion, just agree with everything that is fed to you, then you will advance well.
Pros
free chocolate
Cons
Can't depend on your income
One of the best jobs I've had
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Tysons Corner, VAFebruary 3, 2017
It's a seasonal job for the holidays so typically it's busy. Everyone that buys our candy relates to it in one way or another. Either they grew up on the candy or they're from California, where it's based. Management is excellent and everyone that works there are friendly. It's a pretty chill environment but when it gets busy it gets busy.
Pros
Being able to try the candies
Cons
Standing for long periods
Upbeat and fast pace work environment.
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CA 92618January 31, 2017
It's always a busy day at See's Candies. Especially during holiday seasons. Management is always on sight to help out. The culture is exciting and positive. The hardest part of the job is learning all the different chocolates to sample to guests. Another hard part is packing custom boxes while there's a "rush" and having to be quick and efficient. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to eat samples in the back during break.
Pros
Free chocolate
Cons
Can't take free chocolate home. Have to eat it on sight.
It's so sweet to work here
Sales associate/Key Carrier (Former Employee) –  Hemet, CAJanuary 14, 2017
I learned so much and grew here. I was entrusted as a key carrier and was taught how to effectively operate and open the store by myself, as well as learned how to open till, cash procedures and operation of the store safe. I learned how to merchandise, take checks, send in mail orders and how to describe the chocolates taste with perfect eloquence. I worked daily along side friendly women who helped me grow and learn the ropes, and my whole experience with this company was enjoyable.
Pros
Free chocolate in store if it's a work day, company policy
Fast paced work environment
Seasonal Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAJanuary 12, 2017
Fast paced work environment. Must be able to multi-task along with providing top notch customer service. Majority of training is on the job as you go. It takes some time to learn about the different types of chocolates. Minimal hours during the off season.
Pros
Free chocolate samples for employees
Cons
Hard to do physical lifting with required uniform.
Busy & strenuous
Order Processor (Former Employee) –  Rancho Dominguez, CAJanuary 12, 2017
I'm very patient and devoted when it comes to working. I'm a great problem and task solver in the work place. I always come in with a positive attitude, open mind and compassion for others.
Positive, cheerful work environment with candy
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Alhambra, CAJanuary 10, 2017
Working at See's Candies has been one of my all time favorite jobs. A typical day consists of cheerful customers and always giving our best customer service. Our main goal is our service as well as our salesmen skills. Up selling items is a primary factor, in which we always try to meet our goals.
Pros
Positive Environment
Cons
Seasonal Employment
Can be fun but hectic
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sherman Oaks, CAJanuary 5, 2017
I've been with the company for a few years now.
Within those years I have gone through two assistant managers.
There are flaws when it comes to management. But besides that it is a fun lace to work at. During the major holidays there is constantly a line and customers can be challenging at times.
Pros
Holiday pay and bonuses
Cons
Management, rude customers
No growth
Office Operations - Agent Support Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Carson, CAJanuary 4, 2017
Reviewing Reports
Answering phone calls
Resolving order issues
This company did not really have a standard protocol so it was hard to follow certain rules. You really learned as you went.
Fun Hard Working environment
Seasonal Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CAJanuary 2, 2017
I've learned at See's Candies to be a fast paced worker and to multitask as successfully as i can the management taught me keeping up with task and staying organized makes everything go by smoother.
Pros
organized, helpful, enjoyable environment
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Carson, CAJanuary 2, 2017
I worked at See's Candies for the seasonal position and it was a great experience. There were other seasonal employee's and they were all so welcoming.
Depends on Mangement
Assistant Manager, Keyholder (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCJanuary 1, 2017
Our Overseer would often mess up our payment causing it to be late. Each time she just said sorry and expected workers to keep working. Short staffed with long hours.
Pros
candy
It's candy.
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaDecember 27, 2016
A typical day includes multiple phone calls from customers wishing to place orders to send candy to relatives and friends. Some orders are large and some are small. I have learned to be patient because most of the customers are senior citizens and may be hard of hearing. My co-workers are friendly and willing to help. The hardest part is talking to someone who may be upset but you push through it and try to put yourself in their place. The most enjoyable is being able to place the order quickly and knowing the customer is satisfied with the work you've done.
Pros
free candy everyday.
Cons
gaining weight
Fun, great employees
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, CADecember 25, 2016
I enjoyed the experience as a seasonal worker there, kind staff, good benefits and family oriented atmosphere with great customers
Pros
Free chocolates, good benefits
Cons
Short hours
Fun enviroment
Manager (Current Employee) –  Aventura, FLDecember 17, 2016
Interacting with guest, lots of paperwork, stocking, inventory. Best part of the day is sampling the chocolate (best chocolate ever). They do give employee discounts
Pros
Weekly contest to win chocolate, pay is good
Cons
seasonal
Ok
Customer Service Rep/Shop Operations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Culver City, CADecember 6, 2016
Its ok. You get to eat all the candy why you there. 9am start time is great. Friendly people. Drive is not so great if youdont live in the los angeles area. La Cienega really gets backes up
Cons
Work holidays
sees
Store Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sacramento County, CANovember 10, 2016
This was my first job the staff is super friendly. Very helpful. Only thing I did not like was the horrible uniforms and the stockings. I would work there again.