See's Candies Employer Reviews

Temp job
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Beaverton, ORNovember 23, 2014
Pros: good managers
Cons: temporary and stressful
Work with great group of people. Customers can be nice or snotty there is no in between
Excellent work environment, who wouldn't want to sell chocolates?
Sales Clerk (Former Employee), San Mateo, CANovember 13, 2014
Pros: all you can eat candy when on break.
Cons: no real cons.
Most fun part of the job was packing custom boxes of chocolate for customers. Other than that it was just ringing up sales and restocking chocolate when it ran out.
Productive and fun place to work with all you can eat chocolate!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Stockton, CAOctober 9, 2014
Pros: abundant health insurance, vacations, and sick pay
Cons: strict dress code, insufficent help, and lack of product
Open the store and wait for the influx of customers. Check product and stock as needed. Clean cases of chocolates, ring up customers, check inventory and order as needed. Wrap gift baskets and close the store. Balance registers and leave store.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Downers Grove, ILSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: fun work environment with good management
Cons: heavy workload as opener/closer with same pay rate as those with less responsibilities.
As an employee of See's Candies, one learns a variety of useful skills. A typical day at work as a Sales Associate consisted of maintaining the store, customer interaction, sales, stocking, opening/closing, cash handling, and other various retail necessities. The management team which I worked under, not only taught me valuable lessons in time management – more... and efficiency, but great customer service skills as well as sales techniques. One of the more difficult parts of the job was taking manual inventories. This required lots of detail and entering in the information required a program which ran MS-DOS. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to eat the Candy we sold, as this helped us learn each unique piece to help describe it to our customers. The work environment was fast paced and friendly, as we were selling chocolate to happy customers 99% of the time. The only issue I had with this company was the raise system/hierarchy system in place. Raises were awarded on time served not necessarily merit based. Those who were asked to complete more, and difficult tasks were compensated to the same degree as those with far less duties and responsibilities. – less
Fun place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee), Tucson, AZSeptember 23, 2014
helping others.
Having good communication skills.
Greet Customers.
Coverage for staff.
Cash handling.
Cost Cutting Company that doesnt focus on company culture
Coordinator (Former Employee), San FranciscoSeptember 6, 2014
Pros: free candy
Company has been around since 1921. Used daily system created in 1987. Order management system with many glitches. Rare opportunities for advancement.
Enjoyable coworkers edidble products
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Frisco, TXJuly 8, 2014
Great job to have for anyone even with potential of a long term career.
Mom & pop company
Office Operations/Customer Service Rep (Current Employee), Carson, CAJuly 1, 2014
small time company, that turned into a huge candy distributor. management works well with staff.
Typical seasonal job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Fairfax, VAJune 28, 2014
Good job, selling awesome candy. A lot of standing on your feet (as expected in retail)
One of my favoirt jobs best experience ever love going back for the holidays.
Sales Associate, Cashier (Former Employee), Glendale, CAJune 26, 2014
A typical day here was welcome costumers to the store and help them pack a box of chocolate. Co-workers were very helpful and cheerful. The hardest part of the job was the holidays.
I love this company and its products!
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Glendale, CAJune 14, 2014
I love this company and the people I worked with. Not only was the position good, the products were even better,
Clerk/Cashier (Current Employee), Fresno, CAJune 11, 2014
Pros: great benefits/pay.
Cons: not always a lot of hours available in summer.
Stress free job, easy fast paced environment that is friendly and pays well.
Productive and fun workplace
Seasonal Sales Associate (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAJune 2, 2014
Pros: free chocolates
Cons: few work hours
I really enjoy working for See's because its offers me many valuable work experience I know will be useful to future employers. A typical day at work consisted of a variety of tasks such as stocking, arranging displays, labeling products, sales and operating a cash register. The major responsibility was to sale and provide outstanding customer service – more... which I really enjoy. The hardest part of the job was handling cash due to the need to work fast paced it required extra attention and that caused a little stress. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was working with people and being able to help the customers because I enjoy customer service with a passion. Also, the company provided free chocolates which was another enjoyable perk at this job. Overall a new skill I learned is to operate a cash register. – less
yummy!
Assist and interact (Former Employee), Salinas, CAApril 22, 2014
asst guest with thier orders and let them enjoy samples of different candies we supply.
Customer Service Representative (Seasonal) (Former Employee), Anaheim, CAApril 10, 2014
- Excellent weekly meeting with management
- learned excellent customer service
- most enjoyable part of the joy was meeting the weekly quote, every week.
See's is a wonderful Company
Customer service (Current Employee), Woodland Hills, CAMarch 25, 2014
Pros: environment, candy samples
Cons: lack of hours
I have had such a positive work experience with this company. The management is friendly and driven. The old timey atmosphere is pleasant. And lets face it, it's chocolate... yum! Our daily routine starts with exercises, then stocking the floor, cleaning, opening cash registers, sample chocolate to customers, create custom boxes of candy, weight it, – more... wrap it, and charge the customer at the register. – less
Productive and fun place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Schaumburg IllinoisFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: fun work invironment
Cons: not enough work hours
Progressive company with wonderful benefits and a great work culture. Hard working employees with a good management team. Product base exceptional, a leader in their industry.
good pay
Assistant Team Lead/Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Hoover, ALFebruary 3, 2014
pay was excellent management sucked i would work there again only if we get a different team leader
Great company and free chocolate
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COFebruary 2, 2014
Pros: free chocolate while on duty, good hours, happy customers
Cons: hard to make it make it to full time
Days run very smoothly with a scheduled day as well as structured workflow. Most customers are very happy. Not many workplace problems. Good pay.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Fresno, CAJanuary 29, 2014
The company is great, but has some flaws. They don't value the opinion of the employees. They make it very difficult to advance, even with their best employees. The company made over $350 MM gross profit in 2011, yet use the most dated equipment available.

1 2 3 4

About See's Candies

One suspects that investment guru and billionaire Warren Buffett has a sweet tooth. If we're correct, he knows that See's Candies – Read more