See's Candies

See's Candies Employee Reviews

Great seasonal job
Customer Service Lead (Former Employee), Carson, CAJuly 2, 2015
Great company but no opportunity for growth and increased pay.
Worked there for 5 years and was promoted to a Customer Service Lead but my pay was not increased.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Newton, MAJune 27, 2015
Pros: Free samples, free candy, multiple breaks
At my time at See's Candies as a seasonal employee, I learned a great deal about communicating efficiently with customers and employers. Two of the most important things I learned more about how to use the register (i.e. refunds, returns, errors, etc), and how to work effectively under pressure.
A typical day at work included stocking shelves, handing out free samples, helping customers find their desired product while informing them of the contents, and tending to the cash register.
Management was very professional, understanding, flexible, friendly, and supporting.
My co-workers were all incredibly kind and welcoming. We were all more than happy to assist one another if help was needed.
The hard part of the job was attempting to get someone to cover a shift.
The most enjoyable part of working at See's Candies was having the co-workers that I had, the ability the brighten somebody else's day by helping them and making a small conversation with them.
BEST of the BEST
Clerk (Current Employee), Chico, CAJune 24, 2015
Great place to work. Good people. Lots of Fun. Most enjoyable part of the job is the people you meet and the nice environment you work in.
customer service
Sales Associate (Seasonal) (Current Employee), modesto, caMay 18, 2015
Pros: all the chocolate you can eat
Cons: seasonal
who doesnt love chocolate. during the season store is very busy hardest part of the job is to service customers because the line is out the door and even though you give out chocolate people can still be in bad moods..
Very fun environment. The day always goes smoothly
Sales Associate/Key Holder (Current Employee), Dunwoody, GAApril 20, 2015
Pros: Free candy to take home
The management team is awesome! They're very understanding. A typical work day at See's is pretty smooth. Customers know exactly what it is they're looking for and always share great stories. I enjoy every bit of this job.
fun place to work at with really nice managers
Seasonal Sales Associate (Current Employee), Lafayette, CAApril 8, 2015
Costumers come in with smiles on their faces because they're getting their see's chocolate, no one is really ever frowning. Managers and co-workers are really nice, sweet and are willing to help when you need one. I learned more on how to have good teamwork specially when we have a lot of costumers on occasions/holidays and to treat costumers like the company depends on them--- because it does.

Nothings is really "difficult" on this job compared to my previous jobs. the only time you need to pick up your pace is when there's a long line of costumers asking to have a custom made box of chocolates, But other than that everything is pretty easy, doable and working at see's is so much fun.
AWESOME
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Riverside, CAApril 8, 2015
Pros: free candy
I loved this job. All the coworkers were amazing and the management was amazing as well. They constantly worked with my schedule as a new mom.
Such a great company!
Sales Associate (Current Employee), San Jose, CAMarch 28, 2015
Pros: managers, free candy, environment, good training
Cons: hours, moving up in the company.
This job has truly been such a rare find! My manager is one of a kind! She is a true lead by example! My district manager is involved with not only the managers, but with the sales associates. The district manager takes the time to ensure her sales associates are happy. When she goes to the shops and they need help on the floor she gets to it and helps out! So rare that you find that with companies these days. They also have great pay, which couldn't hurt.
A Stable Company
Store Manager (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAMarch 18, 2015
Benefits and job security are what this business has to offer. The people you work with are generally decent and customer service personalities. This is not the company to join if you are looking for advancement opportunities.
location influenced how much I liked the job
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee), King of Prussia, PAFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: chill atmosphere
Cons: lack of product knowledge
During Christmas there were two See's Candies kiosks at different sides of the mall. The location I was at during Christmas was in the hallway but right in front of a giant Christmas Tree. It was cozy and there wasn't an overload of traffic. However during the Valentine's season, the only kiosk that was open was on the other side, which is just in the middle of a busy hallway. It just wasn't as comfortable. My manager was nice, I never really had a problem with coworkers, and the job isn't that stressful because most of the clientele are happy you are even there. Plus with a limited selection of items (at Seasonal Gift Centers like mine) and their prices right next to them, there really isn't any, "That's not what the sign said" type situations. My least favorite part of the job was sampling, but that's just me. Maybe someone else would enjoy that. Another thing I didn't like was not having enough knowledge about products. The insides of the assortments don't say what each item is like other places. I didn't like not knowing what was in each box. I personally liked the stocking/keeping things looking nice part of the job the most, but helping people figure out what they want was likable too.
free candy, good wage
Stock Clerk/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Stanford, CAFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: good pay, free candy, great people
Cons: no benefits, mostly seasonal
fun to work here good money for the job. If you are a guy then chances are you will be doing the stock room but this job makes good money compared to any job of its type. Everyone is friendly and you can eat all the candy you want. The hardest part of the job is to see the unsold candy get thrown away.
Fun andProductive work place
Team Leader (Former Employee), Willow Grove, PA/ King of PrussiaFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: awwesome job, greatdiscounts, awesome pay
Cons: only seasonal
a typical day at work would be a fun day with awesome customers.. Sampling candy and getting the opinion of the customer . i learned how time manage my staff
Productive and on your feet the entire shift
Quality Assurance Inspector (Former Employee), Carson, CAFebruary 11, 2015
Regularly check and test samples of product while upholding quality and safety standards. Record all spec/test carried out paying attention to detail. Tact and discretion to point out problems to production workers. The position is easy and fun. The most enjoyable part was interacting with production workers and the smell of chocolate surrounding us.
Great company to work for!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Modesto, CAFebruary 2, 2015
Great job that gave me many management skills. Greatest product ever! Awesome customers and co-workers. I worked for the company over 21 years.
it is an ok place to work.
Senior Customer Account Representative (Former Employee), Carson, CAJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: the training is really well done.
Cons: the pay is not too good.
I really enjoyed the fact that I was a part of the See's tradition. Just saying that I worked there meant that I was a part of a company. The managers are really nice.
Uplifting, comfortable work enviorment. Amazing co-workers and customers
Sales Associate/Cashier -1 (Current Employee), Fresno, CAJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: great staff, free candy at work only, easy-going
Cons: not enough hours, small checks
This job is by far my favorite. I love everything about the store, products and staff. Very comfortable and satisfying work place. I gained more customer service skills and can speak to the general public in a professional yet friendly manner. My co-workers great people and working as a team is our priority. Never leave anyone behind kind of environment. The most difficult part was being short staffed during rush hour but once we got a system going it was perfect. If I could stay on full-time I would but unfortunately, I was only hired as a seasonal employee.
Productive work environment with free candy benefits
Seasonal Stock Clerk/Sales Associate (Current Employee), San Leandro, CAJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: free and discounted candy
Cons: no benefits for seasonal workers
Day to day interactions with customers is always great, free candy samples during breaks and lunches. Management is very feasible with hours and time off even during the holiday rushes. Loading customer orders might take place in the rain.
Holiday Gift Center
Assistant Team Leader (Current Employee), Fairfax, VAJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: decent starting pay
Cons: low hours
Great job, fun people, hardest part is finding reliable team members since the job is seasonal, corporate is somewhat difficult to deal with during extended season,
Such an amazing first job
Associate (Former Employee), Modesto, CAJanuary 13, 2015
I love this place till the end. It was such an amazing first job, it taught me a lot about the working world. My coworkers taught me about how to work in a fast paced environment, how to stock, and how to deal with customers.
At ease environment with beautiful mountain view.
Sales associate (Former Employee), Palm Springs, CAJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: all the chocolate you could eat.
Cons: short breaks
Every day I walked in to the shop I was greeted not only by the staff but as well as the warm welcoming smell of the best chocolate to be consumed. Every one loved being part of the team they were always excited to refill stock and open up shop. Management did everything they could do to make sure you were comfortable and at ease. There was never one day I wasn't enthused about going to work.The only part of the job I did not like were the heinous 1920's style dresses and stockings,but that was not all that much of a setback considering the sun was always shinning and the customers were always excited to be step foot in the door and see what samples we had for the day.

1 2 3 4 5

About See's Candies

One suspects that investment guru and billionaire Warren Buffett has a sweet tooth. If we're correct, he knows that See's Candies – Read more

See's Candies Salaries