See's Candies

See's Candies Employee Reviews

very nice enviorment
Clerk/cashier (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 3, 2016
Overall nice company to work for the smell of the candy is a perk into its self only drawback is the extremely high pace during the holidays.
Pros
free candy
Cons
fast pace during the holidays
Fun Work Place
Mail Order Processor (Former Employee) –  Carson, CAJanuary 26, 2016
Very busy, lots of customers and crazy hours, Work area is great, coworkers and management are great. Good environment to work in.
See's People
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  El Centro, CANovember 16, 2015
Everyone on the staff is nice, helpful, encouraging, and fun to be around from the ones I met so far. Sometimes the work is hectic when there's a lot of customers at once, but usually there's backup.
Pros
Awesome atmosphere
Cons
No See's Candies store in El Centro
Used to be an employee
Cashier/Customer Service/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Manhattan Beach, CANovember 6, 2015
I worked hard and was regularly called in on my days off. I learned that it takes many people to provide the experience a business wants to give to their shoppers.
I knew my co-worker's names, but most of the time I spoke with the shoppers about the candy. I kept to myself so I could be knowledgeable about the products and prices. I loved the candy and that made the work easy for me.
Some days I worked over twelve hours. I was exhausted at the end of the day, but I was proud of myself. I worked one Christmas Eve. I came home, passed out on the couch during a family dinner, and woke up to realize I had the flu.
I left due to working hard and being twice overlooked for a permanent position.
Pros
Pays well
Cons
Pushed to sell the Feature of the Day, nepotism
Fun and enjoyable place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Citrus Heights, CAOctober 27, 2015
I am a seasonal employee, and I love working here for the various holidays. The customers are amazing, the chocolate is to die for, and I will probably continue coming back every holiday until they won't let me anymore. I love the management here, and everyone genuinely cares about the products here.
Fast-paced, need an eye for detailed, and must remember all chcolates
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Glendale CaOctober 23, 2015
A typical day for me starts an hour before opening, I currently am at a mall location. My day to day operations start off by, checking time cards for the previous day making sure my team has correctly punched in and out. I begin by looking over the sales floor making sure it is visually sound and we are ready for an opening. I look the previous day sales for any losses or gains which will determine the rest of my week and the Goal to be set for that day. I create a sales log for the team and I to go over once they walk in for their shifts. There are lots of operations that go into our business because of the amount of chocolates being sold. We do lots of sampling, and breaking down bulk. I did have to learn and remember about 95 pieces of chocolates by name and ingredients. The greatest part of my role as a leader for See's Candies is that this business is mainly built of customer satisfactions and creating a memorable moment for this customer or in some cases bringing back good memories to customers that have been shopping with us in the past.
Pros
Customer satisfaction, creating memories, salary is great.
Cons
Not much support from upper management, Operationally as a company they have no metrics in place, Computer Systems are new to the company, Constant break downs of chocolates.
Family-oriented
SEASONAL TEAM ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 10, 2015
It was a family- oriented environment me for me at See's Candies. It was also a fast paced environment. We had to work as a team.
Pros
Co-workers were friendly and helpful.
Cons
Mininum wage and short training
yummy candy
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Downey, CAOctober 9, 2015
everyday I was allowed to test the candy to learning about the product. most people were really happy to be receiving candy while others just wanted to get it and go.
Pros
free candy
Cons
not enough hours
best job ever
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAOctober 4, 2015
everyone is amazing her best first job ever wish i still worked here, work pace is kind of slow but in the right season you are so busy
Decent place to work with free candy
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WASeptember 21, 2015
It was an alright place to work, with good coworkers. Free samples while you are in store, and $2 off per lb when you buy in bulk

Want to know more about See's Candies?

Ask a question
Good job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 8, 2015
I like working here. Its easy and my coworkers are fun. The customers can be REALLY hard to deal with a lot of times. Easy to get hours if I just asked for them and easy to cut back hours if I ask for that. Easiest part of the job is Mondays and Tuesdays. Usually pretty slow so you can get a lot done.
Benefits
Cons
They take FOREVER to set in
See's is a wonderful company
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  North Hills, CAJuly 27, 2015
I have so much fun working here. The workers are all so sweet. Its definitely a family orientated job.
A day going to work is fun, I always get excited. Customers are awesome.
fun work place, eat all you can of their best gourmet candy
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Carson, CAJuly 6, 2015
In a call center environment I receive incoming calls for order purchases, data entry via computer software program, track orders via UPS, complete purchases using credit cards/checks/gift certificates, up sale current promotions, Resolve customer complaints, taste test new candy products and provide feedback, provide quality customer service.
Pros
Eat all the candy you want
Cons
Seasonal postion
Great seasonal job
Customer Service Lead (Former Employee) –  Carson, CAJuly 2, 2015
Great company but no opportunity for growth and increased pay.
Worked there for 5 years and was promoted to a Customer Service Lead but my pay was not increased.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Newton, MAJune 27, 2015
At my time at See's Candies as a seasonal employee, I learned a great deal about communicating efficiently with customers and employers. Two of the most important things I learned more about how to use the register (i.e. refunds, returns, errors, etc), and how to work effectively under pressure.
A typical day at work included stocking shelves, handing out free samples, helping customers find their desired product while informing them of the contents, and tending to the cash register.
Management was very professional, understanding, flexible, friendly, and supporting.
My co-workers were all incredibly kind and welcoming. We were all more than happy to assist one another if help was needed.
The hard part of the job was attempting to get someone to cover a shift.
The most enjoyable part of working at See's Candies was having the co-workers that I had, the ability the brighten somebody else's day by helping them and making a small conversation with them.
Pros
Free samples, free candy, multiple breaks
BEST of the BEST
Clerk (Current Employee) –  Chico, CAJune 24, 2015
Great place to work. Good people. Lots of Fun. Most enjoyable part of the job is the people you meet and the nice environment you work in.
customer service
Sales Associate (Seasonal) (Current Employee) –  modesto, caMay 18, 2015
who doesnt love chocolate. during the season store is very busy hardest part of the job is to service customers because the line is out the door and even though you give out chocolate people can still be in bad moods..
Pros
all the chocolate you can eat
Cons
seasonal
Very fun environment. The day always goes smoothly
Sales Associate/Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Dunwoody, GAApril 20, 2015
The management team is awesome! They're very understanding. A typical work day at See's is pretty smooth. Customers know exactly what it is they're looking for and always share great stories. I enjoy every bit of this job.
Pros
Free candy to take home
fun place to work at with really nice managers
Seasonal Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, CAApril 8, 2015
Costumers come in with smiles on their faces because they're getting their see's chocolate, no one is really ever frowning. Managers and co-workers are really nice, sweet and are willing to help when you need one. I learned more on how to have good teamwork specially when we have a lot of costumers on occasions/holidays and to treat costumers like the company depends on them--- because it does.

Nothings is really "difficult" on this job compared to my previous jobs. the only time you need to pick up your pace is when there's a long line of costumers asking to have a custom made box of chocolates, But other than that everything is pretty easy, doable and working at see's is so much fun.
Awesome
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAApril 8, 2015
I loved this job. All the coworkers were amazing and the management was amazing as well. They constantly worked with my schedule as a new mom.
Pros
free candy

4.5