See's Candies Employee Reviews in United States

Great start off pay. Free chocolate while you work.
Sales Associate/Stocker (Former Employee) –  West Los Angeles, CADecember 13, 2012
I loved working here. The start off pay was great and I received a raise after only 6 months. This was a seasonal position and there was never any down time. It was always packed with a line out the door or longer. My co-workers were great and the manager was an older lady that looked just like Mary See. Favorite job I have ever had.
Pros
lots of free chocolate. and great employee discounts.
Cons
long hours standing.
See's Candies
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILSeptember 23, 2014
As an employee of See's Candies, one learns a variety of useful skills. A typical day at work as a Sales Associate consisted of maintaining the store, customer interaction, sales, stocking, opening/closing, cash handling, and other various retail necessities. The management team which I worked under, not only taught me valuable lessons in time management and efficiency, but great customer service skills as well as sales techniques. One of the more difficult parts of the job was taking manual inventories. This required lots of detail and entering in the information required a program which ran MS-DOS. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to eat the Candy we sold, as this helped us learn each unique piece to help describe it to our customers. The work environment was fast paced and friendly, as we were selling chocolate to happy customers 99% of the time. The only issue I had with this company was the raise system/hierarchy system in place. Raises were awarded on time served not necessarily merit based. Those who were asked to complete more, and difficult tasks were compensated to the same degree as those with far less duties and responsibilities.
Pros
fun work environment with good management
Cons
heavy workload as opener/closer with same pay rate as those with less responsibilities.
fun work place, eat all you can of their best gourmet candy
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Carson, CAJuly 6, 2015
In a call center environment I receive incoming calls for order purchases, data entry via computer software program, track orders via UPS, complete purchases using credit cards/checks/gift certificates, up sale current promotions, Resolve customer complaints, taste test new candy products and provide feedback, provide quality customer service.
Pros
Eat all the candy you want
Cons
Seasonal postion
Working for See's
Associate (Current Employee) –  Friendswood, TXNovember 16, 2013
I worked at See's since it opened in October 2012, there were periods when I don't work for weeks but I do enjoy it. My co-workers were great, kind and helpful. My managers were real and understanding, there was no misunderstanding, no drama. The district manager was difficult to please and I am constantly misunderstood (He probably thinks I am a dumb worker). Nevertheless, I worked hard and focused on my studies. I'm never out to cause problems for anyone. Slowly my wonderful co-workers slowly left See's. But again I do not hate it, no work place is perfect anyways. However a new manager is hired. the first few weeks working along side with the new manager was great, everything was problem-free. But underneath the smile was hatred. I am constantly undermined, my employment was on very thin ice. I'm constantly in fear of getting fired and I don't know why.
Pros
all you can eat see's candies
Cons
management, old school cash registers, rude picky customers, retail
Good job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 8, 2015
I like working here. Its easy and my coworkers are fun. The customers can be REALLY hard to deal with a lot of times. Easy to get hours if I just asked for them and easy to cut back hours if I ask for that. Easiest part of the job is Mondays and Tuesdays. Usually pretty slow so you can get a lot done.
Benefits
Cons
They take FOREVER to set in
See's People
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  El Centro, CANovember 16, 2015
Everyone on the staff is nice, helpful, encouraging, and fun to be around from the ones I met so far. Sometimes the work is hectic when there's a lot of customers at once, but usually there's backup.
Pros
Awesome atmosphere
Cons
No See's Candies store in El Centro
A Stable Company
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 18, 2015
Benefits and job security are what this business has to offer. The people you work with are generally decent and customer service personalities. This is not the company to join if you are looking for advancement opportunities.
Productive work environment with free candy benefits
Seasonal Stock Clerk/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  San Leandro, CAJanuary 25, 2015
Day to day interactions with customers is always great, free candy samples during breaks and lunches. Management is very feasible with hours and time off even during the holiday rushes. Loading customer orders might take place in the rain.
Pros
free and discounted candy
Cons
no benefits for seasonal workers
Productive and fun place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg IllinoisFebruary 6, 2014
Progressive company with wonderful benefits and a great work culture. Hard working employees with a good management team. Product base exceptional, a leader in their industry.
Pros
fun work invironment
Cons
not enough work hours
At ease environment with beautiful mountain view.
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAJanuary 13, 2015
Every day I walked in to the shop I was greeted not only by the staff but as well as the warm welcoming smell of the best chocolate to be consumed. Every one loved being part of the team they were always excited to refill stock and open up shop. Management did everything they could do to make sure you were comfortable and at ease. There was never one day I wasn't enthused about going to work.The only part of the job I did not like were the heinous 1920's style dresses and stockings,but that was not all that much of a setback considering the sun was always shinning and the customers were always excited to be step foot in the door and see what samples we had for the day.
Pros
all the chocolate you could eat.
Cons
short breaks
Family-oriented
SEASONAL TEAM ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 10, 2015
It was a family- oriented environment me for me at See's Candies. It was also a fast paced environment. We had to work as a team.
Pros
Co-workers were friendly and helpful.
Cons
Mininum wage and short training
yummy candy
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Downey, CAOctober 9, 2015
everyday I was allowed to test the candy to learning about the product. most people were really happy to be receiving candy while others just wanted to get it and go.
Pros
free candy
Cons
not enough hours
Very fun environment. The day always goes smoothly
Sales Associate/Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Dunwoody, GAApril 20, 2015
The management team is awesome! They're very understanding. A typical work day at See's is pretty smooth. Customers know exactly what it is they're looking for and always share great stories. I enjoy every bit of this job.
Pros
Free candy to take home
best job ever
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAOctober 4, 2015
everyone is amazing her best first job ever wish i still worked here, work pace is kind of slow but in the right season you are so busy
Friendly and sweet place
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  South San Francisco, CANovember 21, 2013
Here at see's candies I have never had a rude customer and all the customers that walk in were already normal customers. Everyone is always in a positive mood with smiles on their faces. I've learned at this particular job how to make large orders for organizations or companies. The management was friendly and joyable to work with. There really wasn't anything difficult about the job besides learning the names of all the chocolates. The most enjoyable part of this job was learning each chocolate for their own unique taste. The looks on customers faces when they come in to get their favorite chocolates and especially when they come in to get chocolate boxes for their loved ones!!
Pros
eat all the chocolate you want, we got to communicate and get to know our customers
Cons
not healthy
Cost Cutting Company that doesnt focus on company culture
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San FranciscoSeptember 6, 2014
Company has been around since 1921. Used daily system created in 1987. Order management system with many glitches. Rare opportunities for advancement.
Pros
free candy
Productive fast pace environment
Processing Clerk (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 13, 2014
I really enjoyed working for this company it was just short term for the Christmas Holidays.
Every day we would receive shipment from 10 to 50 boxes of store close paperwork for San Francisco, Los Angeles, and Holiday Gift Stores. The first thing I had to do was agree that UPS, Fed-Ex, USPS had delivered the correct mail. Then I would take a box cutter and cut the packing slip, pull out all contents and sort in date order separating the adjustment forms, credit card envelopes and other miscellaneous paperwork and forward to the correct department.

There was never a dull moment in this fast past environment.
Pros
free holiday lunches cooked by upper management.
Fast paced and fun working with candy
Cashier/Sales Support (Former Employee) –  Redlands, CAFebruary 20, 2013
Preparing custom made candy boxes for customers, providing efficient customer service, process all bank and register transactions. I learned different tastes of candies and how some can help with upset stomach..etc, Management was great, very understanding, lots of patience and went the extra mile for the team. All workers were very happy and friendly and will to lend an extra hand. The hardest part of my job was self control over eating lots of candy. The most enjoyable part is watching everyone leave happy with there favorite choices they selected.
Pros
free samples of candy all day
Cons
becoming addicted to see's candies
free candy, good wage
Stock Clerk/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Stanford, CAFebruary 20, 2015
fun to work here good money for the job. If you are a guy then chances are you will be doing the stock room but this job makes good money compared to any job of its type. Everyone is friendly and you can eat all the candy you want. The hardest part of the job is to see the unsold candy get thrown away.
Pros
good pay, free candy, great people
Cons
no benefits, mostly seasonal
fun place to work at with really nice managers
Seasonal Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, CAApril 8, 2015
Costumers come in with smiles on their faces because they're getting their see's chocolate, no one is really ever frowning. Managers and co-workers are really nice, sweet and are willing to help when you need one. I learned more on how to have good teamwork specially when we have a lot of costumers on occasions/holidays and to treat costumers like the company depends on them--- because it does.

Nothings is really "difficult" on this job compared to my previous jobs. the only time you need to pick up your pace is when there's a long line of costumers asking to have a custom made box of chocolates, But other than that everything is pretty easy, doable and working at see's is so much fun.

4.5