See's Candies Employee Reviews

Review Summary
Associate (Former Employee) –  Tustin, CASeptember 7, 2017
I highly enjoyed everyone I worked with while In the See;s Community. Everyone was so friendly and with enough time, covering shifts and getting time off was never a problem. I loved my corkers and management. Overall great place to work.
Great Seasonal Job
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 5, 2017
Loved my time at See's, working over 3 Christmas seasons. Had a great manager, regional manager, and had lot's of fun co-workers. Would do it again in a heartbeat!
productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Montebello, CAAugust 31, 2017
A typical day at work was always busy but I did not mind because the employees and managers there were fun and easy to work with. I learned what a fast-paced job was like and improved on my sales skills.
Balanced and Stressfree
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brea, CAAugust 28, 2017
A very welcoming atmosphere. Only encountered kindness from Customers and fellow Employees. Always provided help when needed. Management was great, nothing too unorganized even as the holidays approached.
Pros
discounts
Cons
N/a
great temp job
Product Consultant (Former Employee) –  Lake Oswego, ORAugust 16, 2017
first real job I had. fun place to work. was able to sample all the candies on break to be able to better sale them to customers. great job for a student, but a seasonal type job for the holidays. summer hour shortage due to consumers. great employees.
Pros
free samples
Cons
seasonal only postion
Not a bad place to work
Assitant Manager (Former Employee) –  Des Peres, MOAugust 16, 2017
The only disadvantage about the location I worked, is we had a kiosk and not a full fledged store. We were located inside a higher end mall but it was very slow and boring during the non-holiday seasons. The uniform was awful for women but I believe they have updated this after like 90 years. The benefits were really good and you got to eat as much candy as you want.
Pros
Fun envirnment and free candy
Cons
Uniform, boring
Amazing
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Westminster, CAAugust 14, 2017
I loved working with this company, they truly do care about their people. They did an amazing job at training new employees. Everyone was patient and kind. Such a great place to work!
Pros
Free candy, great pay, flexible schedule
Cons
N/a
fast pace and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 11, 2017
A typical day at See's Candies was always busy. I learned how to interact with customers and enjoy what I do. My managers and co-workers were incredible people. They were always polite and helpful. The hardest part of the job would probably have to be the amount of business we had but it was exciting and there was never a non-productive day and that's one of the many things I enjoyed about working at See's Candies
Fun seasonal job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sherman Oaks, CAAugust 8, 2017
I enjoyed working at See's Candies. Each day, after getting acquainted the first few weeks, each sales associate (the position I was in) was either on register, greeter, or on stock. There were two registers in the main store and one outside at the vendor (as this See's location was located in a mall). Register would include helping people with their purchase, and if you were in the main store and not in the vendor outside, you would have to assemble and package the customer's custom chocolate boxes, if they wanted to make their own. Outside at the vendor, you didn't assemble any chocolate boxes yourself as there was no room and the vendor is not equipped like the store. You would just help the customers with their purchase and hand out free samples to any one who seemed interested but was just passing by. The last thing you would do is stock the shelves. The greeters (who would be inside the main store) would greet the customers with a smile and handout free samples of chocolate, giving the customer a short and sweet description of what chocolate they were given. The stockers would restock the shelves and make trips back and forth from the store to the storage area.
Pros
Fun environment, good pay, nice coworkers and managers
Cons
Stressful during the holidays, gift wrapping is tough
very fast pace environment
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Carson, CAAugust 6, 2017
A fast pace environment to were you are required to keep up with packing, stoking up pallets, weighing chocolate products, fulfill special orders. Be placed in any department that needs assistance.
Pros
you can eat chocolate as long as it within the facility
Cons
cross your finger to find a kind co-worker when you join the company
Fun, friendly environment, but job security is scarce.
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAJuly 21, 2017
I absolutely loved working for See's Candies. I worked at a quantity discount store in Torrance, California. The management was very helpful and friendly bunch, had absolutely no issues with ANYONE working there. Very kind, helpful environment with a willingness to make sure you learn and aren't stuck not knowing what to do. The training was more than adequate, you knew exactly what to do and weren't just thrown out to the wolves. I worked as a part-time seasonal employee and I absolutely loved life working at See's, I had time to spend quality time with family and friends while working there, as well they work around your school schedule! The management made sure you always took your legally required breaks and lunch (if you worked more than 5 hours) so you never had to worry about mistreatment by way of not getting proper break times or not getting breaks at all. Woking at See's I guarantee friends will be made along the way which made the lay off process even harder.

Everything is pretty much superb about working at See's and the company in general. The only thing that turned me off was the fact that the company kept me, a seasonal employee, for just over 6 months and then abruptly one day just let me go with no warning or any sort of closure. That was it, I was just gone. I understand I'm a seasonal employee and should expect that, however as fellow seasonal coworkers were being let go after 1-2 months and I was remaining it really got my hopes up. The management trained me, a seasonal employee to count money from the registers at the end of the day which to me was a
  more... clear indication my work was above par and they sought to keep me but in the end it clearly was not.  less
Pros
Free Candy, adequate lunch/break area, designated smoking area, locker to store your things, friendly environment, adequate training
Cons
Very low possibility of moving up in the company
Sales
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILJuly 20, 2017
Giving out samples, checking people out always on your feet. Customer interaction. A lot of times its just you and the customer no other employee, most be familiar with register.
Pros
Picking out Samples
Cons
On your feet
fun workplace with great people
coustomer service (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 20, 2017
This was my first job and it taught me a lot about shipping and receiving . working with inventory and separating product . picking and pulling . stocking and customer service
Pros
free food
Cons
pay rate
Fun first job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Glendora, CAJuly 19, 2017
Excellent first job, amazing customers always walking in, people always come in and leave happy, stocking candies welcoming people making boxes as quickly as possible is a fun job
Great company, but no growth
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, WAJuly 11, 2017
Amazing company, great atmosphere, flexibility, benefits. Always short on employee hours, little room to grow with company due to tenure and no new opening or positions.
Pros
Flexibility, atmosphere
Cons
Growth, Wages
Chocolate Lovers, Welcome
Sales Team Member (Former Employee) –  Simi Valley, CAJuly 5, 2017
My grandmother actually got me to apply for this job since she had worked for them when she in high school and truly loved it. It was certainly different in terms of how fast-paced it was, but the chocolate is totally worth it. You gotta know your chocolates to work here, but it's fun half the time just to say the names and brag about your favorite candy. The managers were very sweet at the location I worked and always willing to hear my concerns. The uniform hasn't changed since they opened their first store, but I think it's pretty cute, even though I'm not too big into dresses. Probably the toughest part of it all was during the Holiday season with ten customers wanting to get custom boxes at the same time. The long hours on your feet are a bit of a struggle too, but the free chocolate is always worth it. Would definitely recommend a friend.
Pros
Free chocolate samples, discounts
Cons
Extended time on feet
Nice coworkers, calming environment, can eat chocolate for free
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Corte Madera, CAJuly 3, 2017
It was a nice, low stress job that is comprised of relatively simple tasks. Unloading 20 pound boxes was the only physical part. The free chocolate is great, as well as the coworkers and the atmosphere. Everyone seems happy to be there.
Pros
20% off chocolate, free chocolate when you're working.
Fun and rewarding environment
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJune 28, 2017
On a typical day working at See's, we would go through the store helping customers, rotating stock and product, making and filling customer orders, replace and make products on the floor, answer questions, and overall maintain a clean working environment. I learned how to work quickly and efficiently while maintaining good customer service habits. Working with fun and energetic people as well as meeting new and interesting people was the best part of the job.
A good day meeting different people and seeing different faces
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAJune 12, 2017
i made 9 dollars per hour i was working part time and it was a temporary position for the christmas season. It was a quite clean area they kept everything sanitized for the customers. they gave out free chocolates. They let eat chocolate as we work
Got to eat chocolate
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAJune 12, 2017
I watched over others and closed out at the end of the day. Since it was only a seasonal kiosk in the mall, the inventory that I had to count out every other day was small and cluttered. Long work hours and a lot of standing. Manager at the time was all over the place. Sometimes we got free candy, but no discount.
Pros
Free, cheap candy
Cons
No discounts, long hours, lots of standing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at See's Candies. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4