See's Candies

See's Candies Employer Reviews

Fun, Upbeat work place
Cashier (Former Employee), West Covina, CADecember 16, 2013
Pros: upbeat
A typical day would be open shop make sure all shelfs were stocked. Great and assist all customers, cash customers out, place phone orders and onlimne orders.
Fun and up beat
Sales/Cashier (Former Employee), Granada Hills, CADecember 12, 2013
Pros: free candy sampling
Cons: leaving
loved working here always fun and new faces coming in to get free candy samples.
FRIENDLY AND SWEET PLACE
CASHIER (Former Employee), South San Francisco, CANovember 21, 2013
Pros: eat all the chocolate you want, we got to communicate and get to know our customers
Cons: not healthy
HERE AT SEE'S CANDIES I HAVE NEVER HAD A RUDE CUSTOMER AND ALL THE CUSTOMERS THAT WALK IN WERE ALREADY NORMAL CUSTOMERS. EVERYONE IS ALWAYS IN A POSITIVE MOOD WITH SMILES ON THEIR FACES. I'VE LEARNED AT THIS PARTICULAR JOB HOW TO MAKE LARGE ORDERS FOR ORGANIZATIONS OR COMPANIES. THE MANAGEMENT WAS FRIENDLY AND JOYABLE TO WORK WITH. THERE REALLY WASN'T – more... ANYTHING DIFFICULT ABOUT THE JOB BESIDES LEARNING THE NAMES OF ALL THE CHOCOLATES. THE MOST ENJOYABLE PART OF THIS JOB WAS LEARNING EACH CHOCOLATE FOR THEIR OWN UNIQUE TASTE. THE LOOKS ON CUSTOMERS FACES WHEN THEY COME IN TO GET THEIR FAVORITE CHOCOLATES AND ESPECIALLY WHEN THEY COME IN TO GET CHOCOLATE BOXES FOR THEIR LOVED ONES!! – less
Working for See's
Associate (Current Employee), Friendswood, TXNovember 16, 2013
Pros: all you can eat see's candies
Cons: management, old school cash registers, rude picky customers, retail
I worked at See's since it opened in October 2012, there were periods when I don't work for weeks but I do enjoy it. My co-workers were great, kind and helpful. My managers were real and understanding, there was no misunderstanding, no drama. The district manager was difficult to please and I am constantly misunderstood (He probably thinks I am a dumb – more... worker). Nevertheless, I worked hard and focused on my studies. I'm never out to cause problems for anyone. Slowly my wonderful co-workers slowly left See's. But again I do not hate it, no work place is perfect anyways. However a new manager is hired. the first few weeks working along side with the new manager was great, everything was problem-free. But underneath the smile was hatred. I am constantly undermined, my employment was on very thin ice. I'm constantly in fear of getting fired and I don't know why. – less
Fun, productive
Sales representative (Former Employee), Reseda, CaNovember 11, 2013
Pros: you are around chocolate all day!
Cons: you want to eat all of the chocolate.
Loved it here! Stayed busy, lots of customers, learned new things and got to try any candy.
productive and fun
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Springfield, MONovember 1, 2013
Pros: 1 half hour break and 2 paid fifteen minute breaks
Cons: not great job security
I really enjoyed working there. Nice people and a relatively easy place.
Customer service oriented
Seasonal Clerk (Former Employee), Corona del Mar, CAOctober 25, 2013
Pros: when your on your game everyone knows you are par with customers and your duties
Cons: angry customers, random problems, safety
When i have been on the job performing certain tasks i tend to customers on first priority, take care of other job duties, and cleanliness of the area. When dealing with food you have to tend to proper temperature and proper time stored. Proper cleaning of equipment and and top notch customer service.
fun clean work area
Store Manager (Former Employee), Menlo Park, NJOctober 5, 2013
Pros: well organized and fun.
Great job , very good environment for all levels.seasonal job
Great and enjoy with the teamwork.
Receiving- Seasonal Employment (Former Employee), Brisbane, CAAugust 21, 2013
Responsible for receiving; Organized received shipments (Store Orders/Receipts/Credit Card Receipts and Gift Cards) to be processed. Organized and sorted credit card receipts, attached a summary report to each envelope, filed receipts accordingly. Sorted these envelopes in alphabetical order according to shop name and location, filed the envelopes in – more... chronological order. – less
Best Job EVER!!!!
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Arcadia, CAAugust 19, 2013
Pros: learning new skills
Cons: not being able to stay loner to make it a life time career.
THE DRY CLEANNERS WAS MY FIRST JOB, AND THE BEST, I WAS SAD IT WENT OUT OF BUSINESS. A DAY AT WORK THERE WAS AMAZING, LIKE A LITTLE FAMILY. MY FAVORITE PART WAS PUTTING CLOTHES IN NUMERICAL ORDER, AND BEING ARROUND THE CUSTOMERS, THEY MADE THE BUSINESS HAPPEN.
Not always perfect
Associate (Current Employee), Northbrook, ILAugust 13, 2013
Pros: candy, coworkers, store itself
Cons: clientele, corporate
Love the product, the atmosphere, the camaraderie of the coworkers; but the clientele and uniforms leave a lot to be desired. Not happy about the corporate issues, either.

Every other person in the store is either rude or nasty, and those that aren't are ditzy and remarkably slow. It makes life a little more difficult when every third customer wants – more... to know the price of each and every single item on the floor...and the price happens to be right above each and every product.

Because corporate is in California, they have no trouble ignoring every issue this store brings up - and indeed every store east of the Rockies. – less
Productive fast paced enviroment with great employees
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Mesa, AZAugust 2, 2013
Typical day at work consist of sales, stocking sales floor, maintaining a clean work environment, and providing excellent costumer service.
Fun place to work, with YUMMY candy
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAJuly 9, 2013
I loved working at See's. I worked seasonal, for Christmas, Valentines Day, and Easter. I loved the high volume of customers, and how everyone was happy, especially after their free Sampe
Productive & friendly environment
Sales associate/Key Carrier (Current Employee), Hemet, CAJuly 5, 2013
Pros: free candy while on the job, discounts, 45 minute lunches.
Cons: downtime when not the holidays
When i arrive i ask what needs to be done. I clean, stock, help customers, hand out samples, merchandise, handle cash, credit cards, checks & gift certificates.

I learned how to merchandise and how to change out ads. They taught me how to open and how to work in this company.

The management ran things smooth and effectively.

My co-workers are among – more... the kindest & most friendly ladies i've ever encountered. I enjoy working with each and everyone of them.

The hardest part of my job would have to have been opening for the first time alone. I was nervous and.was secret shopped. I received a 90% score. I got everything done on time and actually received a job well done on my next scheduled day of work.

The most enjoyable part of my job would have to be the customers. Because of the area we are in, most of our clientele is elderly. I have a passion for helping the elderly and have volunteered in a nursing home for a summer when i was a preteen. So i really enjoy working with the customers and watching them leave with a smile & knowing i gave them the best customer service i could have. – less
Loved it
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Carson, CAJuly 4, 2013
from training to my last day, i enjoyed my job
only seasonal offered
great helping and motivating work environment
nice management
easy work as long as you have product knowledge
Open area,
Lead Sales Person, Sales Floor (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 27, 2013
Pros: free candy, and nice managers
Cons: short breaks, ugly work uniforms, and pay/hours given depends on how much sales
I love working for this company. The pay rate was pretty good too. However, I did not like the work uniforms, there was no store, all the employees were mostly women and we had to stock inventory and carry heavy boxes up and down elevators to the kiosk. The days worked depended on how much profit we made per day.
Ok place to work
Shop Audit Specialist (Former Employee), San Bruno, CAJune 24, 2013
Worked there as a temp. People were cool, however the management was draconian. Way too much of manual work did a lot of the office work could be atomized.
Awesome
Assistant Team Leader (Former Employee), Dover, DEJune 9, 2013
Pros: the candy
Cons: only seasonal position
Hard work but really great! Seasonal job selling candy. It was so much fun. The hardest part was that the job was only seasonal. I could have done it longer. The most enjoyable part was interacting with so many people! Plus its a great company that people recognize and they enjoy. Customers were always eager to sample candy and chat with us.
Five Years of Quality w/o Compromise
Stock/Sales Clerk (Former Employee), Granada Hills, CAJune 7, 2013
Working for See's Candies was an enjoyment, walking into the shop for the first time of the day being met with the appealing fragrance of the chocolate is definitely a mood setter. Not only are you met by the smell but friendly staff offer their greetings and provides comfort.
Productive and fun workplace with many sweet things about it.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Industry, CAJune 6, 2013
Pros: tasting as much chocolate as you want.
Cons: some people may get over chocolate after having worked there.
A typical day on the job at See's candies consisted of readying yourself for work with some light exercises followed by the same log-in procedures that would be done at any other workplace. When that was all completed we would then move to the floor where we would perform our duties in selling chocolate, whenever there was time we didn't have customers – more... we would restock and see what there needed to be cleaned to keep it looking good. We as associates of See's are allowed to taste the chocolate in order to better suggest a flavor to any customer should they ask for suggestions. The management and staff are very lovely and kind to one another and you always feel welcomed. The hardest part of the job may also be the most rewarding is when the holidays come around and you must deal with that rush of customers and you need to get everything done in a timely manner in order to please customers with a good experience that would want them to come back to our store again. – less

About See's Candies

One suspects that investment guru and billionaire Warren Buffett has a sweet tooth. If we're correct, he knows that See's Candies – Read more