See's Candies Employee Reviews in United States

it is an ok place to work.
Senior Customer Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Carson, CAJanuary 30, 2015
I really enjoyed the fact that I was a part of the See's tradition. Just saying that I worked there meant that I was a part of a company. The managers are really nice.
Pros
the training is really well done.
Cons
the pay is not too good.
Uplifting, comfortable work enviorment. Amazing co-workers and customers
Sales Associate/Cashier -1 (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAJanuary 28, 2015
This job is by far my favorite. I love everything about the store, products and staff. Very comfortable and satisfying work place. I gained more customer service skills and can speak to the general public in a professional yet friendly manner. My co-workers great people and working as a team is our priority. Never leave anyone behind kind of environment. The most difficult part was being short staffed during rush hour but once we got a system going it was perfect. If I could stay on full-time I would but unfortunately, I was only hired as a seasonal employee.
Pros
great staff, free candy at work only, easy-going
Cons
not enough hours, small checks
Productive work environment with free candy benefits
Seasonal Stock Clerk/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  San Leandro, CAJanuary 25, 2015
Day to day interactions with customers is always great, free candy samples during breaks and lunches. Management is very feasible with hours and time off even during the holiday rushes. Loading customer orders might take place in the rain.
Pros
free and discounted candy
Cons
no benefits for seasonal workers
Such an amazing first job
Associate (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAJanuary 13, 2015
I love this place till the end. It was such an amazing first job, it taught me a lot about the working world. My coworkers taught me about how to work in a fast paced environment, how to stock, and how to deal with customers.
At ease environment with beautiful mountain view.
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAJanuary 13, 2015
Every day I walked in to the shop I was greeted not only by the staff but as well as the warm welcoming smell of the best chocolate to be consumed. Every one loved being part of the team they were always excited to refill stock and open up shop. Management did everything they could do to make sure you were comfortable and at ease. There was never one day I wasn't enthused about going to work.The only part of the job I did not like were the heinous 1920's style dresses and stockings,but that was not all that much of a setback considering the sun was always shinning and the customers were always excited to be step foot in the door and see what samples we had for the day.
Pros
all the chocolate you could eat.
Cons
short breaks
Fun and friendly enviornment
Stocker/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAJanuary 8, 2015
Fun and friendly environment always aiming to please every customer.
Pros
free candy
Cons
free candy
Productive and Fun
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Olympia, WADecember 28, 2014
A typical day at work was assisting customers with their candy choices.

I learned that even when there are cranky people out there you do your best to keep a smile on your face.

My manager was wonderful. I would love to still be working for her.

My co-workers were very helpful and fun to work with.

The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that the customers that were purchasing the candy be it for themselves or others put a smile on their faces.
Pros
lunch breaks
Cons
seasonal
Temp job
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORNovember 23, 2014
Work with great group of people. Customers can be nice or snotty there is no in between
Pros
good managers
Cons
temporary and stressful
Excellent work environment, who wouldn't want to sell chocolates?
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Mateo, CANovember 13, 2014
Most fun part of the job was packing custom boxes of chocolate for customers. Other than that it was just ringing up sales and restocking chocolate when it ran out.
Pros
all you can eat candy when on break.
Cons
no real cons.
Productive and fun place to work with all you can eat chocolate!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAOctober 9, 2014
Open the store and wait for the influx of customers. Check product and stock as needed. Clean cases of chocolates, ring up customers, check inventory and order as needed. Wrap gift baskets and close the store. Balance registers and leave store.
Pros
abundant health insurance, vacations, and sick pay
Cons
strict dress code, insufficent help, and lack of product
See's Candies
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILSeptember 23, 2014
As an employee of See's Candies, one learns a variety of useful skills. A typical day at work as a Sales Associate consisted of maintaining the store, customer interaction, sales, stocking, opening/closing, cash handling, and other various retail necessities. The management team which I worked under, not only taught me valuable lessons in time management and efficiency, but great customer service skills as well as sales techniques. One of the more difficult parts of the job was taking manual inventories. This required lots of detail and entering in the information required a program which ran MS-DOS. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to eat the Candy we sold, as this helped us learn each unique piece to help describe it to our customers. The work environment was fast paced and friendly, as we were selling chocolate to happy customers 99% of the time. The only issue I had with this company was the raise system/hierarchy system in place. Raises were awarded on time served not necessarily merit based. Those who were asked to complete more, and difficult tasks were compensated to the same degree as those with far less duties and responsibilities.
Pros
fun work environment with good management
Cons
heavy workload as opener/closer with same pay rate as those with less responsibilities.
Fun place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 23, 2014
helping others.
Having good communication skills.
Greet Customers.
Coverage for staff.
Cash handling.
Cost Cutting Company that doesnt focus on company culture
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San FranciscoSeptember 6, 2014
Company has been around since 1921. Used daily system created in 1987. Order management system with many glitches. Rare opportunities for advancement.
Pros
free candy
Enjoyable coworkers edidble products
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Frisco, TXJuly 8, 2014
Great job to have for anyone even with potential of a long term career.
Mom & pop company
Office Operations/Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Carson, CAJuly 1, 2014
small time company, that turned into a huge candy distributor. management works well with staff.
Typical seasonal job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJune 28, 2014
Good job, selling awesome candy. A lot of standing on your feet (as expected in retail)
One of my favoirt jobs best experience ever love going back for the holidays.
Sales Associate, Cashier (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAJune 26, 2014
A typical day here was welcome costumers to the store and help them pack a box of chocolate. Co-workers were very helpful and cheerful. The hardest part of the job was the holidays.
I love this company and its products!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CAJune 14, 2014
I love this company and the people I worked with. Not only was the position good, the products were even better,
See's Candies
Clerk/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAJune 11, 2014
Stress free job, easy fast paced environment that is friendly and pays well.
Pros
great benefits/pay.
Cons
not always a lot of hours available in summer.
Productive and fun workplace
Seasonal Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 2, 2014
I really enjoy working for See's because its offers me many valuable work experience I know will be useful to future employers. A typical day at work consisted of a variety of tasks such as stocking, arranging displays, labeling products, sales and operating a cash register. The major responsibility was to sale and provide outstanding customer service which I really enjoy. The hardest part of the job was handling cash due to the need to work fast paced it required extra attention and that caused a little stress. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was working with people and being able to help the customers because I enjoy customer service with a passion. Also, the company provided free chocolates which was another enjoyable perk at this job. Overall a new skill I learned is to operate a cash register.
Pros
free chocolates
Cons
few work hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at See's Candies. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5