See's Candies

See's Candies Employee Reviews

Productive and fun place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Schaumburg IllinoisFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: fun work invironment
Cons: not enough work hours
Progressive company with wonderful benefits and a great work culture. Hard working employees with a good management team. Product base exceptional, a leader in their industry.
good pay
Assistant Team Lead/Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Hoover, ALFebruary 3, 2014
pay was excellent management sucked i would work there again only if we get a different team leader
Great company and free chocolate
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COFebruary 2, 2014
Pros: free chocolate while on duty, good hours, happy customers
Cons: hard to make it make it to full time
Days run very smoothly with a scheduled day as well as structured workflow. Most customers are very happy. Not many workplace problems. Good pay.
See's Candies
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Fresno, CAJanuary 29, 2014
The company is great, but has some flaws. They don't value the opinion of the employees. They make it very difficult to advance, even with their best employees. The company made over $350 MM gross profit in 2011, yet use the most dated equipment available.
Seasonal
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee), Long BeachJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: substantial discount on candy, overtime pay is exceptional
Cons: no room for advancement, no permanent employment will be offfered
A typical Day would be account searching, basically researching if a customer ordered before. Entering Faxed Orders into the system from Stores and Mail order. The job is fairly easy and you will stay busy during peak season! Lots of overtime. No room for advancement, as I have seen people hired on as permanent, but not sure what you have to do to advance!!!..Overall if you want to make extra money for the holidays this is perfect.
Fun Place to Work
Assistant Team Lead (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: selling chocolate, samples, discount
Cons: uniform, outdated equipment, no permanent store in the area
See's is a great place to work, especially when you already love the candy and the company's history. We had a great team that exceeded our sales goal. The company is generous with employee sampling and there is a discount on a few varieties of candy. The hardest part of the job is two fold: wearing the antiquated uniform while stocking shelves and working with the antiquated equipment we were provided. While I love the candy and the respect for the heritage and history, it is possible for them to retain respect for history, and still upgrade for the 21st century.
Enhances your people skills and teaches you responsibility.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Carson, CAJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: my co-workers and the family based environment.
Cons: salary
Interacting with hundreds of customers over the phone and being able to meet there expectations with a product that sells itself. My co-workers were awesome and so very helpful in complicating situations. The hardest part was the system that we went through and how old it was, aside from that this job was awesome. The most enjoyable part was it was a family based company and everyone was so welcoming.
Productive fast pace environment
Processing Clerk (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAJanuary 13, 2014
Pros: free holiday lunches cooked by upper management.
I really enjoyed working for this company it was just short term for the Christmas Holidays.
Every day we would receive shipment from 10 to 50 boxes of store close paperwork for San Francisco, Los Angeles, and Holiday Gift Stores. The first thing I had to do was agree that UPS, Fed-Ex, USPS had delivered the correct mail. Then I would take a box cutter and cut the packing slip, pull out all contents and sort in date order separating the adjustment forms, credit card envelopes and other miscellaneous paperwork and forward to the correct department.

There was never a dull moment in this fast past environment.
Productive, Energetic store.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee), Sacramento, CAJanuary 13, 2014
The team at See's Candies Arden shop 54, is amazing. Which makes its easy to focus on seving the customer correctly and efficiently.
See's was a fun job.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Puyallup, WAJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: free cand
Cons: not enough hours given
There just wasn't enough hours to be work, sometimes you were lucky if even put on schedule. Sometime it was for 4hrs for the week. I needed more hours only reason , I left.
Fun, Upbeat work place
Cashier (Former Employee), West Covina, CADecember 16, 2013
Pros: upbeat
A typical day would be open shop make sure all shelfs were stocked. Great and assist all customers, cash customers out, place phone orders and onlimne orders.
Fun and up beat
Sales/Cashier (Former Employee), Granada Hills, CADecember 12, 2013
Pros: free candy sampling
Cons: leaving
loved working here always fun and new faces coming in to get free candy samples.
FRIENDLY AND SWEET PLACE
CASHIER (Former Employee), South San Francisco, CANovember 21, 2013
Pros: eat all the chocolate you want, we got to communicate and get to know our customers
Cons: not healthy
HERE AT SEE'S CANDIES I HAVE NEVER HAD A RUDE CUSTOMER AND ALL THE CUSTOMERS THAT WALK IN WERE ALREADY NORMAL CUSTOMERS. EVERYONE IS ALWAYS IN A POSITIVE MOOD WITH SMILES ON THEIR FACES. I'VE LEARNED AT THIS PARTICULAR JOB HOW TO MAKE LARGE ORDERS FOR ORGANIZATIONS OR COMPANIES. THE MANAGEMENT WAS FRIENDLY AND JOYABLE TO WORK WITH. THERE REALLY WASN'T ANYTHING DIFFICULT ABOUT THE JOB BESIDES LEARNING THE NAMES OF ALL THE CHOCOLATES. THE MOST ENJOYABLE PART OF THIS JOB WAS LEARNING EACH CHOCOLATE FOR THEIR OWN UNIQUE TASTE. THE LOOKS ON CUSTOMERS FACES WHEN THEY COME IN TO GET THEIR FAVORITE CHOCOLATES AND ESPECIALLY WHEN THEY COME IN TO GET CHOCOLATE BOXES FOR THEIR LOVED ONES!!
Working for See's
Associate (Current Employee), Friendswood, TXNovember 16, 2013
Pros: all you can eat see's candies
Cons: management, old school cash registers, rude picky customers, retail
I worked at See's since it opened in October 2012, there were periods when I don't work for weeks but I do enjoy it. My co-workers were great, kind and helpful. My managers were real and understanding, there was no misunderstanding, no drama. The district manager was difficult to please and I am constantly misunderstood (He probably thinks I am a dumb worker). Nevertheless, I worked hard and focused on my studies. I'm never out to cause problems for anyone. Slowly my wonderful co-workers slowly left See's. But again I do not hate it, no work place is perfect anyways. However a new manager is hired. the first few weeks working along side with the new manager was great, everything was problem-free. But underneath the smile was hatred. I am constantly undermined, my employment was on very thin ice. I'm constantly in fear of getting fired and I don't know why.
Fun, productive
Sales representative (Former Employee), Reseda, CaNovember 11, 2013
Pros: you are around chocolate all day!
Cons: you want to eat all of the chocolate.
Loved it here! Stayed busy, lots of customers, learned new things and got to try any candy.
productive and fun
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Springfield, MONovember 1, 2013
Pros: 1 half hour break and 2 paid fifteen minute breaks
Cons: not great job security
I really enjoyed working there. Nice people and a relatively easy place.
Customer service oriented
Seasonal Clerk (Former Employee), Corona del Mar, CAOctober 25, 2013
Pros: when your on your game everyone knows you are par with customers and your duties
Cons: angry customers, random problems, safety
When i have been on the job performing certain tasks i tend to customers on first priority, take care of other job duties, and cleanliness of the area. When dealing with food you have to tend to proper temperature and proper time stored. Proper cleaning of equipment and and top notch customer service.
fun clean work area
Store Manager (Former Employee), Menlo Park, NJOctober 5, 2013
Pros: well organized and fun.
Great job , very good environment for all levels.seasonal job
Great and enjoy with the teamwork.
Receiving- Seasonal Employment (Former Employee), Brisbane, CAAugust 21, 2013
Responsible for receiving; Organized received shipments (Store Orders/Receipts/Credit Card Receipts and Gift Cards) to be processed. Organized and sorted credit card receipts, attached a summary report to each envelope, filed receipts accordingly. Sorted these envelopes in alphabetical order according to shop name and location, filed the envelopes in chronological order.
Best Job EVER!!!!
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Arcadia, CAAugust 19, 2013
Pros: learning new skills
Cons: not being able to stay loner to make it a life time career.
THE DRY CLEANNERS WAS MY FIRST JOB, AND THE BEST, I WAS SAD IT WENT OUT OF BUSINESS. A DAY AT WORK THERE WAS AMAZING, LIKE A LITTLE FAMILY. MY FAVORITE PART WAS PUTTING CLOTHES IN NUMERICAL ORDER, AND BEING ARROUND THE CUSTOMERS, THEY MADE THE BUSINESS HAPPEN.

About See's Candies

One suspects that investment guru and billionaire Warren Buffett has a sweet tooth. If we're correct, he knows that See's Candies – Read more

See's Candies Salaries