See's Candies Employee Reviews

Cost Cutting Company that doesnt focus on company culture
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San FranciscoSeptember 6, 2014
Company has been around since 1921. Used daily system created in 1987. Order management system with many glitches. Rare opportunities for advancement.
Pros
free candy
Enjoyable coworkers edidble products
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Frisco, TXJuly 8, 2014
Great job to have for anyone even with potential of a long term career.
Mom & pop company
Office Operations/Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Carson, CAJuly 1, 2014
small time company, that turned into a huge candy distributor. management works well with staff.
Typical seasonal job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJune 28, 2014
Good job, selling awesome candy. A lot of standing on your feet (as expected in retail)
One of my favoirt jobs best experience ever love going back for the holidays.
Sales Associate, Cashier (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAJune 26, 2014
A typical day here was welcome costumers to the store and help them pack a box of chocolate. Co-workers were very helpful and cheerful. The hardest part of the job was the holidays.
I love this company and its products!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CAJune 14, 2014
I love this company and the people I worked with. Not only was the position good, the products were even better,
Clerk/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAJune 11, 2014
Stress free job, easy fast paced environment that is friendly and pays well.
Pros
great benefits/pay.
Cons
not always a lot of hours available in summer.
Productive and fun workplace
Seasonal Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 2, 2014
I really enjoy working for See's because its offers me many valuable work experience I know will be useful to future employers. A typical day at work consisted of a variety of tasks such as stocking, arranging displays, labeling products, sales and operating a cash register. The major responsibility was to sale and provide outstanding customer service which I really enjoy. The hardest part of the job was handling cash due to the need to work fast paced it required extra attention and that caused a little stress. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was working with people and being able to help the customers because I enjoy customer service with a passion. Also, the company provided free chocolates which was another enjoyable perk at this job. Overall a new skill I learned is to operate a cash register.
Pros
free chocolates
Cons
few work hours
yummy!
Assist and interact (Former Employee) –  Salinas, CAApril 22, 2014
asst guest with thier orders and let them enjoy samples of different candies we supply.
Customer Service Representative (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAApril 10, 2014
- Excellent weekly meeting with management
- learned excellent customer service
- most enjoyable part of the joy was meeting the weekly quote, every week.
See's is a wonderful Company
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAMarch 25, 2014
I have had such a positive work experience with this company. The management is friendly and driven. The old timey atmosphere is pleasant. And lets face it, it's chocolate... yum! Our daily routine starts with exercises, then stocking the floor, cleaning, opening cash registers, sample chocolate to customers, create custom boxes of candy, weight it, wrap it, and charge the customer at the register.
Pros
environment, candy samples
Cons
lack of hours
Great job, To have when you have a sweet tooth!
Agent Support(Customers Services Rep) (Former Employee) –  Carson, CAMarch 5, 2014
A typical day at work: Check the fax machine for new order
and review account history if any, if not existing customer create a new account as well as contact customers to confirm that their order has been received. A consultant will contact you when your order
is ready to be release.

next step: Check copier for Invoice to be fax and scanned to
consultant as well as reference copy of order. Check where house
for customer custom cards and deliver to the consultant to
review.
Pros
all the candy you can eat
Cons
you might gain some wight from all the choclate
Productive and fun place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg IllinoisFebruary 6, 2014
Progressive company with wonderful benefits and a great work culture. Hard working employees with a good management team. Product base exceptional, a leader in their industry.
Pros
fun work invironment
Cons
not enough work hours
good pay
Assistant Team Lead/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Hoover, ALFebruary 3, 2014
pay was excellent management sucked i would work there again only if we get a different team leader
Great company and free chocolate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COFebruary 2, 2014
Days run very smoothly with a scheduled day as well as structured workflow. Most customers are very happy. Not many workplace problems. Good pay.
Pros
free chocolate while on duty, good hours, happy customers
Cons
hard to make it make it to full time
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAJanuary 29, 2014
The company is great, but has some flaws. They don't value the opinion of the employees. They make it very difficult to advance, even with their best employees. The company made over $350 MM gross profit in 2011, yet use the most dated equipment available.
Seasonal
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Long BeachJanuary 27, 2014
A typical Day would be account searching, basically researching if a customer ordered before. Entering Faxed Orders into the system from Stores and Mail order. The job is fairly easy and you will stay busy during peak season! Lots of overtime. No room for advancement, as I have seen people hired on as permanent, but not sure what you have to do to advance!!!..Overall if you want to make extra money for the holidays this is perfect.
Pros
substantial discount on candy, overtime pay is exceptional
Cons
no room for advancement, no permanent employment will be offfered
Fun Place to Work
Assistant Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 23, 2014
See's is a great place to work, especially when you already love the candy and the company's history. We had a great team that exceeded our sales goal. The company is generous with employee sampling and there is a discount on a few varieties of candy. The hardest part of the job is two fold: wearing the antiquated uniform while stocking shelves and working with the antiquated equipment we were provided. While I love the candy and the respect for the heritage and history, it is possible for them to retain respect for history, and still upgrade for the 21st century.
Pros
selling chocolate, samples, discount
Cons
uniform, outdated equipment, no permanent store in the area
Enhances your people skills and teaches you responsibility.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Carson, CAJanuary 14, 2014
Interacting with hundreds of customers over the phone and being able to meet there expectations with a product that sells itself. My co-workers were awesome and so very helpful in complicating situations. The hardest part was the system that we went through and how old it was, aside from that this job was awesome. The most enjoyable part was it was a family based company and everyone was so welcoming.
Pros
my co-workers and the family based environment.
Cons
salary
Productive fast pace environment
Processing Clerk (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 13, 2014
I really enjoyed working for this company it was just short term for the Christmas Holidays.
Every day we would receive shipment from 10 to 50 boxes of store close paperwork for San Francisco, Los Angeles, and Holiday Gift Stores. The first thing I had to do was agree that UPS, Fed-Ex, USPS had delivered the correct mail. Then I would take a box cutter and cut the packing slip, pull out all contents and sort in date order separating the adjustment forms, credit card envelopes and other miscellaneous paperwork and forward to the correct department.

There was never a dull moment in this fast past environment.
Pros
free holiday lunches cooked by upper management.

4.5