See's Candies Employee Reviews

Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Carson, CAJanuary 2, 2017
I worked at See's Candies for the seasonal position and it was a great experience. There were other seasonal employee's and they were all so welcoming.
Depends on Mangement
Assistant Manager, Keyholder (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCJanuary 1, 2017
Our Overseer would often mess up our payment causing it to be late. Each time she just said sorry and expected workers to keep working. Short staffed with long hours.
Pros
candy
It's candy.
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaDecember 27, 2016
A typical day includes multiple phone calls from customers wishing to place orders to send candy to relatives and friends. Some orders are large and some are small. I have learned to be patient because most of the customers are senior citizens and may be hard of hearing. My co-workers are friendly and willing to help. The hardest part is talking to someone who may be upset but you push through it and try to put yourself in their place. The most enjoyable is being able to place the order quickly and knowing the customer is satisfied with the work you've done.
Pros
free candy everyday.
Cons
gaining weight
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 26, 2016
Busy season. The employees are all wonderful and so sweet, just the hours are horrible. Mostly get 4 hours a day, lucky if you get a 8 hour shifts. The discount is okay(30%) but doesn't apply to everything.
Fun, great employees
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, CADecember 25, 2016
I enjoyed the experience as a seasonal worker there, kind staff, good benefits and family oriented atmosphere with great customers
Pros
Free chocolates, good benefits
Cons
Short hours
Fun enviroment
Manager (Current Employee) –  Aventura, FLDecember 17, 2016
Interacting with guest, lots of paperwork, stocking, inventory. Best part of the day is sampling the chocolate (best chocolate ever). They do give employee discounts
Pros
Weekly contest to win chocolate, pay is good
Cons
seasonal
Ok
Customer Service Rep/Shop Operations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Culver City, CADecember 6, 2016
Its ok. You get to eat all the candy why you there. 9am start time is great. Friendly people. Drive is not so great if youdont live in the los angeles area. La Cienega really gets backes up
Cons
Work holidays
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CANovember 29, 2016
It was a good place to work. Job positions were easy. Got along with bosses and co workers It got busy as the holidays came around but I managed my positions well..
Pros
Providing good customer services
Cons
Dealing with customer complaints
Good place to work.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 26, 2016
Good company to work for. They offer lots of benefits. Management is fair for the most part. Hours are good. Candy is good.
fun, peaceful
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Hanford, CANovember 25, 2016
relaxing place to work, management is nice. I like working here, hardest part of the day is when it is slow. I enjoy my co workers. I learned more about sales working here
Pros
candy
Cons
nothing
sees
Store Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sacramento County, CANovember 10, 2016
This was my first job the staff is super friendly. Very helpful. Only thing I did not like was the horrible uniforms and the stockings. I would work there again.
See's Candy
RETAIL SALES PERSON (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 8, 2016
Typical day working at See's Candy was passing out the sample of different flavor Chocolates. I learn how to handle Cash register and put boxes together to put individual pieces of candy in. The manger was very nice and pleasant to work for. My co-workers were very helpful we work as a team. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with the orders during the Holidays. The most enjoyable part of the job was sampling the different pieces of candy.
Pros
Getting free samples
Cons
there was none
Banker (Former Employee) –  Redwood City, CASeptember 30, 2016
Enjoyed every day. Cash Handling. Open and closing of all registers. I made bank deposits. I worked well with others. Every day was challenging.
Lead Sales Associate
Lead Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  El Cerrito, CASeptember 8, 2016
I learned a lot from this job learned how to maintain a clean and well organized atmosphere. As well as take in a lot of responsibility for my age and for my work that I continue to give. The hardest part is major holidays, gets overwhelming but you always need to keep a positive attitude and make sure you satisfy customers.
Pros
Samples
Cons
short breaks, no communication
fun
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CASeptember 8, 2016
great place to learn how to manage and supervise employees. also helps you in delivering great customer service and cash handling. flexible and a great team to work with.
Free Chocolates
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 22, 2016
Who doesn't love chocolates? Well I loved it because I got to eat them for free and if you went to the main store they would sell you a box of sorted chocolate of your choice for $10!
Pros
free chocolates, 30% discount
Cons
very small store
Friendly, comfortable work enviornment
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAAugust 22, 2016
Working for See's Candies was a great experience. Servicing customers and allowing them to experience such a fine product was more than fulfilling. My team members and managers were also an amazing group of people who knew how to make someone feel welcomed and accepted. I think the hardest part of the job was standing on my feet all day. Not saying that standing up all day is an issue but that really was the only down fall to the position. I enjoyed restocking candy the most. Getting to learn about all the different chocolates and their ingredients was quite fascinating. Out of the whole experience, I learned to be patient, passionate, and understanding of the customers needs and wants. After all, they are what's important.
Pros
Free candy at work only, flexiable hours
Cons
not enough hours
great place of business
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TX 75034August 11, 2016
the employees were great to work with the chocolate was amazing to eat and sell to customers for presents. Great place of employment.
Not enough work space
Lead Clerk Manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Maria, CAAugust 10, 2016
This was a very good company to work with and always treated their employees really well. Benefits were in place for those that worked even part time. I was with the company for about 16 yrs.
Pros
Benefits and all the free candy
Cons
Not always the best for your diet
Sales Associate
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FLJuly 21, 2016
Getting daily information from team leader, check on merchandise on shelves. Sign in. Daily interacting with customers, finding out what they are interested in, and for who the merchandise will be for. Maintaining stock through out the day, along with bags and register tape. Get along with co-workers well, we all have to stand all day. I enjoy talking to the customers, ones who have enjoy the chocolate since childhood and those who are new to the chocolate.
Pros
Hours are good
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at See's Candies. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4