See's Candies Employee Reviews

Productive, Energetic store.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 13, 2014
The team at See's Candies Arden shop 54, is amazing. Which makes its easy to focus on seving the customer correctly and efficiently.
See's was a fun job.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Puyallup, WAJanuary 6, 2014
There just wasn't enough hours to be work, sometimes you were lucky if even put on schedule. Sometime it was for 4hrs for the week. I needed more hours only reason , I left.
Pros
free cand
Cons
not enough hours given
Fun, Upbeat work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  West Covina, CADecember 16, 2013
A typical day would be open shop make sure all shelfs were stocked. Great and assist all customers, cash customers out, place phone orders and onlimne orders.
Pros
upbeat
Fun and up beat
Sales/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Granada Hills, CADecember 12, 2013
loved working here always fun and new faces coming in to get free candy samples.
Pros
free candy sampling
Cons
leaving
FRIENDLY AND SWEET PLACE
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  South San Francisco, CANovember 21, 2013
HERE AT SEE'S CANDIES I HAVE NEVER HAD A RUDE CUSTOMER AND ALL THE CUSTOMERS THAT WALK IN WERE ALREADY NORMAL CUSTOMERS. EVERYONE IS ALWAYS IN A POSITIVE MOOD WITH SMILES ON THEIR FACES. I'VE LEARNED AT THIS PARTICULAR JOB HOW TO MAKE LARGE ORDERS FOR ORGANIZATIONS OR COMPANIES. THE MANAGEMENT WAS FRIENDLY AND JOYABLE TO WORK WITH. THERE REALLY WASN'T ANYTHING DIFFICULT ABOUT THE JOB BESIDES LEARNING THE NAMES OF ALL THE CHOCOLATES. THE MOST ENJOYABLE PART OF THIS JOB WAS LEARNING EACH CHOCOLATE FOR THEIR OWN UNIQUE TASTE. THE LOOKS ON CUSTOMERS FACES WHEN THEY COME IN TO GET THEIR FAVORITE CHOCOLATES AND ESPECIALLY WHEN THEY COME IN TO GET CHOCOLATE BOXES FOR THEIR LOVED ONES!!
Pros
eat all the chocolate you want, we got to communicate and get to know our customers
Cons
not healthy
Working for See's
Associate (Current Employee) –  Friendswood, TXNovember 16, 2013
I worked at See's since it opened in October 2012, there were periods when I don't work for weeks but I do enjoy it. My co-workers were great, kind and helpful. My managers were real and understanding, there was no misunderstanding, no drama. The district manager was difficult to please and I am constantly misunderstood (He probably thinks I am a dumb worker). Nevertheless, I worked hard and focused on my studies. I'm never out to cause problems for anyone. Slowly my wonderful co-workers slowly left See's. But again I do not hate it, no work place is perfect anyways. However a new manager is hired. the first few weeks working along side with the new manager was great, everything was problem-free. But underneath the smile was hatred. I am constantly undermined, my employment was on very thin ice. I'm constantly in fear of getting fired and I don't know why.
Pros
all you can eat see's candies
Cons
management, old school cash registers, rude picky customers, retail
Fun, productive
Sales representative (Former Employee) –  Reseda, CaNovember 11, 2013
Loved it here! Stayed busy, lots of customers, learned new things and got to try any candy.
Pros
you are around chocolate all day!
Cons
you want to eat all of the chocolate.
productive and fun
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MONovember 1, 2013
I really enjoyed working there. Nice people and a relatively easy place.
Pros
1 half hour break and 2 paid fifteen minute breaks
Cons
not great job security
Customer service oriented
Seasonal Clerk (Former Employee) –  Corona del Mar, CAOctober 25, 2013
When i have been on the job performing certain tasks i tend to customers on first priority, take care of other job duties, and cleanliness of the area. When dealing with food you have to tend to proper temperature and proper time stored. Proper cleaning of equipment and and top notch customer service.
Pros
when your on your game everyone knows you are par with customers and your duties
Cons
angry customers, random problems, safety
fun clean work area
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Menlo Park, NJOctober 5, 2013
Great job , very good environment for all levels.seasonal job
Pros
well organized and fun.
Great and enjoy with the teamwork.
Receiving- Seasonal Employment (Former Employee) –  Brisbane, CAAugust 21, 2013
Responsible for receiving; Organized received shipments (Store Orders/Receipts/Credit Card Receipts and Gift Cards) to be processed. Organized and sorted credit card receipts, attached a summary report to each envelope, filed receipts accordingly. Sorted these envelopes in alphabetical order according to shop name and location, filed the envelopes in chronological order.
Best Job EVER!!!!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Arcadia, CAAugust 19, 2013
THE DRY CLEANNERS WAS MY FIRST JOB, AND THE BEST, I WAS SAD IT WENT OUT OF BUSINESS. A DAY AT WORK THERE WAS AMAZING, LIKE A LITTLE FAMILY. MY FAVORITE PART WAS PUTTING CLOTHES IN NUMERICAL ORDER, AND BEING ARROUND THE CUSTOMERS, THEY MADE THE BUSINESS HAPPEN.
Pros
learning new skills
Cons
not being able to stay loner to make it a life time career.
Not always perfect
Associate (Current Employee) –  Northbrook, ILAugust 13, 2013
Love the product, the atmosphere, the camaraderie of the coworkers; but the clientele and uniforms leave a lot to be desired. Not happy about the corporate issues, either.

Every other person in the store is either rude or nasty, and those that aren't are ditzy and remarkably slow. It makes life a little more difficult when every third customer wants to know the price of each and every single item on the floor...and the price happens to be right above each and every product.

Because corporate is in California, they have no trouble ignoring every issue this store brings up - and indeed every store east of the Rockies.
Pros
candy, coworkers, store itself
Cons
clientele, corporate
Productive fast paced enviroment with great employees
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZAugust 2, 2013
Typical day at work consist of sales, stocking sales floor, maintaining a clean work environment, and providing excellent costumer service.
Fun place to work, with YUMMY candy
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 9, 2013
I loved working at See's. I worked seasonal, for Christmas, Valentines Day, and Easter. I loved the high volume of customers, and how everyone was happy, especially after their free Sampe
Productive & friendly environment
Sales associate/Key Carrier (Current Employee) –  Hemet, CAJuly 5, 2013
When i arrive i ask what needs to be done. I clean, stock, help customers, hand out samples, merchandise, handle cash, credit cards, checks & gift certificates.

I learned how to merchandise and how to change out ads. They taught me how to open and how to work in this company.

The management ran things smooth and effectively.

My co-workers are among the kindest & most friendly ladies i've ever encountered. I enjoy working with each and everyone of them.

The hardest part of my job would have to have been opening for the first time alone. I was nervous and.was secret shopped. I received a 90% score. I got everything done on time and actually received a job well done on my next scheduled day of work.

The most enjoyable part of my job would have to be the customers. Because of the area we are in, most of our clientele is elderly. I have a passion for helping the elderly and have volunteered in a nursing home for a summer when i was a preteen. So i really enjoy working with the customers and watching them leave with a smile & knowing i gave them the best customer service i could have.
Pros
free candy while on the job, discounts, 45 minute lunches.
Cons
downtime when not the holidays
Loved it
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Carson, CAJuly 4, 2013
from training to my last day, i enjoyed my job
only seasonal offered
great helping and motivating work environment
nice management
easy work as long as you have product knowledge
Open area,
Lead Sales Person, Sales Floor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 27, 2013
I love working for this company. The pay rate was pretty good too. However, I did not like the work uniforms, there was no store, all the employees were mostly women and we had to stock inventory and carry heavy boxes up and down elevators to the kiosk. The days worked depended on how much profit we made per day.
Pros
free candy, and nice managers
Cons
short breaks, ugly work uniforms, and pay/hours given depends on how much sales
Ok place to work
Shop Audit Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Bruno, CAJune 24, 2013
Worked there as a temp. People were cool, however the management was draconian. Way too much of manual work did a lot of the office work could be atomized.
Awesome
Assistant Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEJune 9, 2013
Hard work but really great! Seasonal job selling candy. It was so much fun. The hardest part was that the job was only seasonal. I could have done it longer. The most enjoyable part was interacting with so many people! Plus its a great company that people recognize and they enjoy. Customers were always eager to sample candy and chat with us.
Pros
the candy
Cons
only seasonal position

4.5