Seedco Employee Reviews

Productive and Great place to work
MARKETING & TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 12, 2016
Seedco is definitely a great place to work. Seedco is a national nonprofit organization with a mission to advance economic opportunity for people, businesses, and communities in need. Seedco designs and implements innovative programs, partnerships, and services to foster vibrant economic development. As a nonprofit organization providing benefits access and employment services to a wide range of low-income population groups, Seedco continues to develop a deep understanding of the needs of vulnerable and hard-to-reach populations. In addition, Seedco has expertise in forging successful partnerships with community-based organizations (CBOs) that have deep roots in their communities and serve as trusted providers of services. I truly enjoyed working throughout the state of Georgia in the various roles of Marketing Coordinator, Healthcare Navigator-CAC, and Benefits Specialist as a part of this great national nonprofit.
Great Place
Program Operations Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 9, 2016
Would work here again in a heartbeat, the culture is diverse and social service minded to the max. The agencies that partner with Seedco are top notch. The team environment is effortless and the recognition, encouragement and kudos are apparent, No team member goes at any project alone. There all succeed together.
Pros
Great values
Cons
Budgets determine longevity, when the money runs out the contract is over.
Company is on the decline
A Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 26, 2016
Seedco has a great mission but poor leadership. Individuals are lazy, unfamiliar with grant operations, no knowledge of organizational development, and very little "work" is taking place. Positions are grant funded and without additional funding will end once the grant period is complete. There is no fundraising,marketing, or development foundation that aid in securing additional funds. The only positive aspects are that employees are compensated well and there is a great deal of flexibility. Typical work day consists of contacting clients and ensuring case management records are updated. This is a small organization/staff size so there is not much opportunity for performance based promotion or advancement.
Pros
Pay and flexibility
Cons
Poor leadership, lack of funding, grant funded positions
Data Specialist (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 24, 2016
Great co workers and even made some true friends. Management was poor at communication, leadership and grant directive. No one gave direction, basically you do what you think is right, until its messed up and you have to fix it. Same cycle over and over. Everyone operated within their own program. The office was divided and certain employees constantly shown to preferential treatment. Frustrating and chaotic work environment.
Pros
Work life/balance awesome
Cons
Affairs in the work place, management lies and covers things up.
Great working environment
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 3, 2016
I watched Seedco in the community and I really was impressed with what they stood for. Being able to continue or support that work as an employee is amazing.
My role as the SEAM coordinator, involves working with recruiting business owners and developing them for success.
The staff is simply amazing. Going over and beyond to assist those in need.
Work life and ability to advance is available with this organization.
Pros
flexible, open environment, communication, compensation overall program solid
Cons
I don't have any as of yet.
Workforce Development jewel in the Memphis comunity
Case Manager- Instructor (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 30, 2016
A great place to work. Seedco is a leader in the non-profit workforce development industry. This company is nationally recognized for dedication to helping those near or below the poverty line to re- establish themselves in the work force.
Horrible Racist Company to work for
Operations Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 2, 2016
Horrible Company to work for. A lot of money hungry racist people who claim to care about poor people but dont. People in New York or making 6 figures while staff in other parts such as Georgia
Pros
Great Atlanta Staff before they closed that location
Cons
Funding is low for programs due to Management salaries in New York.
good place to work
Helpline Representative/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 10, 2015
I worked there for three years management was great and lots of over time. Co-workers were very helpful and lots of team work. I would still been working there had the pilot program not ended.
Pros
lots of overtime
Cons
short breaks
Great Nonprofit Company
Marketing & Technical Support Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 27, 2015
Awesome Company-Great Employees Dedicated to helping and serving low income families and individuals. I enjoy working at this company.
Pros
Strategic Planning and Community Involvement- Dedicated to Serving Low Income Populations
Cons
Great place to work and the best co-workers ever
Program Assistant, Earn Benefits (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 23, 2015
Enjoyed my time there helping people who needed temporary benefits; very rewarding. I had the best manager and oustanding co-workers.
Pros
great management and great friends
Cons
No job advancement
Productive and fun workplace that cares about the community
Jr. System Administrator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 7, 2015
Enjoyable company to work at. They care about the community.
Experience
PROGRAM ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 21, 2014
I gained alot of postive experience working here. great staff and everyone is always willing to help.
Awesome non-profit company
Business Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 19, 2014
SEEDCO was the best Company I ever worked for. I was hired straight out of college and worked there for 2 years. I learned a lot of valuable information that I was able to apply to other jobs. SEEDCO makes a difference in low income communites, they focus on helping families with health benefits and job placement just to name a few. I would recommend this company to anyone.
Pros
Always learning new things
Cons
Low salaries for entry level postions
Seedco's review
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYJune 10, 2014
A typical work at Seedco, was to prepare early in the morning, daily cash position according with the different Bank Accounts given to the controller and the CFO. After this, I reviewed the status of my duties with the previous established schedule to do it and the month's calendar.

I worked very hard to put in order and time. all the 50 Banks Accounts Reconciliations during the 8 first days of the month, according with Cash Receipts, Accounts payables, Journal Entries. This was the biggest difficult, because the internal control and the information given for the programs and the different projects is delayed. I think is the hardest part, because Management does not clarify the updated control to facilities this process.

Really, My most enjoyable part of my job, was to make my job at time and to have the correct numbers about the available cash for the Management's decisions.

All my work and my responsibilities have been made with a lot responsibility and accuracy.

This company was very big and today has been restricted.
Pros
Vacation, Sicks days
Cons
No motivation, No good comunication, Low Retirement Plan
Great Non-Profit
Program Associate (Current Employee) –  Elkton, MDJune 9, 2014
As the Program Associate I oversee grant administration and programs in 2 counties.
Temporary position to help with relocation project.
Temp. Service (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 10, 2014
We started at 8:30 AM and spent most days loading files in boxes to prepare them for relocation. Once we completed our responsibilities we had to leave.
Seedco
Data Assistant (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 8, 2013
It's a job. It consists of sitting at a desk all day and entering data from one system to another. Sometimes there are issues that consists of communicating with our partners and contractors.
Great environment
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 11, 2013
This company really cares about the work/life balance of all its employees. It's a great place to work for those who have a family.
Pros
Good schedule, generous time off policy
Cons
Unclear policies
Excellent non profit organization
Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 15, 2013
Work environment, face paced, friendly and organized. A typical day will feel like four hours because the work is important and the entire unit gets involved to make tasks successful.
Pros
management happy to get dirty with staff
Cons
none found
It was nice to work with them. Trying to help people obtaining jobs
Intake Service Assessment Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 21, 2012
It was very intense, but I love it. Trying to identify go candidates for placements.
Pros
good benefits.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Seedco. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7