Seeds of Faith Preschool in Cottage Grove, MN is looking for a preschool teacher to work with our wonderful students and staff. The hours can vary based on classes and amount of hours. The open position is M-F 9:00-12:00 and 1:15-4:15. Position can be one person or two. This position is September to May and follows the District 833 schedule.
The Classroom Teacher shall be a college graduate, certified or certifiable as a preschool classroom teacher, or meet other qualifications as outlined in the State of MN licensing.
The Classroom Teacher shall be contracted by St. Luke upon recommendation of the Director for a period of one year. Salary will be based on the above qualifications and will be determined by the current salary guide.
1. Plan a program of study that, as much as possible, meets the individual needs, interests and abilities of each child, challenging each to do his/her best work.
2. Become well acquainted with each child, aware of his/her needs, and knowledgeable of his/her family background and home environment.
3. Record significant incidents and experiences observed in the children and place the information in each child’s personal folder.
4. Plan and implement individual parent conferences. Systematically share with parents progress reports and significant experiences involving their child.
5. Instruct the Assistant Teacher in his/her daily responsibilities.
6. Use the guidelines found in the SOF Personnel Policy to keep proper discipline in the classroom and on the school premises to help maintain a good learning environment. Be firm, but kind, with each child and treat each one with dignity and respect.
1. Plan broadly through the use of yearly and monthly lesson plans and objectives, and more currently through the use of weekly lesson plans.
2. Utilize valid teaching techniques to achieve curriculum goals within the framework of the school’s philosophy. This will include employing a variety of instructional aids, methods, and materials that will provide for creative teaching to reach the whole child: spiritual, mental, physical, social, and emotional.
3. Maintain a clean, attractive and well-organized classroom. In cooperation with the Director, plan with others sharing the same classroom space to assure maximum benefit of the facilities. Plan for the orderly storage of classroom supplies and equipment at the end of each week.