SEFCU Employee Reviews

Leadership and culture focus
BRANCH MANAGER/MEMBER SERVICE LEADER (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYMarch 19, 2017
Member-focused culture; employees are focused on doing the right thing for the person sitting in front of them. This environment will support those willing to listen to their clients and who are not afraid to take action, including when only limited data is available for decision making.
Great Place to Work
Member Specialist (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYJanuary 25, 2017
Truly enjoyed working for this company. Can be challenging working with some people, and heavy customer volume and be overwhelming, but if you have tough skin, and a positive attitude, you will truly enjoy working here.
Pros
great compensation and benefits
Cons
management can be challenging
Great company to work for!
Compliance Analyst/Member Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYMay 25, 2016
SEFCU is a great company to work for. The SEFCU culture focuses on it's employees, its members and its community. I can honestly say I love the company and I would recommend it to anyone.
Pros
They care about employees wellness and you get to get involved in the community
They offer free salad and soups for lunch everyday.
Consumer and Indirect Lending (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYApril 4, 2016
Typical day would start at eight and ends at 12. Would review all loan queues. Would review all documents with each member account.Would call and set up terms and process the loan application for the members
Great company
Member Specialist (Current Employee) –  Troy, NYOctober 18, 2015
Sefcu is a great company who tries to better there community and the lives of individuals with there volunteer work. I love working with my team. The branch is pretty much always busy but it makes time go by quicker and the members are usually pleasant to help.
Loved working in the Banking World
Cash Line Representative (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJanuary 5, 2015
I Loved My job at SEFCU ( State Employees federal credit union). I Loved the People and Learning all the News things that come with banking. My average day was counting down the daily ATM and the TCD machines. I Loved how when our regular members came in they would come right to me. I knew a lot by name. and Most of the time I became a person they could talk to for some.
Pros
Great incentive prizes, and great people to work with
Cons
being Let go due to cut backs
No Mobility
Member Specialist/ Member Solution Specialist (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYNovember 18, 2014
Little to no chance for a position requiring a four year degree. I went from a college student with no degree to having a masters and it hasn't helped at all.
Sefcu
Member Specialist (Former Employee) –  Clifton Park, NYOctober 25, 2014
Sefcu is a great place to work for. I have learned that if management does not like you watch out.
Awesome
Teller (Former Employee) –  Latham, NYMay 14, 2014
Loved working there
always busy, made the day go by fast
Loved my co workers
Great location
Pros
Everything is good about SEFCU
love it or leave it
n/a (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYJanuary 10, 2014
You will either love to work here or hate it...basically. Not much opportunity for career growth as it is a very flat organization. But very stable employement and no layoffs...decent benefits.
Pros
Free salad & soup @ HQ, fitness center, community oriented
Cons
very flat organization - not much chance for advancement
Very good place to work
Senior Service Desk Specialist (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYOctober 14, 2013
I am responsible for first level support for all hardware and software problems for the organizations via phone and web for the user community.
Pros
Excellent benefit and working atmosphere .
Cons
Looking for position that will leverage my educational technology skills.
Professional Environment
Member Specialist (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYSeptember 11, 2013
On a typical day, I perform transactions while building member relationships. While working at SEFCU I've learned important financial, team, and leadership skills. The hardest part of my job, is answering member questions that are beyond my knowledge base. The most enjoyable part of my job is the day to day member interaction.
Fun place, Full Gym and Spa free for employees
Member Specialist/ Solutions Specialist (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJanuary 22, 2013
Overall a wonderful place to work. Great people and culture. Benefits are amazing.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
not many placement options
Great Job
Member Specialist (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYDecember 11, 2012
This company offers a lot to its employees. From the July 4th party to the christmas party huge deals. They give incentives throughout the year and always praise for jobs well done.
Average financial institution, had a few fun activities during the year.
Assistant Branch Manager, Financial Institution (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYNovember 5, 2012
A typical day at work was very repetitive, open the doors, help customers, balance the tellers and go home.
I learned about risk based lending.
Management was very involved in the "clicks" like in high school, created a very negative environment throughout the branches.
Hardest part of the job was dealing with political issues and maintaining your own integrity.
Pros
customers were great to work with
Cons
management gets caught up in gossip
Family and Wellness Friendly
Service Professional (Former Employee) –  Albany CountyApril 20, 2012
They have great wellness benefits.
SEFCU's professional development and lower management don't seem to reflect the values they pride themselves on.
I was able to have the flexibility I needed with regard to time off for family care.
Pretty Good Company, OK Job
Member Specialist (Current Employee) –  Niskayuna, NYJanuary 13, 2012
A great credit union to be a member of. Front office staff is exceptional, and rates are very competitive. Some management and back office support staff are lacking, creating some horrible inconsistencies between branches.
Pros
free lunches, great pay, community involvement, bonuses and prizes
Cons
limited opportunities for advancement!, poor communication, inconsistencies

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SEFCU. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3