SEFCU

SEFCU Employer Reviews

love it or leave it
n/a (Current Employee), Albany, NYJanuary 10, 2014
Pros: free salad & soup @ hq, fitness center, community oriented
Cons: very flat organization - not much chance for advancement
You will either love to work here or hate it...basically. Not much opportunity for career growth as it is a very flat organization. But very stable employement and no layoffs...decent benefits.
Very good place to work
Senior Service Desk Specialist (Current Employee), Albany, NYOctober 14, 2013
Pros: excellent benefit and working atmosphere .
Cons: looking for position that will leverage my educational technology skills.
I am responsible for first level support for all hardware and software problems for the organizations via phone and web for the user community.
Professional Environment
Member Specialist (Current Employee), Syracuse, NYSeptember 11, 2013
On a typical day, I perform transactions while building member relationships. While working at SEFCU I've learned important financial, team, and leadership skills. The hardest part of my job, is answering member questions that are beyond my knowledge base. The most enjoyable part of my job is the day to day member interaction.
Fun place, Full Gym and Spa free for employees
Member Specialist/ Solutions Specialist (Former Employee), Albany, NYJanuary 22, 2013
Pros: free lunch
Cons: not many placement options
Overall a wonderful place to work. Great people and culture. Benefits are amazing.
Great Job
Member Specialist (Current Employee), Albany, NYDecember 11, 2012
This company offers a lot to its employees. From the July 4th party to the christmas party huge deals. They give incentives throughout the year and always praise for jobs well done.
Average financial institution, had a few fun activities during the year.
Assistant Branch Manager, Financial Institution (Former Employee), Albany, NYNovember 5, 2012
Pros: customers were great to work with
Cons: management gets caught up in gossip
A typical day at work was very repetitive, open the doors, help customers, balance the tellers and go home.
I learned about risk based lending.
Management was very involved in the "clicks" like in high school, created a very negative environment throughout the branches.
Hardest part of the job was dealing with political issues and maintaining your own – more... integrity. – less
Family and Wellness Friendly
Service Professional (Former Employee), Albany CountyApril 20, 2012
They have great wellness benefits.
SEFCU's professional development and lower management don't seem to reflect the values they pride themselves on.
I was able to have the flexibility I needed with regard to time off for family care.
Pretty Good Company, OK Job
Member Specialist (Current Employee), Niskayuna, NYJanuary 13, 2012
Pros: free lunches, great pay, community involvement, bonuses and prizes
Cons: limited opportunities for advancement!, poor communication, inconsistencies
A great credit union to be a member of. Front office staff is exceptional, and rates are very competitive. Some management and back office support staff are lacking, creating some horrible inconsistencies between branches.

About SEFCU

Not strictly for civil servants, State Employees Federal Credit Union (SEFCU) serves some 250,000 members through more than 40 – Read more