Sega of America

Sega of America Employer Reviews

Sega of America was so amazing in the day 9-9-99
CS Rep- Video Game Guidance &Tech Support (Former Employee), Redwood Shores/San Fran/South SFJuly 7, 2014
Pros: game system to all new employees
Cons: n/a
Truly enjoyed my 16 years at Sega.
Sorry it downsized.
Miss the SOA days Amazing company
Sega is a dynamic video game publisher where career growth is rewarded in a roll up your sleeves environment.
VICE PRESIDENT OF SALES (Current Employee), San Francisco, CADecember 16, 2013
Pros: exciting enteractive entertainment industry, growth opportunities outside of assigned roles
Cons: limited resources, shifting objectives
As VP of Sales for the Americas I am virtually located in Dallas, TX, spending two weeks per month in the San Francisco offices, with the balance of time spent in the field with my sales team and meeting with major customers. I am responsible for all packaged and digital sales, as well as, all channel marketing activity throughout the territory, to – more... achieve all revenue and profit targets per the business plan while maintaining full P&L responsibility for sales and channel marketing budgets.

As a smaller publisher, Sega allows me the opportunity to work across the publishing and commercial organization for both current and mid-term business plans, providing for a more in-depth role as a key member of the executive team around BP execution, strategic brand and product planning, impacting the companies longer term positioning. Sega fosters an entrepreneurial environment where one must take on roles outside the specific job description while still working within the team structure to achieve targeted goals. This can at times stretch the organization, but I am surrounded by very talented people who possess a multitude of skills to help achieve the objectives.

As a small publishing company, this can at times be our greatest challenge to succeed in the highly competitive and ever changing interactive entertainment video game space, with fewer resources and smaller budgets. As a result, strategies have shifted dramatically over the past few years as Sega works to redefine its' vision on how to deliver consumer and stockholder value. While not impossible, it has created significant challenge as the organization deals with change.

The challenge of the job continues to be delivering on the business plan while the company works through these transitions. I must effectively resolve issues with limited resources while maximizing the return on each and every investment. This requires a continued focus on providing customer value that exceeds our share, delivering value added programs that maximize ROI, and maintaining a portfolio of business development programs in emerging markets such as expansion in Latin America and digital product delivery at retail.

In the face of a challenging period in our industry, the rewards of the assignment comes from the opportunity to learn multiple disciplines beyond my assigned role as VP of Sales, giving me the chance to put my "finger prints" on the development of our strategies. I believe this a benefit and privilege beyond being relegated to a specific role. – less
Productive and fun workplace
Facilities Manager (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAOctober 15, 2013
Pros: flexible hours
Productive and fun workplace. Your co-workers become part of your family. Flexible hours if you had to deal with family needs.
Great Company
Regional Sales Manager, Best Buy and Target (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNSeptember 27, 2012
Great Company, fun products and exciting, fast-paced industry
PS3 Assistant Lead Standards Dept (Former Employee), San Francisco, CaApril 19, 2012
Unfortunately due to downsizing I was laid off. But overall the work environment was the best I've had.

About Sega of America

To get SEGA of America to smile for a photo, try "Say 'Games!'" The subsidiary of Japan-based SEGA Corporation,┬ámakes video games – Read more